» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: McCain is 95% Bush

Written By: Sweet Illest Baby on 10/18/08 at 4:48 am

How can a person who doesn't like Bush vote for McCain when he agrees with him on 95% of the issues?

Maverick my ass.  ::)

Subject: Re: McCain is 95% Bush

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/18/08 at 9:41 am

So true. But this Election is very Shot-in-the-Dark situation.

Written By: EthanM on 10/18/08 at 9:59 am

So true. But this Election is very Shot-in-the-Dark situation.

how so?

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/18/08 at 2:22 pm

how so?

I was for Obama, but I realized that he doesn't have much experience, and for McCain he's just McSame or McBush.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/18/08 at 2:39 pm

How can a person who doesn't like Bush vote for McCain when he agrees with him on 95% of the issues?

Ah yes but that one thing he disagreed with Bush on could win him the election.  Give me a minute to figure out exactly what he disagreed with him on. :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/18/08 at 3:03 pm

Ah yes but that one thing he disagreed with Bush on could win him the election.  Give me a minute to figure out exactly what he disagreed with him on. :-\\

Bush wouldn't hire Joe the Plumber.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 10/19/08 at 4:43 am

Bush wouldn't hire Joe the Plumber.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Looking at his qualifications, I wouldn't either  ::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/20/08 at 10:43 am

Looking at his qualifications, I wouldn't either  ::)

He isn't even licensed to be a plumber and he's got a tax lien on his house.  At least Bush doesn't risk it on morons with nothing to offer.

Written By: philbo on 10/20/08 at 11:20 am

At least Bush doesn't risk it on morons with nothing to offer.

Is that because he *is* a moron with nothing to offer?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/20/08 at 12:10 pm

Is that because he *is* a moron with nothing to offer?

Well yes, very few people like competition.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/20/08 at 1:58 pm

He isn't even licensed to be a plumber and he's got a tax lien on his house.  At least Bush doesn't risk it on morons with nothing to offer.

Well, BobBarr would say he shouldn't be required to have a license to ply his trade, and there shouldn't be taxes on his house in the first place!
:D

Well yes, very few people like competition.

Yes, you've zeroed in on an essential problem.  From the pusher on the street to the CEO of Pfizer, every businessman wants to corner the market.  As George Carlin said, "If you can't beat 'em, arrange to have them beaten."  Hence organized crime and politics are kissing cousins and the above-mentioned Libertarian program is DOA on account of human nature!
::)

Written By: nally on 10/29/08 at 11:30 am

I have no idea. Mccain himself said that he even "voted with Bush 90% of the time"!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/29/08 at 12:39 pm

He's now repeating the same slogans over and over again and waiting for the clock to run out.  I somehow doubt "redistributionist-in-chief" will find a place in the political lexicon!
:D

Check for new replies or respond here...