» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Ron Paul in in Minneapolis/St. Paul, not much coverage at all!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/05/08 at 3:58 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/02/paul.convention/index.html

Former Libertarian presidential candidate held a rally in Minneapolis this weekend attracting over 12,000 attendees, most of whom paid 17 dollars to be there while the GOP convention basked in all the media's glory with its vetted crowd of 3,500 yes-men...and yes-women. 

I myself was in the dark about this until today. 

I might don't agree with most of Dr. Paul's platform, but at least he has a substantial platform, not a bunch of empty sloganeering. 

There was plenty of empty sloganeering in Denver too, but not nearly to the aggravated degree there was in St. Paul!

I heard many of these Paul supporters would sooner support Rep. Kucinich than Obama, whose philosophy appears diametrically opposed to Paul's, because they believe the two major parties do not offer a great enough departure from the authoritarian corporate-military state that is beggaring our formerly rich country and flushing the future down the crapper.

::)

Subject: Re: Ron Paul in in Minneapolis/St. Paul, not much coverage at all!

Written By: SemperYoda on 09/05/08 at 4:26 pm

I do have respect for Ron Paul.  The man definitely continues to stand up for what he believes in. 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/05/08 at 5:35 pm

That doesn't surprise me.  The media powers that be want to portray a message then nothing else gets through.  Obama was in Lancaster on Wendsday, only one media source covered the actual event.  Most others covered people bitching about the traffic delays.  15,000 people showed up, only one media source covered it.  Heaven forbid word should get out that they are Democrats in Amish Country.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/05/08 at 5:41 pm

Ron Paul should serve in Obama's cabinet.

Written By: Macphisto on 09/05/08 at 5:44 pm

Ron Paul would make an excellent Secretary of the Treasury.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/05/08 at 6:57 pm

Even if Obama extended the invitation, Ronnie would tell him to go take a flying leap!

Written By: Macphisto on 09/05/08 at 9:31 pm

Even if Obama extended the invitation, Ronnie would tell him to go take a flying leap!

I don't know about that.  I think Ron would love the opportunity to lessen the influence of the Fed Reserve.  Of course, he'd probably be fired by the end of all it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/05/08 at 9:49 pm

I don't know about that.  I think Ron would love the opportunity to lessen the influence of the Fed Reserve.  Of course, he'd probably be fired by the end of all it.

They wouldn't let Paul near the Fed.  He knows it's fascist, they know it's fascist, and that's the way they like it.

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/08/08 at 1:58 am

I heard many of these Paul supporters would sooner support Rep. Kucinich than Obama, whose philosophy appears diametrically opposed to Paul's, because they believe the two major parties do not offer a great enough departure from the authoritarian corporate-military state that is beggaring our formerly rich country and flushing the future down the crapper.

Well, sure.  There's that, and there's also the possibility of seeing the mediocretins on Good Morning America, Oprah, and The View tryng to explain why half the crowd has signs reading "FLILF", and the other half of the crowd has signs reading "VPILF".  Simple as that, really. 

And that's not even considering the possibilities offered by Rule 34 invoked on (and now that you're thinking about it, the gleeful demands that Rule 35 imposes on you!) a Kucinich/Clinton ticket vs. a Palin/Coulter ticket.  We're talking slashfic and Photoshoppery at its... I'm not sure if "best" is the right word, but my bunk?  I'll be in it.

Written By: Macphisto on 09/08/08 at 6:40 pm

Ok...  Palin is someone whom I can understand the attraction to, but Coulter?...  Good god, she "looka lika man."  The Adam's Apple really does turn me off (along with the man hands and utterly insane views).

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/08/08 at 6:42 pm

Ok...  Palin is someone whom I can understand the attraction to, but Coulter?...   Good god, she "looka lika man."   The Adam's Apple really does turn me off (along with the man hands and utterly insane views).

There were certain people on this very board who had the hots for her, but I'm not going to name names!
:-X

Written By: Macphisto on 09/08/08 at 6:44 pm

There were certain people on this very board who had the hots for her, but I'm not going to name names!
:-X

I've seriously always thought she resembled Marilyn Manson in a blond wig.

Check for new replies or respond here...