» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Move On

Written By: MrCleveland on 06/20/08 at 4:32 pm

Founded 10 years ago, they have stood for the Democrats 100%.

Who here would support these guys?...Because I wouldn't, even if I did become a Democrat (which I temporarily did.)

Subject: Re: Move On

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/20/08 at 4:41 pm

Founded 10 years ago, they have stood for the Democrats 100%.

Who here would support these guys?...Because I wouldn't, even if I did become a Democrat (which I temporarily did.)

Any organization that 100% supports only one party (Repub or Dem) is part of the problem and not the solution.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/21/08 at 2:41 am

That organization is to liberalism what the John Birch Society was to conservatism!
8-P

Written By: Macphisto on 06/21/08 at 2:30 pm

Move On is ending its 527 status, which is a good thing.

Voluntary campaign reform beats government mandated reform any day.

Written By: La Roche on 06/25/08 at 11:44 pm

Any organization that 100% supports only one party (Repub or Dem) is part of the problem and not the solution.

Pretty much.

Anybody that's made their mind up on something before they know anything about it is a damn fool.

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/26/08 at 10:32 am

Move On's positions on the issues have been consistent since they were formed.  The fact that they support Democrats has to do with the issues, not the party.  I too support Dems just about 100%.  the exception is when there is a viable candidate further to the left, like Bernie Sanders.  I would support a repub if one took positions I agreed with - fat chance.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/26/08 at 1:06 pm

They are the Fox News of the left

Written By: Zeb on 07/16/08 at 4:32 pm

That organization is to liberalism what the John Birch Society was to conservatism!
8-P

Was? I think the JBS is still around.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/17/08 at 12:47 am

Was? I think the JBS is still around.

Of course the JBS is still around, and so are the Ayn Rand people, that thing, the "Objectivists," so are the Hare Krishnas, and Werner Airhardt is walking around here someplace...but none was so successful as L.RON HUBBARD!

Just don't get me started on the Moonies!
:o

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/18/08 at 12:34 am

Of course the JBS is still around, and so are the Ayn Rand people, that thing, the "Objectivists," so are the Hare Krishnas, and Werner Airhardt is walking around here someplace...but none was so successful as L.RON HUBBARD!

Just don't get me started on the Moonies! :o

The Moonies were the most successful cult; the Scilons attempted to infiltrate the Federal government (google "Operation Snow White"), and while they were better at it than the Russians (!), even they failed.

By contreast, the Moonies were recognized by both Democrat and Republican congresses, and there are still Republican who take the Moonie-controlled Washington Times (which is completely unrelated to the legitimate newspaper named Washington Post) seriously.

But Elron Blubbard?  Don't get me started on... aaw, crap, too late!

The Scilons are more evil than the Moonies, but Anonymous is onto those bastards.  Last weekend's License to Lulz (Spy vs. Sci) protests weren't as big as the ones from a few months ago, but they were pretty lulzy.  The ongoing Anonymous-vs-Scientology battles are the only chance that random civilians will ever get to practice their counterintelligence skills against a real-world adversary.  The Scilons are good enough at their game to present a challenge to untrained schmoes like me, but they're bad enough at their game that a little common sense usually prevails.  And unlike the professionals in the spy game, the worst the Scilons can do is libel you or temporarily convince a misguided cop to arrest you on misdemeanor charges -- charges which will invariably be dropped as soon as the DA figures out what's going on.  (Dislcaimer:  Don't rely on due process if you're in Occupied Clearwater, FL, where the Scilons have compromised both the police and the local judiciary.  The rest of America is pretty safe territory for Anonymous, as is the rest of the world.)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/18/08 at 12:46 am

"Dianetics" by L. Ron Hubbard: The owner's manual to the human mind!

They never mentioned in those '80s light night UHF commercials that they were peddling Scientology!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/18/08 at 1:34 am

The Moonies were the most successful cult; the Scilons attempted to infiltrate the Federal government (google "Operation Snow White"), and while they were better at it than the Russians (!), even they failed.

By contreast, the Moonies were recognized by both Democrat and Republican congresses, and there are still Republican who take the Moonie-controlled Washington Times (which is completely unrelated to the legitimate newspaper named Washington Post) seriously.

But Elron Blubbard?  Don't get me started on... aaw, crap, too late!

The Scilons are more evil than the Moonies, but Anonymous is onto those bastards.  Last weekend's License to Lulz (Spy vs. Sci) protests weren't as big as the ones from a few months ago, but they were pretty lulzy.  The ongoing Anonymous-vs-Scientology battles are the only chance that random civilians will ever get to practice their counterintelligence skills against a real-world adversary.  The Scilons are good enough at their game to present a challenge to untrained schmoes like me, but they're bad enough at their game that a little common sense usually prevails.  And unlike the professionals in the spy game, the worst the Scilons can do is libel you or temporarily convince a misguided cop to arrest you on misdemeanor charges -- charges which will invariably be dropped as soon as the DA figures out what's going on.  (Dislcaimer:  Don't rely on due process if you're in Occupied Clearwater, FL, where the Scilons have compromised both the police and the local judiciary.  The rest of America is pretty safe territory for Anonymous, as is the rest of the world.)

You forgot to mention Narcotics Anonymous is linked to Scientology.  Clearwater FL is second only to Los Angeles.  Didn't someone from Anonymous hack and overrun Scientology's main website?

Hubbard also plagiarized some of Ayn Rand works.  If anyone is in charge of her estate they ought to sue the crap out of Ronny's zombies social club.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/18/08 at 1:48 am

You forgot to mention Narcotics Anonymous is linked to Scientology.  Clearwater FL is second only to Los Angeles.  Didn't someone from Anonymous hack and overrun Scientology's main website?

Just the beginning.  The war goes back about 10-15 years, but Anonymous picked it up when celeb blog Gawker picked up some footage of Tom Cruise going nuts.  The past six months have seen monthly worldwide meatspace protests against the cult.  Google "Anonyous", or do searches for it on YouTube and flickr. 

Hubbard also plagiarized some of Ayn Rand works.  If anyone is in charge of her estate they ought to sue the crap out of Ronny's zombies social club.

Hey, even Rand's landsharks knew their limits. 

"The purpose of a lawsuit is to harass and discourage rather than to win... Don't ever defend. Always attack. Find or manufacture enough threat against them to cause them to sue for peace. Originate a black PR campaign to destroy the person's repute and to discredit them so thoroughly that they will be ostracized.

"The law can be used very easily to harass, and enough harassment on somebody who is simply on the thin edge anyway, well knowing that he is not authorized, will generally be sufficient to cause his professional decease... If possible, of course, ruin him utterly."
  - Elron Blubbard, fair use excerpts from A Manual on the Dissemination of Material (1955)

Anywhere other than America, where the cult succesfullly managed to use a distributed-denial-of-service attack on the IRS (using lawsuits, one in each state, rather than zombied PCs) in order to get tax-exempt religious status, that memo alone would constitute conspiracy to commit barratry. 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/18/08 at 1:59 am

Just the beginning.  The war goes back about 10-15 years, but Anonymous picked it up when celeb blog Gawker picked up some footage of Tom Cruise going nuts.  The past six months have seen monthly worldwide meatspace protests against the cult.  Google "Anonyous", or do searches for it on YouTube and flickr. 

"The purpose of a lawsuit is to harass and discourage rather than to win... Don't ever defend. Always attack. Find or manufacture enough threat against them to cause them to sue for peace. Originate a black PR campaign to destroy the person's repute and to discredit them so thoroughly that they will be ostracized.

"The law can be used very easily to harass, and enough harassment on somebody who is simply on the thin edge anyway, well knowing that he is not authorized, will generally be sufficient to cause his professional decease... If possible, of course, ruin him utterly."
  - Elron Blubbard, fair use excerpts from A Manual on the Dissemination of Material (1955)

Anywhere other than America, where the cult succesfullly managed to use a distributed-denial-of-service attack on the IRS (using lawsuits, one in each state, rather than zombied PCs) in order to get tax-exempt religious status, that memo alone would constitute conspiracy to commit barratry. 

I've seen some of the stuff on you tube.  Some users that go up against Ronny's Zombies are sent death threats.  The whole mentality of we're Scientologist, we're chosen and we can do whatever the hell we want to is a danger to the safety of everyone.  Not only do they film Anonymous protest, if you're just a spectator you can be targeted.

Anyone who uses the law in that way in my opinion is beyond hope or help.  Are these people any real benefit to society?  Nope.

Written By: Mushroom on 07/18/08 at 5:51 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKpjKz1YqUY

Written By: Macphisto on 07/18/08 at 9:07 pm

This looks like a perfect piece of evidence for supporting the end of religion's tax exempt status.  Of course, no politician would have the balls to support the taxing of religion.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/18/08 at 10:05 pm

This looks like a perfect piece of evidence for supporting the end of religion's tax exempt status.  Of course, no politician would have the balls to support the taxing of religion.

I'd be all for it, but why rewrite the tax code just for one UFO cult?  Simpler by far to do what most civilized countries have done:  Rule that the UFO cult in question is not a religion, it's a business, and tax it accordingly.

The other problem wasn't just the cult's urging of its members to file separate lawsuits in every state so as to increase the cost to the IRS of defending against the frivolous suits, the cult probably had several people who escaped detection following the discovery of their attempts to infiltrate and compromise the IRS itself. 

Check for new replies or respond here...