» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: The Religious Right! If you voted Obama - you are going to Hell!!!

Written By: Tam on 11/05/08 at 1:39 pm

I believe that I am using the correct terminology. Religious right refers to a broad spectrum of Religions whereas the Christian Right refers only to "Christians". Correct? ;D

Anyway, I am so completely sick of the Religious Right! Mostly because of one of their stances, and I can hardly believe they would view themselves religious, if they stopped and looked at what they are actually doing!!!

I am talking about the Judgement they use when it comes to Gay and Lesbians, or Abortion.
Yes, I am Christian.
No I do not agree with legalizing abortion or same sex marriages etc.
Most of you already know this.
And most of you know that I do not Judge!!!

So how is it that the Religious Right can Judge?
It is these people who make it so easy for others to Demonize Christianity!
Who exactly are they that they can sit and cast judgement against anything at all? Are they ALL suddenly The Last Zion? The Last Bloodline to Jesus Christ Himself? Did God send down a new Commandment telling them that they were now officially God's Judges?

It makes me sick that they think they can throw stones, when some of them would probably shatter their own glass houses that they live in. Personally, when I don't agree with something, I make my opinion known, but then I go about my business. As long as I have said what I want to say, then there is no need for me to further push my religious beliefs down peoples throats, there is no need for me to judge and try to change the direction of another. Through my Faith, I have been taught that God himself is the only Judge, so why does the Religious Right insist on making the rest of us look like IDIOTS??!!! They truly do make the Demonization of Christianity so easy. It sickens me that these people claim to have the same Faith as I do, but IMO they have been taught nothing but self-righteousness, conceit and greed.

end rant for now.
I am still too mad to continue....

Subject: Re: The Religious Right! I am so sick of it!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/05/08 at 1:49 pm

So you're one of those Christians who understands all sides to things.  Wish there were more like you.

Written By: snozberries on 11/05/08 at 2:18 pm

Well said Tam

Me too Kathie

Written By: Dagwood on 11/05/08 at 2:21 pm

I believe that I am using the correct terminology. Religious right refers to a broad spectrum of Religions whereas the Christian Right refers only to "Christians". Correct? ;D

Anyway, I am so completely sick of the Religious Right! Mostly because of one of their stances, and I can hardly believe they would view themselves religious, if they stopped and looked at what they are actually doing!!!

I am talking about the Judgement they use when it comes to Gay and Lesbians, or Abortion.
Yes, I am Christian.

Who exactly are they that they can sit and cast judgement against anything at all? Are they ALL suddenly The Last Zion? The Last Bloodline to Jesus Christ Himself? Did God send down a new Commandment telling them that they were now officially God's Judges?

It makes me sick that they think they can throw stones, when some of them would probably shatter their own glass houses that they live in. Personally, when I don't agree with something, I make my opinion known, but then I go about my business. As long as I have said what I want to say, then there is no need for me to further push my religious beliefs down peoples throats, there is no need for me to judge and try to change the direction of another. Through my Faith, I have been taught that God himself is the only Judge, so why does the Religious Right insist on making the rest of us look like IDIOTS??!!! They truly do make the Demonization of Christianity so easy. It sickens me that these people claim to have the same Faith as I do, but IMO they have been taught nothing but self-righteousness, conceit and greed.

end rant for now.

I'm with you, Tam.  The people you are talking about are few but dang are they loud.  They do make the rest of us look bad. 

Written By: SemperYoda on 11/05/08 at 2:22 pm

It makes me mad as well. 

Written By: Tam on 11/05/08 at 2:41 pm

So you're one of those Christians who understands all sides to things.  Wish there were more like you.

I try to be Kathie.
It's so very hard with my so-called counterparts making the rest of us look like Idiots!

I'm with you, Tam.  The people you are talking about are few but dang are they loud.  They do make the rest of us look bad. 

Thanks Dag. And you know what? I am not so much concerned with looking bad per se. Everyone is allowed their own opinion on Religion(s), I just wish the arsewipes who supposedly share my views would get off of their high horses and realize that they themselves are not without fault. ;)

Loud?! Good Lord, they are so dang loud you would think there were more! ;D

It makes me mad as well. 

Here is how I ended up writing this thread.

I was on the phone today with a friend of mine. We're both Christians, talk was of the election, the economy, how are families were doing. Then all of a sudden she decides to tell me that anyone who voted for Obama is going to Hell. That I don't stand up enough for my beliefs, and because she does - she is going to get more RICHES in Heaven than I am! That my voice is not as important to God as her voice because I don't make myself heard like she does!!

Well, I know she heard me today.
I lost it. I know it was unbecoming - what I said to her, but I couldn't believe she had the audacity to belittle me and try to berate my actions! Of course, a few choice words left my mouth, of which I am not proud, but I did apologize before I hung up on her. :( >:(

Well said Tam

Me too Kathie

Thanks Girl. 8)

Written By: snozberries on 11/05/08 at 2:43 pm

God needs better PR.

It seems only the crazy people are the ones representing him loudest on the streets  ;D

Written By: SemperYoda on 11/05/08 at 3:02 pm

I don't believe in Heaven or Hell, but by chance there was a Hell and I was going there for voting for Obama, then so be it, I will have a lot of friends coming with me.

It is nice to find a good, level headed religious person out there.  Tam, there is no need to apologize for choice words.  He He.  Your friend deserved it.   

Written By: thereshegoes on 11/05/08 at 3:56 pm

Seems to me that the problem is fanaticism. I'm surprised to hear that fanatics have such a huge presence overthere,i mean we have them too we just don't pay attention to what they preach. Religion should be about helping eachother and not discriminate. Anyone who uses religion to teach hate and hypocrisy cannot be taken seriously and should just be ignored.

Written By: snozberries on 11/05/08 at 5:52 pm

Seems to me that the problem is fanaticism. I'm surprised to hear that fanatics have such a huge presence overthere,i mean we have them too we just don't pay attention to what they preach. Religion should be about helping eachother and not discriminate. Anyone who uses religion to teach hate and hypocrisy cannot be taken seriously and should just be ignored.

the only reason their presence is so prevalent here is because they always speak the loudest and demand the most attention.

the good ones like Tam are quiet and get lost in the hoopla the fanatics create.

Written By: Tam on 11/05/08 at 6:33 pm

the only reason their presence is so prevalent here is because they always speak the loudest and demand the most attention.

the good ones like Tam are quiet and get lost in the hoopla the fanatics create.

Thanks - but with this thread I kind of yelled real loud!! Too bad not one of them will hear me because they are still so much louder. :-\\

(changed the thread title a little)

Subject: Re: The Religious Right! If you voted Obama - you are going to Hell!!!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/05/08 at 7:31 pm

Christianity is a religion.  The Religious Right is an authoritarian political movement under the guise of religion.  This is why it is palatable for Pat Robertson to champion the "investor class" and own African diamond mines while he talks of the teachings of Jesus!

Written By: snozberries on 11/05/08 at 11:05 pm

Thanks - but with this thread I kind of yelled real loud!! Too bad not one of them will hear me because they are still so much louder. :-\\

(changed the thread title a little)

yeah but you yelled in the right direction  ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/06/08 at 2:18 am

There's some people out there who are going batsh!t insane about the idea of a black president.

This one guy I work with (who I normally get along with OK) came into work today with an upside-down American flag on the back of his shirt. I wanted to go up to him and ask him if he realized how much of a moron he looked like but I figured that's exactly what he wanted so I didn't even acknowledge it.

This guy actually believes that once in office, Barack Obama wants to, and I quote, "exterminate the white race."  :o :o :o

When I saw him wearing that stupid upside-down flag today, I really wanted to go up to him and say, "Oh my God, look! It's OBAMA! He's come to exterminate us!!! Everybody run for your lives!!!"

This is the kind of crap I've been dealing with for the last several months, and worse. Over the course of this campaign I've heard so many N-bombs uttered that I'd might as well be in Mississippi in 1964. It's gotten to the point where I'm actually seriously thinking about ending a friendship over this.

All I know is that I'm probably going to get laid off from my job on Friday, and I'm actually glad. I really need to get away from these ass clowns before they drive me nuts.

Sorry to lay all this on you, but I really needed to vent.

Written By: SemperYoda on 11/06/08 at 9:13 am

There's some people out there who are going batsh!t insane about the idea of a black president.

This one guy I work with (who I normally get along with OK) came into work today with an upside-down American flag on the back of his shirt. I wanted to go up to him and ask him if he realized how much of a moron he looked like but I figured that's exactly what he wanted so I didn't even acknowledge it.

This guy actually believes that once in office, Barack Obama wants to, and I quote, "exterminate the white race."  :o :o :o

When I saw him wearing that stupid upside-down flag today, I really wanted to go up to him and say, "Oh my God, look! It's OBAMA! He's come to exterminate us!!! Everybody run for your lives!!!"

This is the kind of crap I've been dealing with for the last several months, and worse. Over the course of this campaign I've heard so many N-bombs uttered that I'd might as well be in Mississippi in 1964. It's gotten to the point where I'm actually seriously thinking about ending a friendship over this.

All I know is that I'm probably going to get laid off from my job on Friday, and I'm actually glad. I really need to get away from these ass clowns before they drive me nuts.

Sorry to lay all this on you, but I really needed to vent.

This is as good a place as any to vent. 

Ya, I saw a letter to the editor in my local newspaper saying that on November 4th, 2008 she lost her country.  It used to be safe, bla bla bla.  I mean, get real people. 

Here in Utah assault rifle sales went up because of Obama being elected.  I guess its good to see these asshats squirm because they gave us 8 years of Bush.  Paybacks a bitch, but I hope the Dems don't screw it up. 

The Constitution has been trampled on the last 8 years, yet a black man being elected is the end of the white man in America?  WTF over.

This country doesn't really deserve someone as classy as Obama.  We are a country of greedy, lazy, bigoted, pompous, ignorant idiots.   

Written By: Tia on 11/06/08 at 9:35 am

We are a country of greedy, lazy, bigoted, pompous, ignorant idiots.   
i believe this line was written into the rough draft of the Pledge of Allegiance. it didn't make it to the final draft, oddly.

"i pledge allegiance to the flag
of the greedy, lazy idiots
and to the republic, for which it stands
pompous and ignorant
with bigoted injustice for all."  :P

Written By: SemperYoda on 11/06/08 at 9:52 am

i believe this line was written into the rough draft of the Pledge of Allegiance. it didn't make it to the final draft, oddly.

"i pledge allegiance to the flag
of the greedy, lazy idiots
and to the republic, for which it stands
pompous and ignorant
with bigoted injustice for all."  :P

;D  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 11/06/08 at 11:30 am

Tam, good for you for getting on your friend about that.  I tell you, I wouldn't have had as much control.  I probably would have reached through the phone and bitch slapped her. ;D  And if you're going to hell, I'll see you there. ;)

Yeah, I've heard instances of people getting all batsh*t crazy because Obama is president, and most of the craziness has to do with what color he is.  Never mind his education, never mind what he has done in the state of Illinois, never mind his own awesome personal traits.....he's African American!  OMFG, the whole world is going to end now!  The White people are going to be without anything because President Obama (I love saying that!) is going to favor the Black people!  Git yer guns and set up a compound in Montana! ::)

Written By: greenjello74 on 11/06/08 at 11:44 am

I'll be roasting there too.... ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/06/08 at 12:26 pm

I'm hell bound.  Satan's going to have his hands full with us. :D

The Catholic Church is saying Obama supporters may be denied communion.  They'd excommunicate but no one wants to do THAT much paperwork.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/06/08 at 1:53 pm

The Catholic Church is saying Obama supporters may be denied communion.  They'd excommunicate but no one wants to do THAT much paperwork.

Can you get us a source for this?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/06/08 at 2:33 pm

What gets me is that there are some people who THINK they know what God wants. Who made them an authority? If you believe something-so be it, that is your right. But it is my right NOT to believe what you do. And to say that God wants our country to do this or that is just so arrogant-because which God are you talking about? Yahweh? Allah? Jehovah? Vishnu? Krishna? Zeus? Shiva? Jupiter? etc. etc.

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 11/06/08 at 2:38 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/02/AR2008060202591.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

From some google searches, it looks like they were trying to deny John Kerry the Communion as well back in 2004.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/06/politics/main610547.shtml

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/06/08 at 2:44 pm

That's one reason we have a secret ballot.  It's none of the clergy's business to know which way a communicant voted!

"For whom did you vote, my son?"
"Barack Obama, father."
"No wafer for you!"
::)

Written By: adagio on 11/06/08 at 4:36 pm

Talk about rumours.  I'm Catholic and none of that is true.

Written By: thereshegoes on 11/06/08 at 4:39 pm

I don't believe it either. At least overhere all catholics are all happy for him. Now Dubya was an all different story...

Written By: Jessica on 11/06/08 at 5:02 pm

None of it?  Then how do you explain the two stories I linked to?

From the Washington Post story, and I quote:

Kmiec was denied Communion in April at a Mass for a group of Catholic business people he later addressed at dinner.

It may not be as widespread as Reynolds said, but it has happened at least once as a documented incident.

And no, I'm not picking on the Catholic Church, because EVERY religion has its faults.

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/06/08 at 5:20 pm

Yes, I am Christian.

end rant for now.

Great post. :) You know, not so much about the election itself, but I thought this would be an interesting discussion about religion.

Even though I'm generally left wing I'm personally opposed to abortion - I think anyone who valued human life would be. Kids don't ask to be born and I think it's a copout for people who don't want children and don't even have the common decency to put them up for adoption or something to let them live a decent life. That issue gives Libs in general a bad name so I can relate to that on my side.

Although I have to politely disagree with you on gay marriage (I think people are born with their sexuality and as long as you're law-abiding citizens who treat people respectfully that's what matters) I totally understand what you're saying. I hate how the extreme 5% of ANY group tend to set the picture and unfairly ruin it for everyone else since you become typecasted. That always angered me, especially since I myself don't fit into alot of "typical" things I technically am (i.e. a straight guy, a Liberal, or 10 years ago I hated being lumped with the snotty moron teenagers just because of my age).

I admit I had biased view of Christians up until 2-3 years ago, which I feel really guilty for now. I figured they were all the types who thought if you liked rock, had casual sex (even if I personally kinda disapprove of that) or simply didn't believe in Jesus or have the same values they did, you were supposedly evil and going to hell. However I realized those are more fundamentalists (like John Lithgow's preacher character and the town council in Footloose). That's nothing like average everyday Christians who just choose to pray a certain way and live by a general set of rules. It seems that the spiritual side is what draws most people in, and I do believe in God and at least many of the basic things about Christianity.

Beings that I started off the same way and made the mistake of judging it based just on the extremists, that ticks me off for BOTH reasons since it makes everyone look bad. I can see your point really clearly on BOTH sides 'cause lots of people really can be narrow-minded.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/06/08 at 6:30 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tpPetdNGOg

http://www.newsweek.com/id/163896

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqjXC_fa4mA

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/06/08 at 6:36 pm

My Uncle is a Monsignor, so what is your point?  If you believe what the Catholic Church  teaches you wouldn't be surprised at this.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/06/08 at 6:42 pm

I don't believe it either. At least overhere all catholics are all happy for him. Now Dubya was an all different story...

Pope Benedict was cringing when he went to Brazil.  Remember his stance on condom use?  As I recall the good citizen of Brazil told him "no can do". 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/06/08 at 9:50 pm

Pope Benedict was cringing when he went to Brazil.  Remember his stance on condom use?  As I recall the good citizen of Brazil told him "no can do". 

If you're not using it to make a baby, keep it in your pants.  That's what the chuch says....sort of.  The problem is, since you're not supposed to do it anyway, it's fostering immorality to talk of contraception! 

Yeah, but these people are dying lingering deaths of cholera, avian flue, tuberculisis, war, hunger, street violence, and deydration.

We don't make the law.  We just enforce it.  You don't like it, take it up with the big guy...we don't recommend it though!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/buck.gif

Written By: Red Ant on 11/06/08 at 11:11 pm

I recall writing several months ago something here to the effect of 'if you vote for McCain you should be sterilized'. It was, of course, mostly tongue-in-cheek - I don't think that literally. Anyway...

It still amazes me that some Christians, like your friend, Tam, rip on other Christians, and mean it.

Implying that she is a better Christian than you are is as absurd to me as someone saying he is a better atheist than I. You may not be proud of what you said to her, but she probably deserved it.  ;)

Which is better: being a better , or being a better person?

I didn't vote for Obama, but would have if I could.

Ant

Written By: gibbo on 11/07/08 at 5:12 am

I think where they become unglued is that they judge people not their actions. This is sometimes hard to separate.... :-\\

Written By: gibbo on 11/07/08 at 7:13 am

None of it?  Then how do you explain the two stories I linked to?

From the Washington Post story, and I quote:

It may not be as widespread as Reynolds said, but it has happened at least once as a documented incident.

And no, I'm not picking on the Catholic Church, because EVERY religion has its faults.

Not really certain who that person is...but, technically, to receive holy communion within a Catholic Mass, a person must be in a 'State of Grace' (i.e. no 'mortal' sins that have not been confessed and forgiven). If a person publicly supports an action (such as abortion) then that person is automatically ex-communicating themselves from the Catholic Church as Catholics cannot believe in abortion. Any priest who is aware of a person trying to receive communion (while actively supporting abortion) is compelled to refuse communion. He should offer the opportunity for reconciliation though.

It's a catch 22 situation.....not my rules....just the way it is!  Of course, not many priests would be game to make a public stand like that....

Written By: danootaandme on 11/07/08 at 7:54 am

Not really certain who that person is...but, technically, to receive holy communion within a Catholic Mass, a person must be in a 'State of Grace' (i.e. no 'mortal' sins that have not been confessed and forgiven). If a person publicly supports an action (such as abortion) then that person is automatically ex-communicating themselves from the Catholic Church as Catholics cannot believe in abortion. Any priest who is aware of a person trying to receive communion (while actively supporting abortion) is compelled to refuse communion. He should offer the opportunity for reconciliation though.

It's a catch 22 situation.....not my rules....just the way it is!  Of course, not many priests would be game to make a public stand like that....

All things being equal, soldiers who go to war should not receive communion.  People who send soldiers to war should not receive communion.  People who are divorced should not receive communion, well the can't actually, unless the cough up enough money for an annulment, the ability to purchase an annulment is a whole other issue of hypocrisy within the church.

Written By: gibbo on 11/07/08 at 8:06 am

All things being equal, soldiers who go to war should not receive communion.  People who send soldiers to war should not receive communion.  People who are divorced should not receive communion, well the can't actually, unless the cough up enough money for an annulment, the ability to purchase an annulment is a whole other issue of hypocrisy within the church.

True...but there are wars...and there are wars. I believe the Catholic Church sees defending (truly defending) yourself or others as justified killing. Some wars are extremely dubious in whether it can be justified. Usually it is justified when an evil dictator is running amok. Hitler really had to be stopped. Many thought America should have stayed out of it ...but without their late push (in Europe) things may have turned out differently for the entire world. Hitler would not have stopped...he wanted it all. Soldiers must obey their orders....and there may well be times where they shouldn't (to their own detriment).

Iraq was/is a different kettle of fish though...... :-\\  I intially thought Sadam had to be stopped (the U.S. should have done that the first time they went in) but now how do you get out quickly without leaving a big mess?  It was a big mess either way!

Written By: danootaandme on 11/07/08 at 8:16 am

True...but there are wars...and there are wars. I believe the Catholic Church sees defending (truly defending) yourself or others as justified killing. Some wars are extremely dubious in whether it can be justified. Usually it is justified when an evil dictator is running amok. Hitler really had to be stopped. Many thought America should have stayed out of it ...but without their late push (in Europe) things may have turned out differently for the entire world. Hitler would not have stopped...he wanted it all. Soldiers must obey their orders....and there may well be times where they shouldn't (to their own detriment).

Iraq was/is a different kettle of fish though...... :-\\  I intially thought Sadam had to be stopped (the U.S. should have done that the first time they went in) but now how do you get out quickly without leaving a big mess?  It was a big mess either way!

Although I believe some of what you say, I do not believe these issues should be a province of the church.  If the church is actually true to its mission they would focus on this:

http://www.smileyme.com/posters_christian/poster_ten_commandments.gif

It bothers me that the church doesn't take a more active role in anti-war issues, or offer help to conscientious objectors.

Written By: gibbo on 11/07/08 at 8:23 am

Although I believe some of what you say, I do not believe these issues should be a province of the church.  If the church is actually true to its mission they would focus on this:

http://www.smileyme.com/posters_christian/poster_ten_commandments.gif

It bothers me that the church doesn't take a more active role in anti-war issues, or offer help to conscientious objectors.

I agree with that statement. The Church should speak out. It is Her mission and duty to do so. Unfortunatley, it is populated by many priests who are too comfortable in their roles and do not want to get their congrgations off-side by teaching publicly on the tougher issues. Many would get up and leave ...but at least it would be honest! If the Church cannot speak out on may moral issues, regardless of whether it upsets some people, then it may not deserve to be called a mainstream religion at all. It therefore, ends up standing for very little and is wishy-washy in the extreme. It cannot be all things to all people.....

Written By: Jessica on 11/07/08 at 10:56 am

Yeah, I know all that.  I'm supposed to be Catholic. ;)  I did all the sh*t for the Church: the baptism, the communion, the catechism classes, etc.  Since my church was pretty liberal, I keep  forgetting that most of the others are very rigid and set in their ways and require you to confess before receiving Communion.

That wasn't my point though.  I was just responding to Adagio's assertion that nothing like that COULD HAVE happened and that it was all rumours, even though both Reynolds and I posted stories about it. :)

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/07/08 at 11:32 am

Yeah, I know all that.  I'm supposed to be Catholic. ;)  I did all the sh*t for the Church: the baptism, the communion, the catechism classes, etc.  Since my church was pretty liberal, I keep  forgetting that most of the others are very rigid and set in their ways and require you to confess before receiving Communion.

That wasn't my point though.  I was just responding to Adagio's assertion that nothing like that COULD HAVE happened and that it was all rumours, even though both Reynolds and I posted stories about it. :)

Sure it happened, as did the debate over Kerry 4 years ago, but it wasn't THE CHURCH's position, ie it wasn't an encyclical or papal pronouncement.  See  the difference?  But no biggie.

Written By: Jessica on 11/07/08 at 11:39 am

Sure it happened, as did the debate over Kerry 4 years ago, but it wasn't THE CHURCH's position, ie it wasn't an encyclical or papal pronouncement.  See  the difference?  But no biggie.

Ah, I gotcha.  It's more of how each individual church handles things.  Sort of a more exception rather than the rule.

Speaking of the Church, does anyone know if the Pope has talked about Obama yet?

Written By: philbo on 11/07/08 at 12:46 pm

The Catholic Church has a very long history of causing wars for political ends; at no time did they act to stop Hitler... the support of the Catholic Church for the IRA has caused the deaths of many innocent people.  "The end justifies the means" could very well be its motto.

As for people who think you're going to hell if you voted for Obama - they need to pull their heads out of their collective backsides and realize that what they're doing is projecting their own pettiness onto their own view of their own god... and just grow up.

Written By: thereshegoes on 11/07/08 at 4:37 pm

I don't know about there but overhere catholics are usually not that worried about what the Pope says. Even priests when they get all rightfull are pretty much ignored. Maybe that means they aren't practicing their faith well but that is what allows them to live,be happy and help eachother.

Written By: greenjello74 on 11/08/08 at 6:47 am

I recall writing several months ago something here to the effect of 'if you vote for McCain you should be sterilized'. It was, of course, mostly tongue-in-cheek - I don't think that literally. Anyway...

It still amazes me that some Christians, like your friend, Tam, rip on other Christians, and mean it.

Implying that she is a better Christian than you are is as absurd to me as someone saying he is a better atheist than I. You may not be proud of what you said to her, but she probably deserved it.  ;)

Which is better: being a better , or being a better person?

I didn't vote for Obama, but would have if I could.

Ant

Karma for that.. I am so tired of hearing people being murdered in the name of any religion. How can a loving supreme being exist, and allow this to happen in their name? Nope sorry no sale.Just more ways to control the peasants.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/08/08 at 12:37 pm

Another Christian, like me, that makes sense.

Yay!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Check for new replies or respond here...