» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Sqeamish?............DONT VIEW THIS

Written By: Dude111 on 08/20/08 at 3:09 am

http://www.youtube.com/v/nKX6luiMINQ

It reveals alot!

Subject: Re: Sqeamish?............DONT VIEW THIS

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/20/08 at 10:57 am

Devastating.

Written By: Davester on 08/20/08 at 7:44 pm

Kinda drives the point home...

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/20/08 at 8:08 pm

God that man makes me sick...... 8-P

Written By: Jessica on 08/21/08 at 10:54 am

God that man makes me sick...... 8-P

Ditto.

That smarmy son of a bitch.

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/21/08 at 2:01 pm

What makes me sick is not the pres. He's toast like I mentioned earlier, what makes me sick is that many people really take this "Freedom of Speech" stuff seriously.

I saw Lieberman laughing at Bush, and maybe we saw our generation's Warren G. Harding.

Harding played cards, drank, had sex with other women, and he let his cronies squander the finances. Harding did a lot in three years that Bush only did in eight.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/21/08 at 2:56 pm

The video does make a point.  Bush has no concept of the collective damage and human lives he's destroyed.

Written By: Bobby on 08/21/08 at 4:54 pm

If this film isn't editing Bush's speech out of context, it gives me further reason to believe patriotism is always used against the very people who believe in it. The casualties of war die for politicians not their country.  :(

Written By: Tia on 08/21/08 at 6:13 pm

yes, that's powerful stuff.

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/22/08 at 10:20 am

If this film isn't editing Bush's speech out of context, it gives me further reason to believe patriotism is always used against the very people who believe in it. The casualties of war die for politicians not their country.  :(

The speech was at the National Press Club gathering, I don't remember when, but it was widely reported.  This isn't the whole thing, but excerpts of his attempt to be funny.  The juxtaposition of images is, as I said, devastating.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/22/08 at 11:28 am

Well said. Karma to you, my friend.

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 08/22/08 at 5:56 pm

The speech was at the National Press Club gathering, I don't remember when, but it was widely reported.  This isn't the whole thing, but excerpts of his attempt to be funny.  The juxtaposition of images is, as I said, devastating.

I don't think I am doubting the integrity of the video, it is what it is but it's cool to know the person who made this wasn't trying to use stuff out of context.  :)

Regardless of the video, my view of politics as always been the same. I have no trust in any politician and the only difference between them is whether they are taking money from me with or without a smile.

Written By: Bobby on 08/22/08 at 5:57 pm

Well said. Karma to you, my friend.

Thank you.

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/23/08 at 4:10 pm

I don't think I am doubting the integrity of the video, it is what it is but it's cool to know the person who made this wasn't trying to use stuff out of context.  :)

Regardless of the video, my view of politics as always been the same. I have no trust in any politician and the only difference between them is whether they are taking money from me with or without a smile.

Freedom has a cost whether it's life, money, or both.

And right now...It's both and the rich Congressmen (Both Democrats and Republicans) are laughing about it.

And as the Tragedy Hamlet...Something's Rotten in America.

Written By: Bobby on 08/24/08 at 12:34 pm

Freedom has a cost whether it's life, money, or both.

And right now...It's both and the rich Congressmen (Both Democrats and Republicans) are laughing about it.

And as the Tragedy Hamlet...Something's Rotten in America.

Yep, freedom does have a cost and that is all the more reason why these smug fools should not be taking both lives and money lightly.

Written By: iquestion on 08/26/08 at 9:59 pm

Probably watching a video of the Houssain massacres would then make you want to blow up their whole country?

That video is so reactionary oriented and I prefer to ask anyone of the soldiers 'viewers' may feel would be insulted.

Soldiers who are fighting for freedom and the like in this particular war have lost lives..when you're dealing with kooks and barbarians that will tape a bomb onto babies backs you can't be sure what to expect other than digout the garbage and snuff them out..that's WAR. That's what this event is..

Soldiers have a different wiring, go to any VA Hospital and talk with ones that may have returned, you may find 'how' they view the overall experience.

The message/video poster may have their points and made them known..I am doing the same from what I take in from the situation we are dealing with...

The upcoming administration has to deal with the possibility of Osama havingother motives to come..what plan is Obama offering..withdraw? And the goons that follow us back to our country which we would welcome thanks to no profiling and free upcoming licenses,etc..?

Written By: Tia on 08/27/08 at 6:48 am

Probably watching a video of the Houssain massacres would then make you want to blow up their whole country?

are you talking about the massacres that hussein committed with the explicit backing and support of the reagan administration? i wanna make sure i'm clear on this.

http://www.peterwerbe.com/rumsfeld_saddam.jpg

d'oh!

Written By: danootaandme on 08/27/08 at 6:59 am

Soldiers who are fighting for freedom and the like in this particular war have lost lives..when you're dealing with kooks and barbarians that will tape a bomb onto babies backs you can't be sure what to expect other than digout the garbage and snuff them out..that's WAR. That's what this event is..

I think you better slow up a bit on this stuff.

http://iris.nyit.edu/~tcappell/kool-aid.gif

Written By: Tia on 08/27/08 at 7:00 am

meh, it's cool. i like having someone to argue with.

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/27/08 at 12:23 pm

Tell that to Jim Jones.

Written By: iquestion on 08/27/08 at 1:24 pm

are you talking about the massacres that hussein committed with the explicit backing and support of the reagan administration? i wanna make sure i'm clear on this.

http://www.peterwerbe.com/rumsfeld_saddam.jpg

d'oh!

Maybe the more recent massacres,where they found still decomposing bodies in mass graves,-I think Reagan was long gone, and didn't we HATE Russia and teach our kids in school how BAD the Communists were and those dirty JAPS have to be put away in camps?

Written By: Tia on 08/27/08 at 1:36 pm

Maybe the more recent massacres,where they found still decomposing bodies in mass graves,-I think Reagan was long gone, and didn't we HATE Russia and teach our kids in school how BAD the Communists were and those dirty JAPS have to be put away in camps?

yes, but you're missing my point. you can't be selective about which massacres you choose to be outraged by and still pretend that your outrage is driven by a shocked conscience. it comes off as cynical.

if there's one thing that's flagrantly obvious, it's that the republicans did NOT invade iraq in order to put a stop to hussein's violence. that was simply presented as an excuse for the public when the WMDs didn't materialize.

really, let's get serious. the republicans invaded iraq because we're on the verge of a new era of deep supply-demand instability in oil markets as the cheap oil runs out, and at the same time we lost our bases in saudi arabia and the republicans wanted to maintain a foothold in the middle east. plus they wanted to seize and privatize iraq's oil supplies and deplete the military's weaponry in order to provide fat contracts for their campain contributors and fellow stakeholders in the defense industry.

it's about money and power. duh.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/27/08 at 2:37 pm

Rummie never concerned himself with the moral or ethical issues of global politics.  He's a hardcore neo-con.  Human life is neither here or there.

The Cold War mentality was alive and well long after Reagan was gone.  BTW, who helped put Saddam in power???

Written By: iquestion on 08/27/08 at 9:20 pm

Rummie never concerned himself with the moral or ethical issues of global politics.  He's a hardcore neo-con.  Human life is neither here or there.

The Cold War mentality was alive and well long after Reagan was gone.  BTW, who helped put Saddam in power???

Are we to keep appointed/assisted leaders on leashes now?
Going up a level, who knew the little wimp Hitler had a plan to rule the world? Why didn't anyone stop him? People will be people...no one spoke up....

Written By: iquestion on 08/27/08 at 9:27 pm

Listening to those who did the research before they spokeis following someone blindly?

I thought it's been on the record that people are JOINING the military with the knowledge they would be part of this war...So by looking at the numbers and hearing the vets speak makes the talking heads foolishly leading others?

I doubt it. And no one told me to say that. I BELIEVE due to words coming out of the mouths of the people serving AND many constantly re-upping for duty...
Wearing earplugs can be just as misleading as blinders.

Written By: Dude111 on 08/28/08 at 12:00 am

The video does make a point.  Bush has no concept of the collective damage and human lives he's destroyed.No he doesnt,he is a menace to the whole world!!

Written By: danootaandme on 08/28/08 at 4:44 am

Listening to those who did the research before they spokeis following someone blindly?

I thought it's been on the record that people are JOINING the military with the knowledge they would be part of this war...So by looking at the numbers and hearing the vets speak makes the talking heads foolishly leading others?

I doubt it. And no one told me to say that. I BELIEVE due to words coming out of the mouths of the people serving AND many constantly re-upping for duty...
Wearing earplugs can be just as misleading as blinders.

People joining and/or reupping in the military is not a sign that any war is a just one. Turning a deaf ear to the facts can be as misleading as closing your eyes to the facts.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/28/08 at 12:29 pm

Are we to keep appointed/assisted leaders on leashes now?
Going up a level, who knew the little wimp Hitler had a plan to rule the world? Why didn't anyone stop him? People will be people...no one spoke up....

If we've learned anything from history we need to.

People did try and stop Hitler, he had them executed for it too.  People also tried to stop Pol Pot and ended up paying for it with their lives.  Just because a person is not stopped does not mean that people just stood back and let it happen.

Written By: iquestion on 08/28/08 at 1:58 pm

People joining and/or reupping in the military is not a sign that any war is a just one. Turning a deaf ear to the facts can be as misleading as closing your eyes to the facts.

Wouldn't NOT reupping be the biggest effect and slap in the face of the military?

If there are so many behind the protests and they are military qualified..and they DON'T support the military-whether it is because of the war ethics or 'let's not but in to other countries..they certainly will be in a scramble and maybe have to resort to reinstating the draft,,
How many soldiers or former soldiers do we see on the protest line?
We are seeing relatives of war dead who disagree with the efforts..is there a speaker the protestors can designate to give the 'true soldiers' feeling on this...

That's one way of basing the effects/feelings on those involved.
Or is someone suppressing tose who really have something to say? THAT would be turning a deaf ear to the complaints.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/28/08 at 2:16 pm

Wouldn't NOT reupping be the biggest effect and slap in the face of the military?

If there are so many behind the protests and they are military qualified..and they DON'T support the military-whether it is because of the war ethics or 'let's not but in to other countries..they certainly will be in a scramble and maybe have to resort to reinstating the draft,,
How many soldiers or former soldiers do we see on the protest line?
We are seeing relatives of war dead who disagree with the efforts..is there a speaker the protestors can designate to give the 'true soldiers' feeling on this...

That's one way of basing the effects/feelings on those involved.
Or is someone suppressing tose who really have something to say? THAT would be turning a deaf ear to the complaints.

The problem the military is having now is keeping people in, that is why so many have had there tours extended, against their wishes.  More people are getting out than are signing up, or staying in, this still doesn't speak to the justification of the war. 

Written By: iquestion on 08/28/08 at 9:34 pm

The problem the military is having now is keeping people in, that is why so many have had there tours extended, against their wishes.  More people are getting out than are signing up, or staying in, this still doesn't speak to the justification of the war. 

Well,I forgot, when you sign up to a company that you know literally takes away your democracy, you might have to stay a little longer if they need you, and you don't have a say speaks for the person who signs up to begin with?

'Justifying' the war(I agree) is a different issue... 'no war or we don't join' would get the message across if they have a problem with the reason.
If someone voluntarily is signing up, knowing they will most likely be sent to the war..that's not really saying I don't believe in this...

Check for new replies or respond here...