» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Tim Russert Dies of Heart Attack

Written By: GWBush2004 on 06/13/08 at 2:44 pm

How sad.

"Russert, 58, was vacationing with his family in Italy, he returned last night. Collapsed while recording a track at bureau in DC... More... "

Subject: Re: Tim Russert Dies of Heart Attack

Written By: Mushroom on 06/13/08 at 2:51 pm

:\'(

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/13/08 at 2:52 pm

Oh no, that was unexpected.  RIP Tim.  I'll miss his commentaries. :\'(

Written By: Brian06 on 06/13/08 at 2:53 pm

RIP Terrible news.  :\'(

Written By: Dagwood on 06/13/08 at 8:32 pm

Definitely a shock.  Rest in Peace, Mr. Russert.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/13/08 at 11:02 pm

Since this is on the politics board, not the obits board, I'm gonna say:
The first time I saw Tim Russert I thought, "He has the countenance of a guilty dog."  And that's what he always reminded me of, and that's how he behaved in the face treacherous power!

Written By: saver on 06/13/08 at 11:36 pm

Uh-Oh.....Latest reports say, NOT SO FAST, IT MAY NOT HAVE BEEN A HEART ATTACK AS EARLIER REPORTED...

???...Conspiracy theororists are perking up......He was, (one of), the first to say Hillary isn't gonna get the position and now...HE'S GONE!

oooooooooooooooooo :o :o

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/14/08 at 12:54 am

Uh-Oh.....Latest reports say, NOT SO FAST, IT MAY NOT HAVE BEEN A HEART ATTACK AS EARLIER REPORTED...

???...Conspiracy theororists are perking up......He was, (one of), the first to say Hillary isn't gonna get the position and now...HE'S GONE!

oooooooooooooooooo :o :o

THOSE clowns can't even get to Bill O'Reilly!

One time Howie Carr (Boston's Rush Limbaugh) said he gets threats and gets warned from certain neighborhoods he'd better stay out. 
Well, that's not how you go about!
You say, "Howie, we love your show, come down meet the boys at the firestation sometime!"
:o

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/14/08 at 9:01 am

Wow. He wasn't THAT old. I know him from the newshour programs ... which get shown regularly here on one of our channels. Seemed the right guy for the job (competent, tough) . He'll be missed !

http://www.necn.com/files/2008/06/13/vlcsnap-4090654.jpg

:(

Written By: MrCleveland on 06/20/08 at 12:06 pm

I wonder who will replace him?

Written By: Bob on 06/20/08 at 6:48 pm

I haven't heard of him but that's sad. :(
RIP

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/21/08 at 2:39 am

I wonder who will replace him?

They said the same thing about Walter Cronkite.  They'll find a new guy to host "Meet the Press," a program that I doubt shall ever go off the air as long as our government continues to function!
::)

Check for new replies or respond here...