» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Canada to deport U.S. war deserter

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/15/08 at 11:13 am

Canada to deport U.S. war deserter

I don't have a problem with this myself.  I can't understand why there's even a debate about it.  This individual volunteered for the military and then ran when asked to serve.  The group supporting him keeps trying to draw comparisons with the Vietnam war, but the people who fled north were being drafted and were not volunteers.  You don't get to pick which wars you agree to fight in when you sign up for the service.

Subject: Re: Canada to deport U.S. war deserter

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/15/08 at 6:14 pm

Hey, they didn't tell the guy they were gonna use real bullets and stuff!
:D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/16/08 at 12:06 pm

Piece of advice, when you volunteer for any branch of Military they reserve the right to ship you were ever they want. 

In Nam there was a draft.  Some of those guys had no choice.  That statement is probably offensive to anyone who ended up traveling down Ho Che Min trail by order of Uncle Sam.

Actually if this guy is such a wuz do we really want him going to war?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/17/08 at 1:18 am

Piece of advice, when you volunteer for any branch of Military they reserve the right to ship you were ever they want. 

In Nam there was a draft.  Some of those guys had no choice.  That statement is probably offensive to anyone who ended up traveling down Ho Che Min trail by order of Uncle Sam.

Actually if this guy is such a wuz do we really want him going to war?

fuzzy wuzzy wuz a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, so he wasn't fuzzy wuzzy?

They're going to have to get the military's butt in gear for a draft if we want to go into Iran, and for godsakes you can't have those Blackwater Mutant Ninja Turtles out there; they will get picked off by a professional army faster then S through a G!
8)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/17/08 at 11:51 am

fuzzy wuzzy wuz a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, so he wasn't fuzzy wuzzy?

They're going to have to get the military's butt in gear for a draft if we want to go into Iran, and for godsakes you can't have those Blackwater Mutant Ninja Turtles out there; they will get picked off by a professional army faster then S through a G!
8)

I was thinking about using the term dofus. :-\\

The guys from Blackwater  could never handle Iran.  The terrain is too mountainous.  People trained through Blackwater are trained for situations where they can see their target.

If and when there is a draft women will be included too.  No better warrior than an agitated women.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/17/08 at 10:10 pm

I was thinking about using the term dofus. :-\\

The guys from Blackwater  could never handle Iran.  The terrain is too mountainous.  People trained through Blackwater are trained for situations where they can see their target.

If and when there is a draft women will be included too.  No better warrior than an agitated women.

Is "women" being construed as singular here?
;)

I've seen Blackwater guys in bars and around town.  They're aggressive dufuses with no manners and no discipline.  It was easy to spot them.  They looked paramilitary, but they acted like 10-year-old boys playing dodgeball!  They didn't seem like U.S. army guys who, contrary to popular myth, tend to behave more level-headed than common yahoos even when they've got a couple of drinks in 'em.  That is, they don't look for trouble.  A lot of these mercenary-types looked not-to-bright or maybe a little psycho!  They beat the crap out of a guy I know, but he's a lush and a troublemaker so he probably didn't try hard to stay on their good graces either!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/drunken_smilie.gif

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/18/08 at 12:24 am

Is "women" being construed as singular here?
;)

I've seen Blackwater guys in bars and around town.  They're aggressive dufuses with no manners and no discipline.  It was easy to spot them.  They looked paramilitary, but they acted like 10-year-old boys playing dodgeball!  They didn't seem like U.S. army guys who, contrary to popular myth, tend to behave more level-headed than common yahoos even when they've got a couple of drinks in 'em.  That is, they don't look for trouble.  A lot of these mercenary-types looked not-to-bright or maybe a little psycho!  They beat the crap out of a guy I know, but he's a lush and a troublemaker so he probably didn't try hard to stay on their good graces either!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/drunken_smilie.gif

Nope, darn my typos.  Besides I tried to sign up for PA National Guard, they wouldn't take me.  At least with enlisted military personnel you kind of know what you're dealing with.  Blackwater guys have no real code of conduct.  Why?  Because they're private contractors and they don't have to answer to anyone.

I knew a guy who claims he was beaten up by a few of the local Army boys for no reason.  Turns out he taunted them to the point of where they left boot imprints on him.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/18/08 at 12:36 am

Nope, darn my typos.  Besides I tried to sign up for PA National Guard, they wouldn't take me.  At least with enlisted military personnel you kind of know what you're dealing with.  Blackwater guys have no real code of conduct.  Why?  Because they're private contractors and they don't have to answer to anyone.

I knew a guy who claims he was beaten up by a few of the local Army boys for no reason.  Turns out he taunted them to the point of where they left boot imprints on him.

Welll, that's why we decided we didn't want hang around with this guy.  We just want to drink some booze and play pool, we don't want no trouble with nobody!

Check for new replies or respond here...