» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Who's Conservative here

Written By: MrCleveland on 05/30/08 at 9:14 am

Despite voting Republican twice...I have been leaning Democrat lately.

Subject: Re: Who's Conservative here

Written By: Tia on 05/30/08 at 10:18 am

Despite voting Republican twice...I have been leaning Democrat lately.
glad to hear it.  :)

although with the lot in the white house right now, i'm not even sure it's a right or left issue. dubya makes nixon look good.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/30/08 at 10:26 am

I am somewhat conservative. I have only voted Republican in the elections, but it's not saying that I would NEVER vote Democrat...I just haven't seen anyone that I like yet. IF I vote at all this time...I will NOT be voting for McCain, I don't like him. I will stick a vote with Ron Paul...just because I think it is good to at least vote for someone. He would have been a great candidate...much better than McCain.

Anyway...a lot of my viewpoints are that of a conservative....however, I am by no means a strict conservative. There are some hot topics that I lean more liberal/democrat on. So ya...I suppose I kind of sit on the fence sometimes.

Written By: Tia on 05/30/08 at 10:31 am

I am somewhat conservative. I have only voted Republican in the elections, but it's not saying that I would NEVER vote Democrat...I just haven't seen anyone that I like yet. IF I vote at all this time...I will NOT be voting for McCain, I don't like him. I will stick a vote with Ron Paul...just because I think it is good to at least vote for someone. He would have been a great candidate...much better than McCain.
i think bob barr might be running. possibly a good option for conservatives who aren't digging on McOldster.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/30/08 at 10:35 am

Considering how I answered the liberal poll, I'm sure it will surprised people to know that I am a little conservative. Yes, I am a recovering Republican. Coming from a Republican family, I naturally leaned that way-until I was able to realize what my true beliefs were. But, I still have a bit of that conservativeism in me. I guess it is in my blood whether I like it or not.

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/30/08 at 10:49 am

i think bob barr might be running. possibly a good option for conservatives who aren't digging on McOldster.

I'll have to check into him..thanks. :)

Written By: wildcard on 05/30/08 at 10:54 am

My mom is a ditto head.  She told me how horrible democrats were.  I am my own thinker that still tends to be republican but I'm thinking about becoming independent so I'm not part of a party.

Written By: MrCleveland on 05/30/08 at 11:22 am

glad to hear it.  :)

...dubya makes nixon look good.

In a way he did.

If he (dubya) makes harding look good, then I'm going to find the good in harding. (wish me luck)

Written By: Dagwood on 05/30/08 at 6:46 pm

I went with somewhat.  I mostly lean conservative, but I think before I vote....I don't just vote the party line.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/30/08 at 7:04 pm

I don't label myself either conservative or liberal, simply because theres stuff on both sides of the fence I agree on, and disagree on. Come election day, I just pick the party that most resembles my way of thinking, and which one I feel would do a greater job over the next 3 years. Being liberal or conservative has nothing to do with my choice.

So you could say I'm a "fence sitter"

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/30/08 at 10:12 pm

I believe that the state has no place in the wallets of the nation.  But because I don't think it's the government's business what two consenting adults do in their bedroom, (and even if I thought it was, I don't think the government has the right to spy on you to keep you on the straight and narrow), my conservative friends think I'm a raving liberal nutjob bent on tearing down the very fabric of society.

Am I conservative?  Mu.  To ask the question is to miss the point.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/30/08 at 10:28 pm

"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative."
--John Stuart Mill

On some issues you could say I'm a traditionalist, but I can't associate myself with that confection of whipped nuts and greed that passes for the conservative movement nowadays.

So nope nope nope nope nope!!!!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/31/08 at 11:42 am

I am a strong conservative.  I used to be ultra-liberal (parents are liberal) but had a 180 degree shift around 1990.  I don't regret it at all and don't look back.

I hardly ever post on this politics sub-board.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/31/08 at 12:12 pm

My mom is a ditto head.  She told me how horrible democrats were.  I am my own thinker that still tends to be republican but I'm thinking about becoming independent so I'm not part of a party.

I have been an Independent for years. Neither party represents my interest-but I must admit that I do tend to lean towards the Dems.

I am a strong conservative.  I used to be ultra-liberal (parents are liberal) but had a 180 degree shift around 1990.  I don't regret it at all and don't look back.

I hardly ever post on this politics sub-board.

I am the opposite. (See my earlier post).

BTW, glad to see you posting here.

Cat

Written By: Macphisto on 05/31/08 at 8:17 pm

I've become more conservative in recent years on certain issues, but I can't say I care much for neoconservatives.  I'll have to echo Quirk that Ron Paul is more my kind of conservative (who is really more of a Libertarian).

I'm still more left-leaning than right-leaning, but I can defiinitely relate to conservatives on certain issues.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/01/08 at 2:45 pm

Considering how I answered the liberal poll, I'm sure it will surprised people to know that I am a little conservative. Yes, I am a recovering Republican. Coming from a Republican family, I naturally leaned that way-until I was able to realize what my true beliefs were. But, I still have a bit of that conservativeism in me. I guess it is in my blood whether I like it or not.

Cat

Same here. My family has been conservative for as long as I can remember, so I was right-leaning for many years as well.

The disaster of the past 8 years has truly converted me though. Now with "McBush" as the republican nominee, I can't see myself jumping back over the fence in November.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 06/02/08 at 7:30 pm

I believe in lower taxes, less spending, much smaller federal government and no preemptive wars.  I guess I'm a conservative, at least before the warmongers hijacked the word.

I plan to vote for Bob Barr in November.

I will NOT be voting for any of the three stooges under any circumstances:

http://i32.tinypic.com/mj9rti.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/02/08 at 9:11 pm

I believe in lower taxes, less spending, much smaller federal government and no preemptive wars.  I guess I'm a conservative, at least before the warmongers hijacked the word.

I will NOT be voting for any of the three stooges under any circumstances:

http://i32.tinypic.com/mj9rti.jpg

OMG...karma! that's the funniest thing I've seen all day! ;D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/02/08 at 9:22 pm

okay, once again, can a moderate get some love?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/03/08 at 8:14 pm

You sound more libertarian than conservative.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Libertarian Party doubles in size pretty soon.

Written By: MrCleveland on 06/04/08 at 1:58 pm

okay, once again, can a moderate get some love?

Okay, more karma since you're like me. 8)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/04/08 at 5:46 pm

Okay, more karma since you're like me. 8)

good gracious, I'm spoiled!

Check for new replies or respond here...