» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Un-American Pie

Written By: EthanM on 11/03/08 at 2:34 pm

I don't usually do this (I don't think I ever have) but I wrote a political parody that will be kind of outdated after tomorrow and i'd like to see what politically (and generally) literate people think of it, and this seems like a good place for that. The link is here:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/donmclean136.shtml

Subject: Re: Un-American Pie

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/03/08 at 2:51 pm

I never knew you wrote parodies!

I wrote a few too, but I use my actual name.

Written By: EthanM on 11/03/08 at 2:55 pm

I spend quite a bit more time over at the parodies thread than here.  I use my actual name too, but it's a lot closer to my inthe00s name than yours is.  I know I've read at least one of yours but I don't think I knew the song you were using.

Written By: philbo on 11/04/08 at 9:02 am

I never knew you wrote parodies!

I wrote a few too, but I use my actual name.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your actual name?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/04/08 at 2:02 pm

Well, I'm not one for writing parodies but every now and again, I will have a few lines that will stick in my head.

Several years ago, it was "I'm a Dole Man" (as opposed to Soul Man) and this year is, "I see a red state and I want to change it blue" (parody of the Rolling Stone's Paint it Black).

If any of you wonderful parody writers want to take a jab at those, be my guest.

Cat

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/04/08 at 2:06 pm

Well, I'm not one for writing parodies but every now and again, I will have a few lines that will stick in my head.

Several years ago, it was "I'm a Dole Man" (as opposed to Soul Man) and this year is, "I see a red state and I want to change it blue" (parody of the Rolling Stone's Paint it Black).

If any of you wonderful parody writers want to take a jab at those, be my guest.

Cat

Any links to these?

Written By: EthanM on 11/04/08 at 2:11 pm

and this year is, "I see a red state and I want to change it blue" (parody of the Rolling Stone's Paint it Black).

Cat

A few days earlier I might've given it a shot but it's a bit late now.

Check for new replies or respond here...