» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Michelle Hit a Homer

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/26/08 at 9:49 am

As far as I'm concerned, Michelle Obama did a fantastic job last night.  A terrific speech.  So in 8 years we can go with a woman as POTUS, Michelle Obama.

Subject: Re: Michelle Hit a Homer

Written By: Tia on 08/26/08 at 9:53 am

i didn't see it but i've always liked her. it's odd that my first impulse is to go to newsmax or nat rev online and see what the right wingers are complaining about about it.

i have to admit i'm somewhat amused at the right's effort to resurrect the clinton division. i just dont think it's really there anymore but the washington times was bloviating this morning about how clinton voters are all disaffected, and might vote for mccain and go all pro-life. ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 08/26/08 at 10:00 am

Her speech was excellent.  I really like her.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/26/08 at 11:03 am

i didn't see it but i've always liked her. it's odd that my first impulse is to go to newsmax or nat rev online and see what the right wingers are complaining about about it.

i have to admit i'm somewhat amused at the right's effort to resurrect the clinton division. i just dont think it's really there anymore but the washington times was bloviating this morning about how clinton voters are all disaffected, and might vote for mccain and go all pro-life. ::)

You really should watch the speech. She really gave a zinger when she mentioned Hillary & her supporters "put cracks in the glass ceiling".  I'm sure that won over a whole bunch of the "Beverly Hillary-billies" as Jack Cafferty calls them.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 08/26/08 at 11:10 am

You really should watch the speech. She really gave a zinger when she mentioned Hillary & her supporters "put cracks in the glass ceiling".  I'm sure that won over a whole bunch of the "Beverly Hillary-billies" as Jack Cafferty calls them.

Cat
a big part of it is here.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/08/26/michelle-obama-on-the-great-american-story/#comments

along with snarky comments from the intertubes!

Written By: Jessica on 08/26/08 at 11:50 am

I think I'm in love.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/26/08 at 5:54 pm

I think she'd make a wonderful First Lady.  I can't stand McCain's wife.

Written By: Jessica on 08/26/08 at 6:05 pm

I think she'd make a wonderful First Lady.  I can't stand McCain's wife.

Cindy McBorgQueen.

http://totallylookslike.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/cindy-mccain2.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/26/08 at 10:59 pm

Mrs. Obama is a wonderful speaker.  I took note the first time I saw her speak and her convention speech was even more inspiring.  And their two little daughters saying "hi daddy, hi daddy" into the TV screen at the end made even me, an old curmudgeon, mist over just a bit. That was just about the sweetest thing I ever did see!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_sunny.gif

Written By: iquestion on 08/26/08 at 11:39 pm

Where are the other 'right wingers'?

As a r-winger'-,I have to add my 2 cents that say what she will,
...END THE WAR RESPONSIBLY???!!!!

HORSES**T!!!!

HOW ABOUT WIN THE WAR AND LEAVE! Kick their misguided barbarian butts and come home to our welcoming parades!
CNN-ie Wolf and company love getting their nipples hard reporting 'Oh 20 US soldiers killed today' ..how about the 100 bomb building/toting Iraqis they sent to the great beyond in the name of democracy for the country?

No, we have to find a 'comfortable responsible' way to leave....THE WAY is to end the war and WIN!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/26/08 at 11:50 pm

Where are the other 'right wingers'?

Well, there's this other dude named Saver, but I ain't seen him around for a spell..."
8)

As a r-winger'-,I have to add my 2 cents that say what she will,
...END THE WAR RESPONSIBLY???!!!!

HORSES**T!!!!

HOW ABOUT WIN THE WAR AND LEAVE! Kick their misguided barbarian butts and come home to our welcoming parades!
CNN-ie Wolf and company love getting their nipples hard reporting 'Oh 20 US soldiers killed today' ..how about the 100 bomb building/toting Iraqis they sent to the great beyond in the name of democracy for the country?[

No, we have to find a 'comfortable responsible' way to leave....THE WAY is to end the war and WIN!

Kid, you're a real cut-up!
;D

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/26/08 at 11:59 pm

Mrs. Obama is a wonderful speaker.  I took note the first time I saw her speak and her convention speech was even more inspiring.  And their two little daughters saying "hi daddy, hi daddy" into the TV screen at the end made even me, an old curmudgeon, mist over just a bit. That was just about the sweetest thing I ever did see!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_sunny.gif

It really was touching, and very sincere.

Written By: iquestion on 08/27/08 at 12:45 am

Well, there's this other dude named Saver, but I ain't seen him around for a spell..."
8)

Kid, you're a real cut-up!
;D

Well, I don't hang with anyone on messageboards, but my views were shared by a couple of other media outlets-including Dennis Miller and another broadcaster/talker Tim Conway Jr.

DM is heard on a station from Glendale CA and syndicated...TimJr. would break the speech apart saying OMG whenever the 'method of leaving' was brought up...and then on Hillary-she goes off with 'we can't sit on the sidelines'..uh,..honey, what is BILL doing? He ain't there with the crew!

They get their challenges and I ask my questions if they seem so outrageous as it looks like this 'politic' site writes...Thought someone had the right covered but not hearing it yet...so, I ask if you/anyone, really doesn't think Byden or Obama will make a good gaffaw to drop further behind in the race?

Time will tell.

Written By: Tia on 08/27/08 at 6:31 am

HOW ABOUT WIN THE WAR AND LEAVE! Kick their misguided barbarian butts
who's "They"? are you fighting al qaeda? or indigenous resistance fighters? or suicide bombers from syria? shia or sunni? are you there to avenge 911? or to keep iran in check?

there's no way to win because you haven't defined your objectives and you don't know why you started the war in the first place. how can you win if you don't know the rules and you haven't defined the opponents?

the fact is that the republicans invaded iraq because they have a lot of oil. now, washington has control of the oil. therefore, "we" already "won."

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/27/08 at 10:23 am

Thoughts on Hillary's speech of last night?  I though it was ok, but not great.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/27/08 at 2:03 pm

Thoughts on Hillary's speech of last night?  I though it was ok, but not great.

I have sat and watch Hillary through this campaign and never minded at all her not wanting to drop out, I think it was good, actually, until this whole voice vote shananigan.  This is just a way of stroking her own ego, and nursing her poor demented die hard followers. I have had it up to here with her.  She would not have worked well as VP, anyone could see that that administration would be fraught with contests of wills as she did her best to show herself and the world that is was she, not Obama, who was really in control.  I believe she would make a great Secretary of State, or she would be great as a replacement for Ted K as a leading voice for liberals.  That being said, she should stop all this crap now and get on with the business of helping us out of this mess, instead of making more of one.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/27/08 at 2:04 pm

Oh yeah, Michelle, she is the one we want in the White House, no matter which one wins.  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/27/08 at 2:26 pm

Cindy McBorgQueen.

http://totallylookslike.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/cindy-mccain2.jpg

Yikes!!!! :o

Written By: Dagwood on 08/27/08 at 4:56 pm

I'm not a Hillary fan so I didn't pay too much attention.  She did make me laugh with her Sisterhood of the Traveling Pantsuits comment, though.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/27/08 at 5:12 pm

I'm not a Hillary fan so I didn't pay too much attention.  She did make me laugh with her Sisterhood of the Traveling Pantsuits comment, though.

That cracked me up, too.

Cat

Written By: iquestion on 08/27/08 at 5:57 pm

who's "They"? are you fighting al qaeda? or indigenous resistance fighters? or suicide bombers from syria? shia or sunni? are you there to avenge 911? or to keep iran in check?

there's no way to win because you haven't defined your objectives and you don't know why you started the war in the first place. how can you win if you don't know the rules and you haven't defined the opponents?

the fact is that the republicans invaded iraq because they have a lot of oil. now, washington has control of the oil. therefore, "we" already "won."

Terrorist(amateur or pros) are coming in from all sides of the country(whether they re being paid to or however, so we never know who is going to strike out..this is no organized war all around..WE can't say we won if people are bombing the city and troops and Iraq is still being terrorized, if it were for the oil-it was a good excuse but we could get far more from other countries and we sure have a bargain at the pumps with all that 'oil' we fought to get......and we'd be gone by now wouldn't we?

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 08/27/08 at 10:45 pm

Speaking of the convention, if it hasn't already been made official by now, Fox News has officially jumped the shark when it comes to there "fair and balanced" news coverage.

So far after each nights major address they have had a panel of what basically consists of only conservatives, including the intolerable Bill Kristol 8-P, spend 10 minutes or more rebutting and tearing apart everything that has just been said on the stage without even one person without a biased opinion to balance things out. Tonight, they even read the McCain campaign's statement about Joe Biden's veep acceptance speech less than 5 minutes after he was off the stage. Something tells me the same courtesy won't be extended to the Obama campaign next week.

Somebody needs to keep these guys in check or the love fest in St. Paul next week could get really sickening.

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/28/08 at 7:07 am

FOX NEWS =FAT HEAD BUSH REPUBLICIAN BUTT KISSERS. They prey on the public paranoia, fair and balanced my butt. What a crock of rancid butter that is....

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/28/08 at 10:24 am

I have sat and watch Hillary through this campaign and never minded at all her not wanting to drop out, I think it was good, actually, until this whole voice vote shananigan.  This is just a way of stroking her own ego, and nursing her poor demented die hard followers. I have had it up to here with her.  She would not have worked well as VP, anyone could see that that administration would be fraught with contests of wills as she did her best to show herself and the world that is was she, not Obama, who was really in control.  I believe she would make a great Secretary of State, or she would be great as a replacement for Ted K as a leading voice for liberals.  That being said, she should stop all this crap now and get on with the business of helping us out of this mess, instead of making more of one.

I agree with most of this.  I hope she DOES NOT get a cabinet post though.

I was heartened to see her end the roll call voting and call for nomination by acclimation.  Maureen Dowd really took off on her and Bill in an OPED in this morning's paper.

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/01/08 at 6:27 am

OH MY GOD IT WASN'T HOMER SIMPSON  WAS IT??? DID SHE HURT HIM???? ;D :D ;)
Just had to inject a little corny humor into the topic.

Check for new replies or respond here...