» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Obama Roasts McCain - with him present - at diner - video - too funny

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/17/08 at 9:05 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5SWQJWm6Tg

he's a bit stiff and wooden in his delivery, but the crowd seemed to dig it

Subject: Re: Obama Roasts McCain - with him present - at diner - video - too funny

Written By: danootaandme on 10/17/08 at 9:21 am

;D ;D That is great, much better than the snippets on the news(of course)  McCain really gave it to the Clintons, too.

Subject: Re: Obama Roasts McCain - with him present - at diner - video - too funny

Written By: philbo on 10/17/08 at 9:26 am

Calling the Waldorf Astoria a "diner" is a bit understated, don't you think?

My favourite line was the "from the doorway, you can see all the way to the Russian tea-room"... I got the feeling that Obama wasn't 100% sure of how some of the jokes would be taken, there was that sort of hesitancy in some of the delivery.

The link from the Grauniad website had some of McCain's jokes, too: it must have been quite a fun event.  Both of them can deliver a line better than the current incumbent.  Not that that's saying much.

Written By: SemperYoda on 10/17/08 at 10:03 am

Barrack means "That One" in Swahili.  That was pretty funny I thought.  The tea-room was good too. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/17/08 at 1:04 pm

I saw it last night-a couple of times and I did think it was great. I, too like the Russian Tea Room comment but it took me (and I suspect the room) a few seconds to "get it". If you hear the room on that one, at first there were a few laughs but as Barack paused, the laughs got louder. Another thing I thought was funny when he talked about his middle name. He was given his middle name by someone who didn't think he would run for president.

Did anyone noticed McCain's reaction when Obama mentioned that he has the ears like Alfred E. Newman? Even though McCain laughed (and clapped a bit), it looks like he had no idea who Alfred E. Newman is.

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/17/08 at 1:21 pm

Did anyone noticed McCain's reaction when Obama mentioned that he has the ears like Alfred E. Newman? Even though McCain laughed (and clapped a bit), it looks like he had no idea who Alfred E. Newman is.

This month's Mad Magazine features Alrfred E. in a parody of the famous "Change" poster.  Seems an appropriate joke indeed.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/17/08 at 4:05 pm

Two Politicians, One Cup!
8-P

Written By: audkal on 10/17/08 at 9:23 pm

They were both funny, it was great!

Written By: Brian06 on 10/17/08 at 9:29 pm

I watched both of their speeches last night, they were funny.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...