» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: I'm just going to admit it!...

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/02/08 at 12:12 pm

Bush is probably the worst president in my lifetime.

9/11, Budget Deficit, Katrina, Iraq, $700B to worry about, this guy is like George Bailey...and if I was Bush...I would be at a bridge in Washington and pondering whether to jump!

I said MY lifetime, so I can't say Nixon, Carter, or Harding.

Subject: Re: I'm just going to admit it!...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/02/08 at 6:47 pm

I wouldn't say Dubya is the worst president ever because so much of this catastrophe was engineered.  "Disaster capitalism," as Naomi Klein calls it.  His critics become his apologists when they say he's incopmpetent.  You can't cause this much misery unless you are truly evil!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/devilfinger.gif

Written By: Macphisto on 10/02/08 at 7:38 pm

Bush is easily the worst president of my lifetime as well, but I'm only 29.

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/03/08 at 1:07 am

Bush is probably the worst president in my lifetime.

9/11, Budget Deficit, Katrina, Iraq, $700B to worry about, this guy is like George Bailey...and if I was Bush...I would be at a bridge in Washington and pondering whether to jump!

I said MY lifetime, so I can't say Nixon, Carter, or Harding.

Well .... a lot of overseas observers would probably agree with that one (in the majority) ... and this observer is no exception !

Just found this article ... from April of this year ...... before this latest bailout crisis .....

Here's the link: http://harpers.org/archive/2008/04/hbc-90002804

The contents:

April 5, 12:56 PM, 2008 ·
Worst. President. Ever.

By Scott Horton

“It would be difficult to identify a President who, facing major international and domestic crises, has failed in both as clearly as President Bush,” concluded one respondent. “His domestic policies,” another noted, “have had the cumulative effect of shoring up a semi-permanent aristocracy of capital that dwarfs the aristocracy of land against which the founding fathers rebelled; of encouraging a mindless retreat from science and rationalism; and of crippling the nation’s economic base.”

America’s historians, it seems, don’t think much of George W. Bush.

Now in all fairness, historians should wait a while before passing judgment on a president’s who served recently, much less one still in office. But the current incumbent is a special case. After all, 81 percent of Americans, according to a recent New York Times poll, believe he’s taken the country on the wrong track. That’s the highest number ever registered. The same poll also says 28 percent have a favorable view of his performance in office, which is also in Nixon-in-the-darkest-days-of-Watergate territory.

But, as George Mason University’s History News Network reports, the historians have a different measure. They want to stack him up against his forty-two predecessors as the nation’s chief executive. Among historians, there is no doubt into which echelon he falls–his competitors are Millard Fillmore, James Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, and Franklin Pierce, the worst of the presidential worst. But does Bush actually come in dead last?

Yes. History News Network’s poll of 109 historians found that 61 percent of them rank Bush as “worst ever” among U.S. presidents. Bush’s key competition comes from Buchanan, apparently, and a further 2 percent of the sample puts Bush right behind Buchanan as runner-up for “worst ever.” 96 percent of the respondents place the Bush presidency in the bottom tier of American presidencies. And was his presidency (it’s a bit wishful to speak of his presidency in the past tense–after all there are several more months left to go) a success or failure? On that score the numbers are still more resounding: 98 percent label it a “failure.”

Historians Rate George W. Bush a “Failure”

This marks a dramatic deterioration for Bush. Previously he wasn’t viewed in the most positive terms, but there was a consensus that he wasn’t the “worst of the worst” either. That was in the spring of 2004. In the meantime, Bush has established himself as the torture president, the basis for his invasion of Iraq has been exposed as a fraud, the Iraq War itself has gone disastrously, the nation’s network of alliances has faded, and the economy has gone into a tailspin–not to mention the bungled handling of relief for victims of hurricane Katrina. In 2004, only 12 percent of historians were ready to place Bush dead last.

Here are some of the comments that the historians furnished:

“No individual president can compare to the second Bush,” wrote one. “Glib, contemptuous, ignorant, incurious, a dupe of anyone who humors his deluded belief in his heroic self, he has bankrupted the country with his disastrous war and his tax breaks for the rich, trampled on the Bill of Rights, appointed foxes in every henhouse, compounded the terrorist threat, turned a blind eye to torture and corruption and a looming ecological disaster, and squandered the rest of the world’s goodwill. In short, no other president’s faults have had so deleterious an effect on not only the country but the world at large.”

“With his unprovoked and disastrous war of aggression in Iraq and his monstrous deficits, Bush has set this country on a course that will take decades to correct,” said another historian. “When future historians look back to identify the moment at which the United States began to lose its position of world leadership, they will point—rightly—to the Bush presidency. Thanks to his policies, it is now easy to see America losing out to its competitors in any number of areas: China is rapidly becoming the manufacturing powerhouse of the next century, India the high tech and services leader, and Europe the region with the best quality of life.”

http://www.internetweekly.org/images/bush_worst_president_ever.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/u/i/1/worst_president.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/1/f/1/bush_worst_president_rs.jpg

http://www.bushcoin.com/images/coinbanner2.jpg

Anyhow ... as far as George W. ...  I've had second thoughts. No .. the pundits got it wrong  ... the REAL worst president ever .... is undoubtedly ...

http://img202.imagevenue.com/loc445/th_13869_cheney_122_445lo.jpeg

^ The Puppet Master !

:P

:D

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/03/08 at 12:02 pm

I also think about that "Friends" episode called 'The one with the worst thanksgiving'.

Ross' opinion of his Thanksgiving was that it was the worst because all this sheesh happened to him. But Chandler said that his Thanksgiving where his father left him for a man was his worst Thanksgiving ever. Phoebe said that there were worse Thanksgivings besides his, but she went all the way to The Civil War.

So yeah, in my life Bush is the worst...yet.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/06/08 at 1:01 am

Andrew Johnson didn't think it was a good idea to sell our country to the Chinese!

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/06/08 at 9:51 pm

Andrew Johnson didn't think it was a good idea to sell our country to the Chinese!

I knew we were in trouble with a Dick and a Bush running the country way back before the first theft whoops I meant election.

Written By: nally on 10/20/08 at 11:32 pm

I have to agree... he's certainly the worst president whose administration I've ever lived through, and I'm only 28.

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/21/08 at 12:45 pm

I knew we were in trouble with a Dick and a Bush running the country way back before the first theft whoops I meant election.

I agree with the whole Dick Cheney concept that he's aggressive. I like Cheney even less!

Written By: danootaandme on 10/21/08 at 3:37 pm

I was born when Truman was in the Whitheouse, I can remember Eisenhower, both bushs are the unconstested worst examples of who should be put into the seat of power anywhere, anytime.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/22/08 at 10:57 pm

Dubya is the worst president in anybody's lifetime!
::)

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/24/08 at 4:11 pm

Dubya is the worst president in anybody's lifetime!
::)

This decade is the worst! Not just Bush (NIMO), but music, movies, and television too.

BTW-Ever hear of Amherst College? Because that's where Coolidge went to school.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/24/08 at 4:35 pm

Of course he has heard of Amherst, you can't be from Amherst and not.  There are many, many famous Amherst alums from Henry Ward Beecher to Teller(of Penn and...)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/24/08 at 7:30 pm

This decade is the worst! Not just Bush (NIMO), but music, movies, and television too.

BTW-Ever hear of Amherst College? Because that's where Coolidge went to school.

Amherst is where the rich kids go.  Poor slobs like me go to UMass!  Of course, in Silent Cal's day, UMass was just an agricultural institute.  My grandparents remembered it as Mass Aggie.  It's never lived down the party school "Zoo Mass" rep it gained in the '70s and '80s.  If my grades had been better and my parents richer, I just might have gone to Amherst.  Nah, probably not...I woulda prolly ended up an acid casualty at Hampshire or Bennington!
;D

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/25/08 at 6:01 pm

Amherst is where the rich kids go.  Poor slobs like me go to UMass!  Of course, in Silent Cal's day, UMass was just an agricultural institute.  My grandparents remembered it as Mass Aggie.  It's never lived down the party school "Zoo Mass" rep it gained in the '70s and '80s.  If my grades had been better and my parents richer, I just might have gone to Amherst.  Nah, probably not...I woulda prolly ended up an acid casualty at Hampshire or Bennington!
;D

Well...I wound-up at Cuyahoga High (But It's a Community College.)

However, I'm boycotting a University. I've seen people get their masters who are dumbasses. (And I know one, but it isn't the president.)

Written By: iquestion on 10/26/08 at 1:32 am

Haven't you been alive for 7 years without a major terrorist attack in your own country?...CASE MADE!

Watch ahead with Obama...what is his experience in foreign works, (for those who worry about Palin)?
I do know he went against everything that was brought up in the current war overseas...yeah, let's talk with the adversaries...

I would have to put Jimmy Carter on the top of my list as worst..'remember the hostages!'

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/26/08 at 12:15 pm

Haven't you been alive for 7 years without a major terrorist attack in your own country?...CASE MADE!

Watch ahead with Obama...what is his experience in foreign works, (for those who worry about Palin)?
I do know he went against everything that was brought up in the current war overseas...yeah, let's talk with the adversaries...

I would have to put Jimmy Carter on the top of my list as worst..'remember the hostages!'

I agree with you, not even Nixon nor Bush can hold a candle to Carter (In this modern day, Buchanan and Harding were even worse.) But when you're president, you get the 'Worst President Ever' rap.

Written By: Satish on 10/26/08 at 4:07 pm

Well...I wound-up at Cuyahoga High (But It's a Community College.)

However, I'm boycotting a University. I've seen people get their masters who are dumbasses. (And I know one, but it isn't the president.)

Speaking of which, doesn't Dubya have a Harvard MBA?(Which just goes to show how meaningless those things are!)

Written By: danootaandme on 10/27/08 at 8:01 am

Speaking of which, doesn't Dubya have a Harvard MBA?(Which just goes to show how meaningless those things are!)

Daddybush bought dub the MBA for him.  Not something unusual for what goes on with the rich and shameless.  bushie couldn't get into Texas Law, but his old man was able to pull some political strings and get him into harvard.

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/27/08 at 12:00 pm

Yes, as a matter of fact. He's also smarter than John Kerry from what I heard.

But my pastor's wife has or is in process of getting her Master's Degree, and she's not the sharpest pencil in the toolbox.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/27/08 at 3:19 pm

Yes, as a matter of fact. He's also smarter than John Kerry from what I heard.

No, you didn't read my post.  I am from Kennedy, Kerry, bush, country and everyone here knows that dubya is about as bright as the barstool you can find him under.  Without his father pulling strings he couldn't have gotten into romper room

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/27/08 at 4:14 pm

No, you didn't read my post.  I am from Kennedy, Kerry, bush, country and everyone here knows that dubya is about as bright as the barstool you can find him under.  Without his father pulling strings he couldn't have gotten into romper room

I did read your post and what I posted was from Harvard Statistics.

But I do want to know what Bush Sr's opinion on hos own son now. Is it like ours or not.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/27/08 at 7:18 pm

I miss Jimmeh Cawtah!
:\'(

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/27/08 at 11:38 pm

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10071/picard-no-facepalm.jpg

Homer: Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol must be working like a charm.
Lisa: That's specious reasoning, Dad.
Homer: Thank you, dear.
Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.
Homer: Oh, how does it work?
Lisa: It doesn't work.
Homer: Uh-huh.
Lisa: It's just a stupid rock.
Homer: Uh-huh.
Lisa: But I don't see any tigers around, do you?
Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.

And I apply that palm to my face with the forehead-reddening force of someone who took until 2007 before Bush II edged out Carter for Worst. President. Ever.  Yeah, he's that bad.  If we'd gone with Jimmah Cahtuh's plan to let Kim-Jong-Il sell a nuke to the highest bidder and let them nuke us, we'd have done better than we did under Bush II.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/28/08 at 7:43 am

I did read your post and what I posted was from Harvard Statistics.

But I do want to know what Bush Sr's opinion on hos own son now. Is it like ours or not.

Harvard statistics are what harvards major contributors and powerful "friends" tell them they are.  As for poppy bush, I don't think anyone knows what he thinks.  The main reason, I believe for him engineering w's road to the Whitheouse was to promote the interests of the family, which has happened. With poppy in the Carlyle Group and w paving the way of the oil interests they(the family) seem to have made out extremely well, and that's what it's all about. I wouldn't be surprise if on the day w leaves the Whitheouse poppy has him up to Walkers Island for a brew and a line.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/28/08 at 12:33 pm

A giant earthquake was going to level Boston last week, but I stopped it in its tracks!  Do I get the credit I deserve? Noooooo!!!

I remember the hostages quite well indeed, but we did not know at the time that Reagan's punks brokered a crooked deal with the Iranians to keep the hostages held until--literally--the minute Reagan was inaugurated!

Written By: danootaandme on 10/28/08 at 12:55 pm

I remember the hostages quite well indeed, but we did not know at the time that Reagan's punks brokered a crooked deal with the Iranians to keep the hostages held until--literally--the minute Reagan was inaugurated!

Darn right.  They were set to come home and the Reaganites asked to hold them longer for a PR stunt.  Isn't that nice. 

Check for new replies or respond here...