» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Project the Electoral College

Written By: Brian06 on 11/03/08 at 3:18 pm

I'm going with 353-185 Obama as an optimistic projection. NC, VA, FL, OH to Obama. MO to McCain.  ;)

Subject: Re: Project the Electoral College

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/03/08 at 3:23 pm

Let the pundits speculate on the numbers.  I'm just setting my teeth and gripping the safety bar.  Hope I don't puke!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/scared.gif

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/03/08 at 4:33 pm

Obama 273, McCain 265.  I think Obama could potentially win VA, NC, OH and FL, but not holding my breath :P

Written By: Brian06 on 11/03/08 at 4:46 pm

Obama 273, McCain 265.  I think Obama could potentially win VA, NC, OH and FL, but not holding my breath :P

As long as it's 270+ honestly I don't care lol.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/03/08 at 4:53 pm

As long as it's 270+ honestly I don't care lol.

Yeah, I don't think it'll be as big of a blowout as the polls suggest but I think Obama has enough states in play to ensure a victory.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/03/08 at 10:12 pm

I'm going with 353-185 Obama as an optimistic projection. NC, VA, FL, OH to Obama. MO to McCain.  ;)

I'm going to start with the electoral-vote.com prediction of 353-185. 

While it wouldn't surprise me to see it come true just as predicted, I'm going to bet that McCain picks up one of OH, PA, or NC.  Gun to my head, I'd say PA's the one that goes to McCain on the "coal/bankrupt" thing that got some play this weekend.  332-206. 

Obama will do no worse than 300 electoral votes.  It won't be close enough to contest, which is the important thing from the perspective of keeping the riots to a minimum.  (There'll be riots in the inner cities, but they'll be happy rioters, not angry rioters, which is probably for the best.)

Written By: McDonald on 11/03/08 at 10:41 pm

Project it, right into the river. It's worthless. Get rid of it.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/03/08 at 11:57 pm

Project it, right into the river. It's worthless. Get rid of it.

Unfortunately, this is unlikely to ever happen.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/05/08 at 7:11 am

Pretty good call

Written By: Brian06 on 11/05/08 at 2:32 pm

Pretty good call

I pretty much just went with the polls and thankfully the polls were nearly spot on. So right now it appears it will be 364-174 in the EC if NC stays for Obama and MO for McCain. I'm really glad Indiana which was real close looks to have gone blue as well. MO looks to be a very narrow victory for John McCain and NC a narrow victory for Barack Obama. And I'm very proud of my state of Ohio for finally waking up and voting for Obama by a pretty decent margin. Very solid victory in the electoral college and popular vote. On top of being the first African-American President, Obama is the first Democrat since Jimmy Carter in 1976 to receive a majority (>50%) of the popular vote, and the first non-southerner Democrat to win the presidency since John F. Kennedy in 1960!

Check for new replies or respond here...