» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Hell just froze over.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/22/08 at 5:11 pm

(from huffingtonpost.com)

Toby Keith Praises Obama, Says He's A Democrat

LOS ANGELES — Barack Obama is getting praise from Nashville, courtesy of one big, patriotic country star.

Toby Keith, perhaps best known to non-country audiences for his post-Sept. 11 song "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue," says he's a Democrat, and was impressed by the senator from Illinois.

Keith has said in the past that the 2002 song _ which included lines aimed at the Taliban like "we lit up your world like the Fourth of July" _ was more patriotic than pro-war.

Asked while promoting his new movie "Beer For My Horses" about the role of patriotism in the current presidential election, Keith replied: "There's a big part of America that really believes that there is a war on terrorism, and that we need to finish up.

"So I thought it was beautiful the other day when Obama went to Afghanistan and got educated about Afghanistan and Iraq. He came back and said some really nice things.

"So as far as leadership and patriotism goes, I think it's really important that those things have to take place. And I think he's the best Democratic candidate we've had since Bill Clinton. And that's coming from a Democrat."

Subject: Re: Hell just froze over.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/22/08 at 5:39 pm

Toby's obnoxious but he ain't dumb.  He sees the writing on the wall.  That's why the Republicans will have to be entertained by Styx and and the surviving Beach Boys and, if you're going to the Tom DeLay McCain fundraiser, Smashmouth!
:P

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/22/08 at 5:49 pm

Toby's obnoxious but he ain't dumb.  He sees the writing on the wall.  That's why the Republicans will have to be entertained by Styx and and the surviving Beach Boys and, if you're going to the Tom DeLay McCain fundraiser, Smashmouth!

I just wonder what the ChicksWithDicks Dixie Chicks will have to say about all this.  :o :o :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/23/08 at 1:59 pm

Styx? Oh man, I LOVE Styx. Of course during the RNC convention, they can always raise some money by conducting tours of Larry Criag's bathroom stall at the airport.

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/23/08 at 3:34 pm

I just wonder what the ChicksWithDicks Dixie Chicks will have to say about all this.  :o :o :o

Probably ticked because they lost their soap box.

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/23/08 at 9:18 pm

Styx? Oh man, I LOVE Styx. Of course during the RNC convention, they can always raise some money by conducting tours of Larry Criag's bathroom stall at the airport.

Cat

Skunk Baxter of the Doobie Brothers is a Republican as well. (He's not as outspoken as Ted Nugent, but he's a G.O.P. guy.)

BTW-Check this out. http://www.thearkansasproject.com/republican-rock-stars/

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/23/08 at 11:14 pm

Skunk Baxter of the Doobie Brothers is a Republican as well. (He's not as outspoken as Ted Nugent, but he's a G.O.P. guy.)

Aside from "Skunk Baxter" sounding like the name of Arkansas moonshiner, he was in a band named essentially "the fraternity of marijuana cigarettes." 

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/24/08 at 11:05 am

Aside from "Skunk Baxter" sounding like the name of Arkansas moonshiner, he was in a band named essentially "the fraternity of marijuana cigarettes." 

Before that, he was in Steely Dan. Which came from the Book "Naked Lunch".

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/25/08 at 12:09 am

Before that, he was in Steely Dan. Which came from the Book "Naked Lunch".

And Dan was not a man with a steely demeanor; Steely Dan was a dildo!

Check for new replies or respond here...