» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: bush gives up golf!

Written By: Tia on 05/14/08 at 6:36 am

well, everybody has to make sacrifices.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080514/ts_nm/usa_bush_golf_dc;_ylt=Arq_mnF20Q87vONk6F9fCo1Z.3QA

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President George W. Bush said on Tuesday he quit playing golf in 2003 out of respect for the families of Americans killed in the war in Iraq.
ADVERTISEMENT

"I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the Commander-in-Chief playing golf," Bush said in an interview with Yahoo and Politico.com.

"I feel I owe it to the families to be as -- to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal," he said.

Subject: Re: bush gives up golf!

Written By: Red Ant on 05/14/08 at 6:51 am

well, everybody has to make sacrifices.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080514/ts_nm/usa_bush_golf_dc;_ylt=Arq_mnF20Q87vONk6F9fCo1Z.3QA

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President George W. Bush said on Tuesday he quit playing golf in 2003 out of respect for the families of Americans killed in the war in Iraq.
ADVERTISEMENT

"I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the Commander-in-Chief playing golf," Bush said in an interview with Yahoo and Politico.com.

"I feel I owe it to the families to be as -- to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal," he said.

Does JoAnne Allen also write for the Onion?

Ant

Written By: Tia on 05/14/08 at 8:06 am

Does JoAnne Allen also write for the Onion?

Ant

naw, but i bet they're wishing they'd thought of this headline before reality beat 'em to it. ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/14/08 at 9:38 am

I read that in this morning's paper. He probably gave it up because he is bad at it so it makes it look like he is make a sacrifice for our troops.  ::)

Cat

Written By: MrCleveland on 05/14/08 at 11:48 am

Has anyone called Bush "KIng Midas in Reverse" yet or made a parody on "AmIRight"?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/14/08 at 1:50 pm

He's giving up his bad game for the troops.  Wow!  What a commander and chief. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/14/08 at 6:09 pm

And King George's sacrifice is supposed to help the troops....how?  Kind of a nonsequitur here.  It doesn't even work symbolically!  I'd rather he bring some of the troops home and then hit the links.
::)

Written By: Red Ant on 05/14/08 at 6:12 pm

He's giving up his bad game for the troops.  Wow!  What a commander and thief. :)

Typo corrected.  ;)

naw, but i bet they're wishing they'd thought of this headline before reality beat 'em to it. ;D

I was really looking for The Onion's copyright on that article.

Like Maddox said: "Bush: making political satirists obsolete since 2000".

Ant

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/14/08 at 10:36 pm

Thank you, Mr. President for that hard and cumbersome sacrifice. How will you pull through without it?

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/15/08 at 9:37 am

Keith Olbermann had a good report on this the other day, where he pointed out that Bush didn't even give up the game until several months after he said he had.  He can't even feign fake sympathy correctly.  He should have Hillary show him how it's done.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/15/08 at 9:43 am

Keith Olbermann had a good report on this the other day, where he pointed out that Bush didn't even give up the game until several months after he said he had.  He can't even feign fake sympathy correctly.  He should have Hillary show him how it's done.

Makes us wonder if he really gave up drinking!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/16/08 at 10:38 am

Typo corrected.  ;)

I was really looking for The Onion's copyright on that article.

Like Maddox said: "Bush: making political satirists obsolete since 2000".

Ant

How did I miss the "T"?  Karma for the correction.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/16/08 at 10:44 am

Makes us wonder if he really gave up drinking!

Laura Bush said he did.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/16/08 at 7:32 pm

Laura Bush said he did.

She could smell it on his breath when she helped him into his jammies and tucked him into bed.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/18/08 at 12:51 pm

She could smell it on his breath when she helped him into his jammies and tucked him into bed.

Of course it was Fox News.  Don't think the jammies were mentioned. Hannity must have missed that.

Written By: Shacks Train on 05/19/08 at 5:34 am

Too Bad He Didn't Give Up With The "GULF"

Check for new replies or respond here...