» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Letter From a Gay Sons Mother

Written By: Dude111 on 05/29/08 at 3:06 am

Very well written
http://www.angelfire.com/pa/greywlf/gayson.html

I'm tired of your foolish rhetoric about the "homosexual agenda" and your allegations that accepting homosexuality is the same thing as advocating sex with children. You are cruel and ignorant. You have been robbing me of the joys of motherhood ever since my children were tiny. People who dont like this are cutting her and her son down and i think its wrong!

He never professed to be gay or had any association with anything gay, but he had the misfortune not to walk or have gestures like the other boys. He was called "fag" incessantly, starting when he was 6.Unfortunetly alot of idiots like to call people "fag" for no reason!

A friend of mine was walking down the hall in school WITH A GIRL HOLDING HANDS and these idiots yelled out "Fag" ..

Now you tell me who the ignorant fools are!!

The bible doesnt say "Men" cant have relations with "Men",the bible says "Man shall not have sexual relations with another man .. God doesnt like that"

If you follow this,then NO HUMAN ANIMAL ("Man") should have relations WITH ANYONE (Man or Woman)

Adam and Eve had sex (WHICH WAS FORBIDDEN but did it anyway)

Thats what the bible is saying,that god hates sex all together (@ least thats my interpretation)

Subject: Re: Letter From a Gay Sons Mother

Written By: danootaandme on 05/29/08 at 4:10 am

The bible doesnt say "Men" cant have relations with "Men",the bible says "Man shall not have sexual relations with another man .. God doesnt like that"

If you follow this,then NO HUMAN ANIMAL ("Man") should have relations WITH ANYONE (Man or Woman)

Thats what the bible is saying,that god hates sex all together (@ least thats my interpretation)

People quoting the bible drive me nuts.  First, they are not quoting "God" ,  they are quoting the stories told about him, written by some quys (who would be committed in this day and age), and interpreted(and re-interpreted) by others.  They can, and do,  twist and turn the words to suit their own agenda.

Written By: philbo on 05/29/08 at 7:07 am

That is one awesomely well-written letter.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/29/08 at 8:33 am

That is one awesomely well-written letter.

I agree. It brought tears to my eyes. It saddens me so much that people have to suffer for something that they didn't choose. I am a Christian, but I would never condemn anyone like some people do. Whatever happened to loving everyone equally? That's what I strive for everyday.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/29/08 at 9:59 pm

I don't click on Angelefire links.

Written By: philbo on 05/30/08 at 7:00 am

Don't blame you - however, I'm currently running SeaMonkey with all scripting/popups turned off, and one <Alt>F4 to close down the whole lot if it looks like it's trying to do anything it shouldn't.  A safe (if not particularly content-rich) internet experience, and if I want to see something in its full glory, I can always fire up IE/Firefox.

Written By: Dude111 on 05/30/08 at 8:25 am

And why is that my friend?

Written By: Jessica on 05/30/08 at 12:38 pm

And why is that my friend?

Angelfire is notorious for popups and spam and stuff.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/30/08 at 2:42 pm

Very well written
http://www.angelfire.com/pa/greywlf/gayson.html
People who dont like this are cutting her and her son down and i think its wrong!
Unfortunetly alot of idiots like to call people "fag" for no reason!

A friend of mine was walking down the hall in school WITH A GIRL HOLDING HANDS and these idiots yelled out "Fag" ..

Now you tell me who the ignorant fools are!!

My mom told me that he did as well, I guess he hates the thought of procreation. But, in marriage... he allows it, but still hates it. There are some things I still never understand.

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/02/08 at 1:30 am

My mom told me that he did as well, I guess he hates the thought of procreation. But, in marriage... he allows it, but still hates it. There are some things I still never understand.

Aight, I can let one poster go by, but not two.  Everyone who thinks the Christians' (or the Jews') God hates sex, google "Song of Solomon".  The entire Bible's in the public domain, so the full text is widely available all over the Intarwebs, and you won't be contributing a penny to any religious group.  And because you don't have to be a believer to appreciate good medieval erotic literature.  (And yeah, Step-Chan's mom's a representative sample of why it sometimes helps not to be a believer.)

Obligatory 80s Culture:  Stephen "Tin Tin" Duffy's 1984 one-hit-winder Kiss Me takes its chorus of "Kiss me with your mouth.  Your love is better than wine.  But wine is all I have.  Will your love ever be mine?" directly out of Song of Solomon.

Anyone who claims to believe in the God of Christianity or Judaism and who simultaneously claims that this God hates sex, hasn't read the Old Testament.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/02/08 at 7:07 pm

Aight, I can let one poster go by, but not two.  Everyone who thinks the Christians' (or the Jews') God hates sex, google "Song of Solomon".  The entire Bible's in the public domain, so the full text is widely available all over the Intarwebs, and you won't be contributing a penny to any religious group.  And because you don't have to be a believer to appreciate good medieval erotic literature.  (And yeah, Step-Chan's mom's a representative sample of why it sometimes helps not to be a believer.)

Obligatory 80s Culture:  Stephen "Tin Tin" Duffy's 1984 one-hit-winder Kiss Me takes its chorus of "Kiss me with your mouth.  Your love is better than wine.  But wine is all I have.  Will your love ever be mine?" directly out of Song of Solomon.

Anyone who claims to believe in the God of Christianity or Judaism and who simultaneously claims that this God hates sex, hasn't read the Old Testament.

The thing is with my mom, she knows about one of my fetishes and is cool with it. She's not a strict Christian type either, so she herself doesn't forbid it(obviously).

Someone else told me that God actually told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply, so that goes against the "hates sex" part.

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/02/08 at 8:49 pm

Someone else told me that God actually told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply, so that goes against the "hates sex" part.

Well, yeah, but you might be able to argue on theological grounds that sex was only for procreation.

Whereas Solomon's going on about "...thy navel is like a round goblet, which wanteth not liquor: thy belly is like an heap of wheat set about with lilies, thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins...", while indicating that although the Brazilian wax wouldn't be invented for another 3000 years, that something more than mere breeding is supposed to be going on...

Written By: philbo on 06/03/08 at 11:53 am

Whereas Solomon's going on about "...thy navel is like a round goblet, which wanteth not liquor:

Hmm... a belly button full of pus?

Written By: Step-chan on 06/03/08 at 2:27 pm

Well, yeah, but you might be able to argue on theological grounds that sex was only for procreation.

Whereas Solomon's going on about "...thy navel is like a round goblet, which wanteth not liquor: thy belly is like an heap of wheat set about with lilies, thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins...", while indicating that although the Brazilian wax wouldn't be invented for another 3000 years, that something more than mere breeding is supposed to be going on...

Yeah, that's what some would argue when it's about Adam and Eve.

I actually read somewhere else(in a pamplet while I was bored at the laundromat) that God doesn't forbid all sexual desire.

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/03/08 at 10:48 pm

Hmm... a belly button full of pus?

Or some other fluid :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/03/08 at 11:52 pm

Or some other fluid :)

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/Golden_Gun/Smilys/giggle.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...