» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Al Franken running for Minnesota U.S. Senate seat.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/08/08 at 8:56 am

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/franken-scores-minnesota-democratic-party-endorsement-2008-06-07.html

He's running as a Democratic-Farm-Labor. (Otherwise known as Progressive).

I think Jesse Ventura is also running as a Libertarian.

Should be an interesting race.

Subject: Re: Al Franken running for Minnesota U.S. Senate seat.

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/08/08 at 10:41 am

I'm sure he will fit right in with my Senator, Bernie Sanders.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/08/08 at 11:01 am

I'm sure he will fit right in with my Senator, Bernie Sanders.

Their political views are about the same, so yes Sanders could have company.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/08/08 at 11:25 am

Franken's annoying, but I generally agree with him on politics. 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/08/08 at 4:43 pm

Franken is making himself out to be another Paul Wellstone.  He is defiantly not anywhere nearly as sincere as Senator Wellstone was.  Senator Wellstone was a political force to be reckoned with.  Franken should only hope to be one third the politician Wellstone was.  OK, I'm done ranting.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/08/08 at 4:55 pm

Well...he's good enough, he's smart enough, and gosh-darn it, people like him!

Written By: saver on 06/09/08 at 1:03 am

Sean Hannity always addresses him as Al Franken-the TAX CHEAT.....(will it stick and hurt him? I'm not there to know.)

Written By: gumbypiz on 06/09/08 at 2:26 am

Well...he's good enough, he's smart enough, and gosh-darn it, people like him!

;D
Y'know for a while there I forgot about that SNL spiel he used to have as Stuart Smalley...and doggone-it, I'm betting, if he has the calzones to do it, those clips from the old SNL's would be GREAT TV spots, if not for him, maybe his opponents... :D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/09/08 at 9:24 am

Sean Hannity always addresses him as Al Franken-the TAX CHEAT.....(will it stick and hurt him? I'm not there to know.)

Has anyone seen Sean Hannity's tax returns.  He says the same crap about any Democrat who makes more money than he does.  Besides Franken isn't the worst of them.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/09/08 at 8:17 pm

Has anyone seen Sean Hannity's tax returns.  He says the same crap about any Democrat who makes more money than he does.  Besides Franken isn't the worst of them.

Spanky will get his comeuppance, if not in this life, in the next when he comes back as a garden slug.

(Keith Olbermann calls Hannity "Spanky," which is a perfect nickname for him!)

I doubt Big Al makes more dough than Spanky.  I think Newscorp pays him 20 million a year to be the Irish-American Mussolini!
::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/11/08 at 8:15 am

Spanky will get his comeuppance, if not in this life, in the next when he comes back as a garden slug.

(Keith Olbermann calls Hannity "Spanky," which is a perfect nickname for him!)

I doubt Big Al makes more dough than Spanky.  I think Newscorp pays him 20 million a year to be the Irish-American Mussolini!

Some nasty liberal kid will probably throw salt on him too. :)

Spanky does have that cute clean cut boyish (possibly diabolical) charm that God fearing, gun totting, John Wayne movie watching Americans love. 

Hey Air America is paying out of their ears for promoting "The liberal agenda"  Unknown to Fox and Spanky personal income isn't everything.  Al would probably four times what he currently makes, if he only sold his soul and went to Fox.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/11/08 at 4:43 pm

Some nasty liberal kid will probably throw salt on him too. :)

Spanky does have that cute clean cut boyish (possibly diabolical) charm that God fearing, gun totting, John Wayne movie watching Americans love. 

Hey Air America is paying out of their ears for promoting "The liberal agenda"  Unknown to Fox and Spanky personal income isn't everything.  Al would probably four times what he currently makes, if he only sold his soul and went to Fox.

Spanky boasts about how rich he is, which is something people with true "class" find completely crass.  I find nothing remotely charming about Hannity.  He's a bully, a bore, and a brown noser to the neo-con power brokers.  He's a sumo mental midget with the IQ of a fencepost; his mind is bereft of original thought and he can only shout strings of angry right-wing cliches.  He's not even fun to watch for a laugh, like Bill-O is.
Al Franken describes a Spanky encounter in the FOX green room: "I was accosted by an Irish ape...."  True, it would not be acceptable to call in kind Franken a "Jewish ape," but as a person of Hibernian extract, I have no problem with the epithet.  I went to school with Irish apes who stole little kids' lunch money and whacked people with hockey sticks!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/12/08 at 8:17 am

Spanky boasts about how rich he is, which is something people with true "class" find completely crass.  I find nothing remotely charming about Hannity.  He's a bully, a bore, and a brown noser to the neo-con power brokers.  He's a sumo mental midget with the IQ of a fencepost; his mind is bereft of original thought and he can only shout strings of angry right-wing cliches.  He's not even fun to watch for a laugh, like Bill-O is.
Al Franken describes a Spanky encounter in the FOX green room: "I was accosted by an Irish ape...."  True, it would not be acceptable to call in kind Franken a "Jewish ape," but as a person of Hibernian extract, I have no problem with the epithet.  I went to school with Irish apes who stole little kids' lunch money and whacked people with hockey sticks!

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l101/democrat60448/DF_0290_Sean_Hannity_Liar_Tool.jpg

Al should never have been in the same room with Spanky.  The trauma could have an impact for years.

Hannity does remind me of those kids who used to terrorize kids in the halls and after class.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/12/08 at 7:36 pm

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l101/democrat60448/DF_0290_Sean_Hannity_Liar_Tool.jpg

Al should never have been in the same room with Spanky.  The trauma could have an impact for years.

Hannity does remind me of those kids who used to terrorize kids in the halls and after class.

That is exactly the kind of kid Spanky was.  Kids like that, the ones who don't get end up murdered or in prison often becoming quite successful in organized crime...or conservative punditry!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/30/08 at 3:43 pm

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/10/30/1616292.aspx

"The results from the poll of likely voters, conducted by Mason-Dixon October 27-28, have Coleman leading opponent Al Franken by six points, 42-36, with 12% of respondents favoring Independence Party candidate Dean Barkley. One in ten Minnesotans are undecided."

Watching Franken lose will be a decent consolation prize after Obama's likely win.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/30/08 at 8:59 pm

The GOP can't even steal it this time, eh?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/30/08 at 10:22 pm

The GOP can't even steal it this time, eh?

McCain ain't winning unless the Bradley effect is around 6%.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/30/08 at 10:26 pm

Franken's got a big disadvantage in terms of personality.  He's fun in small doses, but he quickly gets annoying as hell!  That's why I (and millions of others) tuned out his radio program after a few months!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/31/08 at 10:45 am

Franken's got a big disadvantage in terms of personality.  He's fun in small doses, but he quickly gets annoying as hell!  That's why I (and millions of others) tuned out his radio program after a few months!

Even though Franken ain't going to win, the fact that he is within single digits in a statewide race against a moderate democrat-turned-republican like Norm Coleman shows how bad a year it is for the GOP.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/03/08 at 11:01 pm

Coleman is a moderate I suppose it could be worse.  Although I'm a Progressive I don't think Franken is ready for the Senate.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/05/08 at 1:08 pm

According to CNN, it is REALLY close-separated by only less than 700 votes. 

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/individual/#mapSMN

Cat

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/05/08 at 1:29 pm

How many seats for the Dems in the Senate now?  I think Minnesota is recounting.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/05/08 at 1:33 pm

If Franken wins it's 57 Senate seats I believe.

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/05/08 at 3:14 pm

Franken has been defeated.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/05/08 at 3:22 pm

Franken has been defeated.

It's such a close count, the automatic recount kicks in.  Not to mention I doubt the mail in ballots have been counted yet either.

Anything can happen on this one still. Amazing that Franken even got this close.  Had the economy not tanked as bad as it had, he would still be down by 8%.

Check for new replies or respond here...