» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: National Review: Obama's dead mother would have aborted him had it been legal

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/17/08 at 8:48 am

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MGFhMWUxZGZiMGQ0YzI4OWVmMTA1ODRhY2VhNmNlOTM=

wow... I thought these guys tried to be at least a rung higher on the ladder than Ann Coulter and the rest of that filth.  Guess I was wrong.

Subject: Re: National Review: Obama's dead mother would have aborted him had it been legal

Written By: Dagwood on 10/17/08 at 9:01 am

Wow, just wow.  :o

Subject: Re: National Review: Obama's dead mother would have aborted him had it been legal

Written By: Kryllith on 10/17/08 at 9:59 am

Unless the content has been changed, the article doesn't state that she would have had an abortion. It simply states that abortions had been legal then she might have gotten one. Of course, even if abortions weren't legal she might have gotten an illegal abortion if she were desperate enough. I agree that it's a silly article in any respect. I mean, if she could command troops 48 years ago (to my best knowledge they served as nurses and support in the military back then, even at the front lines, but not as combat units) then she might have done that and gotten killed and Obama would never have been born, so I guess we'd better scrap the military, right?

Written By: Jessica on 10/17/08 at 11:10 am

That is just so farfetched and stupid, that I have nothing else to say on it. ::)

Subject: Re: National Review: Obama's dead mother would have aborted him had it been lega

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/17/08 at 11:18 am

National Review is a Right Wing Neocon rag magazine.  Anyone who takes it at face value revels in propaganda.  Coincidentally I think a lot of people wouldn't have been born if their Mother's felt abortion was an option.  That's just a reality.

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/17/08 at 1:26 pm

Unless the content has been changed, the article doesn't state that she would have had an abortion. It simply states that abortions had been legal then she might have gotten one. Of course, even if abortions weren't legal she might have gotten an illegal abortion if she were desperate enough. I agree that it's a silly article in any respect. I mean, if she could command troops 48 years ago (to my best knowledge they served as nurses and support in the military back then, even at the front lines, but not as combat units) then she might have done that and gotten killed and Obama would never have been born, so I guess we'd better scrap the military, right?

"silly article" no... "stupid article" yes.

would have... might have... small difference if you read the leading manner in which it's written.  I think William F. Buckley is spinning in his grave now that these neocon scum have pretty much obliterated what a true conservative used to be and taken over the paper he founded.  This is the kind of crap you read in Chick Tracts or evangelical bulletins.

Subject: Re: National Review: Obama's dead mother would have aborted him had it been lega

Written By: thereshegoes on 10/17/08 at 1:31 pm

National Review is a Right Wing Neocon rag magazine.  Anyone who takes it at face value revels in propaganda.  Coincidentally I think a lot of people wouldn't have been born if their Mother's felt abortion was an option.  That's just a reality.

Yep most of us are accidents anyway.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/17/08 at 4:02 pm

On principle I'm not going to give NR's sight another click.  Those guys are doojnozzles.  At least when Bill Buckley was running the joint they could claim some scrap of intellectual integrity; now they're Sean Hannity school!
::)

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/21/08 at 5:23 am

Sounds like toilet paper for the outhouse.

Check for new replies or respond here...