» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Anyone seen W?

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/24/08 at 3:37 pm

The film by Oliver Stone? In one way, I would like to see it.

Subject: Re: Anyone seen W?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/24/08 at 7:32 pm

I'll only go to see it if the right people recommend it.  Othewise, I'll wait for the DVD.

I think I'll find a movie like that funnier in a few years.  Right now, I'm just too sick of Shrub.
8-P

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/25/08 at 5:59 pm

I'll only go to see it if the right people recommend it.  Othewise, I'll wait for the DVD.

I think I'll find a movie like that funnier in a few years.  Right now, I'm just too sick of Shrub.
8-P

You opinion on Bush is right...He IS a small shrub that even his dog can't even piss on. (Does Dubya have a dog?)

But I may wait for it to be on DVD since I'm not a guy who goes to the movies. I may ask my second-boss at church about it. (His opinion on Bush is like yours.)

Written By: philbo on 10/26/08 at 5:48 am

Here was me thinking that you meant the President had vanished from sight... I mean, he has been keeping a much lower profile recently (not many people know the OS, but I'm tempted to update Tom Lehrer's "Whatever happened to Hubert")

Written By: EthanM on 10/26/08 at 9:03 am

Here was me thinking that you meant the President had vanished from sight... I mean, he has been keeping a much lower profile recently (not many people know the OS, but I'm tempted to update Tom Lehrer's "Whatever happened to Hubert")

I know it, and judging from recent experience it's probably more well known among amiright regulars than most if not all current top 40 radio staples. Go for it.

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/26/08 at 12:12 pm

I know it, and judging from recent experience it's probably more well known among amiright regulars than most if not all current top 40 radio staples. Go for it.

After Bush leaves, he'll probably be in hiding maybe forever. (To think, he's related to Peirce!)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/26/08 at 5:13 pm

;D

I remember that song!

Maybe Dumbya will do like Nixon did, retreat to some plush getaway and write books (or coloring books in W's case).

Written By: danootaandme on 10/27/08 at 8:22 am

He will do what he has always done.  Depend on poppy to take care of it for him

Written By: philbo on 10/27/08 at 9:05 am

Go for it.

Submitted...

Maybe Dumbya will do like Nixon did, retreat to some plush getaway and write books (or coloring books in W's case).

Reminds me of the comedian who said "I've just finished my first book - took me two years.  Someday I hope to read another one"

Written By: philbo on 10/29/08 at 9:01 am

For anyone who doesn't keep an eye on Amiright: Whatever became of Dubya

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/29/08 at 12:19 pm

It's going to be called Crawford and he may do what Madonna did...write children's books. (Or maybe Children's coloring books).

Written By: whistledog on 10/30/08 at 1:28 am

I've only seen the trailers, but given it's an Oliver Stone film about politics, any bets on how many Oscar Nominations it will recieve?

I say "will" because can you tell me a Political film Stone made that didn't get an Oscar nod?  It's like instant gold for him

Written By: danootaandme on 10/30/08 at 5:54 am

Richard Dreyfus(he played Cheney) was on The View the other day and talked about playing Cheney.  He let it be known in no uncertain terms the contempt he has for the man.

Written By: Dagwood on 10/30/08 at 7:39 am

Richard Dreyfus(he played Cheney) was on The View the other day and talked about playing Cheney.  He let it be known in no uncertain terms the contempt he has for the man.

I thought his answer as to why he took the part was hilarious "for the money" ;D  I came out of that interview with a lot of respect for Dreyfus.  I love that he encouraged people to thing, not just blindly believe.  There are many people I know of on both sides of the aisle that could use that advise.  (mostly the ones sending email crap without checking validity. ::))

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/30/08 at 10:28 pm

Dreyfus?  I can't see him being a good Cheney.  If I was going to make a movie about the Dubya administration, I'd make it a gothic-comedy like the Addams Family or the Munsters!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/frankie.gif

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/30/08 at 10:51 pm

Dreyfus?  I can't see him being a good Cheney.  If I was going to make a movie about the Dubya administration, I'd make it a gothic-comedy like the Addams Family or the Munsters!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/frankie.gif

Munsters:

Bush-Herman
Cheney-Grandpa
Laura-Lilly
Condi-Marylin
Kucinich-Eddie

Addams:

Gomez-Bush
Morticia-Laura
Lurch-Cheney
Fester-Rumsfeld
Grandmama-Barbra
Wednesday-Condi
Pugsely-Powell
Itt-McCain

Sorry...that's all I could think of. :-(

Check for new replies or respond here...