» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: US Elections - The inthe00s Poll

Written By: thereshegoes on 09/13/08 at 2:13 pm

Have you made up your mind about who you're going to vote for?

Let's see who would win in our tiny inthe00s forum.

Subject: Re: US Elections - The inthe00s Poll

Written By: Macphisto on 09/13/08 at 2:16 pm

I'm not voting.  I had originally leaned toward Obama, but I'm starting to find out some very disturbing things about my government -- especially with regard to 9/11 -- that would implicate that neither party is interested in representing me.

As Megadeth put it...  "The System Has Failed."

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/13/08 at 2:31 pm

I'm not voting.  I had originally leaned toward Obama, but I'm starting to find out some very disturbing things about my government -- especially with regard to 9/11 -- that would implicate that neither party is interested in representing me.

As Megadeth put it...  "The System Has Failed."

I agree...except I am definitely voting for Obama/Biden. 

McCain/Palin is the most terrifying ticket I've seen in my life.  I guess since they figured out they could just steal elections, all bets are off!
:o

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/13/08 at 2:33 pm

I don't like either of the main candidates, so I'm not sure what to do.  I guess I've still got a little bit of time to decide.  :-\\

Written By: Henk on 09/13/08 at 2:51 pm

I don't like either of the main candidates, so I'm not sure what to do.  I guess I've still got a little bit of time to decide.  :-\\

How about McKinney/Clemente? Does that work for you? ::)

Written By: Macphisto on 09/13/08 at 2:53 pm

Oh noes :(

Do you wanna "sell" me your vote? See 'cause i can't vote but want Obama to win,you vote in my turn and make me happy,yes?  :D

Well, to be honest...  With my immediate family being strongly Democrat, I'll probably end up voting for Obama just to make them happy....  lol

Seriously though, I would agree with Max that Palin scares the hell out of me.  McCain was more tolerable as a candidate by himself, but Palin just turned his ticket into stealth fundamentalism.

So when it comes to social policy, I definitely prefer Obama, but when it comes to foreign poilcy, I just don't like our government in general.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/13/08 at 2:54 pm

It would work for me, but I'm pretty far Left for an American.  McKinney has just about as good a chance as I do, and I'm not even running!
::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/13/08 at 2:54 pm

Obama.

Does that surprise anyone?  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/13/08 at 4:12 pm

As far as I know, they aren't even available to vote on in my state, although I think so sued last month to be allowed on the ballot.

I did vote Green party one year, because I didn't like who ran, but I forget now which election.  Politics doesn't really interest me all the much anyway.  It's not like my vote is gonna make a big difference anyway.

Written By: Dagwood on 09/13/08 at 4:21 pm

Obama.

Cat

I'm shocked. ;) ;D

As of right now probably Obama.  I won't know for sure until November, though.

Written By: Henk on 09/13/08 at 4:46 pm

As far as I know, they aren't even available to vote on in my state, although I think so sued last month to be allowed on the ballot.

I did vote Green party one year, because I didn't like who ran, but I forget now which election.  Politics doesn't really interest me all the much anyway.  It's not like my vote is gonna make a big difference anyway.

A lot of people feel that way unfortunately (not only in US).  Still... I think it's better to vote anyway. It's the power of all those votes combined that make a change.

As for me...Well, obviously I'm not allowed to vote. But if I was, I'd pick Obama. He's really far more popular than McCain over here (surprise, surprise).

Written By: nally on 09/13/08 at 11:10 pm

Well, I've always voted Democratic, and during the primaries I was hoping that Hillary would get the nomination...so I'll be selecting Obama.

I have to agree with Max's comment on Mccain:

McCain/Palin is the most terrifying ticket I've seen in my life.  I guess since they figured out they could just steal elections, all bets are off!

Written By: Brian06 on 09/13/08 at 11:14 pm

Well I don't want another 4 years of Bush policies so I'm voting Obama.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/briand06/mccain_bush-hug.jpg

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/13/08 at 11:27 pm

I'll be voting for John McCain because I lean a lot more to the right than I do to the left. Since I've been voting, I can't remember the last time I felt good about who I was voting for.  wait...I take that back. When I voted for Bill Clinton in 1992 I felt that he was the "right" choice.   It just seems that no matter who we get, they all end up dissapointing more than half the country, so I hope that whoever becomes the next president will strengthen our country and not weaken it. 

Written By: audkal on 09/14/08 at 12:00 am

I'll be voting for John McCain because I lean a lot more to the right than I do to the left. Since I've been voting, I can't remember the last time I felt good about who I was voting for.  wait...I take that back. When I voted for Bill Clinton in 1992 I felt that he was the "right" choice.   It just seems that no matter who we get, they all end up dissapointing more than half the country, so I hope that whoever becomes the next president will strengthen our country and not weaken it. 

I'm also voting for John McCain.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/14/08 at 10:29 am

Obama by default.  I'm not even going to go into why.

Written By: La Roche on 09/14/08 at 10:49 am

It's shameful to have to pick between a demented old man and a fundamentalist moron and an inexperienced community organizer and one of the ultimate Washington Insiders.

Jesse Ventura, where are you when we need you!

I dare say I'll vote for Barack Obama, especially seeing as there's no way he can lose in my state.

Written By: thereshegoes on 09/14/08 at 8:53 pm

Bad finger,bad! You just have the hots for Sarah,admit it :P

I hate that talk! Every vote counts and even if politics are not your thing you have to remember that it affects your life everyday with their policies and laws. Don't let someone else decide for you,Patty. It's the only power we as citizens have, we must use it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/14/08 at 11:54 pm

Obama by default.  I'm not even going to go into why.

No need to, believe me.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/14/08 at 11:59 pm

;D  I'm so busted... in fact Lady Di & I were just discussing earlier that Di would look cute with those Palin specs.  anyways, I'm voting for McCain, she just coincidently happens to be on the ticket.  ::)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/15/08 at 4:34 am

If eligible - Obama. McCain/Palin seems kinda scary. Bush III? Four more years of the same. After 8 years you need a change in government anyhow.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/15/08 at 7:22 am

No need to, believe me.

Have you written your "It should have been you.  The American people don't know a good thing when they have it." letter to Dennis K. yet?

Written By: Tia on 09/15/08 at 8:56 am

obama for me, there's a shock. i sorta wish i didnt live in a battleground state so i could vote third party with a clear conscience but...

i actually volunteered for an obama fundraiser last weekend.

Written By: La Roche on 09/15/08 at 9:01 am

obama for me, there's a shock. i sorta wish i didnt live in a battleground state so i could vote third party with a clear conscience but...

i actually volunteered for an obama fundraiser last weekend.

I bumped in to a buddy of mine the other day who is now some hot shot in the local campaign office. He seemed pretty positive even after my jokes about his future and employment opportunities.  ;D

Written By: thereshegoes on 09/15/08 at 12:29 pm

Obama almost at 65%,i like our poll 8)

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/15/08 at 12:38 pm

I'm 51% for Obama and 49% for McCain.

I'll wait for 2012 so that I can get Palin in office!

If eligible - Obama. McCain/Palin seems kinda scary. Bush III? Four more years of the same. After 8 years you need a change in government anyhow.

In a way...we did in 2006 with Congress, but that didn't work out well.

Karma for you since I felt that way with Bush...until I found out about Gore and Edwards, but still I don't like Bush than I used to.

Written By: SemperYoda on 09/15/08 at 2:14 pm

Obama

Written By: audkal on 09/15/08 at 2:24 pm

Let's just face it now, all the candidates are hot!  ;D  LOL.

Palin's a beauty, Obama is completely gorgeous (I'd be lying if I said he wasn't ;) ).  Have you seen the videos of McCain around his POW days?  I must say, not bad!  8)  As for Biden, anyone have pics of him in his younger years? ::)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/15/08 at 2:29 pm

Let's just face it now, all the candidates are hot!  ;D  LOL.

Palin's a beauty, Obama is completely gorgeous (I'd be lying if I said he wasn't ;) ).  Have you seen the videos of McCain around his POW days?  I must say, not bad!  8)  As for Biden, anyone have pics of him in his younger years? ::)
and what about Ron Paul  ???    Poor RP, isn't anyone here voting for him? 

Written By: audkal on 09/15/08 at 2:35 pm

and what about Ron Paul   ???    Poor RP, isn't anyone here voting for him? 

Possibly, there are 2 votes in the "Other" category. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/15/08 at 2:37 pm

and what about Ron Paul   ???    Poor RP, isn't anyone here voting for him? 

Is he running? I know Bob Barr & Ralph Nader are and probably a few dozen of unknowns.

Cat

Written By: audkal on 09/15/08 at 3:11 pm

Is he running? I know Bob Barr & Ralph Nader are and probably a few dozen of unknowns.

Cat

I heard that he might, but I'm not sure if it was confirmed yet(?)

Written By: karen on 09/15/08 at 8:50 pm

No taxation without representation!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/15/08 at 9:39 pm

It's shameful to have to pick between a demented old man and a fundamentalist moron and an inexperienced community organizer and one of the ultimate Washington Insiders.

I dare say I'll vote for Barack Obama, especially seeing as there's no way he can lose in my state.

Oh, you're on the Illinois side of the StL?  Missouri's gonna be a tough one because McCain's got the Missoura vote...

I will vote for Obama but I'm not going to be 100% upset if McCain pulls it out.  That sounded dirty though, and that does upset me.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/15/08 at 9:40 pm

You're in OHIO.  It will make a difference, trust me.

Written By: La Roche on 09/15/08 at 10:36 pm

Oh, you're on the Illinois side of the StL?  Missouri's gonna be a tough one because McCain's got the Missoura vote...

I will vote for Obama but I'm not going to be 100% upset if McCain pulls it out.  That sounded dirty though, and that does upset me.

No, I live on the Missouri side I've just maintained Illinois residency, especially because I work in Illinois so much now as well.

Missouri is a hard state to call. On the one hand, you're right, McCain has the hick vote, at the same time Saint Louis, Columbia and Kansas City have more people in them than the rest of the state (by a decent margin) and tend to vote Democratic, it'll be close.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/15/08 at 10:43 pm

We can't let Sarah Palin get a chickenbone away from the presidency!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/16/08 at 10:43 am

You can't vote even though you are living in the country, huh?  :-\\

Cat

Written By: karen on 09/16/08 at 11:00 am

You can't vote even though you are living in the country, huh?  :-\\

Cat

Yep.  Still have to pay them taxes though.

Written By: Tia on 09/16/08 at 11:10 am

We can't let Sarah Palin get a chickenbone away from the presidency!
in what respect, charlie?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/16/08 at 11:12 am

in what respect, charlie?

He's not Charlie.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Tia on 09/16/08 at 11:21 am

He's not Charlie.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat
is he a USAmerican, such as, in iraq, and everywhere like such as?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/16/08 at 11:37 am

is he a USAmerican, such as, in iraq, and everywhere like such as?

What I meant is that there is a Charlie on the board.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 09/16/08 at 11:44 am

What I meant is that there is a Charlie on the board.

Cat
does he have maps?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/16/08 at 11:56 am

does he have maps?

In the car.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/16/08 at 12:53 pm

Ok what I am about to sais so incredibly sexists I can'st believe I'm going to say this. If McCain cacks off, do we really want a perimenopausal president? I only say this because I am in that state of transition and I know there are times when a WMD would come in really handy around my house ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/16/08 at 1:50 pm

Obama.

Cat

Nope.

Besides, I know someone who was born in New Hampshire and she knows that it isn't Bush Town.

I agree...except I am definitely voting for Obama/Biden. 

I thought Bush/Cheney was the scariest in your opinion...unless your opinion was Bush/Cheney was the worst President since George III.

Written By: La Roche on 09/16/08 at 2:43 pm

Yep.  Still have to pay them taxes though.

Go through the citizenship process, then vote in an election that matters.  ;)

Written By: thereshegoes on 09/16/08 at 3:47 pm

Omg,i missed this :o Our Reichstar is voting for a black man. This is a beautiful moment :D

Written By: La Roche on 09/16/08 at 3:58 pm

Omg,i missed this :o Our Reichstar is voting for a black man. This is a beautiful moment :D

;D

What's really funny, is that it's him I actually like, it's his policy concepts that I'm dubious about.

Written By: Tia on 09/16/08 at 3:59 pm

;D

What's really funny, is that it's him I actually like, it's his policy concepts that I'm dubious about.
but he's bringing back internment camps! it's just he's gonna stick whitey in em.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/16/08 at 4:23 pm

Ok what I am about to sais so incredibly sexists I can'st believe I'm going to say this. If McCain cacks off, do we really want a perimenopausal president? I only say this because I am in that state of transition and I know there are times when a WMD would come in really handy around my house ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I hear ya, sister. I know exactly what you are saying.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/16/08 at 4:27 pm

I hear ya, sister. I know exactly what you are saying.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Yup.............. ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/16/08 at 4:30 pm

Yup.............. ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

I am woman, hear me roar. Meow, Dammit.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: La Roche on 09/16/08 at 5:09 pm

but he's bringing back internment camps! it's just he's gonna stick whitey in em.

Herzog or Ford?

Funnily enough I was discussing internment camps earlier today, but that's a topic for another time and place.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/16/08 at 8:25 pm

If he puts Whitey Bulger in an internment camp, I'll buy him a beer at Foley's!
8)

(it's a Boston thing)

Written By: karen on 09/16/08 at 9:05 pm

Go through the citizenship process, then vote in an election that matters.  ;)

That presumes we want to stay here!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/16/08 at 9:12 pm

Nope.

Besides, I know someone who was born in New Hampshire and she knows that it isn't Bush Town.

I thought Bush/Cheney was the scariest in your opinion...unless your opinion was Bush/Cheney was the worst President since George III.

Times change, Mr. C., and so do superlatives!

I mean those to whom the superlatives are applied...which is to say...oh, buggar, this is why my stand-up career went nowhere!
:-[

I wasn't born in NH, but I grew up there and my folks still live up there...it's the most right-leaning state in the Northeast!

Written By: La Roche on 09/16/08 at 9:47 pm

That presumes we want to stay here!

Connecticut or Leicestershire.

Admittedly, I can't really see any hopes for comparison.

Written By: philbo on 09/17/08 at 9:07 am

Have some tea...

McCain seems like a nice enough old codger, but as president?  Still, I'd prefer him there to Romney or Huckerbee.  Things definitely look different from this side of the pond, though.  I'd suggest running a poll for non-Americans about who they'd prefer to see in the presidency, but I'm not sure it would be worth having more than one option ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...