» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: What's Good For The Gander Is Good For The Goose

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/09/08 at 12:49 pm

A few months ago, there was all this hoopla about Obama and Rev. Wright. A lot of people were saying that Obama couldn't be trusted because he belonged to this church for 20 years and listened to Rev. Wright's sermons, yadda, yadda, yadda and basically guilty by associated.

I'm sure by now, most of are familiar with Sarah Palin's church in Wassila. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-wilson/sarah-palins-churches-and_b_124611.html

Rev. Wright is just one person. There is no evidence that anyone in his church agrees or disagrees with his political stance. (Ok, maybe through an occasional "Hallelujah"  or "Amen" during his sermons.) In Sarah's church, she actually got up and told her congregation to pray for a pipeline because that is what God wants. They also believe some very scary stuff. What is really scary about this church is the fact that it practices intolerance. When someone is going to be a "heartbeat away from the presidency," do you want that person to be intolerant of people who practice other religions-such as Judaism or Islam? What about other Christian faiths. She made a comment that when she was elected mayor, she was the first Christian mayor-which of course she wasn't. I guess in her eyes, the people of her church are the "true" Christians. Of course I'm not even going to mention how they are also intolerant of gays & lesbians. 

Why don't I hear the media jumping all over this? Of course the answer is, if they do, the Repubs will cry, "sexist".  ::)

Thoughts? Comments?

Cat 

Subject: Re: What's Good For The Gander Is Good For The Goose

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/09/08 at 12:51 pm

All this comingling of religion and politics is making me very uncomfortable. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/2ar15smilie.gif

Written By: Macphisto on 09/09/08 at 5:56 pm

Why isn't the media all over this?  Because if it favors redneck evangelicals, it's ok.

God forbid a preacher like Wright mention the class issues and frustration that black people face.  On the other hand, if you're a Zionist Rapture zombie, you're A-OK.

In short, Palin's loonies are acceptable since they make up a larger portion of the population than Wright's fanatics, and they also tend to have more money.

Say hello to the American Taliban.

Written By: Red Ant on 09/09/08 at 8:32 pm

Thoughts? Comments? 

I have thought about this since McSame announced Failin would be his VP. About the best I can say, and forgive my tactlessness, is that anyone who votes for the Republican ticket in this election is clinically retarded and should be sterilized. I'm not saying vote for Obama/Biden, but anyone who votes for a party guaranteed to sh*t up the country (for the slow, that's McCailin) more than it already has been is more than a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

What are Sarah Palin's qualifications again?

~ Runner up to Miss Alaska or something like that
------ Congratulations, Sarah, you aren't as hideous as Janet Reno or Alaskan wildlife. Heck, I might even toss one off to a Photoshopped pic of you if I were really drunk. It all matters not in the political arena.

~ Was a sports or newscaster for a while (a day?)
------ Congratulations, Sarah, you can read a teleprompter. That'll come in handy when you're dodging questions about various other subjects, like everything thrown your direction.

~ Mother of 5 kids
----- Congratulations, Sarah, you have a functioning reproductive system and the drive to use it. So do at least a few billion other women on this planet. Big time congrats for being a raging hypocrite on using your uterus any way you want to while espousing views quite the opposite. Even South Dakota didn't pass abortions laws as nutty as your own personal beliefs. By the way, how is that 'abstinence-for-teens' philosophy working out? Nevermind, you're too busy looking pretty - I'll ask your daughter...

~ Mayor of Warsilla
----- Starts with "war". Unfair, but good enough for me. I think nearly anyone could run a town of 9k people.

~ Governess of Alaska
----- For a whole 20 months. You've been pregnant longer than you've governed one of the least populated states. 90% approval rating? I can't imagine how bad the previous governor was to get those kind of numbers.

~ Hunts big game animals (lifetime member NRA)
----- Congratulations, Sarah, you finally scored a plus with me... most likely by accident, but at least your probably not looking to help pass any more idiotic gun laws.

~ You accepted an offer from John McFlipflop at face value.
----- I wouldn't trust that man to make me a cup of coffee w/o hosing it up.

~ Your "religion"
----- If so-called "Christians" wonder why people detest them so much, they don't need to look any further than you, Sarah Palin. Being pro-life, anti-gay and pro-creationism puts you in a minority, though there are still a lot more of you out there than people like me. Unfortunately, evolution is a painfully slow process...

(that she is some sect of Christian matters not... well, okay, it matters a lot. If Sarah Palin were Muslim, the Repub ticket would be gullitined immediately. Tell me again, what's the difference between religions?)

~ Other
----- You smoked pot before and admitted to it. Alaska has pretty liberal marijuana possession laws. A small plus in your favor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ignoring all that ^ for a minute: God wants a pipeline through Alaska as much as he wants 30,000+ kids a day worldwide to starve to death.

Ant

Written By: SemperYoda on 09/09/08 at 8:56 pm

I have thought about this since McSame announced Failin would be his VP. About the best I can say, and forgive my tactlessness, is that anyone who votes for the Republican ticket in this election is clinically retarded and should be sterilized. I'm not saying vote for Obama/Biden, but anyone who votes for a party guaranteed to sh*t up the country (for the slow, that's McCailin) more than it already has been is more than a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

What are Sarah Palin's qualifications again?

~ Runner up to Miss Alaska or something like that
------ Congratulations, Sarah, you aren't as hideous as Janet Reno or Alaskan wildlife. Heck, I might even toss one off to a Photoshopped pic of you if I were really drunk. It all matters not in the political arena.

~ Was a sports or newscaster for a while (a day?)
------ Congratulations, Sarah, you can read a teleprompter. That'll come in handy when you're dodging questions about various other subjects, like everything thrown your direction.

~ Mother of 5 kids
----- Congratulations, Sarah, you have a functioning reproductive system and the drive to use it. So do at least a few billion other women on this planet. Big time congrats for being a raging hypocrite on using your uterus any way you want to while espousing views quite the opposite. Even South Dakota didn't pass abortions laws as nutty as your own personal beliefs. By the way, how is that 'abstinence-for-teens' philosophy working out? Nevermind, you're too busy looking pretty - I'll ask your daughter...

~ Mayor of Warsilla
----- Starts with "war". Unfair, but good enough for me. I think nearly anyone could run a town of 9k people.

~ Governess of Alaska
----- For a whole 20 months. You've been pregnant longer than you've governed one of the least populated states. 90% approval rating? I can't imagine how bad the previous governor was to get those kind of numbers.

~ Hunts big game animals (lifetime member NRA)
----- Congratulations, Sarah, you finally scored a plus with me... most likely by accident, but at least your probably not looking to help pass any more idiotic gun laws.

~ You accepted an offer from John McFlipflop at face value.
----- I wouldn't trust that man to make me a cup of coffee w/o hosing it up.

~ Your "religion"
----- If so-called "Christians" wonder why people detest them so much, they don't need to look any further than you, Sarah Palin. Being pro-life, anti-gay and pro-creationism puts you in a minority, though there are still a lot more of you out there than people like me. Unfortunately, evolution is a painfully slow process...

(that she is some sect of Christian matters not... well, okay, it matters a lot. If Sarah Palin were Muslim, the Repub ticket would be gullitined immediately. Tell me again, what's the difference between religions?)

~ Other
----- You smoked pot before and admitted to it. Alaska has pretty liberal marijuana possession laws. A small plus in your favor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ignoring all that ^ for a minute: God wants a pipeline through Alaska as much as he wants 30,000+ kids a day worldwide to starve to death.

Ant

Uh Oh Red Ant, thats the stuff that is supposedly going to get McCain the nomination.  Any attack against Palin is considered sexist now.  ;D  The Republicans are quite a joke.  Well, the Democrats can be too, but the last 8 years and this election, the award goes to the Republicans. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/09/08 at 11:06 pm

I wouldn't mention either a goose or a gander around Sarah; she'd shoot 'em both out of the sky for fun!
::)

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/10/08 at 7:13 am

Uh Oh Red Ant, thats the stuff that is supposedly going to get McCain the nomination.  Any attack against Palin is considered sexist now.  ;D  The Republicans are quite a joke.  Well, the Democrats can be too, but the last 8 years and this election, the award goes to the Republicans. 

Very well stated....She is such an obvious ploy to woo women voters.

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/10/08 at 10:50 am

Rev Wright might be a bitter old black man, but given the experiences of his generation (Jim Crow, lynchings, etc) who can blame him?  On the other hand, what is Palin's excuse?

Written By: thereshegoes on 09/10/08 at 12:38 pm

Rev Wright might be a bitter old black man, but given the experiences of his generation (Jim Crow, lynchings, etc) who can blame him?  On the other hand, what is Palin's excuse?

Revenge of the ditzy cheerleaders?

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/10/08 at 1:40 pm

You should hear what Chick has to say about Catholics....http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0082/0082_01.asp

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/10/08 at 8:49 pm

Revenge of the ditzy cheerleaders?

;D ;D ;D

Written By: limblifter on 09/11/08 at 12:11 am

A vice president that shoots at geese. I guess that's a little better than shooting 80 year old men in the face.

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/11/08 at 12:14 am

A vice president that shoots at geese. I guess that's a little better than shooting 80 year old men in the face.

"Everybody run!  The Vice President's got a gun!"

Where's Julie Brown when we need her?  (This election's like the Cinderella ride.  Definitely an E ticket.)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/12/08 at 1:23 am

"Everybody run!  The Vice President's got a gun!"

Where's Julie Brown when we need her?  (This election's like the Cinderella ride.  Definitely an E ticket.)

I did it for...Johnny!

We finally find out who "Johnny" is!
;)

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/12/08 at 11:25 am

You should hear what Chick has to say about Catholics....http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0082/0082_01.asp

Yea, this is that Old Time Religion regurgitated.  Those fundamentalists hat those Papists to pieces.  Someone should ask Sarah about this.

Check for new replies or respond here...