» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Ted Kennedy Has Cancer

Written By: Temptation on 05/20/08 at 12:20 pm

http://www.miamiherald.com/854/story/540285.html

BOSTON -- (AP) -- Doctors for the Massachusetts Democrat say tests conducted after Sen. Edward Kennedy suffered a seizure this weekend show a tumor in his left parietal lobe. His treatment will be decided after more tests but the usual course includes combinations of radiation and chemotherapy.

The 76-year-old senator has been hospitalized in Boston since Saturday, when he was airlifted from Cape Cod after a seizure at his home.

His wife and children have been with him each day but have made no public statements.

His doctors said in a statement released to The Associated Press that he has had no further seizures, is in good spirits and is resting comfortably.

Subject: Re: Ted Kennedy Has Cancer

Written By: MrCleveland on 05/20/08 at 2:24 pm

I think it's time for him to retire.

Written By: Zeb on 05/20/08 at 10:04 pm

Thoughts and Prayers :(.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/21/08 at 4:06 am

My thoughts are with Caroline

Written By: ninny on 05/21/08 at 5:34 am

My thoughts and prayers are forhim and his family.

Written By: saver on 05/21/08 at 3:40 pm

Time for the Senate to 'pick his brain' ...(while they can)....  :-[

Does Alabama need a morning radio show host?????????????????

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/21/08 at 4:55 pm

Senator Edward M. Kennedy is one of the most consequential politicians of the past century.  Like any politician of consequence, he's done things I like and things I don't like, but his passing from the political scene...and soon to Eternal Rest...gives me a deep sense of loss.

If you're from Massachusetts, only the name Plymouth Rock has more endurance than the name Ted Kennedy. 

Love him or hate him, this is significant.

:\'(

Written By: Dagwood on 05/21/08 at 7:54 pm

My prayers are with him and his family.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/21/08 at 8:07 pm

Senator Edward M. Kennedy is one of the most consequential politicians of the past century.  Like any politician of consequence, he's done things I like and things I don't like, but his passing from the political scene...and soon to Eternal Rest...gives me a deep sense of loss.

If you're from Massachusetts, only the name Plymouth Rock has more endurance than the name Ted Kennedy. 

I think only Senator Byrd of West Virginia has served longer in the Senate, of the current active Senators.  And there are a number of bridges named after Senator Byrd, too.

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/21/08 at 10:40 pm

Time for the Senate to 'pick his brain' ...(while they can)....  :-other Kennedy who killed his passengers by flying straight into the water!

///nice handbasket, am I the only one smellin' brimstone? :)

Written By: saver on 05/22/08 at 12:37 am

Now c'mon.  It's not like he killed anyone!  (Nevermind...)

/ticket to hell, first class, window seating?

Besides, it's disrespectiful to mock the dying.  Wish you chaps'd quit it.

//I deserve my own private aircraft and private pilot for that! 

That's not a Ted joke, I meant the other Kennedy who killed his passengers by flying straight into the water!

///nice handbasket, am I the only one smellin' brimstone? :)

But have you noticed the tradgedies of the Kennedys could have been avoided simply by a switch of the cars?

John should have had the hard top and Ted should have had the convertible! 

Written By: danootaandme on 05/22/08 at 4:36 am

Exactly what I wanted to say, but couldn't find the words.  I do not think Massachusetts, or for that matter the Senate, will see another of his caliber for a long time. 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/22/08 at 10:05 am

Not to mention that he is the last of the Kennedy boys. Even if you're a Republican, if you went through the sixties the name Kennedy takes on a whole different meaning.  I hope it goes into remission.

Written By: saver on 05/22/08 at 3:59 pm

Not to mention that he is the last of the Kennedy boys. Even if you're a Republican, if you went through the sixties the name Kennedy takes on a whole different meaning.  I hope it goes into remission.

To think, advances in medicine is still young...with the 2000's here, we have no cure for brain tumors...or at least this kind.

my hair stylist was talking with me and as it turned out, she said she had one in 1999...and she's still around, so I took back my repeating, survivors only last 1/2-5 years.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/22/08 at 5:10 pm

I am not exactly a Kennedy fan but I do feel bad for him and for his family. My thoughts go out to them.

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/22/08 at 11:14 pm

I am not exactly a Kennedy fan but I do feel bad for him and for his family. My thoughts go out to them.

Cat

same here Cat...there are a lot of things I don't agree with, concerning him...BUT, I would never wish this on anyone..and I will keep him in my thoughts/prayers. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...