» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Sarah Palin fails to answer questions in latest softball interview

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/25/08 at 7:18 am

http://www.americablog.com/2008/09/this-is-why-mccain-canceled-debates.html

Katie Couric isn't exactly a hardcore interviewer... watch Palin spew talking points with nothing to back them up

Palin: I can give you examples of things that John McCain has done, that has shown his foresight, his pragmatism, and his leadership abilities. And that is what America needs today.

Couric: I'm just going to ask you one more time - not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation.

Palin: I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to you.

I'm sure there are some examples of John McCain acting tough in the Senate, but here she says point blank she can give you examples, and then when asked for them, can't.

Not a surprise that the VP debate format is going to be 90 second answers.  Any longer than that, and you're out of sound bite territory.

Subject: Re: Sarah Palin fails to answer questions in latest softball interview

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/25/08 at 2:33 pm

Most all interviews with Palin are staged.  Every times she opens her mouth to speak her own mind she ends up messing up.  She claims were heading for a Depression, true or not the use of that term does not win you votes.

Written By: Macphisto on 09/25/08 at 5:03 pm

She's pretty empty as far as candidates go.  Of course, her emptiness seems to appeal to a lot of empty-headed voters.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/25/08 at 10:31 pm

Hello, Marge Gunderson here, I'll have to gooo ask him and I'll get back to yah! Okey-doke!
:D

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/29/08 at 12:03 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeMypXCUWMw

the interview was the source of this week's SNL opening sketch.  pretty bad when they don't even need to change the words, they just repeat what she says

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/29/08 at 10:57 am

It would be funny if it weren't so tragic

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/29/08 at 10:06 pm

It would be funny if it weren't so tragic

From my POV, it would be tragic if it weren't so funny!
:D

Check for new replies or respond here...