» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Who should I vote for?!

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/02/08 at 1:17 pm

If I vote for McCain, I'm voting for McBush/Ms Cheney.

If I vote for Obama, I may open-up a can of bad worms.

If I vote for 3rd Party, I may be helping either McBush or Obama. :-\\

Subject: Re: Who should I vote for?!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/02/08 at 1:19 pm

What can of bad worms?

To me, this is a no-brainer. You have a guy who gets it and a guy who doesn't.

Cat

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/02/08 at 3:01 pm

Obama.  Duh.

Written By: Dagwood on 09/02/08 at 3:55 pm

Vote for the guy who most mirrors your own opinions on how things should be run.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/02/08 at 4:14 pm

Obama

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/02/08 at 5:38 pm

What can of bad worms?

To me, this is a no-brainer. You have a guy who gets it and a guy who doesn't.

Cat

It would be easier if I lived in New England rather than a swing state.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/02/08 at 5:42 pm

That's when every vote actually does count, when you're in a swing state.  So your decision is much more important than if you were in a pure blue or pure red state.

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/02/08 at 5:44 pm

That's when every vote actually does count, when you're in a swing state.  So your decision is much more important than if you were in a pure blue or pure red state.

Seems some people here I know are from Blue States and have the case of the Blues for eight years.

Written By: EthanM on 09/02/08 at 5:48 pm

This is why there is a secret ballot.  I'm sure that it's illegal to discriminate based on citizen voting so there should be nothing  to worry about and if there is then the ACLU should be contacted.  The election is too important, especially in Ohio, for someone to feel pressured to vote for a candidate that seems like the worst possible choice.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/02/08 at 6:16 pm

It doesn't matter whether you live in New England or in Ohio. The vote is still a no-brainer.

Cat

Written By: Macphisto on 09/02/08 at 10:08 pm

...which shows you just how screwed up our system is...

Written By: Brian06 on 09/02/08 at 10:22 pm

It's pretty simple to me: if you're happy with George W. Bush then John McCain is your guy, if you're not happy with George W. Bush then Barack Obama is your guy.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/02/08 at 11:39 pm

...which shows you just how screwed up our system is...

It is somewhat screwed up because the candidates focus on certain states only, but there's no way it's going to change.

Written By: sonikuu on 09/03/08 at 1:52 am

This is sad, but true.  I love Obama and I would love to volunteer to help out his campaign.  Since I'm majoring in Political Science, it is only natural I'd want to get involved with politics as much as possible.

The problem is I live in Arizona - John McCain's home state.  As a result, McCain will easily win Arizona's electoral votes.  It makes me wonder if I should even bother voting at all this election.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/03/08 at 3:14 am

This is sad, but true.  I love Obama and I would love to volunteer to help out his campaign.  Since I'm majoring in Political Science, it is only natural I'd want to get involved with politics as much as possible.

The problem is I live in Arizona - John McCain's home state.  As a result, McCain will easily win Arizona's electoral votes.  It makes me wonder if I should even bother voting at all this election.

Voting is always important in every election every time.  I equate people who don't vote to whimpering whipped dogs.  Strong language, yes, but the power of the vote is extremely important, and the number of people voting is noticed by the power structure.  They just love it when people sit on their hands and give it up.  So much easier than a gag rule is when the voters gag themselves.

Written By: Tia on 09/03/08 at 8:58 am

vote third party, if someone gets 5% it'll open up a lot of possibilities for third parties getting on ballots and attending debates, it would really revolutionize politics in this country.

i'm gonna do some volunteer work for obama and i gave his campaign 150 bucks, but when i get in the booth the temptation for me to vote third party will be strong. i really think it's the only real way to make your vote have a difference. i have no confidence at all that the two-party system represents real democracy anymore.

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/03/08 at 10:07 am

vote third party, if someone gets 5% it'll open up a lot of possibilities for third parties getting on ballots and attending debates, it would really revolutionize politics in this country.

i'm gonna do some volunteer work for obama and i gave his campaign 150 bucks, but when i get in the booth the temptation for me to vote third party will be strong. i really think it's the only real way to make your vote have a difference. i have no confidence at all that the two-party system represents real democracy anymore.

In days gone  by, when there was little difference between the two parties, I voted for 3rd parties, but this election is far too important for that.  We can't afford another 4 years of the same old same old.  Palin shouldn't be allowed within a mile of the white house, and electing the first black pres will be historic.  The choice is clear.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/03/08 at 11:39 am

Polls have been known to be wrong-there is only ONE poll that counts-and that is in Nov. And you really don't know how many people in Arizona are really going to vote for McCain. I know there are a lot of Repubs who are going to vote Dem this time. Say if everyone in your state who wanted to vote for Obama stayed home just for the reasons you give-and all those people would have tipped the scales. You don't know. My advice is volunteer for the campaign. Maybe you can reach some of those people who might be thinking like you are-wondering if it is worth going to the polls. And by all means-VOTE ON NOV. 4th for the candidate of YOUR choice-not who you think the state will go for.

Cat

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/03/08 at 1:13 pm

Polls have been known to be wrong-there is only ONE poll that counts-and that is in Nov. And you really don't know how many people in Arizona are really going to vote for McCain. I know there are a lot of Repubs who are going to vote Dem this time. Say if everyone in your state who wanted to vote for Obama stayed home just for the reasons you give-and all those people would have tipped the scales. You don't know. My advice is volunteer for the campaign. Maybe you can reach some of those people who might be thinking like you are-wondering if it is worth going to the polls. And by all means-VOTE ON NOV. 4th for the candidate of YOUR choice-not who you think the state will go for.

Cat

Today...I'm in an Obama mood.

Karma 4 U

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/04/08 at 10:54 pm

Did you watch that rhetorical scat party that just went down in St. Paul? 
:o

You gotta go for Obama, my friend!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/04/08 at 11:04 pm

Hillary at DNC "the skies will open, the clouds will part, the rays of light will come shining through, the celestial choirs will begin singing if  Barack Obama is elected president"  I couldn't believe what i was hearing, OMG!  ;D  how disgustingly false her praise of Obama was. that's just nonsense      McCain/Palin get my vote

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/04/08 at 11:23 pm

To me, this is a no-brainer. 

Cat
wait...are you saying people voting for Obama don't have any brains?    http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020vascBIJ9MAULajzbkF/SIG=1233me9nq/EXP=1220674394/**http%3A//www.loc.gov/exhibits/oz/images/vc55t.jpg

from what I've seen, the democratic theme I've been seeing for awhile now is we're right you're wrong, we're free thinkers, you're closed minded, we know whats best, you don't. our country is so split in 2 right now, conservative/liberals pro this/pro that, No this/No that. People just need to get out and vote for who they think will best serve the American people and this great country. one thing is for sure, I'm not voting for someone that appears to put party before country and to me it seems like the democratic party cares about nothing more than getting a democrat in the white house. I just want someone who's gonna be honest and work hard and I think McCain & Palin care more about our country and the people than the other 2 guys.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/04/08 at 11:28 pm

Obama is much more conservative than our (NZ) current very left-leaning government. I'm not sure I'd vote for him, but if it was between him and McCain (lol), I'd vote for him no questions asked!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/04/08 at 11:39 pm

wait...are you saying people voting for Obama don't have any brains?    http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020vascBIJ9MAULajzbkF/SIG=1233me9nq/EXP=1220674394/**http%3A//www.loc.gov/exhibits/oz/images/vc55t.jpg

from what I've seen, the democratic theme I've been seeing for awhile now is we're right you're wrong, we're free thinkers, you're closed minded, we know whats best, you don't. our country is so split in 2 right now, conservative/liberals pro this/pro that, No this/No that. People just need to get out and vote for who they think will best serve the American people and this great country. one thing is for sure, I'm not voting for someone that appears to put party before country and to me it seems like the democratic party cares about nothing more than getting a democrat in the white house. I just want someone who's gonna be honest and work hard and I think McCain & Palin care more about our country and the people than the other 2 guys.

And now I don my brown trousers!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/04/08 at 11:50 pm

And now I don my brown trousers!
please... don't be so quick to dread the worst. anyways, I'm so color blind I wouldn't notice

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/04/08 at 11:53 pm

please... don't be so quick to dread the worst. anyways, I'm so color blind I wouldn't notice

I mean, if I do my best to blend in with the surrounding sh*tstorm perhaps it won't sh*t on me!
:D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/05/08 at 12:00 am

I mean, if I do my best to blend in with the surrounding sh*tstorm perhaps it won't sh*t on me!
:D
oh it's gonna sh*t on everyone no matter what and no matter who's in charge. it's gonna get ugly either way. now that's my pessimistic view. on the other hand things may get better and our country may become united and strong and prosperous but just in case, better have these ready; check it out...Corduroy  :)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/188/408562541_e67423baeb.jpg?v=0

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/05/08 at 12:04 am

oh it's gonna sh*t on everyone no matter what and no matter who's in charge. it's gonna get ugly either way. now that's my pessimistic view. on the other hand things may get better and our country may become united and strong and prosperous but just in case, better have these ready; check it out...Corduroy  :)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/188/408562541_e67423baeb.jpg?v=0

Meh...Depends.
:-\\

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/05/08 at 12:07 am

Meh...Depends.
:-\\
reminds me of the SNL skit "Honey I crapped My Pants" commercial  ;D 
if it gets real bad, we could always exodus across the border and see how life is with whistledog and Ktelqueen  :)

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 09/05/08 at 5:08 am

It's pretty simple to me: if you're happy with George W. Bush then John McCain is your guy, if you're not happy with George W. Bush then Barack Obama is your guy.
Its not that simple. You prove in your own post that it isn't simple. You cant even make a case against McCain. Is McCain gonna have a co-presidency with Bush? All you can say is 'Bush Bush Bush", and when its time to defend Obama, "change change change".

Its not that simple(thank God), and you're gonna learn that in November.

Written By: Haman on 09/05/08 at 5:40 am

Since you have asked, I will give my piece of advice:

Please pay no attention to the propaganda.

Please pay no attention to the media.

Please do some effort to see the bigger picture.

If you are really in doubt then I would say: anything but Barack Hussein Obama.

In any case, if you don't like the Republicans then vote 3rd parties such as the Libertarian Party or the Constitution Party, or don't vote at all. But please don't be carried away. Remain conscious.

See for yourself, with no filter, what America is becoming. See the real world. Then truly explore the possible future. Then ask yourself: "what is in MY best interest?"   

Written By: Tia on 09/05/08 at 6:33 am

If you are really in doubt then I would say: anything but Barack Hussein Obama.

could you explain why? remember how well the "anybody but bush" campaign went in 2004? and back then there was actually a reason to fear bush, not just baseless rumors he was a secret muslim from outer space.

so what's the matter with obama? let's hear a well-reasoned, coherent argument that doesn't refer to his middle name in an inflammatory manner.

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/05/08 at 8:14 am

Its not that simple. You prove in your own post that it isn't simple. You cant even make a case against McCain. Is McCain gonna have a co-presidency with Bush? All you can say is 'Bush Bush Bush", and when its time to defend Obama, "change change change".

Karma for telling me that Politics is sooooo damn complicated.

Bush has no power anymore, so you can put him away like an old Leisure Suit and pray that it never comes back.

could you explain why? remember how well the "anybody but bush" campaign went in 2004? and back then there was actually a reason to fear bush, not just baseless rumors he was a secret muslim from outer space.

so what's the matter with obama? let's hear a well-reasoned, coherent argument that doesn't refer to his middle name in an inflammatory manner.

Kerry didn't win because he had no solid ground to walk on. And John Edwards...the news about his scandal would come faster if he was VP.

Written By: Tia on 09/05/08 at 8:35 am

kerry was a poor candidate, for sure, just from an image point of view, but bush was probably even worse. i'm just not sure this whole "run for me because i'm not the other guy" thing really works. i guess we'll see, though, it's pretty much the republican platform this time around, is don't vote for the secret muslim.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/05/08 at 11:35 am

You wanna know what the matter with Obama is, he is black.   ::)

Cat

Written By: Tia on 09/05/08 at 11:37 am

You wanna know what the matter with Obama is, he is black.   ::)

Cat
actually, yes. i'd love to hear something other than "i don't trust him" or "he could be a bad egg" or "that could open up a bag of worms" or "he went to a madrassa" or "he hates white people." (and if you're insinuating what i think you are, i'm inclined to agree with you, but just for giggles i'd like to hear someone explain it using actual information.)

Written By: SemperYoda on 09/05/08 at 1:22 pm

actually, yes. i'd love to hear something other than "i don't trust him" or "he could be a bad egg" or "that could open up a bag of worms" or "he went to a madrassa" or "he hates white people." (and if you're insinuating what i think you are, i'm inclined to agree with you, but just for giggles i'd like to hear someone explain it using actual information.)

Obama is not a Muslim?  Darn, I was starting to believe those emails I get. 

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/05/08 at 1:24 pm

Polls show that Obama may stand an outside shot to take states like North Dakota, Montana, North Carolina, and Indiana.  So if enough people care, heck yeah your vote counts, no matter what state you're in.

Written By: SemperYoda on 09/05/08 at 2:00 pm

One thing I would like to know, when a candidate starts inspiring people and gets younger people interested in politics again, why is it that the candidate is automatically spouting lies and false promises, while these young voters are being fooled? 

What is wrong with believing in something and some hope? 

The Republicans have been waving the flag and rallying behind the call of "Remember 9/11," to inspire people to believe that the War on Terror actually means something and we are safer.  Why was Reagan's hope for the nation better?  I guess their version of hope is more feasable? 

Whatever, I will take my chances on someone who actually seems like he cares, smart enough to know the issues, act on those issues, and inspire the country once again.  I wont listen to the base who gave us Bush and expect McCain to be any different.  McCain may be a Maverick.  He may have the Nations best interests at heart.  But he doesn't inspire me at all. 

Oh, and liberalism is a good thing.  I dont think we would have made it this far in society without it.  So, whoever wants to throw it around like it is a derogatory term, go right ahead.  Doesn't hurt me any.  Id rather be a little more liberal than be someone who pretends to care about more than just themselves.   

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/05/08 at 2:07 pm

Nothing wrong with being a little conservative either, as long as you don't mistake "evangelical" with "conservative".

Written By: SemperYoda on 09/05/08 at 2:12 pm

Nothing wrong with being a little conservative either, as long as you don't mistake "evangelical" with "conservative".

Yep.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/05/08 at 3:41 pm

Ah, all the isms out there.

I don't have a problem with conservatism.  I might not agree with many of its tenets, but if it is true conservatism, I respect it.  The terminology gets confusing here.  We've been suffering from the failed state of "neo-liberalism" brought to us by Milton Freakman and the Chicago Boys.  This crap is a demonstrable failure the way Soviet communism was a demonstrable failure.  The Republicans needed a Gorbachev, not what they got...another Stalin!
::)

Then there's the farce known as "neo-conservatism," which is also giving us the worst of both worlds: Fascism with trains running perpetually late!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/twak.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoliberalism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism

Written By: Macphisto on 09/05/08 at 6:06 pm

Those who idolize Palin are very similar to people who idolize Obama.

This has become yet another election of personalities.

If this election was about experience and policy, it would be Biden vs. Ron Paul.  Sadly, this isn't the case....

Written By: Tia on 09/06/08 at 7:23 am

Those who idolize Palin are very similar to people who idolize Obama.

This has become yet another election of personalities.

If this election was about experience and policy, it would be Biden vs. Ron Paul.  Sadly, this isn't the case....
well, obama actually knows policy, but i agree biden's more versed in it. obama's personality is engaging because he's intelligent. palin is engaging because she's just hot and kinda a dingbat in that fashion model/cheerleader kinda way.

Written By: Macphisto on 09/06/08 at 8:57 am

well, obama actually knows policy, but i agree biden's more versed in it. obama's personality is engaging because he's intelligent. palin is engaging because she's just hot and kinda a dingbat in that fashion model/cheerleader kinda way.

Don't get me wrong.  I like Obama more than Palin, but the similarities between the 2 have started to bug me.

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/06/08 at 1:47 pm

Ah, all the isms out there.

I don't have a problem with conservatism.  I might not agree with many of its tenets, but if it is true conservatism, I respect it.  The terminology gets confusing here.  We've been suffering from the failed state of "neo-liberalism" brought to us by Milton Freakman and the Chicago Boys.  This crap is a demonstrable failure the way Soviet communism was a demonstrable failure.  The Republicans needed a Gorbachev, not what they got...another Stalin!

Then there's the farce known as "neo-conservatism," which is also giving us the worst of both worlds: Fascism with trains running perpetually late!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/twak.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoliberalism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism

This ism, that ism.

Lennon was right, and all we are saying...is Give Peace a Chance!

Written By: Haman on 09/06/08 at 2:56 pm

This ism, that ism.

Lennon was right, and all we are saying...is Give Peace a Chance!

Well, in fact it has had many chances in history. For instance, there was a Pax Romana a long, long time ago.  ;D

The catch is that peace is only possible after victory.  :P

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/13/08 at 12:53 pm

OK good I'm not the only one that noticed She is a DITZ..... :)

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/13/08 at 12:55 pm

I'm going for Obama, and I'm going to be part of the Gallup Poll.

Besides, if I don't like what Obama is doing...I hope I can vote for Palin in the next election.

Written By: Shacks Train on 09/14/08 at 11:42 pm

NONE OF THE ABOVE!!!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/14/08 at 11:47 pm

OK good I'm not the only one that noticed She is a DITZ..... :)

That's the word!

Subject: !

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/16/08 at 2:05 pm

SEE MY PLATFORM!!!! ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...