» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Taliban Top Ten list

Written By: Shacks Train on 09/27/08 at 4:01 am

10. You refine heroin for a living, but you have a moral objection to beer.
9. You own a $3,000 machine gun and a $5,000 rocket launcher, but you can't afford shoes.
8. You have more wives than teeth.
7. You think vests come in two styles: bullet-proof and suicide.
6. You can't think of anyone you HAVEN'T declared Jihad against.
5. You consider television dangerous, but routinely carry ammunition in your robe.
4. You've never been asked, "Does this burka make my butt look fat?"
3. You were amazed to discover that cell phones have uses other than setting off roadside bombs.
2. You've never uttered the phrase, "I love what you've done with your cave."
And, the NUMBER ONE SIGN you might be a member of the Taliban ...
1. You wipe your behind with your bare hand, but consider bacon unclean.

http://www.prophetmohammed.co.uk/

Subject: Re: Taliban Top Ten list

Written By: danootaandme on 09/27/08 at 5:35 am

9. You own a $3,000 machine gun and a $5,000 rocket launcher, but you can't afford shoes.
5. You consider television dangerous, but routinely carry ammunition in your robe.
3. You were amazed to discover that cell phones have uses other than setting off roadside bombs.

This a Ted Nugent thread?  Except number one, of course.  He wipes his behind with his bare hand, then goes for the bacon.

Written By: Macphisto on 09/27/08 at 10:14 am

Awesome stuff, Shacks!  Welcome to the P&R!  :D

Written By: Shacks Train on 09/28/08 at 4:32 am

Do you have what it takes to be a suicide bomber?
http://prophet-muhammad.biz/terrortest.html

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/28/08 at 6:08 am

Thats sick dude!!!

Written By: Macphisto on 09/28/08 at 11:21 am

Twisted, but I like it...  +1

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/28/08 at 11:45 am

Sick sick sick

Written By: La Roche on 09/28/08 at 12:53 pm

Love it.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/28/08 at 2:37 pm

Love it.

I thought it was stoning for most offenses against Islam done by a female?  Looks to me like she's being buried alive.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/28/08 at 2:47 pm

I'll add one more . . .

your wife walks 15 paces behind you not out of tradition but so she knows where the explosive devices are.

Burqas are worn by women of Islamic faith.

The burka is worn by Cossacks and Siberian and the Russian Calvary.

Written By: La Roche on 09/28/08 at 3:26 pm

I thought it was stoning for most offenses against Islam done by a female?  Looks to me like she's being buried alive.

Buried up to their waists with their arms incapacitated so they can't block the stones being thrown at their heads. Tolerant, forgiving, peaceful Islam.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/28/08 at 3:38 pm

Buried up to their waists with their arms incapacitated so they can't bloke the stones being thrown at their heads. Tolerant, forgiving, peaceful Islam.

Oh.  Most of the stoning videos I've seen were done on solid ground.  I forgot about the other.

Written By: Shacks Train on 09/29/08 at 10:45 am

"right two of the flat stones , two of the sharp ones & a packet of gravel"

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/29/08 at 2:17 pm

Have you ever been to the P&R side? If so, I may be the most Moderate one on here.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/29/08 at 9:57 pm

This a Ted Nugent thread?  Except number one, of course.  He wipes his behind with his bare hand, then goes for the bacon.

No, no, no, you've got it all backwards...he wipes his benind with the bacon and then goes for his bare hand!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing4.gif

Taliban Top Ten?  It's got a good beat and you can dance....
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/rocketwhore.gif
Die infidel!  Dancing is abomination unto Allah!

Written By: Shacks Train on 09/29/08 at 10:33 pm

They cut off the hand used for eating as the other is the TP!!!(for thieves)
I always had thought it would be a confusion if one lost that hand in an industrial accident!
THIEF>>>>THIEF ;D

So much for the 3rd world

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/30/08 at 8:27 am

They cut off the hand used for eating as the other is the TP!!!(for thieves)
I always had thought it would be a confusion if one lost that hand in an industrial accident!
THIEF>>>>THIEF ;D

So much for the 3rd world

That is law only in some countries like Saudi Arabia.  Muslims in places such as Jordan the sentence is much lighter.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/30/08 at 9:37 am

Anyone seen the Achmed The Dead Terrorist skit done by Jeff Dunham?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go

Written By: Shacks Train on 10/05/08 at 8:28 am

Speaking of Saudi Arabia.......My Niece was married to a guy that worked for BP there & one day they were told "no one can leave the camp".....That day in the town there was a Beheading....
Stories from America's old wild west days where families would take picnic lunches to go to town to watch a hanging!!
"SUNDAY.....SUNDAY....SUNDAY.....ACHMED MEETS ALLA....tickets at Ticketmaster!"

All that excitement brought to us by the 3rd world......They treat their women like sheesh...in Saudi women can't drive & bare arms are considered "offensive"
"Midnight at the oasis take your camel to bed"
In  Saudi Arabia , no Saudi citizen works & they all get an allowance from the King.......I worked with a fellow that used to service the pipeline by truck.....Sounds like the place to be if you don't mind a dry country.(NO BOOZE)....Camps they have booze but it must stay there!........So if your considering operating a sand farm, thats the place to be!......Kiss your freedoms good-bye!
Heres a pic of Uncle Sam presenting a new utensil set for the Matching Tablecloth & Napkin outfits
they wear!

Written By: Jessica on 10/05/08 at 9:33 am

Speaking of Saudi Arabia.......My Niece was married to a guy that worked for BP there & one day they were told "no one can leave the camp".....That day in the town there was a Beheading....
Stories from America's old wild west days where families would take picnic lunches to go to town to watch a hanging!!
"SUNDAY.....SUNDAY....SUNDAY.....ACHMED MEETS ALLA....tickets at Ticketmaster!"

All that excitement brought to us by the 3rd world......They treat their women like sheesh...in Saudi women can't drive & bare arms are considered "offensive"
"Midnight at the oasis take your camel to bed"
In  Saudi Arabia , no Saudi citizen works & they all get an allowance from the King.......I worked with a fellow that used to service the pipeline by truck.....Sounds like the place to be if you don't mind a dry country.(NO BOOZE)....Camps they have booze but it must stay there!........So if your considering operating a sand farm, thats the place to be!......Kiss your freedoms good-bye!
Heres a pic of Uncle Sam presenting a new utensil set for the Matching Tablecloth & Napkin outfits
they wear!

Bolding stuff that needs to be corrected.

Re: Saudi women driving.  The ban was lifted almost a year ago.  They can drive now.

Re: bare arms.  That too is also changing.  The only place that they are really stringent about it is in the capital city.  More leeway is found in the port city of Jeddah.  Eventually it will spread across the country.  Just remember though that some women DO wear the traditional coverings by choice.  The same thing happened with Afghan women and burquas.

Re: working.  No, that is not true.  Saudi citizens DO work.  The only people that get stipends are the royal family, and they all work, including some of the women.  True, the women are discouraged from doing jobs that aren't supposedly suitable for them (they're usually teachers, OB/GYNs, nurses, etc.), but they can and do work.  The only thing that the government DOES hand out are basic necessities: healthcare, jobs, training for said jobs, and interest free loans so they can get housing.

Re: Alcohol.  Up until the 40's, alcohol was legal in Saudi Arabia for foreigners.  It wasn't until the King's stupid son had some poisonous alcohol that he passed around a party (that killed seven people, including a few women) that the King banned it for good.  Though it is banned, it doesn't mean it is followed.  Many Saudis truck in alcohol or bring it back with them after a vacation in another country.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/05/08 at 9:46 am

Good to know, Jessica.

Still, I'd have to agree with Shacks that Saudi Arabia is a very backwards country -- although not that backwards by Islamic standards, admittedly.

Written By: Jessica on 10/05/08 at 10:35 am

Good to know, Jessica.

Still, I'd have to agree with Shacks that Saudi Arabia is a very backwards country -- although not that backwards by Islamic standards, admittedly.

Yeah, they do a lot of stuff I don't agree with, but you can't blame the religion for the people that interpret it so badly (the same could be said for the way the extremists over here interpret the Bible).

Since the topic of women covering up was brought up, I thought this relevant.  There is a passage in the Koran about covering up to preserve modesty in women ("And say to the believing women they they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; they should not display their beauty and ornament except what must ordinarily appear. --Sura XXIV, 31), but nowhere does it state that they have to wear the veil, the head covering, the cloak, gloves, and long stockings that the Ulema (men of religion) want them to wear.

Women's rights in Saudi Arabia have been a subject near and dear to my heart since I read Jean Sasson's books.  If you want to be outraged, read the "Princess" trilogy by her.  The woman whom the books were based on (a princess from the Saudi royal family) pretty much states that she doesn't blame her religion for the way women are treated, but the men of religion who run the country (yeah, there is a king, but even he is subject to the Shari'a courts).  It's sort of like how over here and how Christians think they run the country. :P

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/05/08 at 1:14 pm

Bolding stuff that needs to be corrected.

Re: Saudi women driving.  The ban was lifted almost a year ago.  They can drive now.

Re: bare arms.  That too is also changing.  The only place that they are really stringent about it is in the capital city.  More leeway is found in the port city of Jeddah.  Eventually it will spread across the country.  Just remember though that some women DO wear the traditional coverings by choice.  The same thing happened with Afghan women and burquas.

Re: working.  No, that is not true.  Saudi citizens DO work.  The only people that get stipends are the royal family, and they all work, including some of the women.  True, the women are discouraged from doing jobs that aren't supposedly suitable for them (they're usually teachers, OB/GYNs, nurses, etc.), but they can and do work.  The only thing that the government DOES hand out are basic necessities: healthcare, jobs, training for said jobs, and interest free loans so they can get housing.

Re: Alcohol.  Up until the 40's, alcohol was legal in Saudi Arabia for foreigners.  It wasn't until the King's stupid son had some poisonous alcohol that he passed around a party (that killed seven people, including a few women) that the King banned it for good.  Though it is banned, it doesn't mean it is followed.  Many Saudis truck in alcohol or bring it back with them after a vacation in another country.

One thing that gets me is that Christians aren't even mentioned in Saudi Arabia.

I'm sure that there's a few Coptic Christians there that hide their identity.

Written By: Jessica on 10/05/08 at 1:37 pm

One thing that gets me is that Christians aren't even mentioned in Saudi Arabia.

I'm sure that there's a few Coptic Christians there that hide their identity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Saudi_Arabia

The short of it is that a lot of foreign workers are Christian, but they can't practice their faith.  There are very few Saudi Christians, though.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/05/08 at 2:08 pm

Saudi Arabia has become more constrained since King Fahd had his stroke and was replaced by his brother.  Fahd was very pro-western.  I'm told that if you want to let your hair down a bit you spend a few days in Bahrain.

Written By: Jessica on 10/05/08 at 2:36 pm

Saudi Arabia has become more constrained since King Fahd had his stroke and was replaced by his brother.  Fahd was very pro-western.  I'm told that if you want to let your hair down a bit you spend a few days in Bahrain.

I recall reading about one of the other kings of Saudi Arabia that was very forward thinking in women's rights, but sadly, he was assassinated in the early 70s.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/05/08 at 2:39 pm

I recall reading about one of the other kings of Saudi Arabia that was very forward thinking in women's rights, but sadly, he was assassinated in the early 70s.

That was Faisal.  Fahd was his successor.  They were both pretty hip.  So was the Shah of Iran.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/05/08 at 10:07 pm

Yeah, they do a lot of stuff I don't agree with, but you can't blame the religion for the people that interpret it so badly (the same could be said for the way the extremists over here interpret the Bible).

Since the topic of women covering up was brought up, I thought this relevant.  There is a passage in the Koran about covering up to preserve modesty in women ("And say to the believing women they they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; they should not display their beauty and ornament except what must ordinarily appear. --Sura XXIV, 31), but nowhere does it state that they have to wear the veil, the head covering, the cloak, gloves, and long stockings that the Ulema (men of religion) want them to wear.

Women's rights in Saudi Arabia have been a subject near and dear to my heart since I read Jean Sasson's books.  If you want to be outraged, read the "Princess" trilogy by her.  The woman whom the books were based on (a princess from the Saudi royal family) pretty much states that she doesn't blame her religion for the way women are treated, but the men of religion who run the country (yeah, there is a king, but even he is subject to the Shari'a courts).  It's sort of like how over here and how Christians think they run the country. :P

Well, I'm not one to usually defend Christianity, but you gotta admit...  These Wahhabists take it way beyond what the Evangelicals do.

I just find it disgusting that we're allied to such a despicable country.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/05/08 at 11:59 pm

What became of Shacks?
???

Written By: Jessica on 10/06/08 at 9:39 am

Well, I'm not one to usually defend Christianity, but you gotta admit...  These Wahhabists take it way beyond what the Evangelicals do.

I just find it disgusting that we're allied to such a despicable country.

Yeah, but you just can't blame the religion though.  Blame the religious folk who translate (translate it to their own needs) the Koran.  Jordan, Kuwait, the Emirates, and several other Middle Eastern countries whose primary religion is Islam aren't as harsh as Saudi Arabia.

"God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts." :)

What became of Shacks?
???

Probably (hopefully) banned.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/06/08 at 7:04 pm

Yeah, but you just can't blame the religion though.  Blame the religious folk who translate (translate it to their own needs) the Koran.  Jordan, Kuwait, the Emirates, and several other Middle Eastern countries whose primary religion is Islam aren't as harsh as Saudi Arabia.

Very true.  Turkey is relatively moderate as well.  It's a shame that Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Iran are all pretty crazy though.

Probably (hopefully) banned.

I found Shacks pretty funny actually...    :-\\

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/07/08 at 5:19 pm

I think Shacks got nailed for the alter boy stain glass window.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/07/08 at 7:26 pm

I think Shacks got nailed for the alter boy stain glass window.

Is that an altar boy or an altered boy?
:P

Check for new replies or respond here...