» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Kim Jong-Il has stroke

Written By: Mushroom on 09/21/08 at 10:59 pm

I was not sure if I should post this in the Culture page, or the Politics page.  But since Mr. Kim is among other things a world leader, I thought it should be put here.

Now he may (or may not) have had a stroke.  He may (or may not) be dead.  He may (or may not) be dying.  I guess it all depends.

But you have to admit, this man is multi-tallented.  According to North Korean reports, he regularly shoots 3-4 hole-in-ones every time he goes to the gold course (on 7,700 yard courses no less!).  And the very first time he went bowling, he scored a 300.

Not to mention the face he has a best selling book on the history of the Cinema.

Let us all pray (or hope, since North Korea is an athiestic nation) for his speedy recovery.  After all, we would not want his perfect score of unanimous elections as dictator of N. Korea to be upset by something as trivial as death.

Subject: Re: Kim Jong-Il has stroke

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/21/08 at 11:37 pm

So I heard.  It's hard to say I wish him well.  So I won't.
  :P

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/22/08 at 12:21 am

So ronery, so ronery...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/22/08 at 12:28 am

This prick spends 100 grand a year just on cognac while his subjects strip the countryside of vegetation not fit for human consumption.  The rich family on the block gets to eat doggie drumsticks for Suanday dinner!

So Fuh - Kim!

When he dies you'll be able to hear the keening half-way around the world, just like when his old man croaked.  Those poor North Koreans know nothing else.
>:(

Written By: philbo on 09/22/08 at 3:36 am

I'm surprised the national papers haven't all run with

Kim Jong Ill

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/22/08 at 3:43 am

We used to joke and say that Castro had died years ago and the Cubans just propped up his body, for propaganda purposes ala Weekend at Bernies ;D ;D ;D ;DMaybe the same is true of this |"illustrious" leader.

Written By: Mushroom on 09/22/08 at 8:15 am

This prick spends 100 grand a year just on cognac while his subjects strip the countryside of vegetation not fit for human consumption.  The rich family on the block gets to eat doggie drumsticks for Suanday dinner!

His lifestyle and claims are truely mind boggling.  Before I wrote the start, I read through his Wikipedia article, and found some amazing things that I did not know.  And that is what I actually opened with.  He (or at least his government) really does claim that on his first time playing golf, he scored 4 holes in one, and does this every time he plays.  And his first ever game of bowling he scored a perfect 300.

I can only imagine how nervous his score keepers are when they record for him.

"World's largest divot.  Well, that is the same as a hole in one I guess."

"Gutter ball.  Well, that is the fault of the capitolist pigs that made the ball.  To show solidarity with the opressed workers of the world, we will record that as a strike (since that is what the workers should do to the capitolist swine)."

In fact, a little digging came up with some photos of this historic event:

http://www.anyonefortee.com/Shots/Kim2.html

On a serious note however, it is appaling what his country has been going through.  Millions dead through starvation.  A justice system that makes China look kind and peacefull.  Kidnaping foreigners simply because he wants them to work for his film industry.  And in 2007 while his people starved, he bought a fleet of 200 new Mercedes sedans for $20,000,000.

At least the leaders of the USSR used good old Peoples Workers built Zil sedans.

As for the Doggie Drumsticks, that is largely a cultural thing.  Dog is commonly found on the menu in South Korea also.  In much the same way many people in the South eat chitlins and greens. 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/22/08 at 11:56 am

North Korea has a problem if he dies.  No one has been groomed to take his place.  Who knows maybe some sort of democracy will slip through, it could happen.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/22/08 at 11:58 am

Maybe Arec Bardwin?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/22/08 at 12:01 pm

Maybe Arec Bardwin?

He's got the demeanor for the job.  How fast can he learn Korean?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/22/08 at 12:45 pm

Durka durka durka...

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/22/08 at 7:21 pm

As for the Doggie Drumsticks, that is largely a cultural thing.  Dog is commonly found on the menu in South Korea also.  In much the same way many people in the South eat chitlins and greens. 

You oughtta try the doggie spare ribs.  They taste great with favabeans and a nice chianti.  :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/22/08 at 9:26 pm

You oughtta try the doggie spare ribs.  They taste great with favabeans and a nice chianti.   :P

I loves me some stewed kitty entrails! Yum yum yum!!!!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/cat3.gif

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/23/08 at 10:38 am

I loves me some stewed kitty entrails! Yum yum yum!!!!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/cat3.gif

Cats, the other white meat!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/23/08 at 11:18 am

I like cats. They taste just like chicken.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/23/08 at 6:01 pm

I like cats. They taste just like chicken.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Do you like 'em with catsup?
:D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/23/08 at 6:04 pm

Maybe Arec Bardwin?

You put Arec Bardwin in charge, just wait see how much he spend on riquor for his paraces every year!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/smilejap.gif

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/23/08 at 6:30 pm

Kim be strokin'.  :o :o :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGVnH39UzI8

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/23/08 at 10:04 pm

ACW's been correct (most notably on the question of the attack on the Syrian reactor that got swept under the rug last year) more often than it's been wrong.  I hope that continues.  Because if not, whoever is in charge of NK has just done the real-world equivalent of a "FACK YOU, HANS BRIX!!!"

Just because the reactor's down doesn't mean their stash of spent fuel can't be reprocessed into something very nasty, for sale to the highest bidder.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/23/08 at 10:20 pm

Does democracy mean we have to hold an erection?
:-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...