» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Jesse Jackson Expresses Desire to Emasculate Obama

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/10/08 at 6:07 am

The ever-eloquent Jesse Jackson, caught on an open mike, expressed his desire to *ahem* emasculate Barack Obama, due to Barack's comments that more African American fathers need to step up to the plate with their children, and about his faith based program support.

Was wondering when the backlash was going to start on Obama's comments.

When advised of Jackson's crude remarks, Obama refused to back down from his prior comments and reiterated that his own father ran out on his family, and that he knew what he is talking about.

My assessment... this incident will actually HELP the Obama candidacy, and it shows just how bankrupt the "traditional" democratic pols have been.

Subject: Re: Jesse Jackson Expresses Desire to Emasculate Obama

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/10/08 at 7:49 am

The ever-eloquent Jesse Jackson, caught on an open mike, expressed his desire to *ahem* emasculate Barack Obama, due to Barack's comments that more African American fathers need to step up to the plate with their children, and about his faith based program support.

Was wondering when the backlash was going to start on Obama's comments.

When advised of Jackson's crude remarks, Obama refused to back down from his prior comments and reiterated that his own father ran out on his family, and that he knew what he is talking about.

My assessment... this incident will actually HELP the Obama candidacy, and it shows just how bankrupt the "traditional" democratic pols have been.

Jesse Jackson is an embarrassment to the Democratic party, and has been for quite some time now.  The fact that Obama is not listening to him is about the only positive thing I've heard all week about Obama.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/10/08 at 8:54 am

Jesse Jackson is still mourning over the fact that he's not remembered for being Martin Luther Kings gopher. (Hey Jesse, go for a sandwich for us.)  He was still pretty close to the bottom of the rank when King died.  He'll complain about any black man who is being compared to King.  I sense of bit of envious agitation in Jesse.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/10/08 at 9:02 am

Jesse Jackson is an embarrassment to the Democratic party, and has been for quite some time now.  The fact that Obama is not listening to him is about the only positive thing I've heard all week about Obama.

Jesse Jackson is an embarrassment to the human race, IMO.  I think it is time he put down the microphone and retire in peace, out of the public eye.

Written By: Tia on 07/10/08 at 9:06 am

yeah, it's been a piss-poor week for OBL, for reasons have nothing to do with jesse jackson.

Written By: Jessica on 07/10/08 at 9:59 am

Even Jesse Jackson, Jr. is pissed at his dad for those stupid comments.

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/10/08 at 10:58 am

Obama has joined with Bill Cosby on this one, and I agree.  But the issue isn't so simple or straight forward.  I'm sure there are sociological studies out there on the Black family, but the only one I can recall is quite old and is a history called The Black Family in Slavery and Freedom - can't remember the author.  There are also some studies of Puerto Ricans by Oscar Lewis, like La Vida, which focuses on poor people.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/10/08 at 1:02 pm

Obama has joined with Bill Cosby on this one, and I agree.  But the issue isn't so simple or straight forward.  I'm sure there are sociological studies out there on the Black family, but the only one I can recall is quite old and is a history called The Black Family in Slavery and Freedom - can't remember the author.  There are also some studies of Puerto Ricans by Oscar Lewis, like La Vida, which focuses on poor people.

I agree with you. DC, where have you been?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/10/08 at 6:11 pm

Methinks it's time for Reverend Jesse to retire from public life and drink cool mint juleps under the shade o' the chestnut trees!
::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/11/08 at 1:19 pm

Methinks it's time for Reverend Jesse to retire from public life and drink cool mint juleps under the shade o' the chestnut trees!
::)

With a blond haired white boy as a servant.  Chestnut trees have those seeds with the prickly shell.  Yeah, he should sit underneath a chestnut tree.

Written By: Zeb on 07/16/08 at 4:23 pm

Jesse Jackson is still mourning over the fact that he's not remembered for being Martin Luther Kings gopher. (Hey Jesse, go for a sandwich for us.)  He was still pretty close to the bottom of the rank when King died.  He'll complain about any black man who is being compared to King.  I sense of bit of envious agitation in Jesse.

EXACTLY!!

Written By: philbo on 07/17/08 at 7:39 am

Obama has joined with Bill Cosby on this one...

...as running mate?

(now *that* would be a "dream ticket" :D)

Written By: Jessica on 07/17/08 at 10:47 am

Oh boy.

Jackson used "n" word in off-air gaffe

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/17/08 at 10:19 pm

Oh boy.

Jackson used "n" word in off-air gaffe

Nooooo, he was saying niggardly.  Like, hey everybody don't be stingy!

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/18/08 at 12:14 am

Found this one today:

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/09/68/29/slideshow_629689_mike07112008.jpg

Hey, don't blame me, I voted large-nutted-squirrel, straight ticket.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/18/08 at 12:51 am

Found this one today:

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/09/68/29/slideshow_629689_mike07112008.jpg

Hey, don't blame me, I voted large-nutted-squirrel, straight ticket.

Pretty good if your target audience is 10-year-old boys!

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/18/08 at 1:39 am

Pretty good if your target audience is 10-year-old boys!

What is this, FOX News?  Mark Foley's not a Democrat!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/18/08 at 11:58 pm

What is this, FOX News?  Mark Foley's not a Democrat!

Not what I meant, wise guy!
;)

Check for new replies or respond here...