» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: New McCain Posters, Courtesy of Jill Greenberg

Written By: Macphisto on 09/17/08 at 1:52 am

http://americandigest.org/jillgreenbeerg1.jpg
http://americandigest.org/jillgreenberg3.jpg

NSFW link: http://americandigest.org/jmccaincntgreenberg.jpg

Subject: Re: New McCain Posters, Courtesy of Jill Greenberg

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/17/08 at 2:46 am

my goodness, who in the heck puts out the effort to create this junk. Jill Greenberg? did she really do these?  if it's her, that's kinda sick and she really spends too much time spreading a message of hate.  are there any unflattering posters of Obama? let's see some of those too  8)

...just an extra note. there doesn't seem to be any goofy Obama posters like the McCain ones and there should be to make it more balanced and not so lopsided. anyways, if he (Obama) wins, the people that vote for him will be hating and complaining about him in...oh, I'd say about 2 to 3 years.  ::)

Written By: SemperYoda on 09/17/08 at 9:31 am

my goodness, who in the heck puts out the effort to create this junk. Jill Greenberg? did she really do these?  if it's her, that's kinda sick and she really spends too much time spreading a message of hate.  are there any unflattering posters of Obama? let's see some of those too  8)

...just an extra note. there doesn't seem to be any goofy Obama posters like the McCain ones and there should be to make it more balanced and not so lopsided. anyways, if he (Obama) wins, the people that vote for him will be hating and complaining about him in...oh, I'd say about 2 to 3 years.  ::)

If McCain is elected, I will be complaining on the first day.  :)

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/17/08 at 9:41 am

Sarcasm and humor don't have to be balanced, but that second one is in bad taste IMHO

Written By: Tia on 09/17/08 at 9:46 am

well, it's tough when obama didn't support the war and didnt cheat on his wife because she got into a car accident and wasn't hot anymore. i guess you could try doing him up like a black militant or something but obama just doesn't have the kind of record that lends itself to this sorta stuff.

Written By: Tia on 09/17/08 at 9:47 am

Sarcasm and humor don't have to be balanced, but that second one is in bad taste IMHO
i'm not sure if it's in bad taste, but it's actually just literally frightening. :o

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/17/08 at 9:58 am

well, it's tough when obama didn't support the war and didnt cheat on his wife because she got into a car accident and wasn't hot anymore. i guess you could try doing him up like a black militant or something but obama just doesn't have the kind of record that lends itself to this sorta stuff.

And there was that New Yorker cover cartoon with Barack as a Muslim and Michelle as a terrorist. 

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/17/08 at 10:00 am

i'm not sure if it's in bad taste, but it's actually just literally frightening. :o

That's why I said IMHO, it's in the eye of the beholder  ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/17/08 at 11:02 am

I know there's not much equity, nor does there need to be.  I just wanted to see what responses I'd get for being one of the few NON Obama people here. It just seems the majority of trash talking and slamming comes from the Obama supporters. the support of a presidential candidate can get pretty vicious at times, but I guess people need to expect it from both sides and not take it personally.

we really don't know everything about him, do we  ::)  ya never know what buried toxix waste will rise to the surface. & you're right. He doesn't have the record but he gives good speech and he makes ya feel good. anyways, maybe, if he wins, he might do a good job.

Written By: EthanM on 09/17/08 at 11:17 am

Take a look at amiright...obama is getting attacked way more often than mccain.

Written By: Tia on 09/17/08 at 11:18 am

I know there's not much equity, nor does there need to be.  I just wanted to see what responses I'd get for being one of the few NON Obama people here. It just seems the majority of trash talking and slamming comes from the Obama supporters. the support of a presidential candidate can get pretty vicious at times, but I guess people need to expect it from both sides and not take it personally.
i've had more than one mccain supporter call me a "n****rlover*, an "ape," and a bunch of similar stuff that's tough to even bring up without embarrassment, and then when i tell others i've been called that they say i'm making it up or playing the race card. i think a lot of obama supporters may have had experiences like that that they don't want to bring up but that affect their conduct.

anyway, the bitterness is probably more about the war and the economy than about mccain personally, he seems like a decent enough guy personally but it's hard for me not to think of him as the dude who's trying to give us four more years of war and this deregulated economy.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/17/08 at 11:24 am

we really don't know everything about him, do we  ::)  ya never know what buried toxix waste will rise to the surface. & you're right. He doesn't have the record but he gives good speech and he makes ya feel good. anyways, maybe, if he wins, he might do a good job.

I have a friend who is very far right. When I saw her last week she asked me what I thought of Palin (a subject I wasn't going to bring up but since she asked... ;D ;D ;D ). We both agree to disagree but yet I still trust her to take care of my cats when we go out of town.

Cat

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/17/08 at 12:35 pm

Take a look at amiright...obama is getting attacked way more often than mccain.
I find that hard to believe. I'll take a look when I get a chance

i've had more than one mccain supporter call me a "n****rlover*, an "ape," and a bunch of similar stuff that's tough to even bring up without embarrassment, and then when i tell others i've been called that they say i'm making it up or playing the race card. i think a lot of obama supporters may have had experiences like that that they don't want to bring up but that affect their conduct.

anyway, the bitterness is probably more about the war and the economy than about mccain personally, he seems like a decent enough guy personally but it's hard for me not to think of him as the dude who's trying to give us four more years of war and this deregulated economy.
Dave Chappel would have said the N word  ;D  and we would laugh. seriously, that kind of racial prejudice is sickening, but still prevalent, but hardly at all here in the SF bay area. I guess that personal attacks on a candidate are  supposed to make the other candidate seem more appealing? we have very strange campaign strategies here  ;D    the war will be over soon enough, irregardless of who's president, at least that's what I foresee, that  most troops will return.

I have a friend who is very far right. When I saw her last week she asked me what I thought of Palin (a subject I wasn't going to bring up but since she asked... ;D ;D ;D ). We both agree to disagree but yet I still trust her to take care of my cats when we go out of town.

Cat
that's the way to handle it, disagree, but maintain friendship. That's cool but she's probably going to brainwash your cats while your away  ::)

Written By: Jessica on 09/17/08 at 1:57 pm

Well, it's not the same thing as a poster or picture, but:

http://www.obamawaffles.com/pages/indexPALIN.html

Written By: Macphisto on 09/17/08 at 11:52 pm

I just thought they were funny.  But yeah, it turns out that Jill had a photo shoot with McCain for the Atlantic, and this was what she did with the pictures in her private time.  They somehow got leaked to the net, and voila.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/18/08 at 7:52 pm

I just wish the media could put aside a president's personal stuff, and actually focus on his work and what they're actually accomplishing. What if FDR were president now? No way. The media would leak out that he's crippled, cheated on his wife (and still was cheating on his wife,) etc. Do we need this senseless information?What really remains is that FDR did his job, and did it well. Many other presidents I'm sure had similar personal problems that we just either never heard of during their presidency or weren't go to find out until years later.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/18/08 at 8:04 pm

I just thought they were funny.  But yeah, it turns out that Jill had a photo shoot with McCain for the Atlantic, and this was what she did with the pictures in her private time.  They somehow got leaked to the net, and voila.
I'm sure lots of people are amused and thats cool. they just seem very macabre  :o

Written By: philbo on 09/19/08 at 5:38 am

When you say "somehow got leaked onto the net", did you mean "published by the photographer on her own website" (manipulator.com)?

Written By: Macphisto on 09/19/08 at 11:09 pm

When you say "somehow got leaked onto the net", did you mean "published by the photographer on her own website" (manipulator.com)?

There's a listing for McCain, but I can't access it.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/20/08 at 1:23 am

that's the new definition of leaked onto the net

Written By: danootaandme on 09/20/08 at 5:45 am

....well there was the secret terrorist fist bump he and Michelle traded  ::)

Dave Chappel would have said the N word  ;D  and we would laugh. seriously, that kind of racial prejudice is sickening, but still prevalent, but hardly at all here in the SF bay area.

My sister moved back from SF bay area about 2 years ago after being there 25 years.  She would disagree with there being hardly any racial prejudice is the bay area, though Boston does continue to be worse.

Written By: philbo on 09/22/08 at 3:35 am

There's a listing for McCain, but I can't access it.

That's where I first spotted the pictures, having read a reference to it here - I was going to post an article linking to the pix then, but because it's all in Flash, it would have meant copying & hosting the file elsewhere.. I had a feeling someone else would do that eventually.

Check for new replies or respond here...