» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Fox News calls Michelle Obama "Baby's Mama".

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/13/08 at 7:10 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080613/ap_en_ot/tv_fox_obama;_ylt=AkGffLp.N8Cj_wwENsB9brSs0NUE

Nothing says stupidity like a unbecoming slur from Fox.

In my opinion Fox News isn't news, it's an annoyance.

Subject: Re: Fox News calls Michelle Obama "Baby's Mama".

Written By: Tia on 06/13/08 at 11:38 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080613/ap_en_ot/tv_fox_obama;_ylt=AkGffLp.N8Cj_wwENsB9brSs0NUE

Nothing says stupidity like a unbecoming slur from Fox.

In my opinion Fox News isn't news, it's an annoyance.
it's entertainment in a news format. the best spirit to watch fox news is the same with which one watches pro wrestling. only pro wrestling is a helluva lot more fun.

Written By: KKay on 06/13/08 at 2:05 pm

wow.  i won't use that term to refer to the teenage hooker behind the shopping plaza with the shopping cart full of coke cans.  and a baby.  really, four.  four babies.  one of them is 47.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/13/08 at 2:37 pm

wow.  i won't use that term to refer to the teenage hooker behind the shopping plaza with the shopping cart full of coke cans.  and a baby.  really, four.  four babies.  one of them is 47.

You know coming from Fox that was a big slap to her face.  They might have well just called her a Ho.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 06/13/08 at 3:58 pm

http://i32.tinypic.com/n4bd7a.jpg

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/13/08 at 4:03 pm

http://i32.tinypic.com/n4bd7a.jpg

They don't say who those "outraged liberals" are?  Notice it says Liberals.  As if it was said by a group.  Part of Fox's propaganda method. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/13/08 at 6:29 pm

"Do you try to explain that `baby mama' is slang for the unmarried mother of a man's child, and not his wife, or even a girlfriend?" Walsh wrote. "Are they racist, or just clueless? Isn't there racism even in their cluelessness, if somebody didn't know what `baby mama' means, but used it anyway? Even at Fox, won't somebody have to apologize?"

--Joan Walsh, Solon.com

No, Joan, they're not clueless.  They're rich two-digit IQ right-wingers feeling threatened.  That's all.
::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/13/08 at 6:45 pm

Gee, if E.D. Hill is part of the crowd complaining about Michelle Obama being a "baby mama" she's got stones.

She has gone by:

Edye Tarbox
Edie Weill
E. D. Donahey
E. D. Hill

She's been married to almost every man in the United States EXCEPT maybe Obama.  Five kids by 3 different men.  And her gang refers to MICHELLE as a "baby mama"?  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/13/08 at 11:08 pm

Gee, if E.D. Hill is part of the crowd complaining about Michelle Obama being a "baby mama" she's got stones.

She has gone by:

Edye Tarbox
Edie Weill
E. D. Donahey
E. D. Hill

She's been married to almost every man in the United States EXCEPT maybe Obama.  Five kids by 3 different men.  And her gang refers to MICHELLE as a "baby mama"?   ::)

I would suggest calling her Mrs. Oboma.  Where are all the true conservatives on this board?

Written By: Dagwood on 06/14/08 at 8:04 am

I consider myself a conservative.  I don't watch Fox news but I do think referring to her as "baby mama" is highly offensive and who ever thought to say that should be smacked with a two by four.

Written By: shackled on 06/14/08 at 8:29 am

Fox contributor Liz Trotta said she was sorry for joking about an Obama assassination

Um- Isn't that against the law?
That's the "slur" I'd be worried about!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/14/08 at 10:24 am

Fox contributor Liz Trotta said she was sorry for joking about an Obama assassination

The commentators at Fox News are a bunch of snobbish bullies that think they are the only ones on this planet. Let alone the only people that matter.  To make these kind of remarks suggest that they feel threatened.  Really threatened by Obama.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/14/08 at 4:52 pm

Tacky and totally uncalled for, definitely, but I think it is only against the law if he is actually president.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/14/08 at 10:10 pm

In this election cycle, it's obvious to me that Fox News isn't even going to pretend to be objective anymore. They talked about Jeremiah Wright for 3 months non-stop, and still didn't stop even after Obama left his church.

Several of there political commentators have accused the "left-wing" media of being biased toward Obama, but they have basically ignored the negatives of John McCain who has essentially been flip-flopping and misspeaking his way across America for over a year.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/14/08 at 11:15 pm

The commentators at Fox News are a bunch of snobbish bullies that think they are the only ones on this planet. Let alone the only people that matter.  To make these kind of remarks suggest that they feel threatened.  Really threatened by Obama.

They have a thing for dumb blondes over there, I've noticed.  Fox News Analyst Chrissy Snow!
:D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/15/08 at 4:36 am

They have a thing for dumb blondes over there, I've noticed.  Fox News Analyst Chrissy Snow!

The trick is to make them sound like they know what they're talking about. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/15/08 at 8:01 am

I've noticed a trend in the media lately to refer to expectant mothers or fathers as the "baby mama" or the more frequently used "the baby daddy".

Example, I have seen the guy who impregnated Britney's kid sister referred to as the "baby daddy".  Can't remember just who I have seen referred to as a "baby mama" but I am sure I have heard that too.

What's the origin of "baby daddy"?  I would think if anything it should be "baby's daddy"? ????

Written By: danootaandme on 06/15/08 at 10:39 am

What's the origin of "baby daddy"?  I would think if anything it should be "baby's daddy"? ????

Should be, but isn't.  Just the way it is.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/15/08 at 1:59 pm

I've noticed a trend in the media lately to refer to expectant mothers or fathers as the "baby mama" or the more frequently used "the baby daddy".

Example, I have seen the guy who impregnated Britney's kid sister referred to as the "baby daddy".  Can't remember just who I have seen referred to as a "baby mama" but I am sure I have heard that too.

It was a mid-1990s rap song called "Baby's Daddy". This is an example of mainstream white America's attempt at hipness via cultural appropriation. Once again, they misuse a slang term that they really know nothing of.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/15/08 at 6:27 pm

It was a mid-1990s rap song called "Baby's Daddy". This is an example of mainstream white America's attempt at hipness via cultural appropriation. Once again, they misuse a slang term that they really know nothing of.

I've heard both blacks and whites use the term "baby daddy" and as far as I can tell they use it the same way.

What exactly IS the true cultural meaning of this slang term (I do not remember hearing the song you mention) ???

Written By: danootaandme on 06/15/08 at 7:15 pm

What exactly IS the true cultural meaning of this slang term (I do not remember hearing the song you mention) ???

Baby Momma - mother of my child(used in the unmarried sense)
Baby Daddy - father of my child( ditto)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/16/08 at 1:14 am

Baby Momma - mother of my child(used in the unmarried sense)
Baby Daddy - father of my child( ditto)

They might as well have said "Spearchucker Headquarters, may I speak to the head Spearchucker!

Ohhhhh...having a Lenny Bruce moment!

Sorry everybody!
:-\\

Written By: danootaandme on 06/16/08 at 3:51 am

They might as well have said "Spearchucker Headquarters, may I speak to the head Spearchucker!

Ohhhhh...having a Lenny Bruce moment!

Sorry everybody!
:-\\

*doh*

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/17/08 at 10:49 am

Thought this was appropriate.  The caption is as follows:

"And now to recap tonight's top stories for those who were distracted by my breasts..."

Check for new replies or respond here...