» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Ted Stevens indicted finally

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/29/08 at 1:34 pm

one corrupt Congress-critter down, a few hundred more to go

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/30/washington/30stevens.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

Is Dollar Bill Jefferson next?

Subject: Re: Ted Stevens indicted finally

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/29/08 at 3:46 pm

Steven's is an old greedy bastard.  Failing to report gifts, wonder if he's going to blame it on the onset of dementia.

Neh, Jefferson will never fess up.  He's got the mentality of a pimp being picked on by "the man".  Ethics?  He doesn't know the concept.

Written By: Red Ant on 07/29/08 at 4:17 pm

With all the corruption in Congress these days, failing to report freebie rennovations to your home (even extensive and expensive ones) almost seems honorable in comparison to some of the other things we've heard about. Almost. Hiding it all away is the much bigger problem IMO.

Ant

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/29/08 at 6:47 pm

Toss him in the slammer and throw away the key.  Here in Pennsylvania we now have 12 current and former members of the state legislature under indictment for nefarious financial dealings.  Off with their heads, I say.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/29/08 at 9:13 pm

the last time I can think of where someone got in trouble the same exact thing, he rebranded himself a maverick and got nice and cozy with the press.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/29/08 at 10:13 pm

Talk about a career flushed down the tubes...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/29/08 at 11:09 pm

Toss him in the slammer and throw away the key. 

They say don't do the crime if you can't do the time.  Thing is, Ted is 84.  He probably can't do the time in the pokey.  I say just fine the crap out of him and let him retire in disgrace.  If he's been in politics for six decades and he hasn't figured out how to take, you know, "legal" bribes, then he deserves a dope slap as well, not too rough though, he's prolly kinda brittle!
::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/30/08 at 5:00 am

Toss him in the slammer and throw away the key.  Here in Pennsylvania we now have 12 current and former members of the state legislature under indictment for nefarious financial dealings.  Off with their heads, I say.

Not sure if Federal prison's have geriatric units.  Did you hear state dems are saying they're being singled out for the campaign bonus "scandal"?  Can we just get rid of everyone (including Fast Eddie) and start fresh?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/01/08 at 1:02 am

This is a guy...

Check it out now,

This is a guy whose wife died in an airliner crash, but 30 years later when the senate didn't give him his way on some bill, he said it was "the worst day of my life!"

Weeellll....we never did meet Mrs. Stevens, did we?
;)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/01/08 at 8:08 am

This is a guy...

Check it out now,

This is a guy whose wife died in an airliner crash, but 30 years later when the senate didn't give him his way on some bill, he said it was "the worst day of my life!"

Weeellll....we never did meet Mrs. Stevens, did we?
;)

He and Jesse Helm should never had been in the same room they fed off of each other.  Jesse's temper tantrums were much more entertaining though.  Those boys had some pretty messed up priorities.

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/01/08 at 8:19 am

I'm hoping Frank Russo would be next, he owns half of my county.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/01/08 at 6:54 pm

He and Jesse Helm should never had been in the same room they fed off of each other.  Jesse's temper tantrums were much more entertaining though.  Those boys had some pretty messed up priorities.

Yeah, Stevens tends to come across like a grumpy old man, whereas Jesse used to come across as smug and pompous as the antichrist himself!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/02/08 at 11:22 pm

Yeah, Stevens tends to come across like a grumpy old man, whereas Jesse used to come across as smug and pompous as the antichrist himself!

So now the senate just has the feel of grumpy old man.  Without smugness it just isn't the same.  Oh well, thankfully we still have the old bigoted stick in the mud Robert Byrd.

Progress ha!!!  Long live the geriatric senate club. :D

Written By: Macphisto on 08/03/08 at 12:47 am

Indeed...  Stevens is one of the worst pork barrel spenders in Congress.  He's living proof that Republicans often spend more on pork than Democrats.  They blast their opponents for pork, while their most senior Senator is allocating funds for an Alaskan road to nowhere and legislating the affairs of the internet not knowing how it actually works.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/03/08 at 9:48 am

Indeed...  Stevens is one of the worst pork barrel spenders in Congress.  He's living proof that Republicans often spend more on pork than Democrats.  They blast their opponents for pork, while their most senior Senator is allocating funds for an Alaskan road to nowhere and legislating the affairs of the internet not knowing how it actually works.

Democrats usually want pork for social programs. 

The road to nowhere was to boost Alaskans self esteem at the taxpayers from Iowa's expense.  As for his legislating the affairs of the internet he was basing it on a fear of the unknown.  Therefore it needs to be controlled.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/03/08 at 6:45 pm

Democrats usually want pork for social programs. 

The road to nowhere was to boost Alaskans self esteem at the taxpayers from Iowa's expense.  As for his legislating the affairs of the internet he was basing it on a fear of the unknown.  Therefore it needs to be controlled.

Pork is universal.  If you don't bring home the bacon, the voters might not send you back to Washington!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/05/08 at 9:27 am

Pork is universal.  If you don't bring home the bacon, the voters might not send you back to Washington!

Try telling a Grange member from Nebraska that they're paying for social programs in San Francisco.  How fast can you run Max? 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/05/08 at 10:43 pm

Try telling a Grange member from Nebraska that they're paying for social programs in San Francisco.  How fast can you run Max? 

"Ain't your boy still over in San Fran-cisco, Ed?"
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/farmerjohn.gif

Those ranchers don't even wanna be reminded about any deals with the Bureau of Land Management. 

Everybody's on the government teat in some way or other, urban or rural, rich or poor, everybody's just trying to get a slice!
8)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/12/08 at 12:18 pm

"Ain't your boy still over in San Fran-cisco, Ed?"
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/farmerjohn.gif

Those ranchers don't even wanna be reminded about any deals with the Bureau of Land Management. 

Everybody's on the government teat in some way or other, urban or rural, rich or poor, everybody's just trying to get a slice!
8)

Is that the theme song to Green Acres I hear? :D

The reasoning you just presented is why you'd suck at being a Republican.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/12/08 at 9:41 pm

Is that the theme song to Green Acres I hear? :D

The reasoning you just presented is why you'd suck at being a Republican.

Only if Larry Craig taught me how!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/evil6.gif

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/13/08 at 6:18 pm

Only if Larry Craig taught me how!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/evil6.gif

Oh that's right you're too old for Mark Fowley. ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/13/08 at 6:58 pm

Oh that's right you're too old for Mark Fowley. ;D

I beg your pardon!
:-[

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/13/08 at 10:08 pm

I beg your pardon!
:-[

Never mind.  Poor attempt at a joke.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/15/08 at 8:27 pm

Never mind.  Poor attempt at a joke.

But is he Mark Fowley because he likes chicken...never mind.
:-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...