» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: McCain blows off Letterman for Katie Couric.

Written By: Jessica on 09/25/08 at 9:02 am

So the gist of it is that McCain was supposed to be on Letterman last night, but cancelled at the last minute because he had to fly back to DC to help with the economic crisis.  He lied.  Later in the show, while Keith Olbermann is filling in for McCain, Letterman finds out that McCain was DOWN THE STREET interviewing with Katie Couric.  Ouch.

Here's the clip.  Letterman and Paul mock him for a while, then about 6 1/2 minutes in, they find out he was with Couric.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjkCrfylq-E

Not sure how long the video will stay up, so watch it while you can. :D

Subject: Re: McCain blows off Letterman for Katie Couric.

Written By: philbo on 09/25/08 at 9:21 am

You had my hopes up when I read "McCain blows off Letterman"...

Written By: Jessica on 09/25/08 at 9:24 am

You had my hopes up when I read "McCain blows off Letterman"...

;D

Written By: danootaandme on 09/25/08 at 9:55 am

HHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAHHHHHHAAAA

BUSTED!!!!!   

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/25/08 at 11:10 am

What can one say?  The man is a @#*@ opportunist.  But Letterman is right about Palin.  Why, he asks rhetorically, is she being so protected?

Written By: nally on 09/25/08 at 11:13 am

So the gist of it is that McCain was supposed to be on Letterman last night, but cancelled at the last minute because he had to fly back to DC to help with the economic crisis.  He lied.  Later in the show, while Keith Olbermann is filling in for McCain, Letterman finds out that McCain was DOWN THE STREET interviewing with Katie Couric.  Ouch.

Here's the clip.  Letterman and Paul mock him for a while, then about 6 1/2 minutes in, they find out he was with Couric.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjkCrfylq-E

Not sure how long the video will stay up, so watch it while you can. :D

Weird. Way to play hooky. ::)

HHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAHHHHHHAAAA

BUSTED!!!!!   

:D

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/25/08 at 12:20 pm

just coming on to post this

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2008/09/letterman-chide.html

You’re a fourth term senator from Arizona. You handle what you need to handle. Don’t suspend your campaign. You let your campaign go on, shouldered by your vice presidential nominee. That’s what you do…

You say, I gotta get back to Washington to save this country. Good for you. And while I’m gone, campaigning in my stead will be my great running mate from the state of Alaska, Sarah Palin. And she comes out and campaigns. What happened there? What’s the problem? Why isn’t she doing that?

gee, where's Sarah?  oh yeah... hiding.  Three interviews during a tine when Biden has clocked over 100.

Check for new replies or respond here...