» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Confirmed: Obama-Biden '08

Written By: Zoso on 08/23/08 at 12:06 am

It was first revealed by AP, now being reported by all major news outlets, Joe Biden is Obama's VP candidate.

http://blogs.chron.com/cragghines/obamadebate.jpg

Subject: Re: Confirmed: Obama-Biden '08

Written By: Davester on 08/23/08 at 12:39 am

Foreign policy guy.  Check... 

Biden was an outspoken critic of Hillary. I wonder if the Hillary base will fall in line behind Obama...

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/23/08 at 1:35 am

Obama F-ed up on this one.  He shoulda picked Evan Bayh, who would have more bipartisan appeal.  He kicked butt as gov of Indiana.

Written By: Zoso on 08/23/08 at 2:07 am

Obama F-ed up on this one.  He shoulda picked Evan Bayh, who would have more bipartisan appeal.  He kicked butt as gov of Indiana.

While he's a good governor, Evan Bayh is just too boring to be the running mate of the most charismatic and exciting presidential candidate since Clinton. He's also too nice. I think one of the big reasons why Biden was chosen is because he could take on the Republicans aggressively.

Written By: nally on 08/23/08 at 2:08 am

I've actually never heard of Joe Biden until now. i hope it works out....

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/23/08 at 2:59 am

did anyone get a text message from Obama?  ::)

Written By: danootaandme on 08/23/08 at 6:47 am

From what I have seen of Biden on Stephanopoulos and what I have read about him he is a good catch.  His talk seems straight on and he has foreign policy experience, crafted a bill in regards to violence against women, and is set up for the Catholic vote which can still be a major play.  He has a son in the military, that will help. 

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/23/08 at 8:17 am

"I think he can be ready but right now, I don’t believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training."

-Joe Biden on Barack Obama, 2007

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/23/08 at 8:44 am

"I think he can be ready but right now, I don’t believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training."

-Joe Biden on Barack Obama, 2007

please, even my wife remembers a better quote than that for the neocons to begin parroting

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

aside from his verbal gaffs... he's a very strong candidate and a good pick. 

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/23/08 at 9:25 am

Whooo....Hooooo Yipee off to The White House we Go!!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/23/08 at 2:10 pm

I find it very interesting how Repubs do not like this pick-why? Because it is a GOOD one. They wanted Obama to go with Hillary because Hillary has more baggage than American Airlines that they could use as ammo against Obama. I found one article with the AP no less that said "The candidate of change went with the status quo." I beg to differ. The status quo would have been Hillary. 

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/23/08 at 3:23 pm

Bayh or Richardson.  Either one. :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/23/08 at 3:24 pm

Whooo....Hooooo Yipee off to The White House we Go!!!!

Not sure if McCain can find anyone who can go up against Biden.  The fun is just beginning. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/23/08 at 3:26 pm

Bayh or Richardson.  Either one. :)

I thought Bill Richardson but the more & more that I thought about it, I think he would be an outstanding choice for Sec. of State-which is why I didn't want him to pick Richardson for V.P.

Cat

Written By: sonikuu on 08/23/08 at 3:35 pm

Joe Biden was my number three pick among the Democrats, so I'm pretty pleased with this.  Biden is a very experienced politician, so he should hopefully counter those "Obama is inexperienced" charges.  As anyone who watched the Obama-Biden event earlier today can see, Biden will make a good attack dog and will easily be able to go after and criticize McCain.

I hear a lot of people talking about McCain picking Romney.  Romney reminds me of a slick car salesman and his positions are completely incompatible with mine, thus giving me more reason to vote for Obama.  Either way, Biden will be sure to kick his ass in the vice presidential debate.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/23/08 at 4:27 pm

Biden, working class who made good, son in the military, married 31 years, wife is a teacher at a community college, commutes to work on the train,  oooh babybaby.

www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/23/08 at 5:28 pm

of course aside from the gaffes, sometimes he hits the nail on the head

Joe Biden: "Rudy Giuliani. There’s only three things he mentions in a sentence — a noun, a verb, and 9/11"
http://www.prosebeforehos.com/quote-of-the-day/08/23/what-no-modifiers/

I like him the more I hear him.  I like him a lot better than "impeachment off the table" Harry Reid.

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/23/08 at 6:10 pm

Not sure if McCain can find anyone who can go up against Biden.  The fun is just beginning. :)

I do have to agree with you it has been a very interesting campaign for a change.
As for McCain, I hope the American people are smarter than that. We shall have to wait and see.
Hil must be pissed though........Ya think? ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/23/08 at 7:05 pm

Fun is right.  Biden has a rather long standing habit of shooting his foot with his mouth.

As for Hillary running as VP, sure lots of Repubs woulda liked that, but nobody ever said that Obama is stupid... that would have been the worst possible choice he coulda made.

Will be interesting to see how Hillary works to support Obama.  This morning the Obama officials would not even admit that they even considered Hillary for VP... a fair-sized diss in my opinion.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/23/08 at 7:19 pm

I thought Bill Richardson but the more & more that I thought about it, I think he would be an outstanding choice for Sec. of State-which is why I didn't want him to pick Richardson for V.P.

Cat

He's more than qualified to be Secretary of State.  After all he was U.S. ambassador to the U.N.  and he had a cabinet position in the Clinton administration.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/23/08 at 7:21 pm

Fun is right.  Biden has a rather long standing habit of shooting his foot with his mouth.

As for Hillary running as VP, sure lots of Repubs woulda liked that, but nobody ever said that Obama is stupid... that would have been the worst possible choice he coulda made.

Will be interesting to see how Hillary works to support Obama.  This morning the Obama officials would not even admit that they even considered Hillary for VP... a fair-sized diss in my opinion.

At least we won't fall asleep during debates.  Don't worry to much about Hillary, she's already thinking about 2012.

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/23/08 at 9:21 pm

No surprise, really.

I'm STILL voting for Obama, but I'm going to find out who the Speaker of the House representatives are because that's where I'm going Republican.

Written By: iquestion on 08/23/08 at 9:34 pm

Not caring who is on which side as I care about neither but:

1. Does anyone remember when Biden was in the race and he said how Obama was inexperienced to be President?
    (Hmmm....Is that a different tune I hear already?)

2. Anyone else hear of the lawyer who is looking into whether Obama can 'legally' be President as the Constitution states 'only natural born citizen or citizen of the United States
    can be President'?
    (Wonder why Hillary didn't bring it up to get the 'edge'-unless the way Obama was born is considered as natural/or a US citizen...? Will someone find something that applies to
      derail his train or will they look the other way?)

Just Asking, because iquestion :-\\

Written By: Jessica on 08/23/08 at 10:54 pm

Not caring who is on which side as I care about neither but:

1. Does anyone remember when Biden was in the race and he said how Obama was inexperienced to be President?
    (Hmmm....Is that a different tune I hear already?)

2. Anyone else hear of the lawyer who is looking into whether Obama can 'legally' be President as the Constitution states 'only natural born citizen or citizen of the United States
    can be President'?
    (Wonder why Hillary didn't bring it up to get the 'edge'-unless the way Obama was born is considered as natural/or a US citizen...? Will someone find something that applies to
      derail his train or will they look the other way?)

Just Asking, because iquestion :-\\

Your second question has already been debunked by Snopes, although it is undetermined if McCain can run due to his being born in Panama.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/23/08 at 11:11 pm

please, even my wife remembers a better quote than that for the neocons to begin parroting

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

aside from his verbal gaffs... he's a very strong candidate and a good pick. 

And, unfortunately for the GOP, the American people are to p.o.'d and nervous for them to make Biden's verbal gaffs a basis for character assassination. 

I don't agree with a bunch of things Biden has done, but I do think he is a smart choice for Obama for the reasons Danoota pointed out. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/23/08 at 11:32 pm

And, unfortunately for the GOP, the American people are to p.o.'d and nervous for them to make Biden's verbal gaffs a basis for character assassination. 

more like McCain's... he's had plenty of them lately.

Written By: iquestion on 08/24/08 at 12:18 am

Your second question has already been debunked by Snopes, although it is undetermined if McCain can run due to his being born in Panama.

Living up to my name:

Who does snopes use as a 'debunker'?

I checked it out and they seem to have the basic 'steps' of the Obama family.

The legal steps that are being taken are by Phillip J. Berg(lawyer?), who invested his time to find:

Obama was born in Kenya and then a week later flown back to Hawaii where a certificate of live birth was filed (view certificate). Berg claims the birth record initially posted on the Obama campaign website is a forgery based on his half-sister's certificate. Berg also noted that Obama would have lost any American citizenship status he had when he moved to Indonesia with his mother and was adopted by his step-father.

Berg presented other arguments to support his case, but believes the Republican party has even more evidence and will use it to discredit Obama after he receives the Democratic nomination. Berg said journalist Wayne Madsen published an article about a GOP research team that was sent to Kenya and has located a certificate registering the birth of a boy named "Barack Obama, Jr." to his father, a Kenyan citizen and his mother, a U.S. citizen.

SNOPES makes no reference to their source..but...I could be wrong?

Written By: Jessica on 08/24/08 at 12:34 am

Living up to my name:

The legal steps that are being taken are by Phillip J. Berg(lawyer?), who invested his time to find:

Obama was born in Kenya and then a week later flown back to Hawaii where a certificate of live birth was filed (view certificate). Berg claims the birth record initially posted on the Obama campaign website is a forgery based on his half-sister's certificate. Berg also noted that Obama would have lost any American citizenship status he had when he moved to Indonesia with his mother and was adopted by his step-father.

Berg presented other arguments to support his case, but believes the Republican party has even more evidence and will use it to discredit Obama after he receives the Democratic nomination. Berg said journalist Wayne Madsen published an article about a GOP research team that was sent to Kenya and has located a certificate registering the birth of a boy named "Barack Obama, Jr." to his father, a Kenyan citizen and his mother, a U.S. citizen.

The sources are listed at the bottom, along with a link to his birth certificate from the state of Hawaii.

*ETA*  I just caught something about Mr. Berg being a Hillary supporter.  One wonders if this is nothing more than a case of sour grapes on his part because Hillary didn't get the nomination.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/24/08 at 12:49 am

Biden = attack horse.  Good call.  I would've gone for Tim Kaine meself, but what do I know :D

Written By: iquestion on 08/24/08 at 1:11 am

The sources are listed at the bottom, along with a link to his birth certificate from the state of Hawaii.

*ETA*  I just caught something about Mr. Berg being a Hillary supporter.  One wonders if this is nothing more than a case of sour grapes on his part because Hillary didn't get the nomination.

Well, not sure what the reason behind the lawsuit is but the quotes on the snopes article sounds like a research student who quoted from:
A. The Hoover situation-pointing out how Hoover travelled abroad but still qualified.
    (not applicable but used as an example of  possible questions of his qualifying)

B.Heritage Guide to Constitution-siting what the Constitution says regarding qualifying for nomination/office
  (this is can be used IF anyone questions his American origins)           

C. Words to Live by-Guide to Constitution- used to pick apart words that can be misconstrued as to what a citizen is.

Mr. Berg's investigation is covering whether the Birth Certificate provided IS Obama's and not his sisters covered over, and bringing up possible evidence of 
Obama's birth elsewhere...

I guess I will leave with the question:

WILL THIS BE THE ANTICIPATED OCTOBER SURPRISE?

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/24/08 at 6:35 am

Living up to my name:

Obama's mother was an American citizen and so it does not matter WHERE he was born.  As the natural born child of an American citizen he, too, is an an American citizen by birth.  Regardless of what may or may not have been done to his birth cert, and no matter where he did or did not grow up.

McCain was born in the Panama Canal zone, but he is an American citizen because his mother and father were too.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/24/08 at 6:41 am

McCain was born in the Panama Canal zone, but he is an American citizen because his mother and father were too.

Which is why the far right will have to come up with something else

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/24/08 at 8:32 am

He's so old he might as well have built the canal :D

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/24/08 at 8:41 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/laughing.gif

Good One

Written By: Jessica on 08/24/08 at 8:52 am

Nope.  LyricBoy covered what I forgot to mention.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/24/08 at 1:17 pm

Well, not sure what the reason behind the lawsuit is but the quotes on the snopes article sounds like a research student who quoted from:
A. The Hoover situation-pointing out how Hoover travelled abroad but still qualified.
    (not applicable but used as an example of  possible questions of his qualifying)

B.Heritage Guide to Constitution-siting what the Constitution says regarding qualifying for nomination/office
  (this is can be used IF anyone questions his American origins)           

C. Words to Live by-Guide to Constitution- used to pick apart words that can be misconstrued as to what a citizen is.

Mr. Berg's investigation is covering whether the Birth Certificate provided IS Obama's and not his sisters covered over, and bringing up possible evidence of 
Obama's birth elsewhere...

I guess I will leave with the question:

If what you're stating is fact he wouldn't have even been allowed to run in the Primary.  Therefore I would think that his nomination is legal.  BTW, it's pretty easy to fake a birth certificate.  Anyone from the Clinton campaign has motive to try and derail his run for Presidency.

Written By: iquestion on 08/24/08 at 4:11 pm

If what you're stating is fact he wouldn't have even been allowed to run in the Primary.  Therefore I would think that his nomination is legal.  BTW, it's pretty easy to fake a birth certificate.  Anyone from the Clinton campaign has motive to try and derail his run for Presidency.

You would think someone would have checked first?

If the investigator digs up ??? to support the claim, I look forward to more discussion.
He is putting his reputation on the line coming out and shaking this up.. better be enough to prove his claims. Not sure if he addressed readers claims that Obama is legit, based on his mother-they were working on figuring her age when she had him and where?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/24/08 at 4:30 pm

If the investigator digs up ??? to support the claim, I look forward to more discussion.
He is putting his reputation on the line coming out and shaking this up.. better be enough to prove his claims. Not sure if he addressed readers claims that Obama is legit, based on his mother-they were working on figuring her age when she had him and where?

The far right is trying to come up with anything because he scares the bejesus out of them. You have a book which just came out that is riddled with lies from a discredited author but that doesn't stop the book from being published. There are so many lies about the man and even as they are proven to be false, people still cling to them.  I am truly amazed at how many people believe he is/was a Muslim even as they fault him for being associated with Rev. Wright. Of course if he were an Muslim, what difference would it make? But that is another issue altogether. Now, they are claiming that he may not be an American citizen. Unreal. I think the funniest one has to be that they try to label him an elitist when his opponent can't remember how many houses he has. 

Cat

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/24/08 at 4:57 pm

Just read an article about how McCain's campaign is criticizing Obama for passing up Clinton as his running mate...would this inadvertently force McCain to choose Romney as his running mate then?

Written By: Jessica on 08/24/08 at 6:25 pm

Which was already covered in the Snopes link.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/24/08 at 7:14 pm

2. Anyone else hear of the lawyer who is looking into whether Obama can 'legally' be President as the Constitution states 'only natural born citizen or citizen of the United States can be President'?

There's no "or".  You have to be a NATURAL BORN citizen of the USA to be President.  Which Obama is.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is NOT a natural born citizen and so he is not permitted to run for President.

The only oddball exception to all of this is if somebody were to run for President who was born in, say, Hawaii before Hawaii was granted statheood.  In that case the person is considered a natural born citizen.  The courts decided that way back when, when Barry Goldwater (who was born in Arizona before Statheood) ran for Prez.

In any event, Obama is indisputably a natural born citizen because his Mum was an American citizen.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/25/08 at 12:07 am

There's no "or".  You have to be a NATURAL BORN citizen of the USA to be President.  Which Obama is.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is NOT a natural born citizen and so he is not permitted to run for President.

The only oddball exception to all of this is if somebody were to run for President who was born in, say, Hawaii before Hawaii was granted statheood.  In that case the person is considered a natural born citizen.  The courts decided that way back when, when Barry Goldwater (who was born in Arizona before Statheood) ran for Prez.

In 1959, Hawaii was the last territory to be granted statheood.  Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961.

The oddball exceptions also include, I think, the children of American citizens who were born on U.S. military bases. 

Written By: iquestion on 08/25/08 at 1:44 am

In any event, Obama is indisputably a natural born citizen because his Mum was an American citizen.

Have you actually looked up  US Constitutiion?

Part of the site I went to was:
www.law.cornell.edu/constitution

Which includes the WORDING:
'No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.'

Unless you were condensing its meaning?

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/25/08 at 5:30 am

Have you actually looked up  US Constitutiion?

Part of the site I went to was:
www.law.cornell.edu/constitution

Which includes the WORDING:
'No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.'

Unless you were condensing its meaning?

Indeed I was condensing, because I assume that there is nobody left alive who was a citizen of the United States at the time the Constitution was adopted.

It is well established law, all the way up to the Supreme Court, that a NATURAL BORN citizen is the only kind allowed to be POTUS.

Now there is some interesting case law as to citizenship inherited from one's parents.  In Weedin v. Chin Bow, a decision from way back in 1927, a child born outside the U.S. cannot claim U.S. citizenship by birth through a U.S. citizen parent who had never lived in the U.S. prior to the child's birth.  However this is NOT the case with Obama since his Mum was an American citizen at the time of his birth and had previously resided in the U S of A.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/25/08 at 6:52 am

Why?  This is swift boat drivel

Written By: Tia on 08/25/08 at 10:33 am

i heard that obama is a secret muslim member of the weather underground who will take the oath of office on a "To Serve Man" cookbook instead of the Holy Bible, and is right now, even as we speak, converting old NASCAR tracks and WalMarts into detention camps for when he starts rounding up all the white people starting his first day in the white house. when the investigator digs up evidence to support this claim, i look forward to more discussion.

Written By: Tia on 08/25/08 at 10:39 am

oh, and he's a baby eater. i mean it, he literally eats babies. i have it on film, but i wont release it until october.

Written By: Tia on 08/25/08 at 10:40 am

oh, and P.S.: McCain was a POW! McCain was a POW! McCain was a POW!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/25/08 at 11:32 am

In 1959, Hawaii was the last territory to be granted statheood.  Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961.

The oddball exceptions also include, I think, the children of American citizens who were born on U.S. military bases. 

Like John McCain.

i heard that obama is a secret muslim member of the weather underground who will take the oath of office on a "To Serve Man" cookbook instead of the Holy Bible, and is right now, even as we speak, converting old NASCAR tracks and WalMarts into detention camps for when he starts rounding up all the white people starting his first day in the white house. when the investigator digs up evidence to support this claim, i look forward to more discussion.

Too funny-but you might want to be careful. I'm sure there are some people who will actually believe that.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 08/25/08 at 11:47 am

Too funny-but you might want to be careful. I'm sure there are some people who will actually believe that.

Cat
obama's also a lizard from outer space in human skin. and he hates christmas.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/25/08 at 12:22 pm

obama's also a lizard from outer space in human skin. and he hates christmas.

Obama's a disguised homoerotic Islamosaurus from Terrorist Island and he likes arugula in his salads!!!!
:o

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/25/08 at 12:55 pm

A Democrat cannibal who's into turning staples of modern southern life into torture facilities.  On some psychotic level I see no problem with that.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/25/08 at 12:57 pm

oh, and he's a baby eater. i mean it, he literally eats babies. i have it on film, but i wont release it until october.

You have film footage of his fourth of July barbecue? :o

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/25/08 at 1:11 pm

Like John McCain.

Cat

No way people aren't that ignorant or biased are they? I'm moving to Canada if McCain  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/boid.gifgets in thats it. I like the weather better there anyway!!!!!

Written By: Tia on 08/25/08 at 1:16 pm

No way people aren't that ignorant or biased are they? I'm moving to Canada if McCain  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/boid.gifgets in thats it. I like the weather better there anyway!!!!!
i actually used those jokes and tried to do a little gag on youtube where i was acting like a crazy white supremacist, sorta stephen colbert style, warning people about obama, but so many people took it seriously i had to take the video down.  :(

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/25/08 at 1:20 pm

i actually used those jokes and tried to do a little gag on youtube where i was acting like a crazy white supremacist, sorta stephen colbert style, warning people about obama, but so many people took it seriously i had to take the video down.  :(

People can be such tools sometines no make that about 75% of the time.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/25/08 at 2:20 pm

When Dubya "won" in 2004, I half joked to former board member (  :\'( ) who is from Canada, "Can Carlos & I move in with you?" She said, "Sure."  :D ;D ;D  Like I said, we half joked about it-but the other half was seriously contemplating the idea. Then it hit us that THIS is our home and we are going fight tooth & nail for it! (Which makes us Patriots despite the fact that Dubya thinks "Either you are with us, or you are a terrorist"  ::) . )

Cat

Written By: Tia on 08/25/08 at 3:22 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00678/michelle-obama_678374c.jpg

TERRORIST FIST JAB! OMG! TERRORIST FIST JAB! OMGOMGOMG!

Written By: iquestion on 08/25/08 at 3:24 pm

Why?  This is swift boat drivel

Wouldn't it be a big scandal if something was missed by so many caught up in the process and HE has it right?

If they find Obama ison the up and up, the guy then becomes another insect that runs back into the woodwork..(speaking of which, did that other lawyer who challenged the  name GOD inserted in the Pledge of Allegience ever crawl back under a rock after all those interviews he gave which he vehemently protested to the courts. The reason he got that far was, he used his son as a 'victim'?...Bottom line they kept it in..not sure if he's still fighting it?)

I thought he was one who yelled and claimed his point was right on, yet no one budged.

Then again there are the ones who were thrown in jail after claiming no one has to pay taxes, and acted on it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/25/08 at 3:35 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00678/michelle-obama_678374c.jpg

Karma for keeping me laughing.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 08/25/08 at 3:55 pm

Wouldn't it be a big scandal if something was missed by so many caught up in the process and HE has it right?

well, yeah, but it would also be a big scandal if it turned out obama actually had sex with that fugly guy who failed that polygraph, or if it turned out mccain really did rat out his fellow POWs for cigarettes and then turned around and obstructed the POW/MIA movement after he came home because he was afraid if they found some of those missing POWs, they'd spill the beans about mccain's REAL conduct in the hanoi hilton. it would be interesting if the planes that hit the world trade center on 9/11 were actually CGI special effects and all the supposed victims of 9/11 were actually being kept in a secret bunker in Dulce, New Mexico to keep them from talking.

there's all sorts of silly theories and accusations out there, and it would be interesting if they were true, but very few of them actually are.

Written By: gibbo on 08/25/08 at 4:25 pm

Amusing.. ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/25/08 at 5:13 pm

Wonder Twin powers...activate!

Written By: danootaandme on 08/25/08 at 5:49 pm

speaking of which, did that other lawyer who challenged the  name GOD inserted in the Pledge of Allegience ever crawl back under a rock after all those interviews he gave which he vehemently protested to the courts.

I never say the god in the pledge.  It wasn't written that way, I say it the way it was written, and pledged, for 62 years before Eisenhower changed it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/25/08 at 6:12 pm

I never say the god in the pledge.  It wasn't written that way, I say it the way it was written, and pledged, for 62 years before Eisenhower changed it.

I heard (haven't really done much research to confirm or not whether it be true) that the pledge was originally written as an ad slogan to sell flags. Also the original salute was basically the Nazi salute. Heil! 

Cat

Written By: Step-chan on 08/25/08 at 7:27 pm

;D

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/25/08 at 7:42 pm

HeeeHee ;D ;D ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/25/08 at 11:22 pm

I want to change it to "One nation under the bed."
:-\\

Written By: iquestion on 08/26/08 at 1:09 am

Did I miss something?

Saw the Dems at the convention and newsclips of Hillary first what I thought I saw her lips move and saying something good about McCain THEN she is seen saying I'm Hillary Clinton and I DO NOT endorse that message...It must be her sister the Hillary Clinton from the West??

Written By: Jessica on 08/26/08 at 10:13 am

I want to change it to "One nation under the bed."
:-\\

Nooooo......"one nation under a groove".

FUNK!

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/26/08 at 1:12 pm

I heard (haven't really done much research to confirm or not whether it be true) that the pledge was originally written as an ad slogan to sell flags. Also the original salute was basically the Nazi salute. Heil! 

Cat

Now I know why it changed.

Also, the Klan's salute is similar to the Nazi Salute. (IMO-The Klan are similar to Nazis.)

Written By: iquestion on 08/26/08 at 4:41 pm

The question to myself is now McCain or Obama? I have to say NEITHER..I am not happy with the immigration issue for one...McCain is hiding the fact that he will be working from day one to give amnesty,...and Obama ISN'T hiding the fact he will approve giving illegals driver licenses..
He wants them for more party supporters and it looks bad all around...

Why doesn't he just go there and live?

Written By: danootaandme on 08/26/08 at 5:15 pm

Why doesn't he just go there and live?

Why should he

Written By: Tia on 08/26/08 at 6:09 pm

Why should he
and where's "there"? that strange, mysterious and vaguely menacing place we americans like to call "the rest of the world"?

Written By: Jessica on 08/26/08 at 6:22 pm

and where's "there"? that strange, mysterious and vaguely menacing place we americans like to call "the rest of the world"?

Oh God, not that! :o

Written By: Tia on 08/26/08 at 6:34 pm

Oh God, not that! :o
i think iz linked to this a few months ago but it's funny enough to bear repeating.

http://www.ilmatar.net/~np/hate/america.gif

whenever somebody starts railing vaguely about immigration i always think of this. no! you must not cross the border! the dragons!

Written By: iquestion on 08/26/08 at 9:41 pm

I'm sure the citizens  'from places' that have the majority of illegals coming to this country that benefit from Obamas AND McCains offerings would love to have them as their guest..he'll have numerous places to call home..with their, 'sneak into America and I will give thee a break' attitude...? Need anything else, just ask US?

Written By: Tia on 08/26/08 at 9:47 pm

I'm sure the citizens  'from places' that have the majority of illegals coming to this country that benefit from Obamas AND McCains offerings would love to have them as their guest..he'll have numerous places to call home..with their, 'sneak into America and I will give thee a break' attitude...? Need anything else, just ask US?
saver, right? i can't believe it took me this long. :-[

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/26/08 at 10:42 pm

Either that or a darn good impersonation!
:D

Written By: iquestion on 08/26/08 at 10:46 pm

:-\\?

Written By: danootaandme on 08/27/08 at 6:19 am

True colors shining through

Written By: Tia on 08/27/08 at 10:44 am

ironically that faux map of how america sees the world uses british spelling. isn't it ironic?

Check for new replies or respond here...