» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Cynthia McKinney running for Prez as a Green.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/16/08 at 12:13 pm

http://www.runcynthiarun.org/

Cause the Presidential race needs a black woman who ain't afraid of Dubya or Capitol security.

Subject: Re: Cynthia McKinney running for Prez as a Green.

Written By: Henk on 07/16/08 at 3:18 pm

You know, I've actually listened to her acceptance speech - all 33 (plus) minutes of it. She's one powerful, inspired woman, I'll give her that.

I gave up on listening to Rosa Clemente pretty soon. All this talk of hip-hop...I didn't get the point (if there was one). Still - I prefer hip-hop over a flip-flop anytime... ::)

Will the Green Party get their 5 percent? It would be nice for a change, but I doubt it.

Written By: Tia on 07/16/08 at 3:42 pm

she'd be a tempting vote. if obama veers a lot further toward the "center" i'll be thinking about a vote for her.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/16/08 at 3:44 pm

You know, I've actually listened to her acceptance speech - all 33 (plus) minutes of it. She's one powerful, inspired woman, I'll give her that.

I gave up on listening to Rosa Clemente pretty soon. All this talk of hip-hop...I didn't get the point (if there was one). Still - I prefer hip-hop over a flip-flop anytime... ::)

Will the Green Party get their 5 percent? It would be nice for a change, but I doubt it.

Cynthia does have great conviction.  I admire her for that.  I remember her wanting to impeach the whole Bush administration.  That took guts, she paid for her decision dearly.

Don't too much care for Rosa.  I don't think she's VP material.

One things for sure.  With McKinney throwing her hat in the ring, it's going to get real interesting.

Written By: Henk on 07/16/08 at 3:57 pm

Cynthia does have great conviction.  I admire her for that.  I remember her wanting to impeach the whole Bush administration.  That took guts, she paid for her decision dearly.

She's not afraid to speak her mind. Politically incorrect, but refreshing.

Don't too much care for Rosa.  I don't think she's VP material.

Agreed. I'm not sure who wrote her speech (herself, by the sound of it), but she's got a lot to learn. It didn't sound real to me. Maybe if she'd rapped it or something...

One things for sure.  With McKinney throwing her hat in the ring, it's going to get real interesting.

Definitely. I think she's more experienced than Obama, which could give her a slight advantage over him. On the other hand: the Greens are but a small party.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/17/08 at 12:52 am

she'd be a tempting vote. if obama veers a lot further toward the "center" i'll be thinking about a vote for her.

Dude, you can't do that! Obama's going to have no choice but to go centrist, but no McCain voter is going to change his mind and vote for Cynthia McKinney.  Then we might have President McCain!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/help.gif

I do like Cynthia McKinney and should be in the running for a cabinet post rather than the Greens guileless campaign!

Written By: Tia on 07/17/08 at 9:08 am

we might have President McCain!that'd be awesome! if it's this bad now, can you imagine how detested the republicans would be in 2012? :P

anyway, they have bob barr. i've actually been contemplating voting for him too. i like bob barr. i like protest votes in general.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/17/08 at 11:39 am

I'd vote for anyone who looses a Congressional seat for doing something people think should be done, but don't have the guts to say it.  (She wanted all of Bush's cabinet impeached)

Written By: Macphisto on 07/17/08 at 7:53 pm

Apparently, she is close to representing my viewpoint (although not nearly as close as Mike Gravel is).  I wouldn't vote for her though.  She was a major drama queen back when she was in the House.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/17/08 at 8:33 pm

Apparently, she is close to representing my viewpoint (although not nearly as close as Mike Gravel is).  I wouldn't vote for her though.  She was a major drama queen back when she was in the House.

OK, so she did have a tendency to yell a lot and cry racism when Capitol security asked to see her ID badge.  Somehow I'd rather have a drama queen around then a whinny idiot who relies on the brain of one other person.

Written By: Macphisto on 07/17/08 at 8:36 pm

OK, so she did have a tendency to yell a lot and cry racism when Capitol security asked to see her ID badge.  Somehow I'd rather have a drama queen around then a whinny idiot who relies on the brain of one other person.

I'll take Obama over McKinney any day.  I'd take McKinney over McCain and Bob Barr though.  Barr is actually more of a Republican than McCain is, which is why I won't be voting Libertarian.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/17/08 at 8:40 pm

I'll take Obama over McKinney any day.  I'd take McKinney over McCain and Bob Barr though.  Barr is actually more of a Republican than McCain is, which is why I won't be voting Libertarian.

I'm still mourning over the fact that Bill Richardson is out of the picture.  Somehow I can't see Cynthia holding it together at a G-8 summit.  Max is right, she'd be best in a cabinet position.  Barr was a hard core Conservative Republican.  His views haven't changed, only his party registration.

Written By: Macphisto on 07/17/08 at 8:45 pm

I'm still mourning over the fact that Bill Richardson is out of the picture.  Somehow I can't see Cynthia holding it together at a G-8 summit.  Max is right, she'd be best in a cabinet position.  Barr was a hard core Conservative Republican.  His views haven't changed, only his party registration.

Richardson declined on the running mate offer?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/17/08 at 8:47 pm

Richardson declined on the running mate offer?

Haven't really heard anything about that.  He's been pretty quiet.  They were saying it could be Dick Gephart for a while.  I do hope he is Obama's running mate.

Written By: Macphisto on 07/17/08 at 8:48 pm

Haven't really heard anything about that.  He's been pretty quiet.  They were saying it could be Dick Gephart for a while.  I do hope he is Obama's running mate.

Same here...  I didn't realize you were talking about the nomination.  He dropped out pretty early.

Written By: Davester on 07/17/08 at 9:05 pm

Dude, you can't do that! Obama's going to have no choice but to go centrist, but no McCain voter is going to change his mind and vote for Cynthia McKinney.  Then we might have President McCain!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/help.gif

And McCain will make gestures toward liberal ideas...

This is only the "sucking-up to the undecideds" phase.  Just hold your nose for awhile...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/17/08 at 9:19 pm

And McCain will make gestures toward liberal ideas...

This is only the "sucking-up to the undecideds" phase.  Just hold your nose for awhile...

I got a "gesture" for all of 'em!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/thefinger.gif

Written By: Davester on 07/18/08 at 1:19 am

I got a "gesture" for all of 'em!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/thefinger.gif

Seconded...

Written By: GWBush2004 on 07/18/08 at 8:06 am

that'd be awesome! if it's this bad now, can you imagine how detested the republicans would be in 2012? :P

anyway, they have bob barr. i've actually been contemplating voting for him too. i like bob barr. i like protest votes in general.

Join the club!  I'm one of the current 6% nationally, and one of the 8% in the state of Georgia according to recent opinion polls, who is voting for Bob Barr.

http://www.bobbarr2008.com/

Written By: GWBush2004 on 07/18/08 at 8:17 am

http://i37.tinypic.com/svo2nn.jpg

McKinney-Buckwheat '08!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/18/08 at 12:31 pm

http://i37.tinypic.com/svo2nn.jpg

McKinney-Buckwheat '08!

At least some people find both of them charming.  Not much charming about Bush-Cheneee.

Don't get you panties all in a bunch sweetie, remember your blood pressure.

Written By: Macphisto on 07/18/08 at 9:01 pm

Buckwheat was charming, but Cynthia...  well...  I won't go there....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/18/08 at 11:35 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_clown.gif

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/19/08 at 9:35 am

Buckwheat was charming, but Cynthia...  well...  I won't go there....

Oh come on, she has her good days.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/19/08 at 9:38 am

Klansmen, your bus is leaving! Don't want to miss the cross-burning do we?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_clown.gif

You're not one to mince words are you?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/19/08 at 6:57 pm

You're not one to mince words are you?

No!  Well, yes, I mean, sometimes.  Maybe.  Depends.
:D

Check for new replies or respond here...