» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Obama has caught the dubya disease

Written By: Zoso on 06/08/08 at 1:10 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxBX8sz3tO8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbpWonUzlrc

;D

Subject: Re: Obama has caught the dubya disease

Written By: Tia on 06/08/08 at 1:14 am

the way the sound is done you can only hear him, and you cant hear the crowd. it's pretty obvious the crowd is being loud and making him lose his train of thought. they did something similar to howard dean in 2004.

dude, i know you are a hillary clinton supporter. she conceded and now she backs obama. so it's time for you to decide whether youre a democrat or a republican. he's obviously far smarter and more articulate than mccain, and immensely smarter and more articulate than bush. both he and hillary clinton have been running nonstop for months.

Written By: Zoso on 06/08/08 at 1:26 am

the way the sound is done you can only hear him, and you cant hear the crowd. it's pretty obvious the crowd is being loud and making him lose his train of thought. they did something similar to howard dean in 2004.

dude, i know you are a hillary clinton supporter. she conceded and now she backs obama. so it's time for you to decide whether youre a democrat or a republican. he's obviously far smarter and more articulate than mccain, and immensely smarter and more articulate than bush. both he and hillary clinton have been running nonstop for months.

This thread is just for fun. I'm not comparing Obama to Bush in terms of politics or anything. I just thought Obama in these two videos was very Bush-like. lol. But I do support Obama. Completely. I'd like it if he chose Clinton as his running mate. I'd like it if Obama supporters quit dissing Clinton and vice versa. But even if neither thing happens, Obama's still a hellova lot better than having another Bush in the white house. Which is what McCain essentially is. So don't get me wrong. I completely support Obama.

Written By: Zoso on 06/08/08 at 1:29 am

wtf. double post. weird...

Written By: Tia on 06/08/08 at 1:30 am

This thread is just for fun. I'm not comparing Obama to Bush in terms of politics or anything. I just thought Obama in these two videos was very Bush-like. lol. But I do support Obama. Completely. I'd like it if he chose Clinton as his running mate. I'd like it if Obama supporters quit dissing Clinton and vice versa. But even if neither thing happens, Obama's still a hellova lot better than having another Bush in the white house. Which is what McCain essentially is. So don't get me wrong. I completely support Obama.
ok, sorry, i stand down. i actually like hillary clinton too, i think everyone's just gonna be a bit touchy for a while.  :P the whole race vs. gender thing got a bunch of folks up in arms, i think we'll all have cooled off in a week or two.

also i had that argument with that psycho last night (see the other thread) and it's got me on a hair-trigger. so apologies if i went off.

Written By: saver on 06/08/08 at 1:36 am

he's obviously far smarter and more articulate than mccain, and immensely smarter and more articulate than bush.

He still hasn't revealed any plan worth voting for him... (I will say neither has McCain, but who would you rather have running the shop when we have nutcases trying to kill off Americans? The guy who wants to run home and let other forces continue their rampages against humanity or the guy who wants to snuff them out or at least back under the rocks they came from?

Obama might have the smarts to ask and weigh decisions as he has nothing to offer why he's be good in the major departments of running the company..what?..go to personal advisers, or McCain who's been there and knows what will rock their boat...

(Guess who I like right now?)

Written By: Tia on 06/08/08 at 10:05 am

He still hasn't revealed any plan worth voting for him... (I will say neither has McCain, but who would you rather have running the shop when we have nutcases trying to kill off Americans? The guy who wants to run home and let other forces continue their rampages against humanity or the guy who wants to snuff them out or at least back under the rocks they came from?

Obama might have the smarts to ask and weigh decisions as he has nothing to offer why he's be good in the major departments of running the company..what?..go to personal advisers, or McCain who's been there and knows what will rock their boat...

(Guess who I like right now?)

it get so wearisome pointing out that iraq had nothing to do with 911 and the people you are bombing back under rocks are by and large stone-throwing teenagers and gang-members with machine guns, but apparently just as often or far more often just men, women and children going about their daily lives. 5 million refugees you've created in iraq! 5 million! not to mention there's just no way to sustain this goddamn war anymore. i dont know if you noticed but the country's broke, the military's falling to pieces, the economy is completely scary, and we're dicking around in iraq playing cowboys and indians when the world faces some serious, serious, serious problems. at least obama acknowledges these problems, and seems to have the intelligence to take a whack at helping solve them. mccain just offers four more years of the same -- or at least however many more years of this as we can stand, i seriously doubt we'd make it to the 2012 election with these policies without falling into a complete economic depression, if we haven't already.

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/08/08 at 10:40 am

Tia is absolutely right.  Mccain is just an older version of Bush.  And I have heard Obama say lots more than sound bites on a great many issues.  As to Hillary for vice, I can't buy it.  She carries too much baggage, like her husband for example.  Now a cabinet post?  For sure.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/08/08 at 11:43 am

I'd say a depression is in the offing.  They'll blame Obama.
::)

Written By: Tia on 06/08/08 at 11:59 am

Tia is absolutely right.  Mccain is just an older version of Bush.  And I have heard Obama say lots more than sound bites on a great many issues.  As to Hillary for vice, I can't buy it.  She carries too much baggage, like her husband for example.  Now a cabinet post?  For sure.
i still say attorney general for hil, with an eye to SC justice. her whole take-no-prisoners thing would be an asset as AG. plus she might prosecute the neocons with particular vigor, given that she has a reason to take it personal.

Written By: MrCleveland on 06/08/08 at 12:37 pm

Did I write a post about that?

If not, then I have to say this....They will blame anyone who will takes the job and call him a lousy president.

Maybe not you, maybe not me, but maybe someone in this country. There's 300 million souls here, so I can't tell you.

Written By: saver on 06/08/08 at 2:22 pm

If we're fighting stone throwers and teens w/machine guns, that must be some country! What a movie that would make 'TEENS AND ROCK THROWERS BURY THE US LIKE SCARED CHICKENS'....We are actually using Iraq as the battlefield going after those cells of kooks who want to destroy our country..they are coming in from other countries left and right which is why it doesn't seem to end.

If McCain was such a war hawk, he'd just want to drop one big bomb on the place, but he knows there are innocents there, so he has to surgically remove the bad and that's why it's taking so long.

I guess Obama would just leave the place then put up a big gate around the USA so they don't bother us.
I still want to hear what 'change' he is bringing. Because I need some of it for my gas. 

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/08/08 at 8:41 pm

Sadly, I could see that happening. :-\\

And the ironic thing is, these are the same people that blamed Bill Clinton for pretty much every bad thing that happened after he left office.

Written By: saver on 06/08/08 at 8:47 pm

Even before the election, there is talk of a revolt due to the rising gas prices....BLAME THE POLITICIANS....they will be kcked out of office soon and we'll have a 'change' without
Obama.

Written By: saver on 06/09/08 at 7:21 pm

Obama gave an outline of 'some' plan including 450 billion stimulus..troiuble is he will RAISE ALL TAX  PROGRAMS!! >:( >:( Enjoy all!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/09/08 at 8:01 pm

Sadly, I could see that happening. :-\\

And the ironic thing is, these are the same people that blamed Bill Clinton for pretty much every bad thing that happened after he left office.

The same people who tried to deny Clinton any credit for the '90s boom, saying it was all pay-off from Reaganomics--the same Reaganomics that doubled our national debt in three years.  Oh wait, that was Carter's fault!
:D

Written By: Macphisto on 06/09/08 at 8:52 pm

*shrugs*  I figured this thread would have something to do with Obama's pandering to the AIPAC crowd.

I'll still be voting for Obama, but I don't like some of his interventionist leanings -- especially with regard to Israel.

Check for new replies or respond here...