» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: I'm undecided.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/09/08 at 1:29 am

"I never vote for anyone. I always vote against." - W.C. Fields

Ever since I was old enough to vote, I've pretty much agreed with this statement. It seemed like election after election we'd get have to choose between 2 lame-o's that stuck us with that same old "lesser of two evils" crap.

Now that Hillary's out of it (and thank God for that), it's different for me this time. I actually think that Barack Obama and John McCain are both basically decent guys who both would make good presidents.

Obviously the two candidates have major differences between them and the campaign will almost certainly hinge on the economy (especially rising energy prices) and Iraq, and we can debate this further.

But yeah, I haven't made up my mind yet, and I'm actually looking forward to the debates this time around.

Subject: Re: I'm undecided.

Written By: Orangina on 06/09/08 at 1:31 am

They seem nice, but I don't trust either of them. I'm not voting, but if I had to choose I've vote for Obama. 100 more years in Iraq!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFknKVjuyNk

Written By: saver on 06/09/08 at 1:35 am

As time plays out, I now say..DON'T pick from the two if you don't like them...

Many are thinking Obama will get Hillarys' crowd but I heard many(women), on TV news polls on-the-street say, 'that's it Hillary didn't get it, they will go with McCain'.

Interesting where it winds up. But yes, McCain will do well against Barack in the debates. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/09/08 at 11:52 am

In 2004, I held my nose and voted for Kerry. Yeah, I was voting AGAINST Bush. (On the ballot, I was looking for "Anyone but Bush"). This year, I am voting FOR Obama. I think (well, I HOPE) he will make the changes this country needs instead of the status quo. 

Cat

Written By: La Roche on 06/09/08 at 12:09 pm

"I never vote for anyone. I always vote against." - W.C. Fields

Ever since I was old enough to vote, I've pretty much agreed with this statement. It seemed like election after election we'd get have to choose between 2 lame-o's that stuck us with that same old "lesser of two evils" crap.

Now that Hillary's out of it (and thank God for that), it's different for me this time. I actually think that Barack Obama and John McCain are both basically decent guys who both would make good presidents.

Obviously the two candidates have major differences between them and the campaign will almost certainly hinge on the economy (especially rising energy prices) and Iraq, and we can debate this further.

But yeah, I haven't made up my mind yet, and I'm actually looking forward to the debates this time around.

Just 18 months ago I could have agreed, but since then John McCain seems to have started down the slow road to dementia.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/09/08 at 7:53 pm

AL-B, you gotta vote against McCain, the guy's a few bricks short of a load, a few cans short of a sixpack, a few sandwiches short of a picnic, a few cents short of a dollar...plus he's a total creep who voted with Dubya 95% of the time.  Our economy is melting down right before our very eyes and McCain wants to continue the same BS economic policies that got us to this sorry state!
>:(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/09/08 at 9:29 pm

I'm NOT going with the flow...and I'm voting Ron Paul....just for the hell of it...mainly because I can't stand the other two options. ::)

Written By: Macphisto on 06/09/08 at 10:05 pm

Aside from his stance on Iraq, my main beef with McCain is his willingness to associate with the Swift Boat scumbags.

Written By: MrCleveland on 06/13/08 at 11:38 am

I'm leaning towards Obama right now, but only 60% since I was raised as a moderate.

The reason why I'm sour with Clinton was not because of sex...but he was our president in 1997 and my dad was laid-off and we had the worst year ever and we had to get rid of our cable, our paper, I was Home Schooled, and we were on food stamps.

I also made McCain, Obama, and Hellary as wrestlers on a SmackDown game that I have.

So...vote who you think is right in your opinion. They all fudge-up anyhow, they're not demi-gods.

Written By: Tia on 06/13/08 at 11:57 am

http://wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/johnmccainshocked.jpg

VOTE MEEEZ!@

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/15/08 at 11:58 am

I'm leaning towards Obama right now, but only 60% since I was raised as a moderate.

Yeah, that's about where I'm at right now.

I guess if I have any major reason to vote against McCain, it is because he has this guy as his foreign policy advisor:

http://www.harpers.org/media/image/blogs/misc/kristol2cwilliam28wince29.jpg

William Kristol, editor of The Weekly Standard, and co-founder of the Project for the New American Century.

I don't know why, but whenever I see his smiling mug on TV, I get the feeling that he's pure evil.  :o :o :o

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/15/08 at 2:38 pm

I guess if I have any major reason to vote against McCain, it is because he has this guy as his foreign policy advisor:

William Kristol, editor of The Weekly Standard, and co-founder of the Project for the New American Century.

I don't know why, but whenever I see his smiling mug on TV, I get the feeling that he's pure evil.  :o :o :o

Nah, he's just a misguided prick, like his old man.

Written By: La Roche on 06/15/08 at 10:52 pm

PNAC IS EVIL!!!!!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/16/08 at 12:10 am

PNAC IS EVIL!!!!!

Brought to you by the same people who brought you 9/11~!
;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/16/08 at 12:16 am

The reason why I'm sour with Clinton was not because of sex...but he was our president in 1997 and my dad was laid-off and we had the worst year ever and we had to get rid of our cable, our paper, I was Home Schooled, and we were on food stamps.

I hear you, bud, my family went through some real hard times back in the '80s

But you gotta understand--guys like Reagan and Clinton both followed the same economic policies.  Clinton only got in because of H. Ross Perot upsetting the applecart.  If it went as planned Daddy Bush would have been re-elected in '92!
:o

Written By: danootaandme on 06/17/08 at 6:37 pm

All I can say is McCain proved himself when he became part of the Keating 5.  He had his chance.

Written By: Macphisto on 06/17/08 at 7:22 pm

PNAC IS EVIL!!!!!

Indeed it is...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/18/08 at 10:52 pm

Indeed it is...

"I summon little Pan..."

--Coil

Check for new replies or respond here...