» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: McCain/Ridge

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/11/08 at 6:34 pm

This is a possible Republican Ticket.

What's your opinion on this?

Subject: Re: McCain/Ridge

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/11/08 at 8:46 pm

McCain should climb to the top of the highest ridge and take a flying leap!
::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/11/08 at 9:00 pm

Ridge doesn't do it for me.  And I'm from Pennsylvania.

Maybe he can pick Jindal.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/11/08 at 9:05 pm

Maybe he can pick his nose.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/12/08 at 12:02 pm

No one who's done time in Harrisburg should be sent to D.C.  It's a disaster waiting to happen.  Little Ricky and Bob Casey prove this point. :P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/12/08 at 12:03 pm

Maybe he can pick his nose.

He's probably done that repeatably.

Written By: Tia on 08/12/08 at 12:13 pm

i dont think the original homeland security guy who brought us orange alerts is going to be particularly popular. and if mccain's trying to distance himself from the bush administration, picking someone who used to be in the bush administration doesnt seem like the right way to go.

so in short: yes, mccain, pick ridge! please!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/12/08 at 9:46 pm

He should pick Chuck Hegel.  At least then the media would quit suggesting Obama pick him!
::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/13/08 at 3:19 am

No one who's done time in Harrisburg should be sent to D.C.  It's a disaster waiting to happen.  Little Ricky and Bob Casey prove this point. :P

Don't forget Senator Arlen "One Bullet" Spectre.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/13/08 at 4:34 am

It seems the papers of Gerald Ford are putting a hole in that one

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/13/08 at 6:14 pm

Oh yeah, don't forget about Bush's favorite dweeb.  Congressman Joe Pitts. 8-P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/13/08 at 7:02 pm

It seems the papers of Gerald Ford are putting a hole in that one

Ford's defenders alway point out he was a great athlete in his youth.  So? He still banged his head on the helicoptor doors and he still banged his head on the side of the White House swimming pool!

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/13/08 at 8:03 pm

Ford's defenders alway point out he was a great athlete in his youth.  So? He still banged his head on the helicoptor doors and he still banged his head on the side of the White House swimming pool!

Well at least he wasn't banging the interns.  ;D ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/13/08 at 8:05 pm

Ohhhhhh!

Rimshot: Ba-da Bing! Ba-da Boom!
;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/13/08 at 10:15 pm

That's surprising considering that his wife Betty was so addicted to pain meds she probably wouldn't have a clue.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/15/08 at 12:35 pm

how about Twitt Romney?

http://media-newswire.com/release_1070846.html

On the national front, if John McCain were to select former Gov. Mitt Romney as his running mate, it could be the kiss of death for McCain in Massachusetts.  When asked if voters would be more or less likely to vote for the Republican ticket if Romney were the vice presidential candidate, 33 percent said more likely, while 41 percent said less likely, and 24 percent indicated no difference.  Romney’s presence on the ticket moved voters positively in Western Massachusetts, while voters in every other region of the state said they would be less likely to vote for McCain.

gee, all that talk of how successful Romeny was in Mass. yet most people wouldn't vote for him even as a running mate to McCain.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/15/08 at 8:05 pm

I'm still hoping for Huckabee for the entertainment value!
:P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/16/08 at 12:40 pm

I'm still hoping for Huckabee for the entertainment value!
:P

OK, how about Richardson going up against Huckabee.  8)

Written By: Macphisto on 08/16/08 at 3:07 pm

Ridge doesn't seem very inspiring.  Sarah Palin would be the smartest choice for McCain at this point.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/16/08 at 3:09 pm

Ridge doesn't seem very inspiring.  Sarah Palin would be the smartest choice for McCain at this point.

Especially if Hillary is Obama's running mate.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/19/08 at 3:43 am

Pro-abortion.  No thanks.

McCain will almost certainly pick Romney or Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty.  Politico is reporting that McCain will make his pick in Ohio on August 29th, McCain's 72nd birthday, and the day after Obama formally accepts the democratic nomination for president.

Regardless, I still have my fingers crossed though for Alaska governor Sarah Palin.  85% job approval rating, strongly pro-life, female (bring in those disaffected Hillary Clinton primary voters) and conservative.  She is on McCain's "short list" and submitted formal paperwork to the McCain camp last week; showing she is being strongly considered.  Plus look at her:

http://i33.tinypic.com/v6orp2.jpg

Written By: Zoso on 08/19/08 at 8:11 am

So do you think this Lieberman talk is just that or is there something more to it.

Either way, it's been confirmed we will find out on August 29.

As for Obama, he's supposed to reveal his this week. It'll be Biden.

Written By: Tia on 08/19/08 at 8:14 am

yup, biden's the front-runner. which is cool, i really like him. gaffe-prone, however.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/19/08 at 3:53 pm

yup, biden's the front-runner. which is cool, i really like him. gaffe-prone, however.

Biden's cool, not as much experience a Richard Gephart but he'll give Republicans a run for their money.

How about John Kerry as Obama's running mate?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/19/08 at 5:24 pm

Biden's cool, not as much experience a Richard Gephart but he'll give Republicans a run for their money.

I'll vote for him for senate, but he's got to much baggage for the VP. 

I still say either Hillary or Al Gore, but that's not going to happen.  I think Biden would be a great choice, except Delaware's only got 3 electoral votes.

Written By: Zoso on 08/20/08 at 8:00 am

When I turned on the news and saw them talking about Kerry possibly being Obama's running mate, I got so excited. That'd just be the best. I love Kerry. But like the Obama-Clinton dream ticket, which I'd also just love, I don't think it'll happen. Either Kerry and Clinton would be an absolute dream. But the more realistic contenders are Biden, Bayh and Kaine.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/20/08 at 1:13 pm

I'll vote for him for senate, but he's got to much baggage for the VP. 

I still say either Hillary or Al Gore, but that's not going to happen.  I think Biden would be a great choice, except Delaware's only got 3 electoral votes.

Kerry (according to some won the Presidential election) he may be able to win it for the Dems.  Baggage or not I'm wondering if he would be willing to go through another National election.  The last one took a lot out of him.

Hillary is a long shot, besides she'll never settle for second best.  Guaranteed she'll run in 2012.

I heard Senator Evan Bayh from Indiana was on Obama's shot list.  He's a centralist although he doesn't seem to like the spotlight.

Check for new replies or respond here...