» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Politicians once again give US the finger...

Written By: saver on 06/23/08 at 12:31 am

Have you heard...the politicos have taken off on their VACATIONS???

Let's all remember them when it's time to vote!  I sure will!

They could/should have been kept together to come up with or start programs to help with ways to get us through the had times, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So now we all have to suffer....while they bask in the air conditioned retreats!

:P

Subject: Re: Politicians once again give US the finger...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/23/08 at 1:20 am

Gotta let 'em go back home and schooze with local doojbags!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/ky.gif

Stick wit' me, kid, I'll show U da ropes!

http://th207.photobucket.com/albums/bb259/Guitarking411/th_moe.gif

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/23/08 at 12:45 pm

Quite a few Republican politicians are going back home to a few more irate dems.  (Democratic registration is up nation wide.)

Not only will a few be schoozing with the local doojbags but they may be hiding out in those doojbag's basements for protection from the other locals.

Written By: MrCleveland on 06/23/08 at 1:28 pm

18% of Congress is doing a good job. That means something....

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/23/08 at 1:34 pm

It means that 82% could possibly go back to regular jobs.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/23/08 at 5:09 pm

18% of Congress is doing a good job. That means something....

How did you arrive at this 18% figure?
???

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/24/08 at 12:31 am

Be thankful.  If they're not in session, at least they can't do any more damage until they get back.

They could/should have been kept together to come up with or start programs to help with ways to get us through the had times, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And you trust them to do this... why? :) 

The fewer days per year Congress is in session, the better off we all are.  I'd be in favor of giving them all a lifetime supply of hookers and blow for life, but only if they successfully made it through their entire term without voting in favor of any new law, ever, and didn't run for re-election. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/24/08 at 9:02 am

Be thankful.  If they're not in session, at least they can't do any more damage until they get back.

The fewer days per year Congress is in session, the better off we all are.  I'd be in favor of giving them all a lifetime supply of hookers and blow for life, but only if they successfully made it through their entire term without voting in favor of any new law, ever, and didn't run for re-election.   

A lifetime supply...for life?  I think I'll run for congress!

Written By: MrCleveland on 06/24/08 at 12:22 pm

A lifetime supply...for life?  I think I'll run for congress!

Democrat Party?

Or would you like to be with my party, the Pool Party?

Written By: Macphisto on 06/24/08 at 4:52 pm

Let's all remember them when it's time to vote!  I sure will!

So now we all have to suffer....while they bask in the air conditioned retreats!

Speaking of vacations, George Bush has taken more time off than any previous president in history.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/24/08 at 4:57 pm

Speaking of vacations, George Bush has taken more time off than any previous president in history.

Someone has to clean up the brush piles down in Crawford.

Written By: Macphisto on 06/24/08 at 4:58 pm

Someone has to clean up the brush piles down in Crawford.

Are you kidding?  He has illegals for that! :P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/24/08 at 5:01 pm

Are you kidding?  He has illegals for that! :P

It's one of his outdoor hobbies.  Doubt he'd give it up to illegals.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/24/08 at 7:09 pm

Democrat Party?

Democratic

Written By: saver on 06/25/08 at 1:52 am

Or they will lose those 'cushy' jobs and vacations...
by being voted out...

We could then put those in office who WILL DO what we want...enact new programs to give us the better fuel programs we know can be ordered.

Written By: Macphisto on 06/25/08 at 6:37 pm

Or they will lose those 'cushy' jobs and vacations...
by being voted out...

We could then put those in office who WILL DO what we want...enact new programs to give us the better fuel programs we know can be ordered.

I'm not sure who you're talking about considering that there was nothing there to stop the Republicans from enacting reforms between 2001 and 2006.  The Democrats have tried passing things to close the Enron loophole, but so far, Bush has vetoed them.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/25/08 at 9:02 pm

Power accumulates and concentrates.  If the citizens of a democracy do not keep both governmental AND corporate power in check, you will end up with fascism.  We live now in a fascist state but we still have enough liberties to undo without violent revolution the evil that's been done.

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/29/08 at 12:04 pm

I'm not sure who you're talking about considering that there was nothing there to stop the Republicans from enacting reforms between 2001 and 2006.  The Democrats have tried passing things to close the Enron loophole, but so far, Bush has vetoed them.

We've had gridlock before, and no doubt will again, but what irks me is that the blame is so generalized.  I blame the Repug obstructionists, especially in the Senate.  You know, the same bunch that howled for an up or down vote on Bush's judicial nominees.

Written By: MrCleveland on 06/29/08 at 2:08 pm

We've had gridlock before, and no doubt will again, but what irks me is that the blame is so generalized.  I blame the Repug obstructionists, especially in the Senate.  You know, the same bunch that howled for an up or down vote on Bush's judicial nominees.

This might sound crazy but...I blame it on the Dems.

I voted for them in 2006 to change everything...but it changed...for the worse.

Between 9/11 and the 2006 Election, we had a slow yet steady growth.

And in my opinion...Bush is toast. He doesn't have a leg to stand on right now...except for Pelosi's.

Written By: Macphisto on 06/29/08 at 3:02 pm

This might sound crazy but...I blame it on the Dems.

I voted for them in 2006 to change everything...but it changed...for the worse.

Between 9/11 and the 2006 Election, we had a slow yet steady growth.

And in my opinion...Bush is toast. He doesn't have a leg to stand on right now...except for Pelosi's.

The business cycle has little to do with who's in office.  The debts incurred from some of the deficit spending of the 2001 to 2006 period in combination with the currency devaluation and oil prices have led to an economic downturn.  This is hardly the fault of just Democrats.

The growth in the early part of this decade can be partially linked to the Bush tax cut plans, but...  Bush screwed that agenda up by spending a lot more than he gained from the increased tax revenue (mostly through war).

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/30/08 at 12:58 am

The business cycle has little to do with who's in office.  The debts incurred from some of the deficit spending of the 2001 to 2006 period in combination with the currency devaluation and oil prices have led to an economic downturn.  This is hardly the fault of just Democrats.

The growth in the early part of this decade can be partially linked to the Bush tax cut plans, but...  Bush screwed that agenda up by spending a lot more than he gained from the increased tax revenue (mostly through war).

Not to mention borrowing $600 billion from the Red Chinese!  Your grandchildren won't finish paying back China!
::)

And indeed, the Reid/Pelosi congress totally wimped out on us.

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/30/08 at 9:52 am

Not to mention borrowing $600 billion from the Red Chinese!  Your grandchildren won't finish paying back China!
::)

And indeed, the Reid/Pelosi congress totally wimped out on us.

Agreed.  But even if they had not, nothing good would have been done because of the veto and the only slight dem majority in the Senate.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/30/08 at 9:14 pm

Agreed.  But even if they had not, nothing good would have been done because of the veto and the only slight dem majority in the Senate.

Yeah, the Repugs would have filibustered everything, but still I think they needed to try to impeach Dubya on principle.

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/05/08 at 12:51 pm

Since only the house votes to impeach they could do that, and the repugs couldn't veto in the Senate, just vote to aquit

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/07/08 at 7:46 pm

and McCain has been on vacation longer than all of them:

In April, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) became the most absent member of the Senate.

According to the Washington Post’s votes database, McCain has “missed 367 votes (61.4%) during the current Congress.”

In fact, CQ reports today that McCain hasn’t voted in the Senate since April 8.

Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) last voted on June 4.

Story

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/07/08 at 11:23 pm

and McCain has been on vacation longer than all of them:

In April, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) became the most absent member of the Senate.

According to the Washington Post’s votes database, McCain has “missed 367 votes (61.4%) during the current Congress.”

In fact, CQ reports today that McCain hasn’t voted in the Senate since April 8.

Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) last voted on June 4.

Story

Well, the thing is, I don't mind him being absent.  More Republicans should be absent for votes!

Check for new replies or respond here...