» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Young upstart unseats 3 term GOP politician

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/13/08 at 9:26 pm

http://www.236.com/news/2008/11/13/old_gop_pol_not_mccain_pissed_10236.php

Vanessa Sievers, the 20-year-old Dartmouth College junior who ran for treasurer of Grafton County, NH, and won. The defeated three-term Republican incumbent, 68-year-old Carol Elliott, protested that Ms. Sievers won only because "brainwashed college kids" voted Democratic, and referred to the student as a "teenybopper." And rightly so. This uppity youngster is so childish that insults and name-calling are really the only appropriate responses from a 68-year-old woman.

yeah younger generation!

Subject: Re: Young upstart unseats 3 term GOP politician

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/13/08 at 9:28 pm

But, is she qualified?  :D

Lots of really young mayors and councilmembers, so this is no surprise.  Just as long as they know what they be doing :P

Written By: Jessica on 11/13/08 at 9:38 pm

Damn these kids today, with all their ideas of change and whatnot.

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/13/08 at 10:56 pm

That lady's mistake was just assuming the "old fogey" vote would come out in droves for her!  Next time, you better pound the pavement, Aunt Carol! (or gravel as it may be in that area of NH!)
:D

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/14/08 at 6:59 am

That lady's mistake was just assuming the "old fogey" vote would come out in droves for her!  Next time, you better pound the pavement, Aunt Carol! (or gravel as it may be in that area of NH!)
:D

that's what really kills me about some of these politicians... the sense of entitlement to their job they get when they've been there a while.  Too many uncontested politicians at the state and local levels if you ask me.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/14/08 at 11:45 am

Well "old foggies" can't remain in power forever.  Teenybopper, I wonder if that's a new name for college educated.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/14/08 at 1:27 pm

http://www.236.com/news/2008/11/13/old_gop_pol_not_mccain_pissed_10236.php

Vanessa Sievers, the 20-year-old Dartmouth College junior who ran for treasurer of Grafton County, NH, and won. The defeated three-term Republican incumbent, 68-year-old Carol Elliott, protested that Ms. Sievers won only because "brainwashed college kids" voted Democratic, and referred to the student as a "teenybopper." And rightly so. This uppity youngster is so childish that insults and name-calling are really the only appropriate responses from a 68-year-old woman.

yeah younger generation!

I read about that in this morning's paper. Talk about a sore loser.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/14/08 at 4:29 pm

Well "old foggies" can't remain in power forever.  Teenybopper, I wonder if that's a new name for college educated.

What's that you say?  Speak up, missy, or I can't here ya!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/stpaddy.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...