» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Palin - crafty debater? This man faced her a dozen times and lost

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/30/08 at 7:47 pm

http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/1001/p09s01-coop.html

She might not know much about what she's debating, but then again neither do the people watching her apparently.

Subject: Re: Palin - crafty debater? This man faced her a dozen times and lost

Written By: Macphisto on 09/30/08 at 10:04 pm

Palin, like so many other politicians out there, is a good reason to doubt the validity of democracy.  One of the key principles to a functioning democracy is to have an educated, intelligent populace capable of selecting the appropriate leaders.

Except...  few countries can really say that they have a well-educated populace concerning governmental policy or that they have an intelligent populace either.  Logic tends to fall by the wayside in favor of emotions when it comes to most people.  This is why rhetoric can go so far with someone so empty as Palin.

But hey, if the people choose McCain and Palin, they will get exactly what they deserve -- just like the last 8 years.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/30/08 at 10:14 pm

But hey, if the people choose McCain and Palin, they will get exactly what they deserve -- just like the last 8 years.

51% of the people deserved the last 8 years... the rest deserve something better...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/30/08 at 10:35 pm

Palin, like so many other politicians out there, is a good reason to doubt the validity of democracy.  One of the key principles to a functioning democracy is to have an educated, intelligent populace capable of selecting the appropriate leaders.

Except...  few countries can really say that they have a well-educated populace concerning governmental policy or that they have an intelligent populace either.  Logic tends to fall by the wayside in favor of emotions when it comes to most people.  This is why rhetoric can go so far with someone so empty as Palin.

That, sir, is what Plato believed.  You can't leave governance up to popular passions.  The masses are asses.  Of course,  I was brought up to believe that it is good and just and right for the people to elect their own leaders.  It's in my marrow.  I believe it as strongly as I can believe in anything.

But, as Bill Mahar points out, 60% of Americans believe the Noah's ark story is literally true.  I thought deeply about Noah's ark when I was seven and decided it just didn't make sense...where were the dinosaurs?  Noah didn't have room for them?  Then he was disobeying God who told him to pick up two of everything.  How did they keep ahead of all that manure for chrissakes?  Sarah doesn't believe in evolution, she thinks God put Alaska right there six thousand years ago along with all the moose and bears just for her to shoot from airplanes!  

OK, Bill Mahar and Jon Stewart can get on TV and say, "Holy crap, look at how duuuumb that broad is!," and the sensible boys and girls at home can nod, "Indeed, indeed!"

And yet it's not enough.  She still de GOP VP nominee!  

If McCain/Palin wins, I'm going back in the cave and watch the shadows on the wall!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/iamwithstupid.gif

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/01/08 at 11:23 am

We shall see.  She may be good at the non-answer, but a good moderator - hell, even Catie Curic - can force the issue, as with what news papers she reads.  And Biden can certainly point out her non-answers if he does it with charm and wit.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/01/08 at 1:36 pm

Had the McCain camp put out the victory ad yet?

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/01/08 at 4:01 pm

Had the McCain camp put out the victory ad yet?

Cat

They put up one even before the first debate was over. ::)

Written By: Macphisto on 10/01/08 at 5:05 pm

That, sir, is what Plato believed.  You can't leave governance up to popular passions.  The masses are asses.  Of course,  I was brought up to believe that it is good and just and right for the people to elect their own leaders.  It's in my marrow.  I believe it as strongly as I can believe in anything.

But, as Bill Mahar points out, 60% of Americans believe the Noah's ark story is literally true.  I thought deeply about Noah's ark when I was seven and decided it just didn't make sense...where were the dinosaurs?  Noah didn't have room for them?  Then he was disobeying God who told him to pick up two of everything.  How did they keep ahead of all that manure for chrissakes?  Sarah doesn't believe in evolution, she thinks God put Alaska right there six thousand years ago along with all the moose and bears just for her to shoot from airplanes!  

OK, Bill Mahar and Jon Stewart can get on TV and say, "Holy crap, look at how duuuumb that broad is!," and the sensible boys and girls at home can nod, "Indeed, indeed!"

And yet it's not enough.  She still de GOP VP nominee!  

If McCain/Palin wins, I'm going back in the cave and watch the shadows on the wall!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/iamwithstupid.gif

The only reason I support democracy is because it's very hard to set up a functional meritocracy.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/01/08 at 9:36 pm

The only reason I support democracy is because it's very hard to set up a functional meritocracy.

Well, then we have to decide who gets to decide what merit is, who merits what for what and for how much! 
You and Charles Manson might have quite different perspectives on the matter!
:-\\

Written By: danootaandme on 10/02/08 at 5:31 am

Some conservatives have a bit of a problem with Gwen Ifill as moderator.  They say she may be biased because she is writing a book entitled "Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama."  I think they should(maybe are) be worried about voters not comparing Palin to Biden, but comparing Palin to Ifill.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/02/08 at 2:41 pm

They put up one even before the first debate was over. ::)

That is why I said that.

Some conservatives have a bit of a problem with Gwen Ifill as moderator.  They say she may be biased because she is writing a book entitled "Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama."   I think they should(maybe are) be worried about voters not comparing Palin to Biden, but comparing Palin to Ifill.

I heard it was Michelle Malkin who I consider to be in the same category as Ann Culter & Laura Ingraham-they don't know WTF they are talking about-just spewing hatred.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/02/08 at 6:50 pm

Well, after tonight we shall determine if Joe Biden is the masterdebater that I think he is.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/02/08 at 6:57 pm

Well, after tonight we shall determine if Joe Biden is the masterdebater that I think he is.

I've heard some pretty re-tar-ted stuff come outta Joe's mouth.  He's got a penchent for gaffs, which if he makes even one will serve to distract from the Palinatrix's ovine stupidity!
::)

Written By: Macphisto on 10/02/08 at 7:38 pm

Well, then we have to decide who gets to decide what merit is, who merits what for what and for how much! 
You and Charles Manson might have quite different perspectives on the matter!
:-\\

Yep... pretty much...

Written By: Rice_Cube on 10/02/08 at 8:18 pm

I had to turn off the debate 10 minutes in, it was turning into a massacre.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 10/02/08 at 8:38 pm

I had to turn it back on for a bit...stuff is coming out of her mouth but none of it seems awesome :P

I think Biden is winning.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/02/08 at 8:59 pm

Geez, I would like to smack that grin off of her face.  This is a Vice Presidential debate and she is smiling like a teacher on Parent/Teacher night.  And what was with that wink in the beginning of the debate,  WINK?

I gotta say she is probably holding her own with the people who support her.  I don't think minds will change with this.  Draw.

Written By: Jessica on 10/02/08 at 9:22 pm

Was I hearing things or did she actually say, "nucular" earlier?

Written By: danootaandme on 10/02/08 at 9:25 pm

Biden put pedal the metal these last 5 minutes.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/02/08 at 9:26 pm

Geez, I would like to smack that grin off of her face.  This is a Vice Presidential debate and she is smiling like a teacher on Parent/Teacher night.  And what was with that wink in the beginning of the debate,  WINK?

I gotta say she is probably holding her own with the people who support her.  I don't think minds will change with this.  Draw.

Jedi mind games, the cute side of the Force!
:D

I keep expecting her to break into song -- "I'm just a girl who can't say no, I'm in a terrible fix...

...how can I be what I ain't, I caint saaaay noooo!"
("Oklahoma" Rogers/Hammerstein).
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/cheering.gif

Written By: Bobo on 10/02/08 at 9:27 pm

Ix-nay on the ucular-nay!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/02/08 at 9:30 pm

Sarah Palin is a cone of cotton candy and Joe Biden is a bowl of oatmeal!
8-P

Written By: Tia on 10/02/08 at 9:45 pm

I had to turn off the debate 10 minutes in, it was turning into a massacre.
yeah, i felt real bad for biden too. pwn3d!

Written By: iquestion on 10/02/08 at 10:18 pm

GO SARAH!.....

CAN YOU SAY WIPPPPPPEEEEOUTTTTT?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHH.....

1.Sarah Dominates!

2.Bad moderater-conflict of interest, (this wouldn't work in a courtroom.)
Would Hannity put his politics aside?  This one had minimum of $300,000 invested.

3 Sarah puts them back in holes after 3 weeks of being herself.
Mr. Biden er... FDR wasn't President in 1929..funny no one corrected this?

I'm happy for her :)

Let the games begin!

Written By: iquestion on 10/02/08 at 10:34 pm

Repeat from other thread:  WWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT!

Will talk continue of McCain dropping her NOW?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/03/08 at 12:10 am

GO SARAH!.....

CAN YOU SAY WIPPPPPPEEEEOUTTTTT?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHH.....

1.Sarah Dominates!

2.Bad moderater-conflict of interest, (this wouldn't work in a courtroom.)
Would Hannity put his politics aside?  This one had minimum of $300,000 invested.

3 Sarah puts them back in holes after 3 weeks of being herself.
Mr. Biden er... FDR wasn't President in 1929..funny no one corrected this?

I'm happy for her :)

Let the games begin!

Most news sources are saying Biden won.    It's SUCH a shame you're not a news source.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/03/08 at 12:12 am

Repeat from other thread:  WWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT!

Probably, ever time she talks and it's not scripted she puts her foot in her mouth.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/03/08 at 4:41 am

It was the republicans(conservative republicans at that) who were most concerned about her staying in the race.  Wait.  Isn't that what you claim to be?

Written By: SemperYoda on 10/03/08 at 7:57 am

Wipeout?

I mean, most times they asked her something and she was out of her comfort zone, she went back to her wonderful energy policy.  Oh ya, and McCain is a Maverick, the dear old folks up in Alaska, and her being in touch with America cause she is a Mom.

She did better than her interviews, but thats not saying much.  It just sounded like a bunch of rehashed crap crammed into her head from her debate boot camp.

Her foreign policy talk was wonderful.  ::) 

I really think Biden wiped her out.

Didn't she blow a kiss as well?  He He. 

I don't think it was a draw. 

Written By: danootaandme on 10/03/08 at 9:59 am

Didn't she blow a kiss as well?  He He. 

You betcha,  by golly  ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Jessica on 10/03/08 at 10:11 am

I didn't watch it, but I was listening to it (I was laying on my bed).  I think I bashed myself in the head with a magazine at least fifty times while she was talking.  Could explain why I have a headache today. :P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/03/08 at 10:20 am

You betcha,  by golly  ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D

Yikes the mental image of her wink during the debate will haunt me for a LONG time.http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa87/kattofix/smilies/speechless.gif

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/03/08 at 10:42 am

I watched the whole thing and although I don't think it was a wipe out, I think Biden won.  Sarah was able to stick to her talking points and script most of the time I though, but she did goof once or twice.  This was no  surprise since it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what the topics would be, so she was pretty well prepared.  Biden did well I think in that he was not condescending nor harsh with her, so I don't think he turned anyone off.  It was clear, though, that he has a deeper grasp of all the issues, but then so does a potato (with no E)

Written By: Brian06 on 10/03/08 at 10:53 am

I couldn't stand her and her "you betcha" and "darn right", sounded like she was speaking at a PTA meeting to me. She did what she had to do to make her people happy I suppose, i.e. present herself as the "hockey mom" outsider and don't make any catastrophic mistakes. Biden did real well and didn't make any of the gaffes he's known for really and I believe generally commanded the debate. Palin didn't show she's qualified at all, mostly talked about drilling being the solution to everything and how they're "mavericks" but gave little evidence to separate their agenda from President Bush's. Since she didn't completely blow it like in the interviews the right wingers seem to think she won.  ::) Palin pleased the people that liked her already, but I would say Biden did a better job at appealing to undecideds by giving Americans real answers on where they're going to take this country instead of "we're mavericks you betcha". I don't think this debate will have much impact on the race however. Loved when Biden said Cheney is the most dangerous Vice President this country has ever had, so true.

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/03/08 at 11:55 am

Palin is Eye Candy, that's why McCain got that strong lead at one point.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/03/08 at 12:17 pm

I did get her a point or two for being able to pronounce Ahmadinejad, something that I confess, I can't do. (I pronounce it "Imadinnerjacket" which I learned from Joy Behar when she was on Larry King.  :D ;D ;D ;D ) And to prove that she could pronounce it, she said several times. But she couldn't pronounce Nuclear.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 10/03/08 at 1:07 pm

(I pronounce it "Imadinnerjacket" which I learned from Joy Behar when she was on Larry King.  :D ;D ;D ;D )

And Joy learned it from Whoopi on The View.  It cracks me up.  I like Lenos better, he pronounces it Imanutjob. ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/03/08 at 2:16 pm

If she was aiming to sound folksy and common she missed.  She sounded a bit uneducated at times.  At least Biden kept the same demeanor he would as if he were in a Senate hearing.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/03/08 at 4:00 pm

Loved when Biden said Cheney is the most dangerous Vice President this country has ever had, so true.

That was great!

Written By: iquestion on 10/03/08 at 4:42 pm

Most news sources are saying Biden won.    It's SUCH a shame you're not a news source.

I've also heard most media support Obama...my first source was from NBC news who thought Sarah had the  lead...

I love her 'folksiness' better than the old school classic politicians...and Obama is too thin sk lung cancer and such..inned..so whatif he's younger, he smokes and the chronological stats show he'd be a candidate for lung cancer and such...

We'd move on to Biden and he may be on the shaky side leading to Pelosi and I'm taking a rocket out of this galaxy!(to quote a broadcaster I enjoy listening to.)

Is anyone else thinking it through?

And then to quote BIDEN: 'It's patrotic to pay taxes!'.....HAH! I thought many want as many government hands OUT of guiding us?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/03/08 at 4:52 pm

I've also heard most media support Obama...my first source was from NBC news who thought Sarah had the  lead...

I love her 'folksiness' better than the old school classic politicians...and Obama is too thin sk lung cancer and such..inned..so whatif he's younger, he smokes and the chronological stats show he'd be a candidate for lung cancer and such...

We'd move on to Biden and he may be on the shaky side leading to Pelosi and I'm taking a rocket out of this galaxy!(to quote a broadcaster I enjoy listening to.)

HUH?  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Cat

Written By: SemperYoda on 10/03/08 at 4:59 pm

HUH?  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Cat

Double huh.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/03/08 at 5:06 pm

And then to quote BIDEN: 'It's patrotic to pay taxes!'.....HAH! I thought many want as many government hands OUT of guiding us?

Old school politicians weren't folksy.  Reagan was a Hollywood actor, not a drop of folksy in him.  Bush's come from a political dynasty.  Folksy would defeat their purpose.  OHHH, you mean Jimmeh Cawtah . . . he's folksy and a democrat.

Partriotic to pax taxes.  Why yes, gotta pay for this miserable war somehow.  Remember supporting the troops takes cash.

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/03/08 at 5:52 pm

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3091/2909496470_d751e8a3dc.jpg?v=0

Written By: Tia on 10/03/08 at 5:53 pm

ah, they ran this on wonkette too. funny funny stuff.

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/03/08 at 6:21 pm

I couldn't stand her and her "you betcha" and "darn right", sounded like she was speaking at a PTA meeting to me. She did what she had to do to make her people happy I suppose, i.e. present herself as the "hockey mom" outsider and don't make any catastrophic mistakes. Biden did real well and didn't make any of the gaffes he's known for really and I believe generally commanded the debate. Palin didn't show she's qualified at all, mostly talked about drilling being the solution to everything and how they're "mavericks" but gave little evidence to separate their agenda from President Bush's. Since she didn't completely blow it like in the interviews the right wingers seem to think she won.  ::) Palin pleased the people that liked her already, but I would say Biden did a better job at appealing to undecideds by giving Americans real answers on where they're going to take this country instead of "we're mavericks you betcha". I don't think this debate will have much impact on the race however. Loved when Biden said Cheney is the most dangerous Vice President this country has ever had, so true.

Me Too that was GREAT!!!!!!!!

I agree, there were parts of the debate when I wanted to slap her.. If I had to hear one more "darn right " , I was gonna hurl. And the whole time I'm watching this I have but one thought, what happens to us if McCain wins and drops dead? We are gonna be governed by the President of the local PTA. Instead of raising itaxes she could have a bake sale in the Rose Garden.
She acted like a good little brainless puppet.

Written By: Jessica on 10/03/08 at 6:41 pm

Double huh.

Triple that.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/04/08 at 10:17 am

She acted like a good little brainless puppet.

No different from the past 8 years, that is what the power structure behind the scene wants.  Remember Zaphod Beeblebrox in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy?  His job as President of the galaxy was  "a role that involves no power whatsoever, and merely requires the incumbent to attract attention so no one wonders who's really in charge" .  It was what Reagan did, what bushie does, and what Palin would be.  It wouldn't be a surprise if McCain won and the suffered a "an event" that put Palin in power. 

Cyncism runs to my very core.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/04/08 at 11:26 am

This really hits the nail on the head. 

Written By: iquestion on 10/04/08 at 11:32 am

Double huh.

What don't you see here?

Getting a double huh makes me wonder if the vote is already set

...Sarah Palin..A)NOT cookie cutter politician - I like that.

B) Obama thin skinned

C) McCain- years as prisonor of war enough to trump Obama..he can hand terrorists their own heads!  

Written By: Macphisto on 10/04/08 at 2:16 pm

I really wish Biden was the presidential candidate.  He's so much more honest and direct than all the others.  I may not always agree with him, but I can definitely respect him.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/04/08 at 5:59 pm

What don't you see here?

B) Obama thin skinned

C) McCain- years as prisonor of war enough to trump Obama..he can hand terrorists their own heads! 

You're right she's not cookie cutter.  She a replica of one of Barbie's friends.  Mattel was way before their time!!! :)

My cousin too was in the Hanoi Hilton, he's too traumatized to talk about it.  Why is McCain bragging about something so traumatizing?  Ever wondered that?

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/04/08 at 9:09 pm

That, sir, is what Plato believed.  You can't leave governance up to popular passions.  The masses are asses.  Of course,  I was brought up to believe that it is good and just and right for the people to elect their own leaders.  It's in my marrow.  I believe it as strongly as I can believe in anything.

"Democracy is the theory that the common man knows what he wants... and deserves to get it good and hard."
  - H. L. Mencken

(Wait, this is the VP debate thread.  I was originally gonna use that on the bailout thread :)

No different from the past 8 years, that is what the power structure behind the scene wants.  Remember Zaphod Beeblebrox in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy?  His job as President of the galaxy was  "a role that involves no power whatsoever, and merely requires the incumbent to attract attention so no one wonders who's really in charge" .  It was what Reagan did, what bushie does, and what Palin would be.  It wouldn't be a surprise if McCain won and the suffered a "an event" that put Palin in power. 

For that matter, it's also what Hillary did for domestic policy under Bill Clinton.

Cyncism runs to my very core.

I think I can one-up you on that.

Someone asked me if I was worried about Palin as VP.  I said I wasn't.  First, because McCain's already lost the election, and second, because unlike any of McCain's other choices for a running mate, should Palin find herself President, she can at least be trusted to carry out her orders... not despite the fact that she won't understand a word of them, but because she won't understand a word of them. 

That reminds me, even though it's a few days late, I forgot to do this:  It's the late version of the VP Debate, in pictures.  I've also taken the liberty of posting it in the "Longest Political Thread" (page 17!) for archival purposes.

That's right, America, it's time to play...

http://theophilusmonk.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/fifthgrader.jpg

And our lovely contestant:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/6901/palinpanckehx5.jpg

...shares her folksy concern for Joe Sixpack...

http://www.boxingdaily.co.uk/wp-content/img/notasixer.JPG

...and the rape of the coastline and continental shelf...

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/6430/shelfbn7.jpg

She reminds her opponent that "It's 'Drill, baby, drill'"

...though I don't think that's quite what she meant either.  Then it's on to the Iraq War...

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5937/poster81829453cc3.jpg

...and she's havin' none of that, gosh-darn-it, cuz she's on board with the Mavrick.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/9169/mavrickll6.jpg

Then the debate goes nucular, and at one drink per "mavrick" and one swig per "nucular", your humble correspondent's getting rapidly soused.

http://eventhelosers.com/pics/mcsamepalinnucular.jpg

Then she says "there you go again", and Biden misses his chance to knock it out of the park, despite millions of drunk Reaganauts screaming the obvious debate-winning-line of "Governor Palin, I knew Ronald Reagan.  And you are no Ronald Reagan."

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3936/125710sarahpalinthinkssbp9.jpg

Instead, Biden goes off on some lame (but at one swig per Mavrick, fun!) tirade about how McCain is no Mavrick

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/2434/notamaverickyg1.jpg

...and Sarah brings it right back.

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo111/lolpalin/lppt2/mavricks.jpg

and mercifully, the whole thing ends before everyone in the audience lapses into an alcoholic coma.

http://images.bcdb.com/add_im/wb/51_lt.jpg

That's all, folks, at least until Tuesday!

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/05/08 at 3:39 am

"Democracy is the theory that the common man knows what he wants... and deserves to get it good and hard."
  - H. L. Mencken

(Wait, this is the VP debate thread.  I was originally gonna use that on the bailout thread :)

For that matter, it's also what Hillary did for domestic policy under Bill Clinton.

I think I can one-up you on that.

Someone asked me if I was worried about Palin as VP.  I said I wasn't.  First, because McCain's already lost the election, and second, because unlike any of McCain's other choices for a running mate, should Palin find herself President, she can at least be trusted to carry out her orders... not despite the fact that she won't understand a word of them, but because she won't understand a word of them. 

That reminds me, even though it's a few days late, I forgot to do this:  It's the late version of the VP Debate, in pictures.  I've also taken the liberty of posting it in the "Longest Political Thread" (page 17!) for archival purposes.

That's right, America, it's time to play...

http://theophilusmonk.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/fifthgrader.jpg

And our lovely contestant:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/6901/palinpanckehx5.jpg

...shares her folksy concern for Joe Sixpack...

http://www.boxingdaily.co.uk/wp-content/img/notasixer.JPG

...and the rape of the coastline and continental shelf...

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/6430/shelfbn7.jpg

She reminds her opponent that "It's 'Drill, baby, drill'"

...though I don't think that's quite what she meant either.  Then it's on to the Iraq War...

...and she's havin' none of that, gosh-darn-it, cuz she's on board with the Mavrick.

Then the debate goes nucular, and at one drink per "mavrick" and one swig per "nucular", your humble correspondent's getting rapidly soused.

http://eventhelosers.com/pics/mcsamepalinnucular.jpg

Then she says "there you go again", and Biden misses his chance to knock it out of the park, despite millions of drunk Reaganauts screaming the obvious debate-winning-line of "Governor Palin, I knew Ronald Reagan.  And you are no Ronald Reagan."

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3936/125710sarahpalinthinkssbp9.jpg

Instead, Biden goes off on some lame (but at one swig per Mavrick, fun!) tirade about how McCain is no Mavrick

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/2434/notamaverickyg1.jpg

...and Sarah brings it right back.

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo111/lolpalin/lppt2/mavricks.jpg

and mercifully, the whole thing ends before everyone in the audience lapses into an alcoholic coma.

http://images.bcdb.com/add_im/wb/51_lt.jpg

That's all, folks, at least until Tuesday!

Ok its offical I am now a Foo Bar fan Youre gettin Karma for this..... These are too funny Now I gotta go pick my ass up cause I just laughed it off!!!

Written By: SemperYoda on 10/05/08 at 5:33 pm

What don't you see here?

B) Obama thin skinned

Your post didn't make any sense to me thats all.  Try as you might explain that one, it didn't sway me in any way.  Your vote is already set too it seems.

Palin is not running for President.  McCain is.  The fact that she is that close does scare the crap out of me.  I don't need a religious fundamentalist in the white House.  And her claiming that Obama has terrorist ties is a stretch.  We can play that game too.  Why doesn't she mention her ties to an anti-American party that would like to secede?  Do you have anything on this?  Please clarify how this is Patriotic.   

Are you sure about Palin?  Go ahead and vote for McCain because of her.  It doesn't hurt my feelings any.  But she is as dishonest as the rest.  That is not different.  Bush got voted because he was "just like me."  Look at that mess.  Now Palin is getting the same type of recognition.  That is downright stupid. 

If she is any better than Obama, then list her wonderful achievements.  Plus, the bar was set so low for her in the debate, that she scored a knockout just by doing a little jump.  Seriously.  And women should vote for her just because of that? There are plenty of other conservative women who are smart and qualified that may appeal to women.  Palin is a slap in their face.

My vote is set.  I am not one of those "undecided."  I say there are problems if you can't make your choice by now. 

I don't agree with McCain or Palin.  I can't stand them.  So why would I vote for them? 

Obama is thin skinned.  Ya right. 

Getting shot down in a plane and spending years as a prisoner makes you qualified?  Explain that one to me please.  Not to knock on McCain's military service, but this hardly qualifies him for the presidency.  Because he was tortured in a camp, he will take out terrorists?  That is a lame a$$ argument if I have ever heard one.  Tell me, was FDR in the military?  There is no experience that you can have that will make you ready for the top job. 

I will take a cool, level headed person over a hot headed, old man and his alaska folksy Barbie doll anyday.     

Written By: Brian06 on 10/05/08 at 6:51 pm

If McCain wants to play dirty then Obama should pull out Keating Five on him, or start talking about how John cheated on his first wife with his current younger heiress wife. Then there's the whole Alaska Independence story with Palin. Obama can't let him get away with this kind of smearing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keating_Five

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/06/08 at 12:02 am

I guess she's only as crafty as the LED read-out in front of her!
:D

Check for new replies or respond here...