» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Oh Great another town lets illegal stay to murder

Written By: iquestion on 09/09/08 at 12:46 am

Will they ever get it?

Way to go Denver, mayor does deport illegals, hardly cares about rounding them up and one goes and kills a 3 year old...(Guatamalan)..sure bail at $275000..think he'll be around to face the musica?

So far they may have only done something like 16 arrests!

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Subject: Re: Oh Great another town lets illegal stay to murder

Written By: snozberries on 09/09/08 at 2:26 am

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m48/conversationpc/Politics/liberal-idiot.jpg

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/09/08 at 9:07 am

Will they ever get it?

Way to go Denver, mayor does deport illegals, hardly cares about rounding them up and one goes and kills a 3 year old...(Guatamalan)..sure bail at $275000..think he'll be around to face the musica?

So far they may have only done something like 16 arrests!

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

You forget about the 4 million other illegal immigrants that are decent human beings that only want a better existence than the hell hole they left.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/09/08 at 10:16 am

A-wake-a-up and face-ah da musica!
:P

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/09/08 at 11:26 am

Murders happen, rapes happen, sh-t happens.  Why is it that when the perp is an immigrant, legal or illegal, we make more of it than when a white citizen does the deed? 

Written By: Tia on 09/09/08 at 11:29 am

see, when an american citizen commits murder, though, that's okay.

when is iquestion gonna admit to being saver? i'm wondering what the name change is all about.

Written By: iquestion on 09/09/08 at 12:48 pm

see, when an american citizen commits murder, though, that's okay.

when is iquestion gonna admit to being saver? i'm wondering what the name change is all about.

I still haven't heard of a SAVER but was told, looked at the blogs and politically can see some similarities..peoples 'choices' tattoos,youth having kids-that's for each individual to put up with  in their lives.

I could answer some of 'the messages they left' with my views if they care to write?

Written By: iquestion on 09/09/08 at 12:51 pm

You forget about the 4 million other illegal immigrants that are decent human beings that only want a better existence than the hell hole they left.

I concur..I only join the country I am proud to be a citizen of to go through the process everyone else had to-WE ARE EQUALS , NOT ABOVE THE LAWS OF THE LAND.

I see these 'car phone users' chatting away when the law was passed to NOT DO THIS and yet they think they are special S***!

Are they so special? I doubt it.

Written By: iquestion on 09/09/08 at 12:56 pm

Murders happen, rapes happen, sh-t happens.  Why is it that when the perp is an immigrant, legal or illegal, we make more of it than when a white citizen does the deed? 

Any murder is awful. This person should not have been here to begin with.  At least maybe saving a life?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/09/08 at 1:25 pm

I concur..I only join the country I am proud to be a citizen of to go through the process everyone else had to-WE ARE EQUALS , NOT ABOVE THE LAWS OF THE LAND.

I see these 'car phone users' chatting away when the law was passed to NOT DO THIS and yet they think they are special S***!

Are they so special? I doubt it.

OK, so now we've gone from murder to cell phone while driving laws.  Ummmm as a U.S. citizen I don't follow your reasoning.

Written By: iquestion on 09/09/08 at 2:33 pm

OK, so now we've gone from murder to cell phone while driving laws.  Ummmm as a U.S. citizen I don't follow your reasoning.

I am discussing LAW BREAKERS and people who feel superior to the law...Ok they snuck into the country, like they don't have to follow the law of the land....people on cell phones(at least in CA)...it is illegal now and THEY try to act like the law doesn't apply to them either..

Just bringing it to a simpler level of example.

Whatever analogy I use..it's about me against those who break any law. Now?

Written By: Macphisto on 09/09/08 at 5:48 pm

Here's how I see it...

Because illegals aren't citizens, they aren't protected by the Constitution.  If one commits murder, you make him/her disappear.

As for actually stopping the flow of illegals...  good luck with all that.

Written By: thereshegoes on 09/09/08 at 6:01 pm

Here's how I see it...

Because illegals aren't citizens, they aren't protected by the Constitution.  If one commits murder, you make him/her disappear.

As for actually stopping the flow of illegals...  good luck with all that.

To where?

Written By: Macphisto on 09/09/08 at 6:03 pm

To where?

To be most effective, the location would not be known to anyone but those responsible for the disappearance.

But we do have rather large deserts suitable for burial.

Written By: thereshegoes on 09/09/08 at 6:06 pm

To be most effective, the location would not be known to anyone but those responsible for the disappearance.

But we do have rather large deserts suitable for burial.

Are you really that heartless or is just for show?

Written By: Macphisto on 09/09/08 at 6:11 pm

Are you really that heartless or is just for show?

My sense of justice is somewhat vigilantist.  You see, I'm against the death penalty for convicted citizens.  But when it comes to people who aren't even supposed to be here, I consider them at our mercy.

I even support amnesty to a point, but if an illegal kills or rapes someone while they are here, I believe the best course of action involves draconian punishments.  It's not a matter of heartlessness, it's a matter of pragmatism.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/09/08 at 6:29 pm

I just can't bring myself to dislike illegals.  I work with too many of them.  I like them, and I cannot say that I wouldn't do the same if I was in their shoes.  Why should I expend hate filled energy them when my own situation, and the situation of most of us on the board, is closer to theirs than it is to people really deserving of my ire, good old-fashioned Americans like the bushes, dick cheney, lee iaccoca, jack welch, ken lay,  and all the other slimeballs that would sell us all out for a song, well...have sold us out for a song.

Written By: thereshegoes on 09/09/08 at 6:32 pm

My sense of justice is somewhat vigilantist.  You see, I'm against the death penalty for convicted citizens.  But when it comes to people who aren't even supposed to be here, I consider them at our mercy.

I even support amnesty to a point, but if an illegal kills or rapes someone while they are here, I believe the best course of action involves draconian punishments.  It's not a matter of heartlessness, it's a matter of pragmatism.

I see. Not in a million years i'll understand that much prejudice against illegal immigrants,but whatever.

Written By: Macphisto on 09/09/08 at 6:35 pm

I just can't bring myself to dislike illegals.  I work with too many of them.  I like them, and I cannot say that I wouldn't do the same if I was in their shoes.  Why should I expend hate filled energy them when my own situation, and the situation of most of us on the board, is closer to theirs than it is to people really deserving of my ire, good old-fashioned Americans like the bushes, dick cheney, lee iaccoca, jack welch, ken lay,  and all the other slimeballs that would sell us all out for a song, well...have sold us out for a song.

I hear ya, and while I don't like the elite rich that ruin this country (I guess I'd have to make an exception for the death penalty for people like the Enron guys), I also don't like the criminals that hop the border.  Not every illegal is a good natured hard worker.  Plenty of gang members and drug lords make it over here too.  I have no problem with disposing of them as expediently as possible.

The illegals that actually are hard workers just trying to get by are fine with me, and I'd be willing to extend amnesty to them.  They'd just better not kill anyone while they're here.

Written By: thereshegoes on 09/09/08 at 6:38 pm

I hear ya, and while I don't like the elite rich that ruin this country (I guess I'd have to make an exception for the death penalty for people like the Enron guys), I also don't like the criminals that hop the border.  Not every illegal is a good natured hard worker.  Plenty of gang members and drug lords make it over here too.  I have no problem with disposing of them as expediently as possible.

The illegals that actually are hard workers just trying to get by are fine with me, and I'd be willing to extend amnesty to them.  They'd just better not kill anyone while they're here.

Am i glad i'm not there anymore,cause if eyes could kill...

Written By: Macphisto on 09/09/08 at 6:40 pm

I see. Not in a million years i'll understand that much prejudice against illegal immigrants,but whatever.

If you know what Mexico does to Guatemalan illegals in their country, then maybe you can see why my sympathy for illegals is limited.  The way that a lot of Latin America deals with illegals is far more brutal than anything we do.

And yet, illegals here have the nerve to march the streets in broad daylight and demand "rights" when they weren't even invited to come here in the first place.  When people who break your laws show no fear, you must give them a reason to fear you yet again in order to reinstate order.

Written By: thereshegoes on 09/09/08 at 6:54 pm

If you know what Mexico does to Guatemalan illegals in their country, then maybe you can see why my sympathy for illegals is limited.  The way that a lot of Latin America deals with illegals is far more brutal than anything we do.

And yet, illegals here have the nerve to march the streets in broad daylight and demand "rights" when they weren't even invited to come here in the first place.  When people who break your laws show no fear, you must give them a reason to fear you yet again in order to reinstate order.

That's so stupid! Why do you think they leave Mexico? Because they have great lives there? ::) I bet you love it when foreigners give you sheesh because of the crimes your government has been guilty of in the past 7 years.

They weren't invited but you sure have use for them. Once they become a working force they do have rights,deal with it.

Written By: Macphisto on 09/09/08 at 7:15 pm

That's so stupid! Why do you think they leave Mexico? Because they have great lives there? ::) I bet you love it when foreigners give you sheesh because of the crimes your government has been guilty of in the past 7 years.

They weren't invited but you sure have use for them. Once they become a working force they do have rights,deal with it.

I never said I support interventionism.  That's another discussion.

As for this working force thing, tell me...  How many rights do the illegal Bolivian immigrants in sweatshops in Brazil have?

Written By: SemperYoda on 09/09/08 at 8:21 pm

Technically, none of us are supposed to be here.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/09/08 at 8:27 pm

Not to mention the fact that we did a few crimes after we hit Plymouth Rock.

Written By: SemperYoda on 09/09/08 at 8:43 pm

Not to mention the fact that we did a few crimes after we hit Plymouth Rock.

American history brushed under the carpet.

Most of us are lucky enough to be born here.  We promote America as the place to come for freedom, for opportunity.  But make it almost near impossible for them to do it on official, legal terms.  If their government is so corrupt and their lives are hell, would we expect anything less from them?  How many people who tried to cross the Berlin wall were sent back to the other side?

What do people truely think can be done about those already here?  We going to expect everyone to have a passport/visa everywhere they go?  Will we have stops between states to show papers?  Will we gather them all up based on what they look like, even if they are legally here, and place them all in camps?    If we seriously want to control it better, then go after the company's that hire them.  If they are held to a hire standard, them maybe something can be done about it.  Im not officially sure that illegaal immigration will completely stop though.  They are also doing the jobs that no privelidged, young American, will want to do.  We need someone in this country to work the infrastucture. 

I do not agree with those that come here and break the law: murdering, raping, stealing, etc.  But what does that really say of us if we dont uphold due process?  It's no different if we don't uphold the Geneva Convention.  Sure other countries will not uphold the Geneva Convention, but its still our duty as America to show that we are above that.  That is what we are supposed to be about, not taking an illegal, who committed a crime, out in the desert and making them disappear.   

Written By: iquestion on 09/09/08 at 8:46 pm

If we complain about other govmnts., does that mean WE are right?..Have you heard about the Singapore laws..WE can say 'that's awful' but they continue to enforce it...such as getting LASHED for spitting.....I bet no one 'intentionally' does it again?

Some of our laws are too slack as well, I agree..In L.A. when it rains the law is you MUST have your headlights on when your wipers are going..know anyone who was in court to pay that fine yet?

We have sooo many of these laws and still some on the books that were from the 1700's though not enforced...So when someone enforces a SEND THE ILLEGALS BACK law WHO'S doing the 'THAT'S UNJUST' screaming? Sympathizers who rule by emotion..is that a way to run things? Then we'd be such a pathetic apologetic nation.

Do the crime do the time...

Written By: SemperYoda on 09/09/08 at 8:53 pm

If we complain about other govmnts., does that mean WE are right?..Have you heard about the Singapore laws..WE can say 'that's awful' but they continue to enforce it...such as getting LASHED for spitting.....I bet no one 'intentionally' does it again?

Some of our laws are too slack as well, I agree..In L.A. when it rains the law is you MUST have your headlights on when your wipers are going..know anyone who was in court to pay that fine yet?

We have sooo many of these laws and still some on the books that were from the 1700's though not enforced...So when someone enforces a SEND THE ILLEGALS BACK law WHO'S doing the 'THAT'S UNJUST' screaming? Sympathizers who rule by emotion..is that a way to run things? Then we'd be such a pathetic apologetic nation.

Do the crime do the time...

You have never broken the law iquestion?  Ever?  Even just a small little one like going 1 mile over the speed limit.  Im just wondering. 

Written By: Macphisto on 09/09/08 at 10:01 pm

American history brushed under the carpet.

Most of us are lucky enough to be born here.  We promote America as the place to come for freedom, for opportunity.  But make it almost near impossible for them to do it on official, legal terms.  If their government is so corrupt and their lives are hell, would we expect anything less from them?  How many people who tried to cross the Berlin wall were sent back to the other side?

It's a dog eat dog world.  By the same token, would you expect Mexicans to be so tolerant of us if they were the rich ones and we were the poor ones flooding their country?

We're actually a lot more lenient in our treatment of illegals than the vast majority of the world is.

What do people truely think can be done about those already here?  We going to expect everyone to have a passport/visa everywhere they go?  Will we have stops between states to show papers?  Will we gather them all up based on what they look like, even if they are legally here, and place them all in camps?    If we seriously want to control it better, then go after the company's that hire them.  If they are held to a hire standard, them maybe something can be done about it.  Im not officially sure that illegaal immigration will completely stop though.  They are also doing the jobs that no privelidged, young American, will want to do.  We need someone in this country to work the infrastucture.

Simplify the citizenship process, and offer amnesty to the ones who haven't committed any serious crimes.

I'm all for prosecuting employers, but apparently, neither party wants to go there.

I do not agree with those that come here and break the law: murdering, raping, stealing, etc.  But what does that really say of us if we dont uphold due process?  It's no different if we don't uphold the Geneva Convention.  Sure other countries will not uphold the Geneva Convention, but its still our duty as America to show that we are above that.  That is what we are supposed to be about, not taking an illegal, who committed a crime, out in the desert and making them disappear.     

The Geneva Conventions are a joke.  We proved that both the conventions and the U.N. are a joke because we were able to defy both without any recourse.

Due process applies mostly to citizens and people legally here.  It's basically optional with illegals.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/09/08 at 10:43 pm

I mean, phillyzophigally, are any of uz rilly here?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/drunken_smilie.gif

You use that last word rather loosely, if I may say so!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/10/08 at 9:01 am

I mean, phillyzophigally, are any of uz rilly here?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/drunken_smilie.gif
You use that last word rather loosely, if I may say so!

You've been reading too much Emmanuel Kant.

You're right, however bullsh*t doesn't make it past the censor filter.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/10/08 at 11:34 am

So much for "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to be free." Now it is "Give me your poor so we can exploit them for our gain and when we get tired of them we blame them for all the ills in our country."  ::) ::)

Cat

Written By: thereshegoes on 09/10/08 at 12:20 pm

I never said I support interventionism.  That's another discussion.

As for this working force thing, tell me...  How many rights do the illegal Bolivian immigrants in sweatshops in Brazil have?

They don't. The difference is overhere working 17 hours days,not having enough to eat and living in a one bedroom with at least 3 other people is not limited to illegal immigrants. There's not much to be proud of about my country but at least we don't look at immigrants as lower species who deserve nothing. They come here looking for the exact same thing we do when we go to America or Europe, a better life, a chance to give our children a better future. Only someone who never went through no struggles can't sympathise with them.
Illegal immigration is not the root of all social problems here like it isn't in America or in any other place, it is yes a consequence of an unfair world that limits your dreams based on where you were born.

Written By: iquestion on 09/10/08 at 12:45 pm

You have never broken the law iquestion?  Ever?  Even just a small little one like going 1 mile over the speed limit.  Im just wondering. 

NOT INTENTIONALLY OR ENOUGH TO 'BOTHER' THE FLOW OF SOCIETY AS WE KNOW IT.

Written By: thereshegoes on 09/10/08 at 12:47 pm

NOT INTENTIONALLY OR ENOUGH TO 'BOTHER' THE FLOW OF SOCIETY AS WE KNOW IT.

Well you're alive,so...

Written By: EthanM on 09/10/08 at 1:29 pm

Unnecessary shouting can be construed as disturbing the peace, right?

Written By: danootaandme on 09/10/08 at 4:18 pm

They don't. The difference is overhere working 17 hours days,not having enough to eat and living in a one bedroom with at least 3 other people is not limited to illegal immigrants. There's not much to be proud of about my country but at least we don't look at immigrants as lower species who deserve nothing. They come here looking for the exact same thing we do when we go to America or Europe, a better life, a chance to give our children a better future. Only someone who never went through no struggles can't sympathise with them.
Illegal immigration is not the root of all social problems here like it isn't in America or in any other place, it is yes a consequence of an unfair world that limits your dreams based on where you were born.

I live and work in the Boston area and I will state unequivocally that their is a whole lot of racism in this also.  You can't turn a corner in Boston without bumping into an Irish illegal, but there isn't anyone bothered by them, and don't think that some of them are any less deserving of jail time. There is a different attitude towards any of the Europeans, be they Irish, English, Russian, or Slavic, as well as the Canadians.  I don't want to hear excuses, an illegal is an illegal, and if you don't like the Spanish speaking ones, but think "yeah, but..." for the Europeans, then you are being disingenuous. 

Written By: Macphisto on 09/10/08 at 4:43 pm

So much for "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to be free." Now it is "Give me your poor so we can exploit them for our gain and when we get tired of them we blame them for all the ills in our country."  ::) ::)

Cat

We exploited them back then (especially during the Civil War), and we do it now.  I'm not saying it's right, but I am saying that we're still more humane about it than most countries.

Written By: iquestion on 09/10/08 at 6:17 pm

Well you're alive,so...

Alive to follow orders and do what's right in society..I'm not sneaking into France if I am through with the United States methods and laws(tax-laws and anything else) for a better lifestyle..
And I pay for insurance for the 'privilege' to drive as well.

I think ENGLAND has the 'unnecessary' shouting law considered assault.And who knows what else?

Written By: Macphisto on 09/10/08 at 6:23 pm

I live and work in the Boston area and I will state unequivocally that their is a whole lot of racism in this also.  You can't turn a corner in Boston without bumping into an Irish illegal, but there isn't anyone bothered by them, and don't think that some of them are any less deserving of jail time. There is a different attitude towards any of the Europeans, be they Irish, English, Russian, or Slavic, as well as the Canadians.  I don't want to hear excuses, an illegal is an illegal, and if you don't like the Spanish speaking ones, but think "yeah, but..." for the Europeans, then you are being disingenuous. 

I don't think anyone logical is going to disagree with you here.  There is definitely racism involved, but I personally don't want anyone of any race here illegally.

So yeah, we do need to be more consistent in our enforcement of laws regarding illegals of every race.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/10/08 at 6:37 pm

We're likely to see more immigrants from Russia and the former Soviet Union.  Things were bad there under communism...now they're even worse!

I don't see immigrants, legal or not, as any different from me.  They're just trying to survive.  Violent crime is a separate issue.

Written By: snozberries on 09/11/08 at 3:53 am

I am discussing LAW BREAKERS and people who feel superior to the law...Ok they snuck into the country, like they don't have to follow the law of the land....people on cell phones(at least in CA)...it is illegal now and THEY try to act like the law doesn't apply to them either..

Just bringing it to a simpler level of example.

Whatever analogy I use..it's about me against those who break any law. Now?

The cell phone law in Cali is stupid... It's illegal to drive with a phone in to your ear but it is not illegal to send a text. RIght that makes about as much sense as you do.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/11/08 at 4:15 am

I don't see immigrants, legal or not, as any different from me.  They're just trying to survive.  Violent crime is a separate issue.

Exactly.  That is why Macs advocating harsher penalties for illegals is wrong.  If someone hurts someone I love and is from here, there, or anywhere, the punishment should fit the crime, not the status of birth.

Written By: iquestion on 09/11/08 at 2:26 pm

The cell phone law in Cali is stupid... It's illegal to drive with a phone in to your ear but it is not illegal to send a text. RIght that makes about as much sense as you do.

So...I am vindicated as being quite sensible afterall ! According to your comment ...CA noticed the omission of dangers from texting while driving and including  TEXT MESSAGING being illegal while driving as well! And ..I praise their decision!
See what happens when you question my sensibility?

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/08 at 3:23 pm

So...I am vindicated as being quite sensible afterall ! According to your comment ...CA noticed the omission of dangers from texting while driving and including  TEXT MESSAGING being illegal while driving as well! And ..I praise their decision!
See what happens when you question my sensibility?

apparently your reading skills are right up there with your thought processing skills. 
What I said was it that making it illegal to talk with a phone to your ear but not illegal to send a text is stupid.

fortunately someone has seen the error and they are trying to change the law....too bad you're not as willing to notice a problem and make changes too.

Check for new replies or respond here...