» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Obama still Recovering from Hurricane Sarah

Written By: GWBush2004 on 09/09/08 at 1:27 pm

Sarah Palin of course.

http://i34.tinypic.com/11aj0pf.gif

http://www.gallup.com/home.aspx

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

I know these numbers will likely even out to being around a tie nationally before the debates start late this month, but Obama's 5-7 point post-convention lead sure is dead.  Five point lead nationally for McCain in gallup, tied in Rasmussen, McCain up four in USA Today among registered voters and up ten points (54%-44%) over Obama among likely voters in USA Today.

And McCain got more viewers than Obama in his acceptance speech (38.9 million to 38.3 million.)  That surprised me.

Subject: Re: Obama still Recovering from Hurricane Sarah

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/09/08 at 1:30 pm

Sarah's not running for President is she?  I think it's kind of funny how McCain has taken second fiddle to a dominatrix from Alaska.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/09/08 at 1:45 pm

Sarah's not running for President is she?  I think it's kind of funny how McCain has taken second fiddle to a dominatrix from Alaska.

That is because McCain is up there in age and has had melanoma 4 times and it is possible that he may not survive 4 years which leave the "dominatrix from Alaska". Scary thought, huh?

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/09/08 at 1:48 pm

That is because McCain is up there in age and has had melanoma 4 times and it is possible that he may not survive 4 years which leave the "dominatrix from Alaska". Scary thought, huh?

Cat

4 years of the Alaskan Dominatrix may destroy the Republican party.  The problem is can we survive 4 years of a Hockey Mom who has chronic PMS and a gun?

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/09/08 at 2:57 pm

Anyone hear Obama on the O'Riley Show?

Obama was stuttering!

If Obama keeps this up, I'll be on the McBush/Ms. Cheney wagon!

Written By: Macphisto on 09/09/08 at 5:44 pm

The big question is...  Will Palin become the GOP's Hillary?

Written By: SemperYoda on 09/09/08 at 8:16 pm

Obama was stuttering!

Interesting, O'Reilly basically said that Obama is definitely not a wuss after meeting him in this interview.  He got his point across in my opinion.

If he keeps that up?  He's still a brilliant candidate and it takes "stuttering" to move you to the other side.  Amazing.   

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/09/08 at 10:55 pm

Obama was stuttering!

Who can get a word in edgewise on the BillO show?
::)

The fact that any polls could even be fudged to appear remotely close makes me want to go hide in the Amazon jungle!  Sarah Palin?  You gotta be sh*tting me!

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/10/08 at 11:01 am

Obama was stuttering!

Actually I thought he did a great job of neutering the wind bag.  the fact that he stuttered a bit is a normal response when you don't have part answers to questions and you are trying to formulate your response, but I guess some people are so glib that this doesn't apply to them.

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/10/08 at 1:33 pm

Interesting, O'Reilly basically said that Obama is definitely not a wuss after meeting him in this interview.  He got his point across in my opinion.

If he keeps that up?  He's still a brilliant candidate and it takes "stuttering" to move you to the other side.  Amazing.   

IMO-I could go with the fact that Winston Churchill stutters, but has Obama been stuttering a lot lately?

Written By: Tia on 09/10/08 at 3:36 pm

stuttering? doesn't sound like it to me.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/09/10/obama-calls-out-fox-news-and-sean-hannity-as-promoting-hate-against-himself/

Written By: iquestion on 09/10/08 at 4:16 pm

Maybe I will sit out until the final leg of the race?

No matter if the polls show each ahead until then, all this means nothing..ENJOY THE RACE if you don't hear from me on the political front!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/10/08 at 6:40 pm

Maybe I will sit out until the final leg of the race?

No matter if the polls show each ahead until then, all this means nothing..ENJOY THE RACE if you don't hear from me on the political front!

But what shall I do without your pearls of wit and wisdom?
:\'(

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/12/08 at 12:17 pm

stuttering? doesn't sound like it to me.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/09/10/obama-calls-out-fox-news-and-sean-hannity-as-promoting-hate-against-himself/

Yea, I saw part of that before and he did hold his own.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/12/08 at 4:01 pm

For whatever reason Obama is dipping in the polls now...McCain is up but it's still within the margin of error, but this is like almost a week McCain has been leading Obama.  WTF.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/12/08 at 4:49 pm

For whatever reason Obama is dipping in the polls now...McCain is up but it's still within the margin of error, but this is like almost a week McCain has been leading Obama.  WTF.

Wait till the debates.  There's no way Palin can stand up to Biden.  Perhaps then Hurricane Sarah will be downgraded to a light thunderstorm. :)

Written By: Macphisto on 09/12/08 at 5:06 pm

Identity politics...  nothing less, nothing more...

People support or are against Obama because of his race, and people support or are against Palin because of her gender.

There really are ex-Hillary supporters that are supporting Palin now despite her not having anything in common with Hillary in policy.

But hey...  If Americans are stupid enough to put race and gender ahead of policy, they deserve the biggest idiots they can find.  For the minority of us that actually care about policy, we're basically just stuck with the burdens of idiocy.

Written By: Dagwood on 09/12/08 at 5:20 pm

Polls don't mean crap.  You can skew them to say what you want.  The only poll that really counts is the one on the first Tuesday in November.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/12/08 at 5:22 pm

The problem is that there are people who will just stay home if the polls suggest that their votes don't matter, so whoever skews them the best could ultimately decide the winner...  :-\\

*iz scared*

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/12/08 at 5:23 pm

Polls don't mean crap.  You can skew them to say what you want.  The only poll that really counts is the one on the first Tuesday in November.

Can't tell you how many times I have said the exact same thing.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 09/12/08 at 5:32 pm

The problem is that there are people who will just stay home if the polls suggest that their votes don't matter, so whoever skews them the best could ultimately decide the winner...  :-\\

*iz scared*

I don't think that will happen as much this election as in past elections.  I think this time around people are going to vote for their candidate so the "other" one doesn't win, regardless of which side the fall on the political scale.  Also, there will be those who want to be part of an historical election.  Either way, it will be history.  Either the first African American President or the first female Vice President.

Written By: iquestion on 09/12/08 at 8:42 pm

But what shall I do without your pearls of wit and wisdom?
:\'(

There will be ups and downs of polls from here out, with what I can add, I only have had a pretty good record when it came to predicting or supporting the Bush win and other elections in union positions for office, and I am not ready to call this one yet..feeling another shoe may drop here.
1.Palin may fade out of the running  2. Biden may give it up for one reason or another...

Any others see this coming?
THEN YOU CAN MAY A REAL NECKLACE WITH MY PEARLS IF THIS PLAYS OUT:)

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/13/08 at 7:35 am

IMO-I could go with the fact that Winston Churchill stutters, but has Obama been stuttering a lot lately?

I once had a boss who was an incredible A***h*** and the first 1 or 2 times that I pushed back (verbally) on him, hard, he would start stuttering and go away.  (Nobody tried to bully LyricBoy in the workplace, as LB always has a fresh can of verbal whoop ass at the ready).

Quickly I learned that once I could push hard enough to make him stutter, he was pwned (before "pwned" was a word).  Of course being the team player that I am, I shared this knowledge with my coworkers and everybody did the same thing to him if he attempted his cr@p.

The bully vanished and soon was dismissed.  He then reappeared at a competitor's company and I heard stories that his bullying was going on again.  Hey, what the heck, I called one of the guys over there and shared my "secret" with him, and they did him in.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/13/08 at 3:43 pm

No thanks, dude!
:P

Written By: Macphisto on 09/13/08 at 9:16 pm

There will be ups and downs of polls from here out, with what I can add, I only have had a pretty good record when it came to predicting or supporting the Bush win and other elections in union positions for office, and I am not ready to call this one yet..feeling another shoe may drop here.
1.Palin may fade out of the running  2. Biden may give it up for one reason or another...

Did somebody say "pearl necklace?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmBe4g4hnYU

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/13/08 at 10:00 pm

Wait till the debates.  There's no way Palin can stand up to Biden.  Perhaps then Hurricane Sarah will be downgraded to a light thunderstorm. :)

She doesn't have to stand up to Biden.  They'll call Biden a bully and revert back to 'no fairsies' and 'ain't no way to treat a lady' if he flattens her in the debate.  These people are shameless!

Written By: iquestion on 09/14/08 at 2:44 am

No thanks, dude!
:P

Not sure, since I'm new to your messageboard, if the 'pearls' remark is just a snide aside or you are letting me make my points - as I have listed comments from the various sides of media on certain issues -along with some of my input, based on what I hear and researched -or if you just are posting one sided arguments and rants?

Upon recently joining in, I mentioned I am biased to a point as a person on the far right..maybe you have further 'enlightening observations' or just propaganda drivel?

Just a couple of more pearls to throw to anyone who also wants to 'discuss'.

As I have seen much chat and some opposing sides to my view on the BUSH/HUSSEIN conflict, I will add my voice to the DOCUMENTED points that just stuff the truth into the faces of those who are point the blame at BUSH for starting the WMD talk and going in after Saddam.

Have some pearls:

1. As succinctly as I can put it..There are many recordings that politicians are heard saying Saddam is a threat and must be dealt with,we MUST get him..etc..DID YOU KNOW many were from the Democrats?

How about this...much of that was being said BEFORE Bush was in office!

Who had the info on the 'possible' WMD's? George Tenet...appointed by the Clinton/Gore administration!
Bush kept him AND apparently/sadly BELIEVED him as well, and kept him on through his own term.

When testifying in the 9-11 report Tenet's own words Saddam having WMD'S:'It's a slam dunk!'

So for  'those' still bringing up Bush's fault..look closer.

2. The Biden crowd..He's ben sitting in the Senate since 1973. He was involved in Senate Foreign relations since 1975(?)76.

Before 9-11 the country was attacked 11 times (I was told by way of a broadcaster on a network owned station)...
    and when Clinton had THAT chance for Bin Laden BEFORE Bush had to lose him in the rocks..Biden sure didn't speak up to take him..he said we musn't disturb the leaders in the Mid-East.

I sure don't want this Biden for a VP based..on  this load of display.

If anyone else wants him..you can have him.

iquestion       

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/14/08 at 7:17 am

Not sure, since I'm new to your messageboard, if the 'pearls' remark is just a snide aside ...

I think the pearls that he was talking about were those that ZZ Top sang of in their classic tune "Pearl Necklace". 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/14/08 at 10:08 am

She doesn't have to stand up to Biden.  They'll call Biden a bully and revert back to 'no fairsies' and 'ain't no way to treat a lady' if he flattens her in the debate.  These people are shameless!

He doesn't have to appear as a bully.  With her ideology, she'll shoot herself in the foot.

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/14/08 at 11:21 am

He doesn't have to appear as a bully.  With her ideology, she'll shoot herself in the foot.

Lets hope so.  But he can't be too aggressive

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/15/08 at 12:34 am

You know, I hate to say it this way, but if Palin was the same Palin, except she weighed 350 pounds and had a wart on her nose, she wouldn't even be in the running.

Heck, if she was the same Sarah, but pro-choice, she wouldn't have been allowed on the ticket.

Sarah likes to shoot a moose,
But not for women to have the right to choose!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/15/08 at 7:40 am

You know, I hate to say it this way, but if Palin was the same Palin, except she weighed 350 pounds and had a wart on her nose, she wouldn't even be in the running.

Heck, if she was the same Sarah, but pro-choice, she wouldn't have been allowed on the ticket.

Sarah likes to shoot a moose,
But not for women to have the right to choose!

They wanted to one up Hillary.  Prettier ans someone who appears less bitchy and family oriented. 

Her political theories are flawed beyond belief.

Can't wait till she goes up against Biden.

Check for new replies or respond here...