» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: We have a black president,

Written By: Orangina on 06/07/08 at 12:13 pm

Can we have an ORANGE president?

:D

Subject: Re: We have a black president,

Written By: Jessica on 06/07/08 at 1:40 pm

Can we have an ORANGE president?

:D

You might have to do a write in candidate from the Tanorexic party then.

Written By: saver on 06/07/08 at 5:22 pm

NOT SO FAST! Hillary only SUSPENDED her campaign for presidency!

You go girl!

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/07/08 at 8:30 pm

NOT SO FAST! Hillary only SUSPENDED her campaign for presidency!

http://i31.tinypic.com/2emdaif.jpg

You go girl!

Just go.  :)

Written By: Jessica on 06/07/08 at 9:07 pm

http://i31.tinypic.com/2emdaif.jpg

Just go.  :)

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/thumbsup.gif

Written By: Zoso on 06/07/08 at 10:14 pm

Don't have much chance of having a black president unless he chooses a certain white woman as his running mate.

Written By: Jessica on 06/07/08 at 11:03 pm

Don't have much chance of having a black president unless he chooses a certain white woman as his running mate.

I don't see why he HAS to. She talked sh*t about him every chance she got, slandered him, and just generally used dirty politics, and now she wants to jump on his ass and be VP? Screw that bitch.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/07/08 at 11:04 pm

No doubt, if he does choose her it would take a lot to win my vote back.  If he chose her there would be a 95% chance I would not vote for him.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/07/08 at 11:25 pm

Chuck Hagel FTW.

Written By: whistledog on 06/08/08 at 12:18 am

Screw that bitch.

Not even Bill would do that.  Why do you think he had affairs ;D

Written By: Tia on 06/08/08 at 1:19 am

oi. you really think the country's that retarded? they won't vote for a black man for president because he's black? if that's the case, why would having a white woman running mate help? won't make obama any less black. if people hate him because he's black then they won't vote for him in any case, and if the country is that foolish then we deserve john mccain, who will destroy this country. and if we're really that racist, then you know what? good riddance to america. i happen to think we're better than that, but who knows, maybe we're not.

god, the racist backlash against obama really makes me sick to my stomach. "no chance of having a black president." god.

i hasten to add i don't mind him having hillary clinton as a running mate. i dont mind her, i think she did some kinda messed up things in the primary but she made up for it. but a lot of her supporters -- or people who claim to be her supporters, i think a lot of them are actually republicans trying to sow discord -- should be ashamed of themselves. what was it? "inadequate black man?"

here. check this out. i was arguing with someone online and he PMed me this.

"

LISTEN UP
LISTEN UP
Listen you stupid f***ing liberal degenerate queer. I don't give a f***ing s**t about you or gay loving n****r Obama. Understand mother f**ker? LIKE I F**KING told your thick dumb head already. go through and read my posts. If you don't want to? I DON"T GIVE A S**T. YOU ARE A N****R LOVING F*G. F**K YOU AND EVERY fudgeING DUMB ASS LIBERAL THERE IS. No matter what any one says to you you're going to disagree. RIGHT? That is what liberals do. Liberals is a curse word you SON OF A BITCH. You and you butt pirate queer loving friends will not agree on a fudgeing thing. You got it DO YOU fudgeING UNDERSTAND? I don't like you or your ignorant beliefs and I do not expect you to like mine. So SHUT YOUR fudgeING COCK SUCKER UP. YOU FAGOT."

this is the sort of lunacy we're up against. this is the mentality that's been running the country for the last eight years, and it's deeply poisonous. if we let this attitude prevail any longer the country will seriously be destroyed, eaten from within by hatred and lack of character. and when i read "not much chance of electing a black man" i see a shorter version of what i got from the charming fellow excerpted above.

either we're better than this, or we're not. it's that simple.

i'm gonna give the man another fifty bucks tomorrow. cuz i know this is the sort of garbage he's up against.

Written By: Zoso on 06/08/08 at 1:22 am

oi. you really think the country's that retarded? they won't vote for a black man for president because he's black? if that's the case, why would having a white woman running mate help? won't make obama any less black. if people hate him because he's black then they won't vote for him in any case, and if the country is that foolish then we deserve john mccain, who will destroy this country. and if we're really that racist, then you know what? good riddance to america. i happen to think we're better than that, but who knows, maybe we're not.

god, the racist backlash against obama really makes me sick to my stomach. "no chance of having a black president." god.

Typical. Why have you got to associate it with race? Clearly by a certain white woman, I meant Hillary Clinton. The only reason I used the terms "a black president" and a "white woman" was to keep up with the style of phrasing used in this thread. Check the thread title. My post was in direct response to that. All I meant is that Obama can't win without Hillary's help. You can make of that what you will. I just think it's a bit dramatic since this was a fairly light-hearted thread to begin with.

Written By: Brian06 on 06/08/08 at 1:26 am

He's gonna choose MJ as his running mate?  ;D

Sorry I had to...

Written By: Zoso on 06/08/08 at 1:43 am

and why can't obama win without hillary's help?

Good question. I'd be happy to inform you.

Some polls indicate Obama will beat McCain in the general election while some indicate McCain will beat Obama. But up until Obama gained enough delegates and super delegates to secure the nomination, every poll I saw indicated that Clinton would beat McCain and had a better chance of doing so than Obama. So that's the first reason. Because Clinton had a better chance of beating McCain and the only way Obama can have that same chance, or a better one, is to put her name on his ticket.

Another reasons is the demographics Clinton appeals to. The blue collar working class. Women. LGBTs. Hispanics. She dominates these demographics and with her on the ticket, Obama has a better chance of winning over these demographics and not risk loosing them to McCain. Which sort of ties in to my next point. The bitter Clinton supporters.

Unfortunately and perhaps shamefully, many Clinton supporters have threatened to vote for McCain now that Obama is the presumptive nominee. The only way Obama can ensure that this doesn't happen is if he puts her on his ticket. The reasons Clinton supporters are planning to vote for McCain is that when the next election rolls around, Clinton will have a better chance and she wont have to compete against Obama since he's the nominee this time around and wont be able to run again. But if she's Obama's running mate than her supporters wont have to vote for McCain to improve Clinton's chances of being elected the next time around. She can run once Obama's two terms are up and have a really good chance. Providing she's a good VP, which I think she will be.

So that's why Obama needs Clinton to win the election. But he also needs her so that he can be a good president IMO. She was the best candidate on the economy out of anyone running. He needs her to advise him on the economy. She knows so much about the "war on terror". Her husband tried to seek and destroy Bin Laden. He knows a lot about Al Qaeda, Saudi Arabia, the Iraq/Iran conflict and every major issue in the middle east, which I'm sure in turn means she knows a lot too. So Obama needs her to advise him on how to resolve the issues over there are quickly and securely as possible so that the troops can be pulled out before too many more American lives are lost. In short, he needs her advice on a lot of things.

So he needs her more than you probably think. To get elected and to be a good president. He can't afford to pass up the chance to run with her in the general election.

Written By: whistledog on 06/08/08 at 1:50 am

He's gonna choose MJ as his running mate?  ;D

Sorry I had to...

Wacko Jacko in the white house.  He'd blend right in with the decor ;D

Written By: gumbypiz on 06/08/08 at 4:53 am

Good question. I'd be happy to inform you.

Some polls indicate Obama will beat McCain in the general election while some indicate McCain will beat Obama. But up until Obama gained enough delegates and super delegates to secure the nomination, every poll I saw indicated that Clinton would beat McCain and had a better chance of doing so than Obama. So that's the first reason. Because Clinton had a better chance of beating McCain and the only way Obama can have that same chance, or a better one, is to put her name on his ticket.

Another reasons is the demographics Clinton appeals to. The blue collar working class. Women. LGBTs. Hispanics. She dominates these demographics and with her on the ticket, Obama has a better chance of winning over these demographics and not risk loosing them to McCain. Which sort of ties in to my next point. The bitter Clinton supporters.

Unfortunately and perhaps shamefully, many Clinton supporters have threatened to vote for McCain now that Obama is the presumptive nominee. The only way Obama can ensure that this doesn't happen is if he puts her on his ticket. The reasons Clinton supporters are planning to vote for McCain is that when the next election rolls around, Clinton will have a better chance and she wont have to compete against Obama since he's the nominee this time around and wont be able to run again. But if she's Obama's running mate than her supporters wont have to vote for McCain to improve Clinton's chances of being elected the next time around. She can run once Obama's two terms are up and have a really good chance. Providing she's a good VP, which I think she will be.

So that's why Obama needs Clinton to win the election. But he also needs her so that he can be a good president IMO. She was the best candidate on the economy out of anyone running. He needs her to advise him on the economy. She knows so much about the "war on terror". Her husband tried to seek and destroy Bin Laden. He knows a lot about Al Qaeda, Saudi Arabia, the Iraq/Iran conflict and every major issue in the middle east, which I'm sure in turn means she knows a lot too. So Obama needs her to advise him on how to resolve the issues over there are quickly and securely as possible so that the troops can be pulled out before too many more American lives are lost. In short, he needs her advice on a lot of things.

So he needs her more than you probably think. To get elected and to be a good president. He can't afford to pass up the chance to run with her in the general election.

Wow, what a bitter, poisonous and vindictive mentality you show for Clinton supporters to have.
I am not quite sure how you or Hillary’s supporters know how they show themselves to be to the American voting public by doing so, but it does not look good…

Lets say, via your scenario, that Clintons’ supporters vote for McCain, then there is only two outcomes…first, McCain loses and Obama becomes president.

Simply put, there is no way the Democratic Party is going to support a second party runner up as nominees come his re-election time in 2012. Clinton has no rational or realistic way at that time to be elected, obviously. Done deal.

Secondly, if McCain wins, how are you, the Democratic Party or Clinton supporters going to be sure they will be in the position to propel Hillary to the White House upon re-election time?  Especially noting, by their own tactics, of how McCain came to be President?

Do you really think the American voting public, Dem or Repub, is going to trust the supporters of Clinton after their successful threat of blackmail to derail the democratic bid of Obama to President in 2008?  Do you REALLY think anyone is going to want to vote for a candidate that has such a thuggish, blackmailing constituency for supporters?

Who and why can you say that Obama couldn’t be in just the same or better a prominent position to take the dem nominee position then from Hillary then too if McCain wins in 2008, come 2012? 

If anything Obama Would be in a stronger position than ever before (again due to the desperately bitter tactics of Clinton supporters to keep him out of office)…And then, separately, what will be the deficits of dealing with a McCain administration in the meantime that may disrupt either Obama’s or Hillary’s prospects of being in the nominees position then?  Not to mention, the serious detriment the country will have under a McCain administration. 

You are saying, in effect, the upset and angry Clinton supporters are giving the US a strong middle finger in the meantime, because they didn’t get their way in 2008, just so they get their chance later.

If the bitter constituents of Clinton intend to put the US through that scenario, then we do not need her, not for VP now, and not in the future.
>:(

And BTW, their is NOTHING that shows being married to the former President somehow makes you more experienced or more able to handle world, foreign, or economic issues (for one as Clinton reigned in a administration that didn't have a economic crisis to deal with that I can note).

If anything the congressional record shows Obama was present for many more senate votes than Hillary every decided to show up on, if at all.

I want my President to actually be around for voting/signing for important laws and bills, how about you? ;)

And yes, I can think of no one better that knows more about the "war on terror" than the lady herself that rubber stamped the completely useless and ineffective "war on terror" that we have today.

Yes, we REALLY need MORE of that.

Written By: Zoso on 06/08/08 at 5:32 am

Wow, what a bitter, poisonous and vindictive mentality you show for Clinton supporters to have.
I am not quite sure how you or Hillary’s supporters know how they show themselves to be to the American voting public by doing so, but it does not look good…

Lets say, via your scenario, that Clintons’ supporters vote for McCain, then there is only two outcomes…first, McCain loses and Obama becomes president.

Simply put, there is no way the Democratic Party is going to support a second party runner up as nominees come his re-election time in 2012. Clinton has no rational or realistic way at that time to be elected, obviously. Done deal.

Secondly, if McCain wins, how are you, the Democratic Party or Clinton supporters going to be sure they will be in the position to propel Hillary to the White House upon re-election time?  Especially noting, by their own tactics, of how McCain came to be President?

Do you really think the American voting public, Dem or Repub, is going to trust the supporters of Clinton after their successful threat of blackmail to derail the democratic bid of Obama to President in 2008?  Do you REALLY think anyone is going to want to vote for a candidate that has such a thuggish, blackmailing constituency for supporters?

Who and why can you say that Obama couldn’t be in just the same or better a prominent position to take the dem nominee position then from Hillary then too if McCain wins in 2008, come 2012? 

If anything Obama Would be in a stronger position than ever before (again due to the desperately bitter tactics of Clinton supporters to keep him out of office)…And then, separately, what will be the deficits of dealing with a McCain administration in the meantime that may disrupt either Obama’s or Hillary’s prospects of being in the nominees position then?  Not to mention, the serious detriment the country will have under a McCain administration. 

You are saying, in effect, the upset and angry Clinton supporters are giving the US a strong middle finger in the meantime, because they didn’t get their way in 2008, just so they get their chance later.

If the bitter constituents of Clinton intend to put the US through that scenario, then we do not need her, not for VP now, and not in the future.
>:(

And BTW, their is NOTHING that shows being married to the former President somehow makes you more experienced or more able to handle world, foreign, or economic issues (for one as Clinton reigned in a administration that didn't have a economic crisis to deal with that I can note).

If anything the congressional record shows Obama was present for many more senate votes than Hillary every decided to show up on, if at all.

I want my President to actually be around for voting/signing for important laws and bills, how about you? ;)

And yes, I can think of no one better that knows more about the "war on terror" than the lady herself that rubber stamped the completely useless and ineffective "war on terror" that we have today.

Yes, we REALLY need MORE of that.

Whoa. I've obviously hit a nerve. Firstly, I don't think the same way some Clinton supporters do. I completely support Obama. Also, notice I said "some". That's right. The majority of Clinton supporters are democratic supporters and will vote for Obama. But then some that threaten to vote for McCain are angry at the democratic party for going against the public opinion and handing Obama the nomination on a platter. But although I don't agree with the Clinton supporters who are threatening to vote for McCain, there is one thing you said that's blatantly wrong. That being the president's wife doesn't make you more experienced. Experienced is the wrong word and it's not the word I used. Being the president's wife makes you more knowledgeable. Have you ever heard of the term "pillow talk"? I'm sure Bill and Hillary talked all the time about issues. Bill Clinton knew so much about the Saudi's, about the Iran/Iraq conflict, about Al Qaeda. He was inches away from finding Obama before the Lewinsky scandal. I'm sure Hillary was privy to the information Bill knew. I'm sure that because of Bill's knowledge and experience, Hillary knows exactly how to handle the issues in the middle east. Just watch her O'Reilly interview if you want to know how much she actually knows not just about what is happening over there but how to solve it.

Written By: gumbypiz on 06/08/08 at 7:56 am

Whoa. I've obviously hit a nerve. Firstly, I don't think the same way some Clinton supporters do. I completely support Obama. Also, notice I said "some". That's right. The majority of Clinton supporters are democratic supporters and will vote for Obama. But then some that threaten to vote for McCain are angry at the democratic party for going against the public opinion and handing Obama the nomination on a platter. But although I don't agree with the Clinton supporters who are threatening to vote for McCain, there is one thing you said that's blatantly wrong. That being the president's wife doesn't make you more experienced. Experienced is the wrong word and it's not the word I used. Being the president's wife makes you more knowledgeable. Have you ever heard of the term "pillow talk"? I'm sure Bill and Hillary talked all the time about issues. Bill Clinton knew so much about the Saudi's, about the Iran/Iraq conflict, about Al Qaeda. He was inches away from finding Obama before the Lewinsky scandal. I'm sure Hillary was privy to the information Bill knew. I'm sure that because of Bill's knowledge and experience, Hillary knows exactly how to handle the issues in the middle east. Just watch her O'Reilly interview if you want to know how much she actually knows not just about what is happening over there but how to solve it.

No, no “nerve”  has been touched, just a less than appreciative feeling for one not truthfully stating the reasons for their statements.

Statements like “But then some that threaten to vote for McCain are angry at the democratic party for going against the public opinion and handing Obama the nomination on a platter” when to this date neither you, nor the “democratic” party or anyone else has ANY statistical proof that this is so, doesn’t reveal any part of a clear Obama supporter.

The delegates and super-delegates choose their affiliation on both political, party and voter popularity, and by obvious result.  Obama’s win is not “been given to him on a platter” but won by a clear majority of delegates and popular voter choice.  You may want to re-evaluate what you put down in your response, it is obviously not the statement of a Obama supporter.  Your choice of words reveals your true feelings. 

I have every reason to believe your stance is not of one that is beneficial for any part of the voting public, or democratic party (BTW I am not a member of) and certainly not Obama, despite you stating otherwise.  What other reason would justify your statements?
I’m not really shocked by that, I’m more concerned that you don’t openly admit your affiliations rather than confuse the issue with backbiting rumor of disloyalty within both Clinton's camp and threats to derail Obama thereof if he does not designate Clinton as VP.

Experienced vs. “knowledgeable” is just semantics.

Blatantly wrong? No, blatantly reasonable and thought through.

I’ll stand VERY strongly in stating that just because the marriage partner (Hillary, or any wife or husband of a statesman of any stature) sleeps with, or has “pillow talk” conversations makes them somehow more qualified in judging the problems and finding solutions to foreign or domestic problems is inherently WRONG. Frankly I'm dumbfounded anyone would use "pillow talk" as a justified, intelligent or valid argument or a reason for Hillary to somehow be more qualified over Obama.

If we want to get "cute" about it, I'm SURE there has been plenty of women who've had "pillow talk" with Bill, but that wouldn't qualify them to be the next Vice President or President of the US. ;)

Furthermore, I find it quite humorous and naive for anyone to believe that by marriage the spouse of politician gains merit in judging issues in which they were not elected for... I believe you’ll find Abby Lincoln, Eleanor Roosevelt, Jacqueline Kennedy, Betty Ford and many other First wives would disagree with you on the stricter points of knowledge of the situations their husbands experienced and would not have made them as wives of the president qualified to judge, act or to resolve such issues just because they were married to them.
If that is all that Hillary has to use to buffer between her and Obama, than that is less than enough to gain ANY part of the VP spot and LESS of the presidential nomination now or in the future.

And to repeat, Hillary’s record on attendance on voting in the Senate is quite suspect, I haven’t now or in the past heard anyone provide a valid explanation or challenge to that. Her record in ACTION (or lack thereof) for what she supposedly believes in does not reflect her statements, that’s enough for me.

Written By: Zoso on 06/08/08 at 11:33 am

Well your allegiances are made obvious when you make stupid comments about Bill Clinton sleeping around. I don't have any hard feelings or bitternesses towards Obama because he was elected the nominee instead of Clinton. Most Clinton fans don't either. They are dissapointed but they still support Obama. So why then are Obama supporters still digging at the Clintons? Sometimes I feel Obama supporters don't want Clinton in the white house more than they do want Obama in the white house. Then they have the nerve to say Clinton and her supporters are polarising and tearing the party apart. If Obama supporters were any smarter they'd realise an Obama/Clinton ticket is a good thing and is a garaunteed victory for the democrats come November.

Written By: gumbypiz on 06/08/08 at 6:13 pm

Well your allegiances are made obvious when you make stupid comments about Bill Clinton sleeping around.

You opened the door with a weak and unsupported argument about "pillow talk" that somehow supports Clinton as being experienced or knowledgeable. Don't go dippin' if you can't swim.

For future reference, I voted for Clinton twice in the 90's, and initially had much respect for Hillary, before she showed her true colors...any support I have now for Obama is de-facto, as I don't want to see McCain as our next President.

I don't have any hard feelings or bitternesses towards Obama because he was elected the nominee instead of Clinton. Most Clinton fans don't either. They are dissapointed but they still support Obama. So why then are Obama supporters still digging at the Clintons? Sometimes I feel Obama supporters don't want Clinton in the white house more than they do want Obama in the white house. Then they have the nerve to say Clinton and her supporters are polarising and tearing the party apart.

True, Obama supporters are quite bent on keeping Hillary out, why wouldn't they after the capriciously dirty, negative and sniping campaign she waged against Obama for the nomination? Do you really believe its in the best interest of a nominee to choose someone that has shown themselves to be as such a dirty pool player? She took every opportunity to take Obama down, and now that she's lost so desperately, she and her supports think or demand she should be VP?
Obama, his supporters, the American voters and I have the same feeling towards Hillary now, we don't trust her or he motives.
I don't think that is hard or difficult to understand.
They are also more than justified in saying Clinton and her supporters are pulling the party apart by (arrogantly) demanding Obama choose her as VP.

If Obama supporters were any smarter they'd realise an Obama/Clinton ticket is a good thing and is a garaunteed victory for the democrats come November.

How or why?
Why would any supporter of Obama want Hillary after what she showed herself to be and what lengths she go to win?
And just how is Obamas choosing of Hillary going to guarantee victory? If anything many people may loose what confidence they may have in Obama by him picking Hillary as VP, someone who has repeatedly defamed, attacked him and his motives and ability. It's not the natural or rational thing to pick Hillary now after what has occurred between them and I believe many would call his judgment into question if he choose her under these circumstances.

You've made lot of statements like "If Obama supporters were any smarter they'd realise an Obama/Clinton ticket is a good thing" and others that have been posted and yet there has been no evidence or proof or substantiating argument that you've put forth to support these statements as such.

Put forth some viable argument for Hillary to be VP or Presidential nominee other than "experience or being knowledgeable" or "pillow talk".
Just because you say so is not going to cut it. Have some rational reasons for Obama to have Hillary with supporting facts or background. Address her senate voting record and other issues mentioned that you haven't commented on or been able to give any reputable argument otherwise, I'm more than willing to hear them.

Check for new replies or respond here...