» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Congratulations .... President Elect ... Barack Obama !

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/04/08 at 11:07 pm

It's all but over now !  This guy CANNOT be worse than what you guys have had to put up with over the last 8 years !

Well done, Obama!   8)

:)

Edit to this post ... to change 'Barak' to BaraCk' ^  :-[

Subject: Re: Congratulations .... President Elect ... Barak Obama !

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/08 at 11:12 pm

YEah its a goood day

Written By: Dagwood on 11/04/08 at 11:14 pm

Congrats to the next President, President Obama.  History has been made today, that's for sure.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/04/08 at 11:18 pm

I'm breathing a sigh of relief.  Can't wait till he is referred to as President Obama. :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/04/08 at 11:21 pm

I heard about 96% of black people voted for him. I'll tell you ... if I was black ... I'd vote for him just for that TOO .... regardless of what I may have said about  being embarrassed that white folk would do that. Hey ... it's OUR turn ... and I / we ... may NEVER get this chance again !  

However ... the fact that Obama IS a very credible candidate ... well that's the REAL icing on the cake !

I think it's GREAT that a black man is the most powerful man in the world ... I never thought it would happen ... in MY lifetime.

America ... you should be proud of yourselves .... that you ... well MANY of you ... HAVE grown up !

8)

Subject: Re: Congratulations .... President Elect ... Barack Obama !

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 11:21 pm

Well, at least spell it right :P

Congrats to the Obama!  :D

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/08 at 11:23 pm

I heard about 96% of black people voted for him. I'll tell you ... if I was black ... I'd vote for him just for that TOO .... regardless of what I may have said about  being embarrassed that white folk would do that. Hey ... it's OUR turn ... and I / we ... may NEVER get this chance again !  

However ... the fact that Obama IS a very credible candidate ... well that's the REAL icing on the cake !

I think it's GREAT that a black man is the most powerful man in the world ... I never thought it would happen ... in MY lifetime.

America ... you should be proud of yourselves .... that you ... well MANY of you ... HAVE grown up !

8)

If he got the black vote on the basis of being black then Jesse Jackson would have had it years ago.

Plus Obama's half white so did he get the white vote for the same reason?

Written By: danootaandme on 11/04/08 at 11:26 pm

If he got the black vote on the basis of being black then Jesse Jackson would have had it years ago.

You can be half-white, but you are always all black  ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/04/08 at 11:27 pm

Some WHITE people voted for Barak (a lot) ! I suspect more than Jesse (% wise) ... and I DONT think he made it to the final two.

As for the half white bit .... I'll bet that confused SOME rednecks ! :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/04/08 at 11:29 pm

http://www.pentdego.com/prentjes/e2cf00.jpg

Book it. Done.

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/08 at 11:30 pm

You can be half-white, but you are always all black   ;D

tell me something I don't know.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/04/08 at 11:30 pm

I'll bet many MANY black people are pinching themselves today TOO .... isn't this a beautiful dream ... that they TOO ... never thought they'd live to see ?

Tears of joy, and big time partying. So many obstacles to have overcome ... to arrive at this point.

Was watching a doco the other night .. it emerged in the 2004 elections ... that many black people found themselves in line for 2 hours  or more to vote .. but in the rich Republican areas ... the process tended to go much more smoothly.

::)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/04/08 at 11:31 pm

Wonder what  "I'm the President of the United States" sex is like   ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 11:32 pm

Maybe we should ask Monica Lewinsky?

Written By: danootaandme on 11/04/08 at 11:32 pm

Was watching a doco the other night .. it emerged in the 2004 elections ... that many black people found themselves in line for 2 hours  or more to vote .. but in the rich Republican areas ... the process tended to go much more smoothly.

8 hours in some places

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/08 at 11:32 pm

Some WHITE people voted for Barak (a lot) ! I suspect more than Jesse (% wise) ... and I DONT think he made it to the final two.

As for the half white bit .... I'll bet that confused SOME rednecks ! :D

nah Jesse's an idiot.  An idiot with history but still I don't like him at all..

I'm just saying most black folks are too smart to vote for someone just because he is black... Barack had a lot going for him.... first thing being...

He's not Bush

;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 11/04/08 at 11:34 pm

Well, Michelle better figure it out quickly because she probably won't have many opportunities for the next 4 years. :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/04/08 at 11:39 pm

Internationally ... I'm pretty confident MOST countries wanted a Barak win.  I heard earlier on our tv .. 76 % of people here ... in Australia ...  wanted him to win.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/08 at 11:41 pm

Internationally ... I'm pretty confident MOST countries wanted a Barack win.  I heard earlier on our tv .. 76 % of people here ... in Australia ...  wanted him to win.

Fixt.

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/08 at 11:46 pm

Internationally ... I'm pretty confident MOST countries wanted a Barak win.  I heard earlier on our tv .. 76 % of people here ... in Australia ...  wanted him to win.

I was kind of wondering about international reaction... Thats where the countries differ... BBCA had election coverage all night long. No way any US network would pay that much attention to an election outside of the US.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/04/08 at 11:50 pm

Probably closer to 80% in New Zealand in favour of Obama.  8) I'd like to know who the 20% for McCain were?  ::)

Written By: limblifter on 11/05/08 at 12:00 am

Congratulations America! :)

Written By: saver on 11/05/08 at 12:02 am

I said I would pop back in at election time and comment..so take it for the way I see it...

KISS YOUR ASS....ETS GOODBYE....WATCH THE TAXES FLY ALL ABOUT YOU!!!!!!!

And uh....now that you were 'fooled' into believing the fluff of no substance that was mouthed by the Democratic candidate...WHERE THE HECK WILL THE MONEY COME FROM TO DO WHAT HE SAID HE WILL DO?

I'll see you next year as we watch the 'CHANGE' take effect......wanna bet we'll all still be in the same mess we're in now?

I'm hanging on to my wallet.....(and keeping an eye out to see how much I lose after earning $250K a year after working my butt off and the new Pres. wants to let slackers get a ride by distributing my wealth to them.)...But it's obvious it doesn't matter to many on this messageboard.. or the voters..

SEE YOU IN 09?....To be continued ??? 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/05/08 at 12:03 am

Congratulations America! :)

CONGRATULATIONS HUMANITY!!!!!

Written By: danootaandme on 11/05/08 at 12:05 am

It's like the optimism of the 60's again. It makes me afraid for him

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/05/08 at 12:07 am

I said I would pop back in at election time and comment..so take it for the way I see it...

And uh....now that you were 'fooled' into believing the fluff of no substance that was mouthed by the Democratic candidate...WHERE THE HECK WILL THE MONEY COME FROM TO DO WHAT HE SAID HE WILL DO?

I'll see you next year as we watch the 'CHANGE' take effect......wanna bet we'll all still be in the same mess we're in now?

I'm hanging on to my wallet.....(and keeping an eye out to see how much I lose after earning $250K a year after working my butt off and the new Pres. wants to let slackers get a ride by distributing my wealth to them.)...But it's obvious it doesn't matter to many on this messageboard.. or the voters..
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
SEE YOU IN 09?....To be continued ??? 

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif

Youse guys overplayed your hand, now it's time to pay the piper!!!

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/05/08 at 12:08 am

Hey 'Saver' ... THANKS for your sour grapes ! ^
  :P

;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/05/08 at 12:09 am

By the way ... four out of our 5 main channels .... are showing Obama's victory speech even now. This is HUGE over here !

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/05/08 at 12:11 am

They've learned a lot about security since 1968...Obama will be just fine.

And if they dare touch a hair on his head, I'ma go get the f**kers myself!  That's a promise!!!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nono.gif

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/05/08 at 12:19 am

By the way ... 'Saver' ... and ... let's remember this .... if Obama fails to deliver on his many promises ... and it WILL be VERY tough for him to deliver ... with the economy in such a state ... it's coz YOUR guys have stuffed things up so badly ... for the past 8 years !

I read somewhere that neo-nazis wanted him to win ... just because WHOEVER won .... this presidency was likely to be a poisoned chalice ... thanks to the way Bush has stuffed things up (though they didn't say THAT). So .... they're just watching for him to fail .... with the hurdles to overcome.

Good luck, Obama !

Written By: snozberries on 11/05/08 at 12:22 am

I know what you mean.

Written By: snozberries on 11/05/08 at 12:23 am

By the way ... 'Saver' ... and ... let's remember this .... if Obama fails to deliver on his many promises ... and it WILL be VERY tough for him to deliver ... with the economy in such a state ... it's coz YOUR guys have stuffed things up so badly ... for the past 8 years !

I read somewhere that neo-nazis wanted him to win ... just because WHOEVER won .... this presidency was likely to be a poisoned chalice ... thanks to the way Bush has stuffed things up (though they didn't say THAT). So .... they're just watching for him to fail .... with the hurdles to overcome.

Good luck, Obama !

nice retort Alan!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/05/08 at 12:24 am

Good luck, Obama !

Indeed, but if McCain had won, I'd be packing my bags for Costa Rica or something!
:o

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/05/08 at 12:32 am

Hey, I'm down ~35% year to date.  The recent bounce in the indexes has been a welcome respite and has left me with enough capital to trade short-term for as long as we remain trendless.  I think we're going into a Japan-style recession, so it's going to be a trader's market, not an investor's market.  That means my future gains and losses will be short term gains/losses, and the 15% capital gains rate won't apply to them even if Obama were to keep it.

As for the long-term gains, well, compared to where I was just 12 months ago, I might as well have found a woman I hated and given her a house in California.  I'd have still ended up living alone and about ~mumble~hundred grand poorer for it, but at least I'd have gotten laid in the bargain.  The war netted me a few years' pretax salary to me, and I thought the 'pubs would keep things propped up until after the elections.  As the markets have made blatantly obvious, I was wrong, and have consequently (and stupidly) paid back most of those gains to those who were smarter than I.  Water under the bridge... live by the crystal ball, sometimes you eat the crushed glass, etc.

Freedom, it's been said, is just another word for nothing left to lose, and I got no long-term capital gains left on which Obama can raise taxes, so I've got that goin' for me.  Taxes, schmaxes. 

Written By: snozberries on 11/05/08 at 12:33 am

Hey, I'm down 35% year to date.

Compared to where I was just 18 months ago, I might as well have found a woman I hated and given her a house in California.  I'd have still ended up living alone and about ~mumble~hundred grand poorer for it, but at least I'd have gotten laid in the bargain.

On the upside, I got no long-term capital gains left on which Obama can raise taxes!

so instead of getting laid you just got screwed?  :D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/05/08 at 12:36 am

Compared to where I was just 18 months ago, I might as well have found a woman I hated and given her a house in California.  I'd have still ended up living alone and about ~mumble~hundred grand poorer for it, but at least I'd have gotten laid in the bargain.

On the upside, I got no long-term capital gains left on which Obama can raise taxes!

Dollar cost averaging for the win!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/05/08 at 12:39 am

Time to cloister yourself with your Ayn Rand and your Alan Greenspan and your JG Thirwell and we'll see you in four years!

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/05/08 at 12:50 am

so instead of getting laid you just got screwed?  :D

*win*

When things were at their very worst last week, the following two jokes were making their rounds around all the usual hangouts...

Divorced guys: "This market's worse than divorce.  I lost half my net worth, but at least I got laid instead of just screwed."

Bachelor guys: "This market beats divorce.  Sure, at one point I lost half my net worth, but at least I don't have an ex-wife."

Dollar cost averaging for the win!

Hey, it's only money.  They'll print more! :)

Time to cloister yourself with your Ayn Rand and your Alan Greenspan and your JG Thirwell and we'll see you in four years! :P

Thirwell fanbabe (did any women ever enjoy Thirwell?) pickup line:  Come to BEDROCK!

Randroid chick pickup line: Yo, how 'bout I work on your fireplace?

Y'know, on balance, I gotta go with the Foetus here. 

Written By: Tam on 11/05/08 at 12:57 am

Congratulations Obama!!!!!
Happy days are here again... well, it's a steep climb but we will overcome! 8)

You can be half-white, but you are always all black  ;D

The Son always chooses 'Other' - that way he doesn't reject either - he is proud of both.
(So much has changed in such a little time, he never used to embrace his ethnicity.)

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/05/08 at 1:01 am

The Son always chooses 'Other' - that way he doesn't reject either - he is proud of both.
(So much has changed in such a little time, he never used to embrace his ethnicity.)

???  :o  Your from Texas ... aren't you ? 'Bush' state ? Well, I just assumed you'd be Republican.  :-X

Mind you .... the 'Dixie Chicks' are also from there .... and saying they were embarrassed ... to be from his state .... didn't do their careers much good.  :( 

Written By: Tam on 11/05/08 at 1:06 am

???   :o  Your from Texas ... aren't you ? 'Bush' state ? Well, I just assumed you'd be Republican.  :-X

Mind you .... the 'Dixie Chicks' are also from there .... and saying they were embarrassed ... to be from his state .... didn't do their careers much good.  :( 

;D
We were stationed in Texas Alan. Since June we have been stationed in New York.
But we claim Maryland since that is where hubby is originally from. ;)

Republican?
Democratic?
Independent?

I am a swing voter - I actually vote for the changes I want and stuff, not just the individual of my party. ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/05/08 at 1:11 am

*win*

When things were at their very worst last week, the following two jokes were making their rounds around all the usual hangouts...

Divorced guys: "This market's worse than divorce.  I lost half my net worth, but at least I got laid instead of just screwed."

Bachelor guys: "This market beats divorce.  Sure, at one point I lost half my net worth, but at least I don't have an ex-wife."

Hey, it's only money.  They'll print more! :)

Thirwell fanbabe (did any women ever enjoy Thirwell?) pickup line:  Come to BEDROCK!

Randroid chick pickup line: Yo, how 'bout I work on your fireplace?

Y'know, on balance, I gotta go with the Foetus here. 

Nah, Thirwell was always a guy thing.  I remember Foetus fans at the bar with their Cocteau Twins girlfriends!

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/05/08 at 1:11 am

;D
We were stationed in Texas Alan. Since June we have been stationed in New York.
But we claim Maryland since that is where hubby is originally from. ;)

Republican?
Democratic?
Independent?

I am a swing voter - I actually vote for the changes I want and stuff, not just the individual of my party. ;)

Yeah ... I knew you'd moved to New York. Good attitude about how you vote !  8)

By the way, how's New York working out ? You were staying in a hotel room. Found a nice place to live ?

Written By: Tam on 11/05/08 at 1:20 am

Yeah ... I knew you'd moved to New York. Good attitude about how you vote !   8)

By the way, how's New York working out ? You were staying in a hotel room. Found a nice place to live ?

Thanks ;)

New York is awesome!
Not in a hotel room anymore - currently residing in On-Post housing, which is to say that we live on the Post, technically part of Bush's 'estate', if you will, but come January it will be part of OBAMA's 'estate'!!! 8) ;D But yeah, we are definitely a lot more comfortable then we were. :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/05/08 at 1:36 am

Thanks ;)

New York is awesome!
Not in a hotel room anymore - currently residing in On-Post housing, which is to say that we live on the Post, technically part of Bush's 'estate', if you will, but come January it will be part of OBAMA's 'estate'!!! 8) ;D But yeah, we are definitely a lot more comfortable then we were. :)

I don't REALLY understand 'Post' housing  ... not familiar with the term .. but ... anyways ... sounds like it's tolerable.

It's permanent ...(?) ... or an interim move ?

Written By: Tam on 11/05/08 at 1:42 am

I don't REALLY understand 'Post' housing  ... not familiar with the term .. but ... anyways ... sounds like it's tolerable.

It's permanent ...(?) ... or an interim move ?

Let's see, how can I explain Post Housing?
We live on the Base that hubby works on. The houses are kind of like Government housing, but definitely a step up.
We are here pretty much for our duration here, because we still own our house in Texas, and if we get posted soomewhere else, we will likely live On Post there too. That's the best way I can explain it I guess. ;)

Written By: snozberries on 11/05/08 at 3:24 am

sometimes for fun I check all the boxes that apply... especially when it says just pick one!  >:(  How is that fair?

Written By: ninny on 11/05/08 at 6:09 am

Congratulations Barack Obama :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/05/08 at 6:17 am

Congratulations Barack Obama :)

http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm349/Mo-chan-the-Motail/avatar_18188.gif

Boogie nights/ A change is gonna  HAS come !  :D

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/05/08 at 12:16 pm

And a bigger majority in Congress too!!!!!!!!!!

Let the good times roll.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/05/08 at 12:30 pm

And a bigger majority in Congress too!!!!!!!!!!

Let the good times roll.

Rock on .......

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6167/avatar424uk2.jpg
Don Carlos !  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/05/08 at 12:57 pm

Last night at 11:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, CNN called the election for Obama. Both Carlos & I just couldn't believe it and both of us shed a few tears. I went into the kitchen, and into the refrigerator for a small bottle of champagne that was given to us on our anniversary about two weeks ago.  We toasted Obama's victory, his health, & better days for this country. The kicker of it was the fact that person who gave us that bottle is a die-heart Republican and we are both sure that she voted for McCain.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/05/08 at 1:00 pm

Last night at 11:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, CNN called the election for Obama. Both Carlos & I just couldn't believe it and both of us shed a few tears. I went into the kitchen, and into the refrigerator for a small bottle of champagne that was given to us on our anniversary about two weeks ago.  We toasted Obama's victory, his health, & better days for this country. The kicker of it was the fact that person who gave us that bottle is a die-heart Republican and we are both sure that she voted for McCain.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

great you celebrated w/ the Don... but you coulda dropped by and celebrated with us! We had a party going on!

;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/05/08 at 2:46 pm

What really amazes me is the reactions of our friends here from all over the world-Mr. Mister, Henk, Philbo, Thereshegoes, and everyone else (please don't be offended if you don't mention you by name). I guess it shows how much our nation has an effect on the rest of the world.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/05/08 at 2:49 pm

What really amazes me is the reactions of our friends here from all over the world-Mr. Mister, Henk, Philbo, Thereshegoes, and everyone else (please don't be offended if you don't mention you by name). I guess it shows how much our nation has an effect on the rest of the world.

Cat

I was thinking the same thing.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/05/08 at 2:51 pm

Looking forward to having Barack Obama as our next President!  :)

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/05/08 at 3:19 pm

I voted for the person that wins...and Obama won even before I went into the Voting Booth (Yes, I voted for Obama too).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/05/08 at 3:19 pm

What a great looking First Family.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01107/obama-greets-suppo_1107659c.jpg

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/05/08 at 3:25 pm

well, Sarah Palin did say God would do the right thing on election day

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/22/palin-god-will-do-the-right-thing-on-election-day/?

THANK GOD!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/05/08 at 5:24 pm

well, Sarah Palin did say God would do the right thing on election day

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/22/palin-god-will-do-the-right-thing-on-election-day/?

THANK GOD!

God endorsed Obama because he'll do the right thing.  Dobson's probably numb right now. ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 11/05/08 at 5:40 pm

Whoopie gives a great explanation of how African Americans feel.  The little miss thing hassleback joins the friendship train, and Joy gives her a good zinger.  Sherri is just useless no matter what she does.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-wjcm9hAG0

Written By: snozberries on 11/05/08 at 5:45 pm

Whoopie gives a great explanation of how African Americans feel.  The little miss thing hassleback joins the friendship train, and Joy gives her a good zinger.  Sherri is just useless no matter what she does.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-wjcm9hAG0

oh I don't know.... Sherri got me to tear up a little today.  Elisabeth is annoying but she is a gracious loser.  I just hate how she's zeroed in on Barack for what she calls double talk) but now suddenly she has no fears or qualms about his presidency. If you were afraid before the election you should be afraid after as well.... Sorry Liz- there's no take backs in politics!

Written By: tv on 11/05/08 at 7:02 pm

Congratulations to Barack Obama! He ran a great campaign and he deserved to win.

Written By: nally on 11/05/08 at 7:06 pm

Congratulations to Barack Obama! He ran a great campaign and he deserved to win.

I agree. The man stopped at nothing to urge people to vote for him. I think he's gonna be remembered for eons to come. 8) So will this election. (For all the right reasons.)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/05/08 at 7:25 pm

And, unlike Dubya, he actually DID win!

Written By: tv on 11/05/08 at 8:48 pm

And, unlike Dubya, he actually DID win!
I'm gald your happy Maxwell since I know your big into politics that Obama won.

Written By: greenjello74 on 11/06/08 at 11:49 am

Big congrats to Barack, I was so happy he won. Worked hard doing calls door knocking, sign waving on street corners. I never doubted he would
win. Now lets see how he handles the mess that Bush/Cheney is leaving him.
Well at least that village in Texas missing its idiot will soon have him back.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/06/08 at 12:23 pm

Well at least that village in Texas missing its idiot will soon have him back.

Not soon enough in my book. He can still cause a lot of misery in the time remaining until January 20th.

Cat

Written By: Zeb on 11/06/08 at 1:18 pm

He took Iowa. :D  No need to thank me, Mr.President, no one ever does ;) 

Written By: greenjello74 on 11/06/08 at 7:00 pm

Not soon enough in my book. He can still cause a lot of misery in the time remaining until January 20th.

Cat

This is so true, there's lots of time for damage to be done. Lets just all send some good vibes Baracks way that he will have the wisdom and strength to get us out of this mess!!1

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/06/08 at 7:37 pm

Cat

As an even lamer duck President than he was BEFORE this election result ... I doubt he can cause that much damage anymore. About the only significant power he's gonna be able to exercise now ... is his right to pardon.

Expect a bunch of cronies / controversy at who he lets off the hook .... as is often the case with presidential pardons.

If Bin Laden were American ... Bush would probably pardon that guy too  ::) .. the man who gave his floundering  presidency legitimacy !  8-P  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/06/08 at 9:13 pm

I'm gald your happy Maxwell since I know your big into politics that Obama won.

One of two men was going to win.  We've got a big mess to sweep up and a lot of fences to mend.  Which one shall it be?  The cantankerous out prisoncamp snitch or the A-1 lawyer from the Harvard Law Review? 

Don't skimp on the suce baby!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/occasion18.gif

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/06/08 at 10:52 pm

I'm breathing a sigh of relief.  Can't wait till he is referred to as President Obama. :)

I'm already calling him President Obama.  I don't care if it's linguistically incorrect.  I'm just too excited to wait!

Written By: nally on 11/06/08 at 11:43 pm

^ I feel the same way too!! :D

But it'll be here before ya know it!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/07/08 at 12:16 pm

As an even lamer duck President than he was BEFORE this election result ... I doubt he can cause that much damage anymore. About the only significant power he's gonna be able to exercise now ... is his right to pardon.

Expect a bunch of cronies / controversy at who he lets off the hook .... as is often the case with presidential pardons.

If Bin Laden were American ... Bush would probably pardon that guy too  ::) .. the man who gave his floundering  presidency legitimacy !   8-P  ;D

I'm sure Ted Stevens will be on that list of pardons and how much you wanna bet that he will NOT pardon Border Patrol Agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/07/08 at 9:44 pm

I'd love to see these evil sonofabitches behind bars; the trouble is, it won't do anything to strike evil from the human heart.  Look what they did to Caligula, and yet evil rides on through the millennia!  That's why I'm not getting bent out of shape over Cheney and co. getting off scot-free!

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/08/08 at 5:45 am

A belated Congratulations to Barack Obama on an awesome victory!  8)  8)  8)  8)

Written By: midnite on 11/09/08 at 3:57 pm

Breaking news on Obama win!

http://thetravisty.com/Chappelles_Show/wmv/Black_Reparations.htm

Written By: Davester on 11/09/08 at 6:17 pm

I'd love to see these evil sonofabitches behind bars; the trouble is, it won't do anything to strike evil from the human heart.  Look what they did to Caligula, and yet evil rides on through the millennia!  That's why I'm not getting bent out of shape over Cheney and co. getting off scot-free!

Something that always came to my mind when considering legal action against some members of the Bush administration was...

Treason Trials - Treason Trials!!!

There's something about that I don't like the sound of.  Should the 60 million who voted for him in 2004 be charged as co-conspirators..?

Still, the sight of Dubya doing the perpwalk on the evening news... 8)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/10/08 at 1:02 am

Something that always came to my mind when considering legal action against some members of the Bush administration was...

Treason Trials - Treason Trials!!!

There's something about that I don't like the sound of.  Should the 60 million who voted for him in 2004 be charged as co-conspirators..?

Still, the sight of Dubya doing the perpwalk on the evening news... 8)

Yeah, I'd love to see the whole gang of crooks doing a perp walk shackled together in striped pajamas!  Since that's not going to happen, all we can do is refuse to accept criminality and cronyism in subsequent administrations.  It'll show up in Obama's administration in short order and those of us who voted for him must demand better.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/10/08 at 1:14 am

Yeah, I'd love to see the whole gang of crooks doing a perp walk shackled together in striped pajamas! 

http://bushcheneygang.com/images/bushcheneygang.jpg

http://www.kdebusk.com/bush/images/jailtothechief.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/10/08 at 3:28 am

http://bushcheneygang.com/images/bushcheneygang.jpg

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/hello2.gif

Written By: Tia on 11/11/08 at 4:25 pm

ladies and gentlemen...

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/630/slide_630_12840_large.jpg

the leader of the free world!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/11/08 at 4:42 pm

ladies and gentlemen...

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/630/slide_630_12840_large.jpg

Man, he STILL looks good.

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 11/11/08 at 4:44 pm

Man, he STILL looks good.

Cat

Yes. ;D

That street looks familiar.

Written By: nally on 11/11/08 at 5:28 pm

LOL :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/11/08 at 5:38 pm

Carlos' daughter sent us some of these photos in an email.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/04/reactions-around-the-worl_n_141187.html

Like I said a few pages back, I am just amaze at the reaction from around the world. It totally blows my mind.

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 11/11/08 at 6:28 pm

I knew that I would vote for Barak when I saw this.  He knows how to sway those hips, I see this in my dreams  ::)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsWpvkLCvu4

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/11/08 at 7:08 pm

ladies and gentlemen...

Oh, he rides a bicycle.  No wonder the Germans love him so much!
:)

Dubya rode one too, except he did one thing Obama doesn't: Fall off.

Written By: philbo on 11/12/08 at 5:43 am

Cat

Offended?  Why on earth should I be offended?

It's probably the most optimistic election result in my living memory for a whole bunch of different reasons... even more so than Blair's election in '97 (but that one didn't turn out so well, I guess)

He's got a sod of a job to do, though - things aren't going to get better quickly, and people have short memories.  It won't be long before he's being blamed for the state of the union, when it hasn't been him who's got it into the mess.

There was a thread on another board entitled "Dear President Obama", linking to this letter... made me start off this parody to Gee Officer Krupke:

De-e-e-ear President Obama
We know you've lots to do
So first shut down Guantanama
Then cut down CO2
Withdraw from Iraq (caref'ly)
Then banish human greed
Holy moly! That's the change we need

Gee, Barack Obama, we're all so upset
That Bush has left the US with such humongous debt
A miracle's needed.. you're such a cool dude
Barack: deliver, or we're screwed

..not sure if I'll finish it, yet.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/12/08 at 2:49 pm

Offended?  Why on earth should I be offended?

It's probably the most optimistic election result in my living memory for a whole bunch of different reasons... even more so than Blair's election in '97 (but that one didn't turn out so well, I guess)

He's got a sod of a job to do, though - things aren't going to get better quickly, and people have short memories.  It won't be long before he's being blamed for the state of the union, when it hasn't been him who's got it into the mess.

There was a thread on another board entitled "Dear President Obama", linking to this letter... made me start off this parody to Gee Officer Krupke:

De-e-e-ear President Obama
We know you've lots to do
So first shut down Guantanama
Then cut down CO2
Withdraw from Iraq (caref'ly)
Then banish human greed
Holy moly! That's the change we need

Gee, Barack Obama, we're all so upset
That Bush has left the US with such humongous debt
A miracle's needed.. you're such a cool dude
Barack: deliver, or we're screwed

..not sure if I'll finish it, yet.

I knew you wouldn't be offended because I did mention you by name-I meant the people I did NOT name.  ;)

Cat

Written By: thereshegoes on 11/12/08 at 3:44 pm

Cat

Nah,we just let you think that 'cause we know you'd all throw a fit if you realised America is not the leader of the free world afterall ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/12/08 at 4:12 pm

Nah,we just let you think that 'cause we know you'd all throw a fit if you realised America is not the leader of the free world afterall ;)

Free world?  where's that?

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/13/08 at 12:30 am

Free world?  where's that?

Who is John Galt?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/13/08 at 1:00 am

Who is John Galt?

Your papa!

--Ms. R.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/13/08 at 4:01 am

Your papa!

--Ms. R.

Well, at least that explains the odd plaster around the fireplace mantle.  Eew :)

Written By: philbo on 11/13/08 at 5:54 am

For some reason that reminded me of the joke:

All the organs of the body were having a meeting, trying to decide who was the one in charge.

"I should be the leader," said the brain , "because I run all the body's systems, so without me nothing would happen".

"I should be the leader," said the blood, "because I circulate oxygen all over so without me you'd all waste away."

"I should be the leader," said the stomach," because I process food and give all of you energy."

"I should be the leader," said the legs, "because I carry the body wherever it needs to go."

"I should be the leader," said the eyes, "because I allow the body to see where it goes."

"I should be the leader," said the a**hole, "Because I'm responsible for waste removal."

All the other body parts laughed at the a**hole and insulted him, so in a huff, he shut down tight.

Within a few days, the brain had a terrible headache, the stomach was bloated, the legs got wobbly, the eyes got watery, and the blood was toxic. They all decided that the a**hole should be the leader.

The Moral of the story?
...you don't need to be brainy to be the leader... just an a**hole

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/13/08 at 10:24 am

This is perfect!  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riDNzArgPFs

Too bad JB couldn't live to see this.  :(

Check for new replies or respond here...