» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Bernie Mac Rebuked for Jokes Told at Obama Fundraiser

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/12/08 at 6:06 am

Maybe Phil Graham was right after all.  Are we a nation of whiners?  Bernie Mac was doing a comedy routine at an Obama fundraiser and now everybody is up in arms at his "sexist" humour.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080712/ap_on_el_pr/obama_bernie_mac

WTF?  You mean comedians cannot tell wife jokes, and (I suppose) comediennes cannot tell hubby jokes anymore?  Next think you know, PITA is gonna have its panties in a bunch when somebody tells the "Why did the chicken cross the road" joke.  ::)

You go and see a Bernie Mac routine you know what you're gonna be getting.  I mean, I can see busting him for foul language, but the rest of it is a COMEDY ROUTINE fer cryin' out loud!!!!!!

Subject: Re: Bernie Mac Rebuked for Jokes Told at Obama Fundraiser

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/12/08 at 9:09 am

There is a time and place for certain jokes. That obviously was either. The joke they printed didn't have a funny build-up.

Written By: MrCleveland on 07/14/08 at 4:20 pm

America wants us to be unfunny.

Ever seen the Tiny Toons episode "Washingtoon"? (I could see the cartoon redone now with George W. Bush being a die-hard fan of Tiny Toons and banging on the gavel backwards.) There's this woman who thinks comedy is immoral and decides to make everything moral. That means we can't do slapstick or off-color jokes.

Let's fight this so we could all laugh at ourselves! ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/14/08 at 11:58 pm

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x109/zoomddy/americanpolitics.jpg

The harder American politics tries to be serious (witness the panic-du-jour about the New Yorker's front cover -- a cover so perfect that neither the Right nor the Left knows they're both being trolled for lulz!), the funnier it gets.

We threw away the Republic and didn't even get an Empire in exchange.  We're all riding this slimy turd down the bowl together and the least our rulers should be able to do is let us enjoy the ride.

Written By: Macphisto on 07/15/08 at 8:54 pm

I'd have to agree that the crowd overreacted to the joke, but never underestimate how bitter and cranky those feminist Clinton supporters can get.

Feminism (or what seems to pass as it these days) is often lacking in a sense of humor.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/15/08 at 9:32 pm

This ain't no freakin' story!  Just get the guy conflated with some other BS he never even said.
::)

Written By: philbo on 07/16/08 at 6:14 am

Is "Bernie Mac" some kind of massive mortgage lender?

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/16/08 at 8:54 am

There is a time and place for certain jokes. That obviously was either. The joke they printed didn't have a funny build-up.

it's because it's not even an original joke, and it's not told right.  That's what people should be complaining about.

This little boy goes up to his dad and he says "Dad?, What's the difference between Potentially and Realistically?" To which the father replies "Well son, go ask your mother if she would sleep with Robert Redford for a million dollars. Then you ask your sister if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars. Then you ask your brother if he would sleep with Tom Cruise for a million dollars." So the boy goes up to his mom and asks her if she would sleep with Robert Redford for a million dollars and the mother replies "Oh my god, of course I would, he is so good looking!" So the boy moves on and asks his sister if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars, and she replies "He is so fudgeing fine, of course I would!" Then last but no least he goes up to his brother and asks him if he would sleep with Tom Cruise for a million dollars, his brother says "Of course I would, who wouldn't for a million bucks?" So he goes up to his dad and says "I think I learned the difference between potentially and realistically" "Well what's the difference?" says the father. "Well, potentially we're sitting on 3 million dollars, realistically we're living with 2 sluts and a fag!"

Check for new replies or respond here...