» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: The stuff that couldn't be reported during the campaign... now it comes out

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/05/08 at 8:04 pm

http://www.newsweek.com/id/167581/page/1

Interesting tidbits from the campaign trail that Newsweek had to sit on until everything was done.

Sarah Palin bought WAY more clothes than was reported, barely communicated with John McCain (we suspected that), jumped the gun on the Ayers smear.

Obama was fearful of the debate formats.  McCain and Obama had their computer systems invaded by foreign hackers.

Subject: Re: The stuff that couldn't be reported during the campaign... now it comes out

Written By: Brian06 on 11/05/08 at 9:04 pm

Palin apparently didn't know Africa is a continent or what countries are in NAFTA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZHTJsR4Bc

Subject: Re: The stuff that couldn't be reported during the campaign... now it comes out

Written By: snozberries on 11/05/08 at 11:12 pm

"There was concern that Sarah Palin lacked knowledgeably to be a contender as a running mate"

Um.... then why choose her?

Written By: greenjello74 on 11/06/08 at 11:46 am

"There was concern that Sarah Palin lacked knowledgeably to be a contender as a running mate"

Because she has a vagina. It was an obvious ploy to win the Hillary supporters. But heeheehee backfired in their faces. I love it.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/06/08 at 12:32 pm

They needed a minority.  McCain really wanted Tom Ridge as he running mate.  The two strikes against Tom were that he's male and Pro-Choice. 

Written By: ninny on 11/06/08 at 12:37 pm

Because she can see Russia from her house :D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/06/08 at 1:06 pm

I hear she and Putin wave to each other.  That's her international diplomacy experience. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/06/08 at 1:15 pm

Karma for making me laugh.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/06/08 at 1:44 pm

Well, I can see the moon, sometimes Venus and Mars, and Jupiter from my house.  I guess that makes me an astronomer, or even an astronaut. ;D  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/06/08 at 10:02 pm

Because she has a vagina. It was an obvious ploy to win the Hillary supporters. But heeheehee backfired in their faces. I love it.

The ploy or the vagina?
???

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/06/08 at 10:46 pm

"The debates unnerved both candidates. When he was preparing for them during the Democratic primaries, Obama was recorded saying, "I don't consider this to be a good format for me, which makes me more cautious. I often find myself trapped by the questions and thinking to myself, 'You know, this is a stupid question, but let me … answer it.' So when Brian Williams is asking me about what's a personal thing that you've done , and I say, you know, 'Well, I planted a bunch of trees.' And he says, 'I'm talking about personal.' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I f---ing changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'."

This made me laugh my ass off.  Yet another reason for me to adore Barack Obama.    ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/07/08 at 1:35 am

The ploy or the vagina? ???

As Bugs Bunny would put it, does this answer your question?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/Adman12/Fark/Demotivators/queef.jpg

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/07/08 at 1:36 am

QUEEF LOL!

Written By: danootaandme on 11/07/08 at 8:20 am

I hear she and Putin wave to each other.  That's her international diplomacy experience. :)

I bet Putin has something he'd like to put in Palin  ;D

Written By: SemperYoda on 11/07/08 at 9:27 am

"The debates unnerved both candidates. When he was preparing for them during the Democratic primaries, Obama was recorded saying, "I don't consider this to be a good format for me, which makes me more cautious. I often find myself trapped by the questions and thinking to myself, 'You know, this is a stupid question, but let me … answer it.' So when Brian Williams is asking me about what's a personal thing that you've done , and I say, you know, 'Well, I planted a bunch of trees.' And he says, 'I'm talking about personal.' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I f---ing changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'."

This made me laugh my ass off.  Yet another reason for me to adore Barack Obama.    ;D

He He

Written By: Tia on 11/07/08 at 9:44 am

you can't understand politics without reading the comments threads on wonkette.com.

Boozeweek says at 7:07 pm, November 6th, 2008 - Reply“When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

– Sinclair Lewis, 1935

“When fascism comes to America it will be dressed as a sexy librarian and carrying a retarded baby. Fortunately, fascism will speak in an incoherent, comically-accented word salad that reveals fascism to be an ignoramus. Fascism will then be loaded into a 12-vehicle motorcade and banished to the tundra from whence it came. The End.”

– Boozeweek, 2008"

http://wonkette.com/404237/whack-job-palins-diva-exit-from-america#comments

Written By: Jessica on 11/07/08 at 11:00 am

you can't understand politics without reading the comments threads on wonkette.com.

Boozeweek says at 7:07 pm, November 6th, 2008 - Reply“When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

– Sinclair Lewis, 1935

“When fascism comes to America it will be dressed as a sexy librarian and carrying a retarded baby. Fortunately, fascism will speak in an incoherent, comically-accented word salad that reveals fascism to be an ignoramus. Fascism will then be loaded into a 12-vehicle motorcade and banished to the tundra from whence it came. The End.”

– Boozeweek, 2008"

http://wonkette.com/404237/whack-job-palins-diva-exit-from-america#comments

;D

Hey, that reminds me, what happened to our dear Agoraphobic Wacko?

Written By: Tia on 11/07/08 at 11:23 am

;D

omg, weirdest political polemics ever. i can't even remember what side that dude was on.

Written By: philbo on 11/07/08 at 11:25 am

Am I the only one who read that sentence and cringed?

Because she has a vagina.

...not so much "has a vagina", more "is a c**t" ;)

Written By: greenjello74 on 11/07/08 at 11:27 am

The ploy or the vagina?
???

Both :D ;D

Written By: Jessica on 11/07/08 at 11:27 am

omg, weirdest political polemics ever. i can't even remember what side that dude was on.

I think he was on the Palin train.

You are not. :D

Written By: McDonald on 11/07/08 at 7:40 pm

It seems to me that they are trying to use Palin as a scapegoat for their loss. The fact is that people don't trust their party anymore. They f***ed it up for the last 8 years, and now when they lose they want to blame it on the dumb chick that they chose to help them win... I mean, what the hell?

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/07/08 at 7:55 pm

It seems to me that they are trying to use Palin as a scapegoat for their loss. The fact is that people don't trust their party anymore. They f***ed it up for the last 8 years, and now when they lose they want to blame it on the dumb chick that they chose to help them win... I mean, what the hell?

she's responsible... but she's also responsible for helping increase McCain's numbers in the first place.  Considering how bad the state of the country is, it's a miracle the Republican candidate even got within spitting distance. 

I imagine if it had been a white male candidate McCain faced, he'd have done even worse.  My wife told me about a client her hairdresser had yesterday who was depressed because we had a black president.  This is in "super liberal" Massachusetts. 

Obama's got a lot, A TON, of work fixing the country, and on top of it he has to worry about these ignorant fools as well.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/07/08 at 9:17 pm

I think he was on the Palin train.

I'll bet there's been a few!
:-X

So anyway, Thom Hartmann thinks Romney's the GOP man for 2012 and he's gonna carve up anybody who gets in his way.  Palin's dumb enough to start bidding for it now, so the Romney machine is making quick work of her, hence the post-election revelations!
::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/09/08 at 1:36 pm

I bet Putin has something he'd like to put in Palin   ;D

Come to think of it they would make the perfect couple.

Written By: snozberries on 11/09/08 at 1:46 pm

Karma for making me laugh.

Cat

not only did she make me laugh - I totally had Tina Fey's voice in my head when i read it!  I like how Tina's voice goes up into a little falsetto when she says Russia and house!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/09/08 at 1:48 pm

I cringed when I heard them say it that's why I quoted it.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/09/08 at 1:49 pm

not only did she make me laugh - I totally had Tina Fey's voice in my head when i read it!  I like how Tina's voice goes up into a little falsetto when she says Russia and house!  ;D

Yup-me too.

I am NEVER going to be able to see Tina Fey without seeing Sarah Palin.

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/09/08 at 3:44 pm

;D

Probably hiding out with G.W.Bush2004 waiting for the coast to clear.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/09/08 at 4:26 pm

I bet Putin has something he'd like to put in Palin   ;D

I dare say he would party with her...  :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/10/08 at 1:06 am

Putin wouldn't bother.  I'm sure they take good care of him in Moscow!
8)

Written By: philbo on 11/10/08 at 4:42 am

But only one party

Check for new replies or respond here...