» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: 2008 US Election Results Thread

Written By: Brian06 on 11/04/08 at 6:18 pm

Last polls in VA, IN, VT, KY, SC, GA close at 7:00 PM EST. Next is OH, WV, NC at 7:30 PM. Election night is here!

Subject: Re: 2008 US Election Results Thread

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 6:24 pm

Oh joy!  :D

Live blogs have been pretty boring and there's no hard data yet...guess we'll have to wait a bit more.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/04/08 at 6:25 pm

Dixville Notch, N.H. the first time it has gone Democrat since 1968

ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5grwUADvRzUMaEoHj9bHMtdylvOLAD947U2300

Obama wins in earliest vote in tiny Dixville, NH

17 hours ago

DIXVILLE NOTCH, N.H. (AP) — Democrat Barack Obama came up a big winner in the presidential race in Dixville Notch, N.H., where the nation's first Election Day votes were cast and counted early Tuesday.
Obama defeated John McCain 15-6. Independent Ralph Nader was also on the ballot, but received no votes.
The first voter, following tradition established in 1948, was picked ahead of the midnight voting and the rest of the town's 21 registered voters followed suit in Tuesday's first minutes.
Town Clerk Rick Erwin says the northern New Hampshire town is proud of its tradition, but says the most important thing is that the turnout represents a 100 percent vote.
President Bush won the vote in Dixville Notch in 2004 on the way to his re-election.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/04/08 at 6:30 pm

Less than a half hour, my computer is going to be shut off and I am going to be camped out in front of CNN. I'm wondering if this is going to be an early or late night.

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 11/04/08 at 6:31 pm

Less than a half hour, my computer is going to be shut off and I am going to be camped out in front of CNN. I'm wondering if this is going to be an early or late night.

Cat

I'm letting myself get a bit optimistic.  I don't want to jinx it though.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 6:32 pm

Methinks if VA and NC go Obama, you can pretty much call the race, but otherwise we'd probably have to wait until the next round of closes at least.

Written By: Brian06 on 11/04/08 at 6:39 pm

Obama very well could win Indiana, I mean hell the very fact that Indiana is close at all you have to say that's very bad news for John McCain.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 6:41 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25362046?ocid=d08ElectionNightMSN

:o :o

If you click later it'll change, but I'm just really surprised by the little spot in the southwest of the state...

Written By: Tam on 11/04/08 at 7:01 pm

First polls now closed!!!!!!!!!!

As per CNN current count

Obama 003  McCain 008

Written By: nally on 11/04/08 at 7:06 pm

Obama very well could win Indiana, I mean hell the very fact that Indiana is close at all you have to say that's very bad news for John McCain.

Yeah, there are some polls that lean slightly in Obama's favor for Indiana. That would be somewhat surprising, considering that Indiana has gone Republican for the last several elections.

Written By: Brian06 on 11/04/08 at 7:07 pm

KY for McCain and VT for Obama the first calls, no surprises there.

Written By: nally on 11/04/08 at 7:09 pm

I just checked the map on the AOL homepage and it didn't have Vermont colored in yet. I trust that it went to Obama though. ;)

Written By: Brian06 on 11/04/08 at 8:01 pm

ABC News has projected PA for Obama!

Written By: Tam on 11/04/08 at 8:06 pm

As per CNN current count

Obama 077 McCain 034

Written By: karen on 11/04/08 at 8:10 pm

The polls have just closed in CT

Written By: karen on 11/04/08 at 8:13 pm

Elizabeth says Obama has 102 McCain 34 according to the TV

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 8:14 pm

ABC News has projected PA for Obama!

FOX says too close to call...I'm more surprised about the early butt-whuppin' in NC, it seems NC will go to Obama if the trend continues as Elizabeth Dole just lost her Senate seat as well...

Written By: Tam on 11/04/08 at 8:15 pm

Elizabeth says Obama has 102 McCain 34 according to the TV

That's projected.... ABC and MSNBC are doing projections ;)

Written By: karen on 11/04/08 at 8:17 pm

That's projected.... ABC and MSNBC are doing projections ;)

Aah I think that subtlety would be beyond her

Written By: Step-chan on 11/04/08 at 8:19 pm

Yeah, there are some polls that lean slightly in Obama's favor for Indiana. That would be somewhat surprising, considering that Indiana has gone Republican for the last several elections.

So far McCain was slighty ahead of Obama the last I seen(before 8:00) and that was with about 13% of Indiana's vote counted. I don't know what it is at the moment though. But the percentage points weren't too big of a gap at that point, around 3.

It would be good to see Obama get Indiana(since I live there, it will improve the opinion of I have of the state alittle).

I think it's going to be close either way.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 8:26 pm

Have they counted Gary, Indianapolis and South Bend yet?  Fort Wayne?

Written By: Tam on 11/04/08 at 8:30 pm

CNN

Obama 081 McCain 034

new closing to follow

Written By: Brian06 on 11/04/08 at 8:41 pm

Looks like CNN has also called PA for Obama now.

Written By: Jessica on 11/04/08 at 8:44 pm

Looks like CNN has also called PA for Obama now.

Fox News is saying that McCain's camp has filed a formal objection against the news networks for calling PA in Obama's favor. ::)

Written By: Brian06 on 11/04/08 at 8:45 pm

Kay Hagan (D) is projected to beat Elizabeth Dole (R) in the big NC senate race as well.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/04/08 at 8:46 pm

With PA in the Obama column, it's already over. 

Even if McCain carries FL and OH, stick a fork in him, he's done. 

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 8:47 pm

We'll have to see...I'm annoyed that Virginia is such a beatdown so far against Obama.

With PA in the Obama column, it's already over. 

Even if McCain carries FL and OH, stick a fork in him, he's done. 

We shall see, we shall see...but I don't think McCain is taking FL if the current trend has any bearing.

Written By: Tia on 11/04/08 at 8:47 pm

^^

you heard it here first! :D

Written By: Tam on 11/04/08 at 8:48 pm

Kay Hagan (D) is projected to beat Elizabeth Dole (R) in the big NC senate race as well.

CNN said Elizabeth has already lost her seat ???

Written By: Tia on 11/04/08 at 8:56 pm

I CAN'T STAND IT! :o

Written By: Tia on 11/04/08 at 9:02 pm

now BHO is ahead again.

Written By: Tia on 11/04/08 at 9:04 pm

now mccain's ahead again!  :\'( :o

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 9:05 pm

They shouldn't call anything until 50% of the vote has been counted :P

Written By: Dagwood on 11/04/08 at 9:07 pm

They shouldn't call anything until 50% of the vote has been counted :P

I agree.  It is ridiculous to call a state with 11% reporting. ::)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 9:08 pm

Like, I don't understand how they could put up Obama 45/McCain 53 and still call Michigan for Obama.  It's counterintuitive :P

Written By: Tia on 11/04/08 at 9:11 pm

I agree.  It is ridiculous to call a state with 11% reporting. ::)
foo bar done called the election already!  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 11/04/08 at 9:12 pm

Here's a good example.  They have already called Wyoming for McCain with 0% reporting, less than 1000 votes counted.  DRIVES ME INSANE!!!!!!!!

Well then, heck, why bother even counting votes? :D

Written By: Jessica on 11/04/08 at 9:14 pm

All this waiting is making my butthole pucker with anxiety.

Where's my xanax.....

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 9:16 pm

Holy F'ing S!  Obama's within 30000 votes in VA now!  :o

Written By: Jessica on 11/04/08 at 9:18 pm

Holy F'ing S!  Obama's within 30000 votes in VA now!  :o

I told you we should have gone downtown to the rally!  There's only eleventy million people in Grant Park. :D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 9:23 pm

No :P

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 9:24 pm

Ohio to Obama!

Written By: Brian06 on 11/04/08 at 9:25 pm

It's over John. LMAO

Written By: Jessica on 11/04/08 at 9:26 pm

I'm not going to get cocky yet.  Don't count your chickens before they hatch and all that. :D

Written By: Brian06 on 11/04/08 at 9:29 pm

The Cleveland area has barely come in at all in Ohio too.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 9:31 pm

He's very close in both VA and IN.  Yikes.

Written By: Brian06 on 11/04/08 at 9:35 pm

CNN has now called Ohio.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/04/08 at 9:37 pm

/takes a bow.

OH and NM, two more nails in the coffin.  It was over with PA (he needed all of OH, PA, VA, NC, FL, and IN to make it competitive -- losing any of those states ends it for McCain), but Ohio makes it truly official.

If you're an Obama supporter, it's time to carve up the moose steaks, buy a keg of the finest microbrew that money can buy, and chug it as if you had a free liver transplant.  If you're a McCain supporter, follow the wisdom of Ferris Bueller: It's over.  Go home!

Written By: Jessica on 11/04/08 at 9:41 pm

/takes a bow.

OH and NM, two more nails in the coffin.  It was over with PA (he needed all of OH, PA, VA, NC, FL, and IN to make it competitive -- losing any of those states ends it for McCain), but Ohio makes it truly official.

If you're an Obama supporter, it's time to carve up the moose steaks, buy a keg of the finest microbrew that money can buy, and chug it as if you had a free liver transplant.  If you're a McCain supporter, follow the wisdom of Ferris Bueller: It's over.  Go home!

;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/04/08 at 9:48 pm

/takes a bow.

that's basically it... McCain losing PN and OH is just the end of it.  The projections show Obama now within 70 votes of 270.  You think McCain can carry California?  Because that state alone is enough to put Obama within striking distance. 

I'm surprised the popular vote is still as close as it is.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/04/08 at 9:51 pm

My sister called me today because when she went to vote she started crying and couldn't stop.  I had more self control, but still there were tears in my eyes.  For African Americans who know the history of the country this is a moment that i would say we hoped would see, but never really believed we would see.  When it came time to mark my ballot I marked the Obama circle last, I had to savor the moment.  I think that I will savor the moment for the next four years.   8)

Written By: Dagwood on 11/04/08 at 10:06 pm

Please, can someone explain how New Mexico can be called for Obama but McCain has 10,000 more votes? 

Written By: Jessica on 11/04/08 at 10:08 pm

My sister called me today because when she went to vote she started crying and couldn't stop.  I had more self control, but still there were tears in my eyes.  For African Americans who know the history of the country this is a moment that i would say we hoped would see, but never really believed we would see.  When it came time to mark my ballot I marked the Obama circle last, I had to savor the moment.  I think that I will savor the moment for the next four years.   8)

And I'm damned glad you guys get to see that moment and savor it.  Too bad it took freakin' forever. ::)

Please, can someone explain how New Mexico can be called for Obama but McCain has 10,000 more votes?  

They did that with Michigan, too.  Obama is now ahead in MI, so maybe they know something we don't know....???

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 10:09 pm

Obama's leading in VA and NC and is within spitting distance of IN!  :o :o

Written By: Dagwood on 11/04/08 at 10:10 pm

Obama just surged ahead in NM.  Maybe it was absentee ballots or early voters that hadn't been posted yet.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/04/08 at 10:20 pm

And I'm damned glad you guys get to see that moment and savor it.  Too bad it took freakin' forever. ::)

I don't know... 50 years from the civil rights movement to the presidency... two generations.  That's pretty good progress for such an ingrained behavior to be reversed.

They did that with Michigan, too.  Obama is now ahead in MI, so maybe they know something we don't know....???

if you know that districts 1,5 and 7 tend to vote democrat and they start showing up republican by a large percentage, you can make the assumption that most of the similar districts are going to do the same... Usually you aren't getting an entire voting district at once, you're getting maybe 10% of it.  If you know a really large district is likely to swing one way you can guess a similar portion of votes will do the same.  So if a bunch of small districts report 100% at the same time the larger ones only report 10% of the vote count, it ends up looking lopsided because the total vote count is larger.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/04/08 at 10:25 pm

if you know that districts 1,5 and 7 tend to vote democrat and they start showing up republican by a large percentage, you can make the assumption that most of the similar districts are going to do the same... Usually you aren't getting an entire voting district at once, you're getting maybe 10% of it.  If you know a really large district is likely to swing one way you can guess a similar portion of votes will do the same.  So if a bunch of small districts report 100% at the same time the larger ones only report 10% of the vote count, it ends up looking lopsided because the total vote count is larger.

Makes sense to me.  Utah popped up red as soon as the polls closed and Obama still has more votes.  I think Utah may be closer than it has ever been.

Written By: Jessica on 11/04/08 at 10:30 pm

I don't know... 50 years from the civil rights movement to the presidency... two generations.  That's pretty good progress for such an ingrained behavior to be reversed.

Gotcha. :)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 10:34 pm

Having lived in NC for a while I hope Obama can come back to win the state...9000 down with 84% in :o

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/04/08 at 10:39 pm

updated results on the Golden State.  1 more California vote just in for McCain. lookout Obama  8) 
I just got off work and only 2 people voting at my polling place.

Written By: Tia on 11/04/08 at 10:50 pm

updated results on the Golden State.  1 more California vote just in for McCain. lookout Obama  8) 
I just got off work and only 2 people voting at my polling place.
badfinger-fan! i just discovered you were a republican, i cried a river.

what about how you listen to all that hippie rock? what happened to you being a dirty filthy hippy-rock drug addict? i'm deeply disappointed to learn that you're a bedrock hard-working blue-collar american.  :\'( i hope you'll change your mind and join my comrades and i.

Written By: Jessica on 11/04/08 at 10:53 pm

what about how you listen to all that hippie rock? what happened to you being a dirty filthy hippy-rock drug addict? i'm deeply disappointed to learn that you're a bedrock hard-working blue-collar american.  :\'( i hope you'll change your mind and join my comrades and i.

See, I was going to tease him about it, but I didn't want anyone to get offended. :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/04/08 at 10:57 pm

that's basically it... McCain losing PN and OH is just the end of it.  The projections show Obama now within 70 votes of 270.  You think McCain can carry California?

Karma for making me laugh.  McCain carrying California is about as likely as me starring in Nailin' Palin II.  By which, I mean the one starring me, the real Tina Fey and the real Sarah Palin. 

Because that state alone is enough to put Obama within striking distance. 

I'm surprised the popular vote is still as close as it is.

I'm not surprised by the popular vote -- it's all about which states in which the votes are concentrated.  You can win the Presidency by losing the popular vote, as long as you lose the right states by large margins, and win the right states by razor-slim margins.  It's the way the system was designed. 

Wedge politics has created a 50/50 electorate, because it's cheaper to sway 5% of the "undecided" on some narrow wedge issue than it is to build a broad base of popular support by virtue of having a better political platform than the other guy.  The goal is to ensure that the Demopublicans and Republicrats can forever exclude third parties, but not to place the Presidency in the hands of a lawsuit or recount over one state's electoral votes.  If anything, wedge politics worked too well in 2000 (recorded result in Floriduh was within experimental error of the voting process, and every state mattered) and 2004 (result was outside the bounds of experimental error, but within the bounds of a lawsuit, if one side had wanted to risk civil unrest over Ohio).

The thing that scares me going forward is the business of early voting and vote-by-mail.  At least in CA, the early votes are not counted for seven days.  This is legitimate -- you have to go through the voter records of election night's votes, and eliminate any "early votes" whose voters also showed up at the polling stations.  The problem is that it introduces a dangerous failure mode into the system.

The failure mode in question isn't applicable to 2008, because early voters tend to be younger ("Only old fuddie-duddies wait until November 4th and line up to vote in person") voters, and those voters are heavily skewed towards Obama, and Obama was the likely winner of this election.

But just ponder the horror if we'd done this in 2000 or 2004.  On election night, Candidate X wins Florida (or Ohio), and with it, the election.  One week later, the "early votes" are counted, and because the demographics of early voters are different than the demographics of November 4th voters, and those demographics skew sharply towards Candidate Y, we find out that the "winner" on election night is no longer President-elect.  We're Americans, dammit, and we want our election night results on election night.

Although this nightmare scenario cannot happen in 2008, early voting introduces a failure mode into the electoral system that we really didn't need to introduce.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 10:58 pm

I'm still a Republican, I'm just not voting for one ;D

VA for Obama!

Just checked the numbers...he might not be able to pull it off in IN and NC :(

Written By: Brian06 on 11/04/08 at 11:01 pm

Barack Obama is projected to be the 44th President of the United States! This is amazing. History!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 11:02 pm

Wheeee!

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/04/08 at 11:03 pm

CNN finally swallows its pride and calls it.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t291/smbrinich/Humor/election-outcome.jpg

The naughty-language version is Everybody chill the frack out.  He's got this.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/04/08 at 11:03 pm

I still like rock and roll, meat, guns. I was a dirty filthy hippy-rock drug addict and a Democrat to boot. then after Bill got blown and lied to my face about it, I got disenfrancihised and changed to Republican and then I changed to non-partisan and not sure when or how that happend.  :o  

See, I was going to tease him about it, but I didn't want anyone to get offended. :D
oh go ahead and offend me, or hate me, or hurt me,  it's ok. I like being a misfit outcast underdog. no matter what, like all Americans, I have more right to vote as I wish than someone has to tell me otherwise.  ;D  

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/08 at 11:04 pm

Obama 286 293 297

McCain 141 145

Written By: Jessica on 11/04/08 at 11:05 pm

There are no words, only happy dance.

Written By: karen on 11/04/08 at 11:05 pm

Fox NBC and whatever EyeWitness News is affiliated to have all called Obama as president elect

Written By: Tia on 11/04/08 at 11:06 pm

VA for Obama!
w00t  w00t  w00t  w00t  w00t  w00t w00t w00t w00t w00t w00t w00t w00t

my vote single-handedly made the difference.

so, are we there yet? ???

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 11:06 pm

FTW!

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/08 at 11:06 pm

There are no words, only happy dance.

I know its a good day to call myself an American...even if I'm only 50%

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/04/08 at 11:06 pm

w00t  w00t  w00t  w00t  w00t  w00t w00t w00t w00t w00t w00t w00t w00t

my vote single-handedly made the difference.

so, are we there yet? ???

CNN's homepage just called it for Obama

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/04/08 at 11:07 pm

Obama's got it!!!  After he took PA and Ohio and Virginia McCain should have thrown in the towel.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/04/08 at 11:09 pm

Obama's got it!!!  After he took PA and Ohio and Virginia McCain should have thrown in the towel.

They have to wait for all the polls to close, though.  It wouldn't be right to back out with people still voting. 

Written By: danootaandme on 11/04/08 at 11:10 pm

The Gentlemen from Illinois

http://www.americaslibrary.gov/assets/jb/civil/jb_civil_lincoln2_1_e.jpghttp://www.aroundthewaybooks.com/images/obama.champion.jpg

Written By: danootaandme on 11/04/08 at 11:11 pm

McCain has Conceded

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/04/08 at 11:11 pm

They have to wait for all the polls to close, though.  It wouldn't be right to back out with people still voting. 

McCain was counting on those state.  Their polls closed over three hours ago.

Written By: Tia on 11/04/08 at 11:12 pm

lalala!

i talked to my sweetie tonight but i also wish i'd found a way to go to a party. i'd like to be able to do a toast right now.

8)

bless ya, mccain, mccain was among my favorite candidates in 2000, i think he's a good man who had the misfortune to be caught up in a bad party at a bad time. i hope the dems create an atmosphere of bipartisanship and refuse to play paybacks, regardless of the temptation.

here's to new possibilities.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/04/08 at 11:12 pm

McCain was counting on those state.  Their polls closed over three hours ago.

I understand that, but it isn't fair to the voters who are still voting to concede before the polls close.  

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 11:15 pm

He's up in IN and catching up in NC :o

This really is historic in more ways than one.

I really hope nobody tries to screw up the celebrations :(

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/08 at 11:15 pm

I understand that, but it isn't fair to the voters who are still voting to concede before the polls close.  

their saying Obama has 306 electorial votes now. I think its done.  

Written By: danootaandme on 11/04/08 at 11:15 pm

That is absolutely right. I, for one, think that none of the returns should be announced until all the voting is done, even if it takes a day or two.  

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/04/08 at 11:16 pm

I still like rock and roll, meat, guns. I was a dirty filthy hippy-rock drug addict and a Democrat to boot. then after Bill got blown and lied to my face about it, I got disenfrancihised and changed to Republican and then I changed to non-partisan and not sure when or how that happend.  :o  
oh go ahead and offend me, or hate me, or hurt me,  it's ok. I like being a misfit outcast underdog. no matter what, like all Americans, I have more right to vote as I wish than someone has to tell me otherwise.  ;D  

you can always vote for a third party... I usually do because I know Mass. is solidly blue in national and statewide elections.  Any party able to reach 5% of the vote gets a boost with matching funds, etc.

Personally I'm happy the site isn't strictly liberal, which I hear from time to time from conservatives.

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/08 at 11:16 pm

Obama   306

McCain  145

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/04/08 at 11:16 pm

Well that is a valid point.

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/08 at 11:18 pm

is Jesse Jackson crying because Obama won or crying because Jesse never could?

Written By: Dagwood on 11/04/08 at 11:19 pm

their saying Obama has 306 electorial votes now. I think its done.  

But when Obama got OH and PA, most of the west was still voting and I don't think you should call for concession before the polls close everywhere.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 11:19 pm

The latter.  Jesse Jackson = lame.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/04/08 at 11:19 pm

Probably because he never could. ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/04/08 at 11:19 pm

I'm just eager now to see if Franken wins MN... that would be amazing

Written By: danootaandme on 11/04/08 at 11:20 pm

Much more complicated than that.  African Americans were a big presence in Congress during Reconstruction, then the rights were reversed, they were thrown from their seats, and rights that were gained were taken away...  And it is much more than 2 generations, we have been here since the 1600's.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 11:20 pm

I'm just eager now to see if Franken wins MN... that would be amazing

Because he's good enough?  Or smart enough?

Do enough people like him?

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/08 at 11:21 pm

But when Obama got OH and PA, most of the west was still voting and I don't think you should call for concession before the polls close everywhere.

the count is now Obama 333   McCain 145  I think its a safe call.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/04/08 at 11:21 pm

Probably because he never could. ;D

I've got a strict "no  preachers for president" rule myself... for several decades it seems like the black community only had prominent preachers turned politicians... I think Obama's a big step in the right direction away from that finally.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/04/08 at 11:22 pm

the count is now Obama 333   McCain 145  I think its a safe call.

It was a safe call 20 minutes ago.  Just not 2 hours ago, that's all I am trying to say.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 11:23 pm

McCain is giving a very gracious concession speech.  I like McCain, I hope he continues to be mavericky.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/04/08 at 11:27 pm

Much more complicated than that.  African Americans were a big presence in Congress during Reconstruction, then the rights were reversed, they were thrown from their seats, and rights that were gained were taken away...  And it is much more than 2 generations, we have been here since the 1600's.

Despite getting the positions however, the black community never really had a change of social status or anything else.  The civil rights movement had more to do with fostering the kind of change needed in the country.  

I'm measuring more from when it could be conceivable from a social point of a view that a black man/woman could be elected president, than from when they first appeared in the country.  

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/08 at 11:27 pm

It was a safe call 20 minutes ago.  Just not 2 hours ago, that's all I am trying to say.

If if makes you feel any better McCain finally got 10 more.

333 to 155

Written By: Tia on 11/04/08 at 11:28 pm

score one for the dirty hippies!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tZtJIL5va4

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 11:28 pm

Obama is turning red states blue!  Still has a fighting chance in IN, NC, and now Montana!  :o

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/08 at 11:30 pm

Yeah.

The pilgrims landed in 1620

The first slaves were brought in 1619.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/04/08 at 11:32 pm

McCain is giving a very gracious concession speech.  I like McCain, I hope he continues to be mavericky.

Yeah, I'll give him credit for a good concession.  The guy understands what it means to be an American, even if a (fringe minority) of his followers don't.

Been watching the crowds building in Chicago.  Haven't seen crowds like that at a political event in my lifetime.  Not for Carter, not for Reagan, not Bush I, not Clinton I, not Bush II. 

Written By: danootaandme on 11/04/08 at 11:34 pm

Yeah.

The pilgrims landed in 1620

The first slaves were brought in 1619.

And before the first slaves their were black bondsmen and freemen

Written By: Dagwood on 11/04/08 at 11:35 pm

If if makes you feel any better McCain finally got 10 more.

333 to 155

I don't have a problem with Obama winning.  Never did....only would have had a problem with Hillary.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 11:37 pm

I don't have a problem with Obama winning.  Never did....only would have had a problem with Hillary.

Thank goodness Obama > Hillary.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 11:38 pm

Yeah, I'll give him credit for a good concession.  The guy understands what it means to be an American, even if a (fringe minority) of his followers don't.

Been watching the crowds building in Chicago.  Haven't seen crowds like that at a political event in my lifetime.  Not for Carter, not for Reagan, not Bush I, not Clinton I, not Bush II. 

I think McCain is a good guy too, but he was shackled by the Republican machine and had to cater to the base, which is LOONEY to say the least :P  If he were able to run his campaign mavericky, I think the race would have been closer.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 11:39 pm

Oh, and Obama now leads in IN and NC!  :o

Written By: Tia on 11/04/08 at 11:39 pm

i just got this email from the BHO email list.

"Michael --

I'm about to head to Grant Park to talk to everyone gathered there, but I wanted to write to you first.

We just made history.

And I don't want you to forget how we did it.

You made history every single day during this campaign -- every day you knocked on doors, made a donation, or talked to your family, friends, and neighbors about why you believe it's time for change.

I want to thank all of you who gave your time, talent, and passion to this campaign.

We have a lot of work to do to get our country back on track, and I'll be in touch soon about what comes next.

But I want to be very clear about one thing...

All of this happened because of you.

Thank you,

Barack "

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 11:42 pm

Sweet!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/04/08 at 11:56 pm

WOOOO-HOOOOO!!!!!!

Obama!

Obama!

Obama! 

Obama Rocks!!!!!

Obama's wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful....oh, he really makes it!!!!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/wav.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/partysmiley.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/partygirl.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/party.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/partytime.gif

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/partytime.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/partysmiley.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/partygirl.gif

Newt Gingrich's "permanent Republican majority, huh?"  HOT DOG!
;D

OK...now, we've got a lot of hard work ahead of us...

Written By: Tia on 11/04/08 at 11:56 pm

mccain's concession speech was wonderful, very gracious. the crowd was fierce, too, and his effort to calm them down is historic, i think, i'm hoping this country can start to strike a middle ground. i sensed a real patriotism and a respect for senator obama in mccain's speech that really made me remember why i like the guy.

hell, i think he might make a good secretary of defense. 

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 11:58 pm

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/political-pictures-barack-obama-president.jpg

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/04/08 at 11:59 pm

i just got this email from the BHO email list.

Yep - the email just got read on one of the networks (CBS). 

Back to what's important - pop culture - they were playing Sweet Home Chicago on the field in Chicago. 

Out here on the left coast, the camera feeds are showing streets slowly filling up with people.  Crowds are peaceful and happy.  Downright jubilant.  Beats the hell out of the alternative.  Maybe it's the beer talking, or the 300-point rally in the stock markets, but even I've got the sneaking suspicion that America might just survive to the inaguration.

Here comes the speech.  Close the deal, Obama.  Show these young'uns what it felt like for me when Reagan took over :)

BRB, refilling beer.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/05/08 at 12:01 am

Here comes the speech.  Close the deal, Obama.  Show these young'uns what it felt like for me when Reagan took over :)

BRB, refilling beer.

(Holy shiat, he did it in the first paragrah.)

"We are, and always will be, the United States of America."

*RE*-refilling beer.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/05/08 at 12:13 am

mccain's concession speech was wonderful, very gracious. the crowd was fierce, too, and his effort to calm them down is historic, i think, i'm hoping this country can start to strike a middle ground. i sensed a real patriotism and a respect for senator obama in mccain's speech that really made me remember why i like the guy.

hell, i think he might make a good secretary of defense. 

A good secretary of yelling at kids on his lawn!
:P

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/05/08 at 12:25 am

Great speech.  Epic win.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/05/08 at 12:28 am

you can always vote for a third party... I usually do because I know Mass. is solidly blue in national and statewide elections.  Any party able to reach 5% of the vote gets a boost with matching funds, etc.

Personally I'm happy the site isn't strictly liberal, which I hear from time to time from conservatives.
well, at least now we get to find out who Obama is. ;D    as for 3rd party candidate, Alan keyes was a thought at one time, but I tend to lean towards the military type leaders which is why I know i would have voted for Colin Powell for President if he's have run.  I'd say the majority of people that discuss or post anything political or religious on the site are mainly of the liberal sway and it can be lopsided at times but we can still get along which is something I appreciate from the people here that have different political or religious or non religious beliefs. we will always find some common ground to stand on.  Congratulations to all you Barack Obama supporters.

God bless America  http://www.smileycollector.com/images/smiles/flagwaver.gif

Written By: snozberries on 11/05/08 at 12:35 am

well, at least now we get to find out who Obama is. ;D     as for 3rd party candidate, Alan keyes was a thought at one time, but I tend to lean towards the military type leaders which is why I know i would have voted for Colin Powell for President if he's have run.  I'd say the majority of people that discuss or post anything political or religious on the site are mainly of the liberal sway and it can be lopsided at times but we can still get along which is something I appreciate from the people here that have different political or religious or non religious beliefs. we will always find some common ground to stand on.   Congratulations to all you Barack Obama supporters.

God bless America   http://www.smileycollector.com/images/smiles/flagwaver.gif

nicely said

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/05/08 at 12:37 am

NC and IN are at 99% reporting, and they look to be in the bag for Obama although they haven't called it yet.

Montana is getting a bit closer, Obama still up about 2000 votes.

He really did have a good campaign manager eh.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/05/08 at 12:39 am

nicely said
thanks. So I guess they be partying and breaking out the good stuff in Chicago  tonight

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/05/08 at 12:41 am

A heck of a party it seemed.  Way too many people for comfort though :D

Written By: Jessica on 11/05/08 at 12:44 am

No sense of adventure.  There was only 65,000 people there. ;D

Written By: La Roche on 11/05/08 at 12:46 am

I'm already set to benefit financially from an Obama Presidency. I made an over under bet with a buddy of mine. I said over 350, he said under. Montana, N. Carolina & Indiana are all leaning Democratic.  ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/05/08 at 12:48 am

That's 65000+ BO sources!  :P

Over 100 million votes counted and we've still got a bunch of states to fully count!  Go America!

I'm already set to benefit financially from an Obama Presidency. I made an over under bet with a buddy of mine. I said over 350, he said under. Montana, N. Carolina & Indiana are all leaning Democratic.  ;D

I think NC and IN are in the bag but MT is a bit closer now than it was at the beginning :o

Written By: La Roche on 11/05/08 at 12:50 am

That's 65000+ BO sources!  :P

Over 100 million votes counted and we've still got a bunch of states to fully count!  Go America!

I think NC and IN are in the bag but MT is a bit closer now than it was at the beginning :o

True.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the great state of Missouri will end up blue. St. Louis county and St. Louis city are basically the only counties not with 100% returns and they're REALLY blue, especially the city.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/05/08 at 12:54 am

True.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the great state of Missouri will end up blue. St. Louis county and St. Louis city are basically the only counties not with 100% returns and they're REALLY blue, especially the city.

That would be interesting.  Right now it seems Obama's down 35000 votes in Missouri so he does have a lot of ground to make up.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/05/08 at 12:55 am

NEVER FORGET...

This is an election, not a revolution.

We who voted for Obama are going to have to MAKE Obama and the D. controlled congress do OUR bidding!  It will be an uphill battle!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nono.gif

Written By: La Roche on 11/05/08 at 12:56 am

That would be interesting.  Right now it seems Obama's down 35000 votes in Missouri so he does have a lot of ground to make up.

Yeah, but the Saint Louis metro makes up close to 40% of the population of the state and is (at this moment in time) only about 85% counted with a distinct advantage for Obama.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/05/08 at 12:58 am

What about KC?

Montana is now only 850 up for Obama...

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/05/08 at 1:16 am

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2863/barackobamastamp3mr6.jpg

Because the only Clinton Administration (LP, 2003) I could ever support is one involving George Clinton.  Master of Parliament, Captain of the Mothership.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/05/08 at 1:17 am

I don't mention the Newt attitude of the past 15 years just to gloat.  I mean it as a stearn caution.  The Dems won this time.  OK.  If the treat the GOP like they don't even count, as the GOP did to the Dems, they Dems could find themselves out of power once again in as little as four years.  Dems, DO NOT COPY THE GOP!!!!

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/05/08 at 1:48 am

Dems, DO NOT COPY THE GOP!!!!

I think he'll at least make a good-faith effort on that front.  That was the one thing about Obama that differentiated him from the rest of the Jackass (or Elephant) candidates.  He said as much in his acceptance speech, the gist of which was that it was well past time to move past the red/blue state BS that's monopolized politics for the past 12 (definitely 8, and arguably 16) years, and get back to that whole e pluribus unum schtick. 

I remember, some weeks after the 2000 elections, sitting on a bus and overhearing a conversation between strangers.  To skip the boring bits, let's just say that one was R, the other D, and both were willing to shrug their shoulders at Floriduh's results, let the courts work it out, and abide by the court's decision.  It felt great in 2000 to know that, at least on one bus, the system worked.  Were history to repeat itself, that conversation wouldn't happen today.  We need to get the country back to the point at which such a conversation could happen again.

As a policy wonk at heart, it bugs me to admit that this country is so far gone that it's no longer about policy, it's about rhetoric.  Obama speaks to his generation very much like Reagan spoke to his generation.  I don't think he'll actually change anything about how Washington's run (McCain wouldn't have changed anything either), but Obama might be able to change the way his subjects feel about it.  In that respect, he's the better guy for the job than McCain was.

I wish him luck.  He'll need it.  He's been handed a bowl of steaming crap with which to work, but we'll see how he does.

Hey, has anyone been following the Senate races?  Does he have a filibuster-proof Senate or not yet?  Either way, let's hope he does a better job than the last guy who had control of the Senate, the House, the Presidency, and who campaigned on "changing the tone of Washington".

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/05/08 at 2:02 am

way too many. it almost looked like another country with all those people out. lots of happy people, lots of sad ones too. we move onwards, hopefully to better days. 

Written By: Tia on 11/05/08 at 7:04 am

well this is odd.

http://wonkette.com/404178/cnns-greatest-moment-of-the-year

Written By: danootaandme on 11/05/08 at 7:10 am

:o  uh...hmmmmm.....

Written By: Tia on 11/05/08 at 7:44 am

:o  uh...hmmmmm.....
i dont think the world is ready for princess leia technology.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/05/08 at 8:05 am

I know I'm not    ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 11/05/08 at 8:16 am

That was just weird.

Written By: La Roche on 11/05/08 at 10:18 am

What about KC?

Montana is now only 850 up for Obama...

Looks like McCain won by about 7,500 votes.

Written By: thereshegoes on 11/05/08 at 10:58 am

Just beautiful...

Obama won
McCain was a true gentleman
And more importantly the more than 60% of you who showed up to vote 8)

We're all American today.

Congratulations to you all,my friends :)

Written By: Tia on 11/05/08 at 11:21 am

Just beautiful...

Obama won

eloquently said. as you know, obama owes at least one vote to you.  ;) sorry cynthia!

http://iusbvision.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/cynthia_mckinney.jpg

Written By: karen on 11/05/08 at 11:25 am

text of the Obamam speech

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/05/08 at 11:31 am

Just beautiful...

Obama won

Should've been more than 60%.  Slackers :P

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/05/08 at 11:59 am

Just beautiful...

Obama won

Julie voted for her very first time and she was excited about it, and she voted differently than me  and was quite proud of that fact

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/05/08 at 1:33 pm

well, at least now we get to find out who Obama is. ;D     as for 3rd party candidate, Alan keyes was a thought at one time, but I tend to lean towards the military type leaders which is why I know i would have voted for Colin Powell for President if he's have run.  I'd say the majority of people that discuss or post anything political or religious on the site are mainly of the liberal sway and it can be lopsided at times but we can still get along which is something I appreciate from the people here that have different political or religious or non religious beliefs. we will always find some common ground to stand on.   Congratulations to all you Barack Obama supporters.

God bless America   http://www.smileycollector.com/images/smiles/flagwaver.gif

http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/41.gif

well this is odd.

http://wonkette.com/404178/cnns-greatest-moment-of-the-year

I saw that last night when I was watching CNN. I was very disappointed that Jessica Yellin did not say, "Help me Obi Won (or Obama  :D ;D ;D ), you're my only hope."

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/05/08 at 1:46 pm

eloquently said. as you know, obama owes at least one vote to you.  ;) sorry cynthia!

http://iusbvision.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/cynthia_mckinney.jpg

Dude, no one has seen or heard from Cynthia.  Still ticked that she didn't take much stock in the east coast. >:(

Written By: snozberries on 11/05/08 at 2:12 pm

who is this Cynthia woman? She kinda scares me....

I am mad at California for voting Yes on Prop 8 - stupid, closed minded Californian's  >:(

Written By: Dagwood on 11/05/08 at 2:17 pm

Me too.

Written By: snozberries on 11/05/08 at 2:17 pm

Me too.

she's even scarier than your avatar  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 11/05/08 at 2:22 pm

she's even scarier than your avatar  ;D

Now that's saying alot coming from you. :D

Written By: Tia on 11/05/08 at 2:24 pm

georgia congresswoman. (well, ex.) she was noteworthy for opposing the war on terror before it became fashionable to do so and for being a "9/11 truther." also she was running for president on the independent greens ticket.

Written By: Henk on 11/05/08 at 2:24 pm

Cynthia McKinney, presidential candidate for the Green Party.

The woman in the picture is Rosa Clemente, her running mate.

Written By: Powerslave on 11/05/08 at 2:31 pm

I haven't posted here for a very long time, but I have to say that Obama being elected has made me very happy, even though I live in a little country on the other side of the Pacific. His acceptance speech almost made me cry. America needs to get behind him now and help him fix all this mess.

Written By: Henk on 11/05/08 at 2:33 pm

I haven't posted here for a very long time, but I have to say that Obama being elected has made me very happy, even though I live in a little country on the other side of the Pacific. His acceptance speech almost made me cry. America needs to get behind him now and help him fix all this mess.

Welcome back, and karma. :)

Written By: Brian06 on 11/05/08 at 2:37 pm

Agreed his speech was amazing. I am very happy for this country today.

Written By: snozberries on 11/05/08 at 2:44 pm

georgia congresswoman. (well, ex.) she was noteworthy for opposing the war on terror before it became fashionable to do so and for being a "9/11 truther." also she was running for president on the independent greens ticket.

Cynthia McKinney, presidential candidate for the Green Party.

The woman in the picture is Rosa Clemente, her running mate.

thanks.... somehow I missed her but to be honest I didn't pay attention to the Independents because it never seems they can win.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/05/08 at 5:29 pm

NC and IN are at 99% reporting, and they look to be in the bag for Obama although they haven't called it yet.

Montana is getting a bit closer, Obama still up about 2000 votes.

He really did have a good campaign manager eh.

Obama got Indiana, my opinion just went up alittle.

Written By: La Roche on 11/05/08 at 5:31 pm

His acceptance speech almost made me cry.

I'm not too proud to admit that I did.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/05/08 at 6:09 pm

I didn't cry, but I did applaud.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/05/08 at 6:11 pm

I was glad it was a concession speech he was giving and not a victory speech.  I thought it was very good, you know, I think he seemed kinda relieved.

Written By: nally on 11/05/08 at 6:20 pm

So from what I've seen, it appears that North Carolina is still undecided....but from the stats I've seen, it looks like it might ultimately go to Obama, giving him 364 electoral votes. As for McCain's total, I've seen some discrepancies (depending upon sources); I'm thinking that a Nebraska elector might have abstained or something.

Written By: nally on 11/05/08 at 6:57 pm

Having lived in NC for a while I hope Obama can come back to win the state...9000 down with 84% in :o

Even after I saw "100% reporting" for that state, they hadn't called it yet, even with Obama leading 50 to 49%. I mean, Missouri and Montana had been awfully close, but I heard that they both went to McCain.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/05/08 at 7:33 pm

Even after I saw "100% reporting" for that state, they hadn't called it yet, even with Obama leading 50 to 49%. I mean, Missouri and Montana had been awfully close, but I heard that they both went to McCain.

Hollow victories both!

Written By: Brian06 on 11/05/08 at 8:24 pm

So from what I've seen, it appears that North Carolina is still undecided....but from the stats I've seen, it looks like it might ultimately go to Obama, giving him 364 electoral votes. As for McCain's total, I've seen some discrepancies (depending upon sources); I'm thinking that a Nebraska elector might have abstained or something.

Nebraska splits it's Electoral College votes, 2 statewide and 1 for each congressional district for a total of 5. The one district apparently is very close, within 500 votes or so, so there may be a recount there before they call that.

Written By: nally on 11/06/08 at 12:24 pm

Nebraska splits its Electoral College votes, 2 statewide and 1 for each congressional district for a total of 5. The one district apparently is very close, within 500 votes or so, so there may be a recount there before they call that.

Oh okay then. I'd heard that Nebraska and Maine were among the states that "split" their EV's...which does seem somewhat silly to me. :-\\

And I heard on one news site that Obama got the state of North Carolina (as expected), but Missouri was still grey.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/06/08 at 1:59 pm

After 8 long years of shame, I feel proud of my country again.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/06/08 at 2:53 pm

Oh okay then. I'd heard that Nebraska and Maine were among the states that "split" their EV's...which does seem somewhat silly to me. :-\\

And I heard on one news site that Obama got the state of North Carolina (as expected), but Missouri was still grey.

North Carolina and Virginia victories for Obama demonstrates a significant shift in political temper.  I gotta wonder what people in Oklahoma and North Dakota feel they owe to the GOP.
::)

Of course, there's a cultural difference between northern and southern Virginia.  North Carolina is also seeing a population shift.  For instance, my aunt retired there in the '90s after living in NY/CT her entire life.  Whereas states that remain thoroughly red, such as the Plains states, Montana, Idaho, and the Deep South seem to have unshifting or declining populations.  There was some speculation that Montana could go Democratic because there is a progressive population in some areas, but it's still anomolous.  Nevada's exploding urban population explains the shift there.  Arizona was even in question, but it is McCain's home state.  It might go blue in '12.  Texas is a huge state with a signficant progressive population, especially around Austin, but Texas is gonna stay red until hell freezes over!

Written By: Tia on 11/06/08 at 2:58 pm

North Carolina and Virginia victories for Obama demonstrates a significant shift in political temper.  I gotta wonder what people in Oklahoma and North Dakota feel they owe to the GOP.
well, yeah, that too, but someone really needs to explain louisiana to me. if ever a state had a reason to be pissed at the GOP...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/06/08 at 3:09 pm

well, yeah, that too, but someone really needs to explain louisiana to me. if ever a state had a reason to be pissed at the GOP...

As above, they carted a lot of the poor black folks out of there after Katrina.  Furthermore, that demographic was encouraged to have a low turn out down there in the first place!

I live in an indigo-blue area of blue Massachusetts, but all you have to do is drive west for 45 minutes, and you can find plen-ty of hillbillies with Jesus stickers on their gunracks who hate Obama's guts and the f*gs down the Valley who vote for him!

Written By: greenjello74 on 11/06/08 at 7:05 pm

Cat

I thought the CNN coverage was really good. I was planted in front of the tube even before the polls closed. As soon as they projected Barack the winner, hubby and I ran outside grabbed our sign and big giant flag ( we live on a heavily travelled road between Orlando, Fla and the coast),
ran out into the median waving and screaming with delight. So many people honked at us It was great, even to use a word I despise awesome.
The night before we stood at a busy intersection with other supporters and did the same thing.
What a great energizing election this was.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/06/08 at 9:17 pm

I thought the CNN coverage was really good. I was planted in front of the tube even before the polls closed. As soon as they projected Barack the winner, hubby and I ran outside grabbed our sign and big giant flag ( we live on a heavily travelled road between Orlando, Fla and the coast),
ran out into the median waving and screaming with delight. So many people honked at us It was great, even to use a word I despise awesome.
The night before we stood at a busy intersection with other supporters and did the same thing.
What a great energizing election this was.

Get run ova for Obama!
???

Written By: greenjello74 on 11/07/08 at 6:57 pm

Get run ova for Obama!
???

Yep road pizza I would be!!!!!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/08/08 at 7:13 pm

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/11/7/181351/642/918/657083

Looks like Obama took the Omaha vote :)

Written By: Macphisto on 11/08/08 at 7:32 pm

364 to 174 electoral votes.

57 seats in the Senate

257 seats in the House

That's not an election....  That's a beatdown.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/08/08 at 7:37 pm

http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/political.gif

...if the current Congress continues to suck.

Obama should have at least 365 EVs now, with Missouri still in play even though McCain is ahead.

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/10/08 at 1:06 pm

Ohio is always the state that is usually the make-it or break-it for the Republicans.

But since Ohio has went for Obama, McCain didn't have the chance.

The 2008 Elections had the similar margin as 1992 and 1996.

Written By: nally on 11/10/08 at 4:39 pm

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/11/7/181351/642/918/657083

Looks like Obama took the Omaha vote :)

awesome!!

I'd never seen two candidates win a state before. Prior to last week, I didn't know that Nebraska's EVs were split.

So that would give him 365 total.

What about the state of MO? Has it been decided yet??

Written By: snozberries on 11/11/08 at 2:31 pm

a friend of a friend shot this footage as part of a documentary they are doing.... it warms the heart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmXQjGcab74

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/11/08 at 2:52 pm

a friend of a friend shot this footage as part of a documentary they are doing.... it warms the heart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmXQjGcab74

Really cool.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...