» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Cheney wanted to dress up Americans as Iranians and have them fire on US ships

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/31/08 at 6:14 pm

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/07/31/cheney-proposal-for-iran-war/

HERSH: There was a dozen ideas proffered about how to trigger a war. The one that interested me the most was why don’t we build — we in our shipyard — build four or five boats that look like Iranian PT boats. Put Navy seals on them with a lot of arms. And next time one of our boats goes to the Straits of Hormuz, start a shoot-up.

sort of what we expected... surprised they didn't go through with it

Subject: Re: Cheney wanted to dress up Americans as Iranians and have them fire on US ships

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/31/08 at 6:18 pm

It has of course worked before

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gleiwitz_incident

and the neocons wonder why they get compared to the Nazis...

Subject: Re: Cheney wanted to dress up Americans as Iranians and have them fire on US ships

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/01/08 at 12:42 am

Are these guys more like the nemeses of Batman or more like the nemeses of James Bond?  I can't decide!
;D

Why do we let these bums hang around drinking our milkshake!

Subject: Re: Cheney wanted to dress up Americans as Iranians and have them fire on US shi

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/01/08 at 8:14 am

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/07/31/cheney-proposal-for-iran-war/

HERSH: There was a dozen ideas proffered about how to trigger a war. The one that interested me the most was why don’t we build — we in our shipyard — build four or five boats that look like Iranian PT boats. Put Navy seals on them with a lot of arms. And next time one of our boats goes to the Straits of Hormuz, start a shoot-up.

sort of what we expected... surprised they didn't go through with it

We haven't finished the war we have.  Cheney needs a brain transplant.

Subject: Re: Cheney wanted to dress up Americans as Iranians and have them fire on US shi

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/01/08 at 7:04 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/conehead.gif
Careful...it might just be YOUR brain he gets! 

Dick Cheney before he dicks you!

Written By: Red Ant on 08/01/08 at 8:33 pm

War? Which one?  ;D The war on terror, the war on drugs? We're still in Afghanistan, Iraq... hell, even keeping troops in Korea to me means that war hasn't been 100% won yet, a war that started 58 years ago.

I'm waiting for the US to declare the "War On Everything".

It's a shame we can't dress up Cheney as an insurgent and drop him off in Bagdad.

Ant

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/01/08 at 10:28 pm

War? Which one?  ;D The war on terror, the war on drugs? We're still in Afghanistan, Iraq... hell, even keeping troops in Korea to me means that war hasn't been 100% won yet, a war that started 58 years ago.

It's a shame we can't dress up Cheney as an insurgent and drop him off in Bagdad.

Ant

He almost got shot in Afghanistan. (Not making that up!)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/02/08 at 8:47 pm

He almost got shot in Afghanistan. (Not making that up!)

Almost only counts in horseshoes.  So get out the horseshoes for Dick....

I know, I know, they're for horses not dicks.
:-\\

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/02/08 at 11:29 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/conehead.gif
Careful...it might just be YOUR brain he gets! 

Dick Cheney before he dicks you!

That would make him smarter if he had my brains.  Actually if he had the brains of Mr.Ed he'd be smarter.

I don't think it's possible to do anything to Cheney.  That pacemaker suggest immortality.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/02/08 at 11:31 pm

Ant

Did the U.S. ever officially declare war on everything?

Written By: Macphisto on 08/03/08 at 12:26 am

I'm very much anti-war and definitely not neocon, but what is Hersh's source for this?  These are some serious accusations without much to back it up.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/03/08 at 6:41 am

I'm very much anti-war and definitely not neocon, but what is Hersh's source for this?  These are some serious accusations without much to back it up.

he's claiming an anonymous high level official... which normally I'd dismiss as pretty unreliable a source.  However the last time something this came out in the run up to Iraq, it was later confirmed in the Downing Street memo.

Check for new replies or respond here...