» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Bush thanks McCain for support of bill they both opposed

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/02/08 at 7:54 am

sorry for the Huffington Post link, but I doubt you'll see this little fact mentioned by a news network

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/30/bush-wrongly-credits-mcca_n_110024.html

BUSH: The bill is a result of close collaboration between my administration and members of both parties on Capitol Hill. I appreciate the hard work of my cabinet, especially the leaders of Defense and State and Veterans' Affairs and Office of National Drug Control Policy, as well as OMB. I want to thank House and Senate leadership and leaders of the House and Senate Appropriations Committees. I am particularly grateful to Congressmen Boehner, Hoyer, Obey and Lewis. I want to thank members who worked hard for the G.I. Bill expansion, especially Senators Webb and Warner, Graham, Byrd, and McCain. This bill shows the American people that even in an election year, Republicans and Democrats can come together to stand behind our troops and their families.

this bill was passed with a veto proof margin because Bush opposes it.  Now he wants credit for it, and thanks McCain who also opposed the bill. 

Subject: Re: Bush thanks McCain for support of bill they both opposed

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/02/08 at 11:02 pm

That old lush prolly doesn't even remember which way McCain voted!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/drunken_smilie.gif

Subject: Re: Bush thanks McCain for support of bill they both opposed

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/05/08 at 12:46 pm

That's politics!

Check for new replies or respond here...