» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Obama... Positioning Himself for LyricBoy's Vote

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/31/08 at 7:23 am

Well I have to give Barack full credit for recognizing the political influence and criticality of the LyricBoy Political Cabal.  First day after the convention, he and Joe Biden trekked to LyricBoy's home town outside Picksburgh.  Key stops for the Democrat Troupe:

-Biodiesel plant about 2 miles down the road from the LyricBoy abode

-Rally at the gazebo in Beaver PA (gee, Bill Clinton shoulda campaigned there)   ;D

-Stopoff at the local Windmill frozen custard stand a few miles outta town  :P

Point of trivia... that gazebo is the same one that was used in the 1980's movie "Gung Ho" where Michael Keaton made his climactic speech, and it was built for the movie)

Interestingly, some yokel who was wearing a holstered Glock at the rally in Beaver was detained by the cops and is wondering why.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/asta.gif

Subject: Re: Obama... Positioning Himself for LyricBoy's Vote

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/31/08 at 10:24 am

You mean they didn't try and go rafting in the Monongahela.  Photo op missed. :\'(

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/31/08 at 10:25 am

Mmmm, custard...

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/09/08 at 1:41 pm

I journeyed the 20 miles into Lancaster with a friend.  I caught a glimpse of the McCain bus.  Wanted to get a picture of it for G.W.Bush2004 and the other Republicans on the board.  I was advice against it because if Secret Service.  Don't know whether it was that my friend was paranoid or the fact that I'm a Democrat.  Anyway, I think my parents are there.

Written By: EthanM on 09/09/08 at 2:58 pm

McCain's giving a speech in a building where I ran around the track and played basketball countless times, but I'm obviously not there now. Obama was in a park that I'm very familiar with a few days ago.  Neither of the candidates came anywhere near there in either of the 2 previous elections that took place in my first and last semesters.

Written By: La Roche on 09/09/08 at 4:31 pm

Set up an auditorium for Joe Biden's speech today.

Biden used Union Labor, remember that folks.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/09/08 at 6:26 pm

Biden used Union Labor, remember that folks.

Palin's hubby is a member of America's largest industrial trade union.  Remember that too.  ;)

Written By: La Roche on 09/09/08 at 10:04 pm

Palin's hubby is a member of America's largest industrial trade union.  Remember that too.   ;)

.. and by all accounts wanted to secede from these United States.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/09/08 at 10:40 pm

Mmmm, custard...

My Glock + Beaver =

:P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/10/08 at 8:39 am

I journeyed the 20 miles into Lancaster with a friend.  I caught a glimpse of the McCain bus.  Wanted to get a picture of it for G.W.Bush2004 and the other Republicans on the board.  I was advice against it because if Secret Service.  Don't know whether it was that my friend was paranoid or the fact that I'm a Democrat.  Anyway, I think my parents are there.

Yep, they were there.  They're were ever a few ticket scalpers at the event.  Parking was terrible, security was tight.  Mom still giddy about seeing Sarah Palin through binoculars.  Sounds more like a Van Halen concert than a political event.

Written By: Tia on 09/10/08 at 9:47 am

the funny thing is, the whole palin hero-worship thing seems rather obviously to be an imitation of the obama worshp thing before. why aren't we making fun of all these people who suddenly think palin is the messiah? ::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/10/08 at 9:53 am

the funny thing is, the whole palin hero-worship thing seems rather obviously to be an imitation of the obama worshp thing before. why aren't we making fun of all these people who suddenly think palin is the messiah? ::)

If you really listen to Sarah Palin's speeches she hasn't changed the obvious mistakes.  They're afraid to let her answer random questions from the media.  She being perceived more as a celebrity than a politician.  Celebrity status does not however guarantee votes when people go hit the voting booth.

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/10/08 at 1:42 pm

My guess...Homeland Security.

Bush is just like the pope, he speaks and still no one cares.

Check for new replies or respond here...