» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Dick Cheney Indicted in Texas

Written By: danootaandme on 11/19/08 at 7:04 pm

Corruption in the private prison sector.  This is hot off the presses and I am trying to find out more of the story

crimeblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/11/dick-cheney-alberto-gonzales-i.html

Dick Cheney, Alberto Gonzales indicted by south Texas grand jury
7:28 PM Tue, Nov 18, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Scott Goldstein  E-mail  News tips

A grand jury in Willacy County, Texas, has indicted Vice President Dick Cheney and former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales on charges related to alleged abuses of prisoners at federal detention centers, CNN and the Associated Press reported.

According to the Associated Press, the indictment is connected to Mr. Cheney's investment in the Vanguard Group. The company reportedly holds interests in the prison companies in charge of the federal detention centers.

Mr. Gonzales is accused of blocking an investigation into abuse at one of the detention centers while he was attorney general.

A spokesman for the vice president said he has not received an indictment.

The indictment has not yet been signed by the presiding judge and came as District Attorney Juan Angel Guerra's term is winding down.

Willacy County is on the US-Mexico border in the southern tip of Texas.

Subject: Re: Dick Cheney Indicted in Texas

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/19/08 at 8:34 pm

Oh boy.  Good to see them be brought to justice on at least one thing.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/19/08 at 8:35 pm

Will be interesting to read the indictment of Cheney.  They'll have to show more than he was an investor, but that he was somehow entrined in decisionmaking.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/19/08 at 10:09 pm

This indictment might not get the bastards, but keep 'em coming!  It'll help FOX News with hate content!

Written By: nally on 11/19/08 at 11:26 pm

Oh boy.  Good to see them be brought to justice on at least one thing.

My thoughts exactly !

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/20/08 at 3:27 am

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/soap.jpg

Written By: danootaandme on 11/20/08 at 8:00 am

The news wire has been particularly quiet about this.

Written By: Davester on 11/20/08 at 9:13 am

The mere fact that someone has indicted Cheney is amusing at least...

Given that it's Dick Cheney, I'd say that if being one of the architect's of the American torture project, the fraud that is our Iraqi Bush War, and an oilman in the executive branch during a period of record profiteering by petroleum companies haven't ruined his reputation, an indictment from a Texas grand jury for corruption pertaining to a prison construction deal isn't much to worry about... :P

Written By: danootaandme on 11/20/08 at 10:16 am

The mere fact that someone has indicted Cheney is amusing at least...

Given that it's Dick Cheney, I'd say that if being one of the architect's of the American torture project, the fraud that is our Iraqi Bush War, and an oilman in the executive branch during a period of record profiteering by petroleum companies haven't ruined his reputation, an indictment from a Texas grand jury for corruption pertaining to a prison construction deal isn't much to worry about... :P

But it is, or should be, news

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/20/08 at 10:17 am

I agree.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/20/08 at 11:50 am

This was reported in my local paper yesterday, but not much detail, and made it sound goofy.  It's one to  watch.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/20/08 at 11:56 am

This indictment might not get the bastards, but keep 'em coming!  It'll help FOX News with hate content!

Fox Noise is great entertainment.  Obama's win has been great for their spewing potential.  Let's see their creative juice flow with sentiments of Gonzales and Dick being victims.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/20/08 at 1:18 pm

Fox Noise is great entertainment.  Obama's win has been great for their spewing potential.  Let's see their creative juice flow with sentiments of Gonzales and Dick being victims.

Bullies play the best victims!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/20/08 at 1:49 pm

There was an article in today's paper (that I can't find now-sorry) that says Pat Leahy, the chairman of the Judicial Committee is going to continue his probe-even after the inauguration of Barak Obama into the firing of those attorneys which includes Alberto Gonzalez, Karl Rove, & probably Dick Cheney. 

Cat

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/20/08 at 4:15 pm

Well, Cheney and Gonzales may have to be wearing orange somewhere else since Obama will be closing Guantanamo.

St. Helena, perhaps? :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/20/08 at 5:30 pm

Well, Cheney and Gonzales may have to be wearing orange somewhere else since Obama will be closing Guantanamo.

St. Helena, perhaps? :-\\

Leavenworth, I hope.
::)

Shouldn't it be "in-dick-ted"?

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/03/08 at 11:51 am

Regrettably, these indictments have been dropped. :\'(

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/03/08 at 12:11 pm

Regrettably, these indictments have been dropped. :\'(

Can't someone send them in front of the Hague? Maybe the citezens of Iraq. :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/03/08 at 12:59 pm

I'd rather just see him fall into Mount Doom with his Precious!

Written By: Tia on 12/03/08 at 1:05 pm

the judge said something to the prosecutor to the effect of, don't present any more indictments with these particular defendants.

what the hell is that? certain people aren't allowed to be defendants in trials by virtue of being who they are? talk about being above the law. one thing we've learned about these scumbags in the white house right now: they just dont have to follow any rules at all. no rules apply to them.

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/03/08 at 1:16 pm

Cheney should live on an uninhabited island.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/03/08 at 1:18 pm

the judge said something to the prosecutor to the effect of, don't present any more indictments with these particular defendants.

what the hell is that? certain people aren't allowed to be defendants in trials by virtue of being who they are? talk about being above the law. one thing we've learned about these scumbags in the white house right now: they just dont have to follow any rules at all. no rules apply to them.

Don't be bitter.  If you work real hard, maybe one day you too can own your own justice system too! 
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/nono.gif

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/03/08 at 5:49 pm

I'd rather just see him fall into Mount Doom with his Precious!

Naw. I think having him in an orange jumpsuit and become Bubba's bitch would be more fitting.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 12/04/08 at 10:09 am

Naw. I think having him in an orange jumpsuit and become Bubba's bitch would be more fitting.

Cat
thank you so much for the mental image of bill clinton breaking into chez cheney through the back door. there's not enough electroshock therapy in the world to drive that picture from my mind.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/04/08 at 10:18 am

Don't drop the soap, Dick!

;D

Written By: philbo on 12/04/08 at 10:59 am

;D

Hmm.. maybe a "Rock the Boat" parody:-

He commited the crime of the cent'ry
Now Dick Cheney's gonna end up in the fed'ral pen'tentiary
So I hope that he'll be.. braced for rear-entry
Yes I hope that he'll be.. braced for rear-entry, when he

Drops the soap!
Don't drop the soap, Cheney
Drop the soap!
Dick, do not bend over
Drop the soap!
Don't drop the soap, Cheney
Drop the so-o-wo-oap!

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/04/08 at 1:00 pm

IMO-If Bush should be guilty...he should be in an asylum instead of a prison.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/04/08 at 1:18 pm

thank you so much for the mental image of bill clinton breaking into chez cheney through the back door. there's not enough electroshock therapy in the world to drive that picture from my mind.

So there is something lower than Monica?  I don't think Bill likes a fight anyway.  Hillary yes, Bill no.

Written By: Tia on 12/04/08 at 1:23 pm

So there is something lower than Monica? 
yup, i'm gonna go ahead and go out on a limb and opine that dick cheney is, in fact, a less desirable sex partner than monica lewinsky.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/04/08 at 1:26 pm

yup, i'm gonna go ahead and go out on a limb and opine that dick cheney is, in fact, a less desirable sex partner than monica lewinsky.

Lynne says he's a prude.  Therefore we can assume he's not Bill's type.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/04/08 at 11:27 pm

;D

Or vicey-versey!
:P

Check for new replies or respond here...